Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Probably Madden. lol.
Is he not a ROLB? Nobody can spell his name right either.

Keith Bulluck will not stand for this! Harumph! Harumph he says!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

In Madden I believe ROLB = WLB and LOLB = SLB.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well for most teams ROLB is WLB, so that just may be it.

Edit: Coordiator0 beat me to it.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my afc north all stars

QB-Ben Roethlisberger
RB-Willie Parker
FB-Le'Ron McClain
WR-Chad Ochocinco
WR-Hines Ward
TE-Heath Miller....I mean Steve Heiden :p
T-Joe Thomas
G-Eric Steinbach
C-Matt Birk
G-Ben Grubbs
T-Jared Gaither

DE-Aaron Smith
NT-Shaun Rogers
DE-Haloti Ngata
OLB-James Harrison
ILB-James Farrior
ILB-Ray Lewis
OLB-Terrell Suggs
CB-Leon Hall
CB-Ike Taylor
FS-Ed Reed
SS-Troy Polamalu

Great front 7 division, terrible CB division.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
In Madden I believe ROLB = WLB and LOLB = SLB.
I thought it was the other way around. Right Outside Linebacker is behind the Right Defensive End, and Left Outside Linebacker is behind the Left Defensive End.

Ugh, I gotta check Madden...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
i wouldnt put shaffer on there, he isnt even going to start without a competition. as of now the Bears have LT Pace and RT Williams
I totally forgot about Williams. I just figured that Shaffer was better than Cherilus, Cook, and whoever the Packers RT will be.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC South

QB - Drew Brees (Saints)
RB - Michael Turner (Falcons)
FB - Ovie Mughelli (Falcons)
WR - Steve Smith (Panthers)
WR - Roddy White (Falcons)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (Falcons)
LT: Jordan Gross (Panthers)
LG: Davin Joseph (Bucs)
C: Jeff Faine (Bucs)
RG: Jahri Evans (Saints)
RT: Jeff Otah (Panthers)

DE: Julius Peppers (Panthers)
DT: Jonathan Babineaux (Falcons)
DT: Sedrick Ellis (Saints)
DE: John Abraham (Falcons)
LB: Barrett Ruud (Bucs)
LB: Jonathan Vilma (Saints)
LB: Jon Beason (Panthers)
CB: Chris Gamble (Panthers)
CB: Richard Marshall (Panthers)
FS: Tanard Jackson (Bucs)
SS: Chris Harris (Panthers)

This would make 8 Panthers, 6 Falcons, 4 Bucs, and 4 Saints.

Last edited by Draft King : 05-09-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I agree with the 2 NFC East lists pretty much except I'd put Madison Hedgecock in as the FB.
Its close, I like Hedgecock a lot as a FB (someone will go there, I just know it), but i say it is a 3 way race between him, Sellers, and Weaver. Eagles bias aside, Weaver gets it for me, he is one of the most underrated signings of Free Agency. He can do everything, everything, and at an elite level. Ask the Seahawks fans about him, they'll tell you. I've seen him play a lot and when I hear the Eagles signed him i was beyond excited, since he is our first real FB since Jon Ritchie. Weaver coould easily go to the Pro Bowl this year and be lsited as the All-Pro, IMO, he is that good.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
QB - Tom Brady (Patriots)
RB - Marshawn Lynch :) (Bills)
RB - Thomas Jones (Jets)
WR - Randy Moss (Patriots)
WR - Terrell Owens (Bills)
WR - Wes Welker (Patriots)
TE - Dustin Keller (Jets)
LT - Jake Long (Dolphins)
LG - Logan Mankins (Patriots)
C - Nick Mangold (Jets)
RG - Stephen Neal (Patriots)
RT - Vernon Carey (Dolphins)

Defense: 3-4, considering 3 of the 4 teams employ it. I wish all 4 would, however

LE - Ty Warren (Patriots)
DT - Vince Wilfork (Patriots) Kris Jenkins (Jets) It's a tossup IMO
RE - Richard Seymour (Patriots)
LOLB - Joey Porter (Dolphins)
ILB - Jerod Mayo (Patriots)
ILB - David Harris (Jets)
ROLB - Adalius Thomas (Patriots)
CB - Terrence McGee (Bills)
CB - Darrelle Revis (Jets)
SS - Donte Whitner (Bills)... AFC East is weak at SS
FS - Kerry Rhodes (Jets)

K - Stephen Gostkowski (Patriots)
P - Brian Moorman (Bills)
KR - Leon Washington (Jets)
PR - Roscoe Parrish (Bills) ;)
I would say Lee or Welker depending on how your doing this. If you are building a team, Welker in the slot is money. If you are saying who is the most talented, it Lee Evans imo.

