Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just finished my second year of college
double majoring in Anthropology & Educational Studies

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
I know, it's just never been my specialization and everytime I've tried I've been stuck with either the statist/interventionist bias or people being way too far on the otherside of the spectrum. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a lot of history, but it's not something I can recommend a man with a clear conscience. I have to many friend who have useless history degrees.
I know a guy who majored in Hawaiian History.... he now lives on the beach.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Philosophy and creative writing are pretty much worthless as a sole major. Journalism jobs are dwindling. Poli sci is a major where you should go to law school after. Econ, PR and comm are all fine majors.
I had always wanted to do Journalism but the job market has really gone downhill in recent years so now I just don't know. What can I do if I major in Economics? I like economics but what kind of job does that lead to?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I like economics but what kind of job does that lead to?
Working for a company doing god-knows-what, anything from analysis to low level accounting. If you really love writing, major in English.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I have no idea what I will do as a profession. Unless I can get a dream job, I'm thinking medical. I have a lot of friends who are going into medical, and UAB is the best med school in the southeast.

Probably free tuition (at least) at Bama, Auburn, or UAB. But I need to figure out what I'm doing.

I'm a highschool junior.

Uhhhh, try Duke, UNC, Vandy, and Emory as the best in the Southeast.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a degree in history and work for an investment firm. It's not about what degree you get, it's about knowing someone and getting your foot in the door
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 05-08-2009 at 02:34 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half the time it's about showing you have the intelligence to actually get a good degree rather than the subject, as I mentioned, my degree is in Maths, but my job has nothing to do with what I was taught at University.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Uhhhh, try Duke, UNC, Vandy, and Emory as the best in the Southeast.
Quote:
That would be Duke and Vanderbilt.
I should have said public schools. And UAB is there with UNC in medical. This site has UAB at 29 and UNC at 19, still up there. North Carolina isn't in the southeast, anyways. Maybe geographically, but it's not really considered SE by most.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ankings/page+2

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 05-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I should have said public schools. And UAB is there with UNC in medical. This site has UAB at 29 and UNC at 19, still up there.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ankings/page+2
While 29 is a great ranking, when it comes to specialized graduate schools (Law, MBA, Med) the difference between 19 and 29 is pretty large. But, if you got into a #29 Med School, definitely congrats, better than I could ever imagine.

Currently in the process of applying to MBA programs myself. Looking at the following:

-Stanfard (pipe dream, we shall see)
-Duke
-Virginia
-Northwestern
-UChicago
-Notre Dame
-Columbia

-Wisconsin
-Minnesota

Pray for me fellas, starting to fill out the apps when they come out in July.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Working for a company doing god-knows-what, anything from analysis to low level accounting. If you really love writing, major in English.
Yeah, writing is my passion, and English is so diverse, I'm giving that serious consideration.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Yeah, writing is my passion, and English is so diverse, I'm giving that serious consideration.
If you enjoy living out of a box, do it.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While 29 is a great ranking, when it comes to specialized graduate schools (Law, MBA, Med) the difference between 19 and 29 is pretty large. But, if you got into a #29 Med School, definitely congrats, better than I could ever imagine.

Currently in the process of applying to MBA programs myself. Looking at the following:

-Duke
-Virginia
-Northwestern
-UChicago
-Notre Dame
-Columbia

-Wisconsin
-Minnesota

Yay Gophers! **** Columbia, you'll get twice the education at Stern, plus maybe you'll have some classes with me. Although I'm younger than you I imagine

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Duke
-Virginia
-Northwestern
-UChicago
-Notre Dame
-Columbia

-Wisconsin
-Minnesota

Why aren't you applying to the Haas school at Berkeley?
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Yay Gophers! **** Columbia, you'll get twice the education at Stern, plus maybe you'll have some classes with me. Although I'm younger than you I imagine
Maybe he doesnt want to be surrounded by Asians? :P
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe he doesnt want to be surrounded by Asians? :P
there are plenty of asians at Temple
Old 05-08-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
there are plenty of asians at Temple
? I never said there wasn't...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you enjoy living out of a box, do it.
Don't listen to this fool! I will certainly not be living in a box.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I have a degree in history and work for an investment firm. It's not about what degree you get, it's about knowing someone and getting your foot in the door
Thats true to a point, but it also helps if you know what you are doing and that degree gives you that opportunity. The one exception to your statement is being a doctor. I would hope you wouldnt see an econ major being a surgeon.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm technically in school for journalism and political science. In reality, I'm just looking for a rich ***** to marry.
In the summers I work at a country club waiting on ridiculously rich people such as Al Gore, Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, butt-loads of other country musicians, politicians, Phillip Rivers. It blows ass.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't listen to this fool! I will certainly not be living in a box.
Metsox's Summer home

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Al Gore, Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, butt-loads of other country musicians, politicians, Phillip Rivers.
Meeting Al Gore would be awesome. The rest are probably awful.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm technically in school for journalism and political science. In reality, I'm just looking for a rich ***** to marry.
we have the same plan!

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know a guy who majored in Hawaiian History.... he now lives on the beach.
I saw something on the history channel last night about the unification of Hawaii. It was really interesting.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meeting Al Gore would be awesome. The rest are probably awful.
Thanks for the interwebz, Al.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Metsox's Summer home

Dude, that's totally bitchin! I'd crash at his place.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote