Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Finance as a major sucks. At least here. It is just the people who weren't smart enough to get into accounting.
That's absolutely laughable and not remotely true. My brother will be a freshman at Wharton next year, and possibly a finance major. He got an 'A' in accounting at Johns Hopkins as a junior in high school...
Old 05-07-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
That's absolutely laughable and not remotely true. My brother will be a freshman at Wharton next year, and possibly a finance major. He got an 'A' in accounting at Johns Hopkins as a junior in high school...
So you are saying that he got a A in one accounting class at a college known for its med school? Very impressive indeed.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So you are saying that he got a A in one accounting class at a college known for its med school? Very impressive indeed.
It's known for more than that, but an 'A' in a class taught by one of the best professors in the country is no joke...
Old 05-07-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
You got a cure for this swine flu thing yet?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
You got a cure for this swine flu thing yet?
Sure I have something that'll kill the swine flu... As long as you don't mind killing the host.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
If they choose Finance as a major they're likely people who enjoy making scrilla.If they're good at what they do they may be laughing at you in the near future.
Funny you should say that because the job I'm likely to take in the Fall pays about as much as they'll be making ;). Hooray suburb schools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's a hard working job with long hours and you don't even get paid accordingly. Most CPA's make in the 40's-mid 60's, so it's not like they're raking.
That's very false. My father has a CPA and makes a ton of cash. Also, the kids leaving Mays Business school with an Accounting degree get awesome jobs.

Petroleum Engineering is where the big bucks are. We have the best school for that and my friend already got a job offer paying him like 90k.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 05-07-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's known for more than that, but an 'A' in a class taught by one of the best professors in the country is no joke...
Regardless, its one A in one class and thats it...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
He got into Wharton. 2360 on the SATs. 35 on the ACTs.

...?
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
You lay the caulk? We all know that but what do you do for a living?
LOL. Laying the caulk is all I do.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
LOL. Laying the caulk is all I do.
All I do is lay the caulk. I don't give a SH*T!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wharton is like the best buisness school in the US. My roommate wont shut up about it.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
He got into Wharton. 2360 on the SATs. 35 on the ACTs.

...?
But was he hungover for the SAT and high for the ACT? :D
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the things I'm interested in studying:

Political Science
Macro Economics
English
Creative Writing
Journalism
Communications
Philosophy
Public Relations

Next year, I'm going to UT (Tennessee). If they had a creative writing major, I might do that, but they only offer that as a minor. So, what's good to major in if I'm looking to go into Journalism or Public Relations as a career, and write fiction on the side? Any advice would be appreciated.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The world needs more economists, I mean Neo-Keynesianism has become mainstream, that's just ****** up.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
The world needs more economists, I mean Neo-Keynesianism has become mainstream, that's just ****** up.
The world needs more economists who study economics from the complex system perspective instead of the static neo-classical method. It needs more of the latter like it needs a nuclear holocaust.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 05-07-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Wharton is like the best buisness school in the US. My roommate wont shut up about it.
It's the best bschool in the world. It's comparable to getting into Harvard.

Quote:
But was he hungover for the SAT and high for the ACT? :D
No. He's not like that at all.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Here are the things I'm interested in studying:

Political Science
Macro Economics
English
Creative Writing
Journalism
Communications
Philosophy
Public Relations

Next year, I'm going to UT (Tennessee). If they had a creative writing major, I might do that, but they only offer that as a minor. So, what's good to major in if I'm looking to go into Journalism or Public Relations as a career, and write fiction on the side? Any advice would be appreciated.
Philosophy and creative writing are pretty much worthless as a sole major. Journalism jobs are dwindling. Poli sci is a major where you should go to law school after. Econ, PR and comm are all fine majors.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Not a Paul Krugman fan are you?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Funny you should say that because the job I'm likely to take in the Fall pays about as much as they'll be making ;). Hooray suburb schools!
In the long run? A teacher ain't going to make squat compared to someone who is good with finance. I also am likely going to be a teacher.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to sum up this thread:
Damix>you
Hawk lays caulk (it rhymes, I had a blast with that)
broth created the swine flu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The world needs more historians. The Da Vinci code has become accepted as factual. AH that makes my head want to explode!!!

Put me in a room with Dan Brown literature and the history channel, I'll kill myself. I can't even imagine what it's like being educated like BF51. Everything must appear false.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Not a Paul Krugman fan are you?
You know, Krugman is sort of an enigma for me, he's not an idiot and sometimes he almost understands, but then he doesn't which leads him to dangerous conclusions and make him painful to read. Sometimes he's not bad but in general I am definitely not a krugman fan. Then again I loathe Bernanke, geithner, greenspan and almost all mainstream economists because of their dogmatic adherence to courses of action who's negative ramifications should be blatant so Krugman's probably one of my least hated mainstream economists despite my absolute disgust with keynesianism/neo-keynesianism.

Quote:
No. He's not like that at all.
well his scores aren't that impressive then.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
The world needs more historians. The Da Vinci code has become accepted as factual. AH that makes my head want to explode!!!

Put me in a room with Dan Brown literature and the history channel, I'll kill myself. I can't even imagine what it's like being educated like BF51. Everything must appear false.
My issue with historians is the statist/interventionist bias that's just permits most of the what I've read, be it text books or articles, that bias there and strong. Not to turn this into a political discussion but FDR and Lincoln are great examples of people who are almost canonized in much of what I've read yet personally I find severe fault in the actions of both that is utterly ignored all too often.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My issue with historians is the statist/interventionist bias that's just permits most of the what I've read, be it text books or articles, that bias there and strong. Not to turn this into a political discussion but FDR and Lincoln are great examples of people who are almost canonized in much of what I've read yet personally I find severe fault in the actions of both that is utterly ignored all too often.
You need to look harder for more unbiased stuff. It's out there.

they get smoked.