TE sucks in the east.....I guess its Keller?

The OL seems right to me.

I think Wilfork is the NT if you are making a team bc he plays with both Warren and Seymour who are both slam dunks imo.

Cant argue with the LB choices.

Secondary looks right......if you have McGee at #1 over Revis tho your crazy.

K and P is what I would have. AFC East is LOADED with return talent btw. God, between Leon, Revis, McKelvin, Parrish, McGee, Ginn there are some absolutely NASTY return men.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would say Lee or Welker depending on how your doing this. If you are building a team, Welker in the slot is money. If you are saying who is the most talented, it Lee Evans imo.

I think Wilfork is the NT if you are making a team bc he plays with both Warren and Seymour who are both slam dunks imo.

Secondary looks right......if you have McGee at #1 over Revis tho your crazy.

I went with Welker just because he's the best slot-receiver in the NFL.
I'd have T.O./Moss on the outside with Welker in the slot.

Good point about Wilfork

And McGee came to mind first for CB so I put his name down first. Revis is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the AFC North on the whole. But ive gotta say...Willis McGahee>Willie Parker.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I agree with the AFC North on the whole. But ive gotta say...Willis McGahee>Willie Parker.
Willie has done a heckuva lot more in this league than Willis. In terms of bankable accomplishments, "Ohmygod did you SEE that knee injury" is still probably at the top of McGahee's list, whereas Willie has actually built himself a pretty shiny resume.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Willie has done a heckuva lot more in this league than Willis. In terms of bankable accomplishments, "Ohmygod did you SEE that knee injury" is still probably at the top of McGahee's list, whereas Willie has actually built himself a pretty shiny resume.
True true. I like Willie allot, and he's done allot for the Steelers. I just think he's kind of run out of steam the last season and a half.

I hope he proves me wrong :p
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North has an epic pair of S's lol.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Bryant>White. White will probably outproduce him this year though.

Gonzalez>Winslow but Winslow will probably outproduce him.

Blalock and McClure? I lol'd.

Gaines Adams is gonna blow up this year. Abraham is beginning his decline. I think Adams will prove the better player this year.

Phillips is the best SS in the division if he moves back there. Right now he's being tried out at LB.
We have had the Bryant and White debate. We will just agree to disagree.

Winslow outproducing Gonzalez may be a push; he could be relied on as a safety valve more often for the inexperienced Bucs QBs.

I don't understand whats to lol about McClure, especially over Faine. Jeff Faine was impressive in allowing 2.0 sacks and being penalized twice (2 holding calls), but McClure allowed 0.0 sacks and was penalized twice (0 holding calls) while being center for the team that was 2nd in rushing and allowed 17 sacks.

As for Blalock...I would change that to Jahri Evans (I forgot about him). Sears and Blalock could be a push though. Blalock was penalized 8 times and allowed 3 sacks while Sears was penalized 6 times and allowed 4.5 sacks. I can see why you would prefer Sears though.

I am not really sure what prompted you to say that Abraham is beginning his decline. Sure, he just had his 31st birthday, but regardless, he is still coming off of a career year. Estimating production out of Abraham is difficult, but in the past 2 seasons, he has started 32/32 games and has registered 26.5 sacks. This is not to say that Adams won't outproduce him though; I like Adams skill set and its only a matter of time before he puts it all together.

Phillips has always been an underrated player in my mind (he does a good job against the Falcons), but how is he the best SS in the division when he isn't even going to stay SS and another SS in the division has racked up 166 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 10 forced fumbles over the course of the last 2 years? Chris Harris is a beast.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the NFC West Justin Smith> Chris Long at this point.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
NFC South

QB - Drew Brees (Saints)

The NFC South's DT's are terrible.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
AFC South

QB - Peyton Manning - Colts
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew - Jaguars
FB - Greg Jones - Jaguars
WR - Andre Johnson - Texans
WR - Reggie Wayne - Colts
TE - Dallas Clark - Colts
LT - Michael Roos - Titans
LG - Vince Manuwai - Jaguars
C - Kevin Mawae - Titans
RG - Jake Scott - Titans
RT - David Stewart - Titans

LE - Mario Williams - Texans
DT - John Henderson - Jaguars
DT - Tony Brown - Titans
RE - Dwight Freeney - Colts
WLB - David Thornton - Titans
MLB - DeMeco Ryans - Texans
SLB - Keith Bullock - Titans
CB - Cortland Finnegan - Titans
CB - Rashean Mathis - Jaguars
FS - Michael Griffin - Titans
SS - Bob Sanders - Colts
I approve this one.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The NFC South's DT's are terrible.
Got nothing on the AFC west...the whole front four is terrible.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought it was the other way around. Right Outside Linebacker is behind the Right Defensive End, and Left Outside Linebacker is behind the Left Defensive End.

Ugh, I gotta check Madden...
Exactley, and RDE are usually the Weakwide DE and LDE are the Strongwide DE and therefore ROLB=WLB and LOLB=SLB

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

NFC East
QB - Eli Manning/Donovan McNabb (I'd take eli over donovan, but that's probably because McNabb is always able to find a way to blow it in the playoffs while eli has proven himself to be one of the clutchest QBs in the league)
RB - Westy/Portis/Jacobs (had to go with that trio, westy's the best weapon, Portis the best all around back and Jacobs the most punishing runner/goal line back)
FB - Madison Hedgecock
WR - Roy Williams, Santana Moss and Desean Jackson (although I expect this list to change by next season with Thomas, Maclin, Nicks and Barden making an impact)
TE - Jason Witten
LT - David Diehl (wow does the east suck at LT, Samuels injuries have made him less of a player, Flozell is pretty much done and Peters just had one of the worst seasons I've ever scene from a tackle, and having been in buffalo that whole time I watched every painful whiff)
LG - Leonard Davis (him and Snee are the top two guards in teh east and both play RG so one of them will have to move to LG for this team)
C - O'Hara (I go with the smart vet over the bigger and stronger Gurode and Jackson because he's so huge to our oline consistency with his calls and smarts)
RG - Snee
RT - Shawn Andrews (only until Beatty pushes Diehl to RT though :p )

DE - Justin Tuck/Trent Cole
DT - Albert Haynesworth
DT - Jay Ratliff/Bunkley/Robbens (all three are coming off great seasons)
DE - Osi Umenyiora

OLB - DeMarcus Ware
MLB - London Fletcher (because AP got fat and Stewart wasn't as impressive was expected last year)
OLB - Michael Boley (didn't think Gaither/Jordan of the iggles were good enough although they're young, Rocky's been too mediocre despite his tools and none of the cowboys LBs outside of Ware and James fit a 4-3)

CB - Corey Webster
CB - Shelden Brown
CB - Carlos Rogers/Terrance Newman/Asante Samuel (Newman can't stay healthy, Rogers' ball skills are on par with Will Allen's and he isn't better than Brown and Webster in coverage, against the run or at jamming to make up for it, Asante is a playmaker who isn't on the other guys' level as a cover corner)
S - Laron Landry
S - Quentin Mickell (although by next year Kenny Phillips will have a legit case.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
We have had the Bryant and White debate. We will just agree to disagree.

Winslow outproducing Gonzalez may be a push; he could be relied on as a safety valve more often for the inexperienced Bucs QBs.

I don't understand whats to lol about McClure, especially over Faine. Jeff Faine was impressive in allowing 2.0 sacks and being penalized twice (2 holding calls), but McClure allowed 0.0 sacks and was penalized twice (0 holding calls) while being center for the team that was 2nd in rushing and allowed 17 sacks.

As for Blalock...I would change that to Jahri Evans (I forgot about him). Sears and Blalock could be a push though. Blalock was penalized 8 times and allowed 3 sacks while Sears was penalized 6 times and allowed 4.5 sacks. I can see why you would prefer Sears though.

I am not really sure what prompted you to say that Abraham is beginning his decline. Sure, he just had his 31st birthday, but regardless, he is still coming off of a career year. Estimating production out of Abraham is difficult, but in the past 2 seasons, he has started 32/32 games and has registered 26.5 sacks. This is not to say that Adams won't outproduce him though; I like Adams skill set and its only a matter of time before he puts it all together.

Phillips has always been an underrated player in my mind (he does a good job against the Falcons), but how is he the best SS in the division when he isn't even going to stay SS and another SS in the division has racked up 166 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 10 forced fumbles over the course of the last 2 years? Chris Harris is a beast.
I don't like to go off stats for OLine. I've never seen anyone put McClure ahead of Faine so it was a bit of a shock to me. If you really think he's that great...then fine, because Faine is a bit overrated.

I've said this before, but I'm surprised that Sears has 4.5 sacks to his name. I haven't seen him give up a sack since his rookie year when he made the occasional mental error. He's powerful in the run game and effective pulling to the outside. He's helped open a lot of holes to the right outside (if only we had an explosive back last year). I feel pretty strongly that Sears is the best G in the division, but there are other good options so I don't expect everyone to agree.

Abraham is a great pass rusher, but 31 is usually when defensive linemen begin their decline. As long as he's healthy he'll rack up a lot of sacks. Adams should flourish under Bates in his 3rd year. He's also a complete player that helps the defense beyond the stat sheet. Abraham is more of a pure pass rusher. Still, it's just a projection for next year. We're ****** if Adams doesn't get double digit sacks.

Phillips was one of the biggest reasons for our success/decline last year. He steps up in the box and makes a lot of impact tackles for us to keep teams in 2nd/3rd and long. He does a good job in deep coverage as well. When he got hurt our run D suffered. Where he ranks depends on how you view the situation. Phillips is somewhat injury prone and probably doesn't fit as well in the new scheme (hence the LB tryout). Being an optimistic Phillips fan, I think he'll move back to SS, start for us and continue to play well. It's also very possible that Phillips starts at LB for us, making this a moot point. Again, it's all a matter of perspective.

Not a fan of any of those Panthers DBs. We torched them with Jeff Garcia throwing to 1 WR. They all looked lost.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC South

QB - Jake Delhomme (Panther)
RB - DeAngelo Williams (Panther)
FB - Brad Hoover (Panther)
WR - Steve Smith (Panther)
WR - Mushin Muhummad (Panther)
TE - Jeff King (Panther)
LT - Jordan Gross (Panther)
LG - Travelle Wharton (Panther)
C - Ryan Kalil (Panther)
RG - Keydrick Vincent (Panther)
RT - Jeff Otah (Panther)

DE: Julius Peppers (Panther)
DT: Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Panther)
DT: Damoine Lewis (Panther)
DE: Tyler Brayton (Panther)
SLB: Nail Diggs (Panther)
MLB: Jon Beason (Panther)
WLB: Thomas Davis (Panther)
CB: Chris Gamble (Panther)
CB: Richard Marshall (Panther)
FS: Charles Godfrey (Panther)
SS: Chris Harris (Panther)

Just Kidding :p

Last edited by BlindSite : 05-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
NFC South

QB - Drew Brees (Saints)

This is probably the best team as a whole. Beason at WLB and Vilma at MLB with Ruud playing SLB.

I think it might just be a push as far as who is better between Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks. Actually, I'd replace Jahri Evans with Davin Joseph and insert Carl Nicks at LG.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC South

QB: Peyton Manning (Colts)
RB: Chris Johnson (Titans)
WR: Andre Johnson (Texans)
WR: Reggie Wayne (Colts)
TE: Dallas Clark (Colts)
TE: Owen Daniels (Texans)
LT: Michael Roos (Titans)
LG: Vince Manuwai (Jaguars)
C: Jeff Saturday (Colts)
RG: Jake Scott (Titans)
RT: David Stewart (Titans)

If I were to pick a FB, it would be Greg Jones, and my 3rd WR would be Torry Holt, but Peyton Manning operates best in a 2 TE set, and I feel the 2 TE set in this case puts the most offensive talent on the field for the AFC South. Some positions I think could change by season's end: RB, LT, LG, C

RE: Dwight Freeney (Colts)
UT: Amobi Okoye (Texans) (the AFC South is weak and/or unproven here)
NT: John Henderson (Jaguars)
LE: Mario Williams (Texans)
WLB: David Thornton (Titans)
MLB: DeMeco Ryans (Texans)
SLB: Keith Bulluck (Titans)
CB: Cortland Finnegan (Titans)
CB: Kelvin Hayden (Colts)
FS: Michael Griffin (Titans)
SS: Bob Sanders (Colts)

Positions I think could change by season's end: UT, WLB, SLB, CB

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote