Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-08-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default About to Move Out

Its just me and a friend moving into a 3 bedroom house, his grandma is renting it out to us for 500 a month. I need advice on what to get and how to budget on food. I have everything in a room I would need.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I don't even spend $100 a month on food. Then again, I'm fine with coffee, Lipton Iced Tea, canned vegetable soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. You shouldn't be spending too much, though. Just get necessities. Set aside some liquor money though! =P
Old 06-08-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who needs to buy liquor when you have friends who need somewhere to drink :)
Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Honestly I don't even spend $100 a month on food. Then again, I'm fine with coffee, Lipton Iced Tea, canned vegetable soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. You shouldn't be spending too much, though. Just get necessities. Set aside some liquor money though! =P
Holy crap, you're cheap date. I spend at leased $75 a week on groceries.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dayum $500 a month thats awesome. You don't want to know my rent

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Dayum $500 a month thats awesome. You don't want to know my rent
Yeah and this is in California too, houses around us go for $1200 min. a month.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leftovers are god. I can get away with cooking twice a week, just get plenty of leftover dishes, buy and cook for 4 and store, if you have a big freezer you can really mix it up and have plenty of different types of meals frozen up for whenever, if you are relying on a fridge you can leave most things for a week before you have to worry. Be careful of chicken and fish especially after a week.

I manage to spend around 40-60 a week on food(thats AU$ so like 30-50 US). Which compared to the alcohol bill is just beautiful.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Haha. I survive on a very sparse diet I guess, but I'm pretty thin. I didn't include date money in there, although I'm more of a random hookup kinda guy. :)
Old 06-08-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Its just me and a friend moving into a 3 bedroom house, his grandma is renting it out to us for 500 a month. I need advice on what to get and how to budget on food. I have everything in a room I would need.
If your in college I recommend getting food stamps. Almost all college students are eligible and it gives you extra money for things like beer and dirty mags.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, I probably spend about 85 to 90 bucks a week on food, but my rent is only 300 a month so it evens out. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy the cheap brand of everything you can get away with.

Oh, and Wal-Mart sells Banquet TV dinners for a buck usually. I almost always grab a few of those.....makes a good quick meal dirt cheap. I recommend the chicken fingers with macaroni and a brownie as well as the spaghetti.

Oh, and pasta is a godsend as well. Grab a box of spaghetti, grab a jar of sauce, make it one day and you'll probably have another 2-3 portions to have later in the week as well.

And steal anything you can from your parents when your at home. If your lucky they'll even offer you stuff that they don't like or isn't getting eaten there....it's amazing how un-picky you become when you have to buy your own food....
Old 06-08-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

500 each or total?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Pasta is always a cheap meal

Box of dried pasta $1
Jar of Francesco rinaldi $1.50

That's about two meals for a single person. $2.50

Mac and cheese don't even bother with craft store brand is good enough. Add a few dashes of Franks Hot Sauce.

That is like a buck a meal.

Basically all you need to buy is furnishings. Since in Cali it doesn't get really hot or cold so I don't think there is much outside of that you should really need.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you go to Kroger, they have these Value brand things that are amazingly cheap. I've found that you can live off that.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy this, Eat forever.

$8 for 48

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...se=&lang=en-US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 06-08-2009 at 02:27 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im poor as **** so I like to grill burgers, I like hot dogs also.

Pasta is good but try different things with it to spice it up a bit.

Mac and cheese is good. 50 cents a box.

Ground beef. You can add it to most anything.

When your the first one to have a apartment you'll going to find out you have a lot more friends than you thought. Good and mostly bad. Just be careful. At least its your grandmas so you dont have to worry about noise violations. Dont know what we were thinking with that pinata. :D

If all else fails just find some hot sauce or something you like and put it on anything.

Another good thing to get is a lot of different lunch meats. There cheap. I love a nice ham sandwich with mustard on lightly toasted bread. Delish.

Furniture wise check out ikea or craigslist. Walmart also.

Make sure you get your cleaning supplies right away.

Oh yeah almost forgot. This is the best thing to. Get all disposal stuff. Plates, bowls, cups, utensils. I makes it so much easier. After a long night of drinking and your dumb ass friends made some frozen pizzas (Oh yeah add frozen pizzas) you dont want to wash dishes the next morning. My roommates always make fun of me because I only eat off of a paper plate no matter what im eating, but there the ones who want to have a ******* apartment meeting every 2 weeks about the dishes piling up in the sink.

Last edited by regoob2 : 06-08-2009 at 02:47 AM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:43 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the 49 cent pot pies theyve got at Kroger's. Fairly tasty and a decent portion. I eat a lot of salads, but I also take a lot of croutons & lettuce from work. Really though, a head of lettuce is a dollar or less. That is a lot of lettuce. Get some carrots, cucumbers w/e to go with it and thats a lot of food.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Buy the cheap brand of everything you can get away with.

Oh, and Wal-Mart sells Banquet TV dinners for a buck usually. I almost always grab a few of those.....makes a good quick meal dirt cheap. I recommend the chicken fingers with macaroni and a brownie as well as the spaghetti.

Oh, and pasta is a godsend as well. Grab a box of spaghetti, grab a jar of sauce, make it one day and you'll probably have another 2-3 portions to have later in the week as well.

And steal anything you can from your parents when your at home. If your lucky they'll even offer you stuff that they don't like or isn't getting eaten there....it's amazing how un-picky you become when you have to buy your own food....
Yeah I dont think I would eat a 6 hour old cold hot dog if I was living at the parents still. :D

Old 06-08-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I love the 49 cent pot pies theyve got at Kroger's. Fairly tasty and a decent portion. I eat a lot of salads, but I also take a lot of croutons & lettuce from work. Really though, a head of lettuce is a dollar or less. That is a lot of lettuce. Get some carrots, cucumbers w/e to go with it and thats a lot of food.
Those pot pies are good. Campbells soup is also good. Never go with the off brand soup, it sucks. I like the condensed chicken noodle. Just dont add to much more water. You cant go wrong with a good salad though.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
500 each or total?
total, we are spliting between 500
Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have lived off basically nothing besides frozen pizzas, hot pockets, top ramen, spaghetti, pasta, eggs, and cereal this entire year.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
total, we are spliting between 500
that's a pretty good deal you got there. If I were you I wouldn't eat too unhealthy, since it can really drain your energy fast if you don't eat right. But other than that with rent that low ($170?) you can afford to have a decent diet and party whenever too.

again.... well played, sir.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:40 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can eat alot better than Ramen and the like for pretty cheap. I spend about 175 bucks on food a month and I eat good and healthy. Sandwich meat is cheap, eggs are cheap. Just be prepared to cook a little bit and it's pretty easy.

I'm a bit of a nutrition guy so you know its all your personal decision but I'd stay away from things like Ramen, Hot Pockets and quick fix foods because they won't satisfy you and you'll end up eating like crap.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, check the coupon flyers that small local stores as well as larger chains like Wal-mart and Kroger put out. You can save a boat load of money by planning your meals according to the coupon sales.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Budget wise, I find the easiest thing to do is set out the amount of money you want to spend every week, take that out in cash and then when it runs out do not take anymore out.

It will only take 2-3 weeks of running out and scrambling around for food before you learn how to make it last the whole week.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote