Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: AFC North vs. AFC South: Who Would Win In A Head-to-Head Matchup
AFC North 57 53.27%
AFC South 50 46.73%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Aaron Smith/Shaun Rodgers/Haloti Ngata would eat that O-line alive. You can say well when they played this team they did this or did that because having those 3 guys at one time would be totally different than having one at a time. I don't think that o-line could handle it.
What you're saying is bogus. The Titans OL more than held their own against Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton, but because it's Shaun Rogers and not Hampton, they'll get handled. There's a flaw in what you're saying because the Steelers and Ravens DL had good players outside of Smith and Ngata. Yes, on paper, Smith/Rogers/Ngata are better, but it's not as if the Titans could focus on Aaron Smith in their game - they had to block Casey Hampton too. Same with Baltimore - Ngata and Pryce are no slouch. Not to mention, the Baltimore and Pittsburgh DEF's were the two best in the NFL and were blitz happy, yet they were able to keep Collins clean.

Plus, Vince Manuwai is an upgrade over Eugene Amano. Leroy Harris was able to predominantly block Ngata 1-on-1 in the Playoff game, and he's Mawae's backup. And lets not forget about the benefits of having Peyton Manning making line calls and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly if need be.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Best Division All Pro Team game has basically turned into a homer fest where all the fans of a division vote for their divisions team so I will follow suit :)

I obviously voted for the AFC North, that front 7 is absolutely filthy, I don't care how much Titans fans keep lobbying about how their line handled us or how their line handled the Steelers, their line didn't handle that front 7, and I don't think many offensive lines could. Add in the fact that you have the sickest safety duo of all time Ooooh weeee!

The AFC North's offense may not be very "sexy" but that is an offense that could competently manage the clock in an efficient manner over the course of a game dominated by defense. This team is basically the super human version of the team that won the super bowl.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That front 7 for the North is scary.
Plus, they have the two best safeties in the game.

I voted for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
The fact you just said Sanders is on the same level as Polamalu makes the rest of your post unnoticeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Plus, they have the two best safeties in the game.
Do people really think Polamalu is better than Sanders? And if so, do you really think they're not even "on the same level"? I mean, assuming Bob is healthy, which for this scenario he would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I would also say the AFCN offensive line also matches up extremely well with the AFCS defensive line. Joe Thomas and Jared Gaither blocking on the outside is beastly.
I'd have to say Gaither lined up against either Mario Williams or Dwight Freeney one on one would be a match up heavily favoring the AFC South.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post

I'd have to say Gaither lined up against either Mario Williams or Dwight Freeney one on one would be a match up heavily favoring the AFC South.
You mean the same Gaither that did not allow Mario Williams to get a sack this past year when the Texans played the Ravens? The same Gaither that did not allow Mario Williams to get a sack in College when his UMD played NC State?
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do people really think Polamalu is better than Sanders? And if so, do you really think they're not even "on the same level"? I mean, assuming Bob is healthy, which for this scenario he would be.

Gaither shut Mario down in College, and did the same when the Ravens and Texans played, add that to the fact that he only allowed what 3 sacks all last season, don't think it is as favorable as you think it is.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
You mean the same Gaither that did not allow Mario Williams to get a sack this past year when the Texans played the Ravens? The same Gaither that did not allow Mario Williams to get a sack in College when his UMD played NC State?
Ah you beat me to it....
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Just because he didn't allow a sack doesn't mean it necessarily favors him.

Ryan Diem, the Colts RT, only allowed 1.5 sacks last year. He started all 16 games and gave up the lowest amount of sacks per game for a RT last year. And none of his sacks came against anyone on that AFC North roster, does that mean he's going to shut them down?

I would doubt it. Heck, he wasn't even put on the AFC South's roster.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just because he didn't allow a sack doesn't mean it necessarily favors him.

Ryan Diem, the Colts RT, only allowed 1.5 sacks last year. He started all 16 games and gave up the lowest amount of sacks per game for a RT last year. And none of his sacks came against anyone on that AFC North roster, does that mean he's going to shut them down?

I would doubt it. Heck, he wasn't even put on the AFC South's roster.
Ok well, Gaither made it so Mario Williams wasn't a game changer, pass rush or other wise, in a game where McGahee rushed for his season high and the Ravens blew out the Texans, how did that match up not favor him?

I also want to make it clear I am not trying to write off Mario Williams, he is one of my favorite players in the league, just pointing out Gaither has always performed well when matched up against him.

Last edited by ccB : 05-14-2009 at 11:37 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with CCB, Gaithers is probably the single most gifted athlete in the NFL. It is ridiculous that that massive man can move as well as he does WHILE being as strong as he is.....AND that they got him in the 5th round.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Ill make my case and say the titans O- line handled the Ravens and the Steelers when they played- nobody is going to be touching Peyton.
Not to mention Peyton did really well against both defenses without the help of a running game. Manning's combined line vs. Baltimore and Pittsburgh last season: 40-68 511 yards 7.5 YPA 6 TDs 0 INTs. That was without the help of Andre Johnson (Top 5 NFL WR) and an OL that can run block as well as pass block. I'm sure his numbers against those same players would only get better with more talent around him.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I also want to make it clear I am not trying to write off Mario Williams, he is one of my favorite players in the league, just pointing out Gaither has always performed well when matched up against him.
Fine, match Freeney up against him, Freeney's better suited to play RE anyway, and Mario is MUCH better suited for LE.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFCN defense is probably the best any division can put together. The front 7 is dominating, and the dbacks are great as well. Team has so damn good offense, but not as much as the South.

I think the North wins this by putting pressure on Manning and forcing him to make mistakes.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

Okay, well here are some interesting stats. Based on the data in this thread http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33694 on sacks allowed.....

The AFC South O-linemen only allowed 3.5 sacks all year combined, only 1 game was not started by any of the linemen and that was 1 game by Kevin Mawae. (Charlie Johnson was substituted for Vince Manuwai as he was injured all last year).

The AFC North O-linemen allowed 19 sacks all year combined, and 3 games were not started by the selected O-linemen.

The AFC South front 7 combined for 30.5 sacks.

The AFC North front 7 combined for 42 sacks.

So basicly if we're just using stats of who allowed sacks and who produced sacks, it looks like the O-line vs. front 7 arguement favors the AFC South.

Of course there are lots of variables, such as competition, the QB's ability to avoid pressure/quick release, and the amount of times the team actually attempts a pass.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think AFC South would win.

Big Ben tends to hold on to the ball too long, which is NOT a good idea when you have Dwight Freeney and Mario Williams going after you.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams are too even, so I went with the better quarterback
Old 05-14-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You mustn't have watched Gaither play that much, he is a beast at LT, he would be a great matchup against Mario (in terms of evenly matched), and would handle Freeney easily, he has the feet to neutralize Freeney pass rush, and the mauling run blocking to make him a non factor in the run game.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when the Ravens faced Houston. Mario Williams only had 4 tackles. 0 sacks, he wouldnt dominate Gaither
Old 05-14-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
when the Ravens faced Houston. Mario Williams only had 4 tackles. 0 sacks, he wouldnt dominate Gaither
Agreed, I think it'd be a great matchup, two physical freaks at their position who are very good players as well.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Fine, match Freeney up against him, Freeney's better suited to play RE anyway, and Mario is MUCH better suited for LE.
lol, Gaither is slotted at the RT spot and Joe Thomas at the LT in this fantasy team. That would still be putting Gaither up against Williams.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
This Best Division All Pro Team game has basically turned into a homer fest where all the fans of a division vote for their divisions team so I will follow suit :)
Lol, these threads are awesome! They're the only threads where homerism should be a prerequisite. Check your objectivity at the door my friend. These are the only threads where your division rivals become your allies. Rival players are no longer the over-rated garbage you thought they were, but are now the best players to ever play the position who totally earned that Pro Bowl, now that you think about it. These threads are why we American football!

Quote:
The AFC North's offense may not be very "sexy" but that is an offense that could competently manage the clock in an efficient manner over the course of a game dominated by defense. This team is basically the super human version of the team that won the super bowl.
I think of it as if the 2000 Ravens and the 2007 Patriots faced off. Except bolsters the offense of the Ravens and defense of the Patriots. It'd be crazy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Lol, these threads are awesome! They're the only threads where homerism should be a prerequisite. Check your objectivity at the door my friend. These are the only threads where your division rivals become your allies. Rival players are no longer the over-rated garbage you thought they were, but are now the best players to ever play the position who totally earned that Pro Bowl, now that you think about it. These threads are why we American football!

I think of it as if the 2000 Ravens and the 2007 Patriots faced off. Except bolsters the offense of the Ravens and defense of the Patriots. It'd be crazy.
I disagree in the fact that they could manage the clock, the north's front 7 is built to stop the run, and that is what the main factor in controlling the clock is.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I disagree in the fact that they could manage the clock, the north's front 7 is built to stop the run, and that is what the main factor in controlling the clock is.
Nobody said anything about the AFC South wanting to manage the clock. That was the AFC North offense, which Charm City Byrdgang said would try to do in order to compliment their defense.

The AFC South's offense will have the ability to throw the ball on that defense. Ike Taylor can't cover Andre Johnson 1-on-1, and Leon Hall can't cover Reggie Wayne 1-on-1. They'll need safety help, which will keep Reed and Polamalu out of the box, and will have to play zone, which Manning can carve up. That'd free up Dallas Clark and Owen Daniels to be covered by the LB's, all while the DEF has to account for homerun threats like Chris Johnson, MJD, and Slaton in the backfield.

The AFCN Defense is frightening, but the AFCS Offense is every bit the equal.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Nobody said anything about the AFC South wanting to manage the clock. That was the AFC North offense, which Charm City Byrdgang said would try to do in order to compliment their defense.

The AFC South's offense will have the ability to throw the ball on that defense. Ike Taylor can't cover Andre Johnson 1-on-1, and Leon Hall can't cover Reggie Wayne 1-on-1. They'll need safety help, which will keep Reed and Polamalu out of the box, and will have to play zone, which Manning can carve up. That'd free up Dallas Clark and Owen Daniels to be covered by the LB's, all while the DEF has to account for homerun threats like Chris Johnson, MJD, and Slaton in the backfield.

The AFCN Defense is frightening, but the AFCS Offense is every bit the equal.
Oh ****...my reading abilities, FTL...

At the skill postions the AFC South is great, just as good, if not slgihtly better than the AFC North's, but time has proven that games are won in the trenches, and with the weapons the North has to stuff the run and sack the passer, that is where the north has the edge, and that is why I think the AFC North's offense has the edge.

Reed can cover an insane amount of ground, and though I agree the WR/CB matchups favor the south, the talent at S compensates for that. Both Polamalu and Reed are rangy, especially Reed. But with that front 7, you don't need either S up in the box (Reed isn't that type of player, anyway) as that front 7 is incredible, and it outmatches the AFC South's OL IMO.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 05-14-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to me, the more i look at this, i see this matchup as a beefed up version of the superbowl. The AFC north team looks like the steelers style of ball with a tough defense and an offense that can get the job done. The fact that Big Ben is our QB, gives the team a chance. The AFC south features an explosive passing attack, similar to one that the Arizona Cardinals featured.

i am really torn, and the only reason i voted afc north was the homerism in me, but i really dont know. If the North's corners were stronger, i would no doubt go with the north

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote