Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-08-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rams sign Randy McMichael?

According to roto:

Quote:
Rams agreed to terms with TE Randy McMichael on an undisclosed contract.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted this in the thread in the NFL forum, but I'll repeat it here:

I have mixed feelings about this signing. On one hand, the Rams are adding a talented player at a position that Scott Linehan has a history of using quite a bit in previous jobs as an offensive coordinator. McMichael should start over Klopfenstein but I anticipate a continued use of two tight end sets. On the other hand, the timing of this is strange. Dominique Byrd just recently had another run in with the law, and it's not as if the Rams are making a statement about not tolerating off the field issues by signing McMichael since he doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean record himself. It's a three year deal though, so it's not like the Rams are married to Randy long-term if he can't behave himself.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the rams also signed Todd Johnson SS from the bears which is a great pickup, he is a great tackler and a great special teams player.......could even start over Chavous at SS.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
could even start over Chavous at SS.
Um, I wouldn't go that far.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Um, I wouldn't go that far.
um, why not?......chavous was nothing special and johnson could compete with him for the starting job.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
edge_V

because todd johnson isn't that good. didn't i already tell you that in some other forum?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
um, why not?......chavous was nothing special and johnson could compete with him for the starting job.
Chavous was nothing special? He wasn't a huge playmaker but I thought he played consistently well and certainly didn't do anything to suggest his job isn't secure for 2007. I don't see what Johnson, whom I view as a good back-up but at this point a questionable starter, has done to warrant consideration to replace him.

Also, from Wagoner's write-up of the signing...

Quote:
While any offensive needs appear to have been addressed (with the exception of more help at running back), the Rams are likely to turn their attention to defense in the coming days and weeks.

That became clear with the other move the Rams made Thursday when they signed Johnson to a four-year deal. Johnson comes to the Rams from Chicago, where he served as a backup safety and special teams dynamo for the past three seasons.

For his career, Johnson has 142 tackles, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. His main area of expertise comes in special teams coverage. He started 10 games at free safety in 2004 because of an injury to Mike Brown. He has 26 special teams tackles in three seasons, third best on the Bears.

Johnson should fit in as the Ramsí third safety behind starters Corey Chavous and Oshiomogho Atogwe and step in immediately on special teams.
The Rams need to improve on special teams and decided not to tender Dwaine Carpenter, so adding someone like Johnson is a very good move. Doesn't mean he's going to be working himself into Chavous' job though.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Chavous was nothing special? He wasn't a huge playmaker but I thought he played consistently well and certainly didn't do anything to suggest his job isn't secure for 2007. I don't see what Johnson, whom I view as a good back-up but at this point a questionable starter, has done to warrant consideration to replace him.

Also, from Wagoner's write-up of the signing...

The Rams need to improve on special teams and decided not to tender Dwaine Carpenter, so adding someone like Johnson is a very good move. Doesn't mean he's going to be working himself into Chavous' job though.
i didnt say that, i said he would CHALLENGE, Chavous for the starting job
Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Good signing, I think with a consistent QB/Offense, like the Rams have he will return to the bigger numbers he has had in the past.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams also signed S Todd Johnson, which I think is a very good signing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2792133

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i didnt say that, i said he would CHALLENGE, Chavous for the starting job
Your original post: "could even start over Chavous at SS."
Old 03-08-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumb move we have Klopfenstein and Byrd there the future for this team not McMichael

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
RAMBEAST

both signings are very good

McMichael put up very good numbers with very average QB's throwing to him imagine what he will do with Bulger throwing to him...............and Johnson will be very good for special teams and depth but he will not be starting anything unless Chavous gets hurt ;)
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Your original post: "could even start over Chavous at SS."
yes COULD not WOULD
Old 03-08-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yes COULD not WOULD
Your original post said nothing of a challenge. You simply said Johnson could start over Chavous. I disagreed, and I don't believe you've provided much evidence to support why you think there should be a competition there. But if you want to argue about semantics, we can do that.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes COULD not WOULD
Don't argue back, trust me. Accept defeat right now because you'll never beat him, believe me!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Your original post said nothing of a challenge. You simply said Johnson could start over Chavous. I disagreed, and I don't believe you've provided much evidence to support why you think there should be a competition there. But if you want to argue about semantics, we can do that.
yes i know my original post said Johnson COULD start over Chavous, Johnson started 6 games for the bears, is a great tackler and did a decent job starting for them when Mike Brown went down with his injury......so yes, he COULD start over Chavous.......not WOULD or WILL but he COULD!!!!!!!!!!!!..........

key word in that paragraph is COULD!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both signings. Its good to see the Rams spend money on the defense. I think McMichael will fit in well with the offense. He is a good blocker and can make big plays down the field.

I just saw Grant Winstrom was released from the Seahawks. Anyone think the Rams should go get him for cheap money so he can play his last few years with the Rams. I think he still has a little left in him.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I just saw Grant Winstrom was released from the Seahawks. Anyone think the Rams should go get him for cheap money so he can play his last few years with the Rams. I think he still has a little left in him.
they just got Kerney and we need a DE it should be a good fit

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Wistrom in horns again, assuming the price is right.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Tom_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does this spell the end for byrd, i was pretty excited about him when we drafted him
Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell
Tom_23 is offline   Reply With Quote