Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cincinnati Reds Discussion

I've been wanting to make one of these, I know me and MIB are Reds fans and I'm sure several others are as well. How well they have played has made it worth it now I guess.

Cueto is filthy tonight and they are working the Dbacks relievers. This team is fun to watch, I love this brand of baseball.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew they weren't gonna be as terrible on offense as most thought they were. Now, they aren't gonna hit like this forever but they don't necessarily need to if the pitching is there. Encouraging last few weeks, thats for sure.

Haha, I'd also considered making this thread but I didn't really realize anyone else posted in the MLB thread.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made myself laugh in the 7th inning when we were getting hit after hit and I kept saying how I loved how this team played... It's hard not to love how a team plays when they go through the order in an inning lol.

Honestly though... This is what we've been begging for all these years. Do the little things and get some pitching. Harang/Volquez/Cueto is just filthy and Bronson/Owings are both very capable.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thrilled that we are playing this well. Not only is it fun to watch, but it's a big relief that we aren't getting blown out every night (knock on wood). We seem to have found talent in unseen places with the likes of Owings, Rosales, Nix and company, all of whom have played quite well. I hope they can keep it up.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Reds keep up the way they are, they will win the Central. We need to dump Ronald McDonald and get a better righty up here to spot in the OF and off the bench.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought id throw out there that the reds got screwed by that POS ump.

and Jay Bruce is a freaking beast

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-17-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm bad luck for starting this thread lol. Still, they're not playing bad. Have to give it up to Owings for the way he played last night despite getting the loss.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm bad luck for starting this thread lol. Still, they're not playing bad. Have to give it up to Owings for the way he played last night despite getting the loss.
Owings is a man for doing what he did on such short rest. It's a shame that he's credited with the loss because it should go to Mr. Babyface Weathers for blowing the lead/game.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Owings is a man for doing what he did on such short rest. It's a shame that he's credited with the loss because it should go to Mr. Babyface Weathers for blowing the lead/game.
No, Weathers got slighted by that home plate ump. He wouldn't call the outside. It was so bad, even Chris Welsh who is usually on the ump side had to point out how bad it was.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-22-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Sweet way to start off the weekend. Very happy with the crowd and pitching performance.

I hope Gomes sticks, I've always liked him.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Sweet way to start off the weekend. Very happy with the crowd and pitching performance.

I hope Gomes sticks, I've always liked him.
compared to the alternatives right now, I hope he does too.

Only other guy I want up is Stubbs (for oF)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game today and it was pretty sweet.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-25-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Gomes sure is making me look good lol... If he keeps it up and Votto can finally be right, we'll have a decent enough offense to get the job done.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I have always liked Gomes as well and he is definitely having some great success after being brought up.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-27-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I really want to see Stubbs brought up. He could really be a boost off the bench especially on the bases and defensively. Him and Pedro Viola

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Last nights game was really exciting and Brantley made a really good point about this particular team in regards to Roy Oswalt. He said they are batting over .300 against him and now have five home runs. In 8 seasons with Griffey/Dunn, they were batting nowhere NEAR .300 and had only FOUR homeruns against him. Seems like the days of Oswalts dominance against the Reds may be coming to an abrupt end.

Also, Joey Votto is freakin' amazing and if he does not make the All Star team this year(barring a complete meltdown) it will be a joke. Get your brooms ready?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Last nights game was really exciting and Brantley made a really good point about this particular team in regards to Roy Oswalt. He said they are batting over .300 against him and now have five home runs. In 8 seasons with Griffey/Dunn, they were batting nowhere NEAR .300 and had only FOUR homeruns against him. Seems like the days of Oswalts dominance against the Reds may be coming to an abrupt end.

Also, Joey Votto is freakin' amazing and if he does not make the All Star team this year(barring a complete meltdown) it will be a joke. Get your brooms ready?
I love what we've been able to do against Roy "Reds Killer" Oswalt this year. Great point about what he did to us in recent past, and I agree in saying that those years are - hopefully - coming to and end. Bring out the brooms.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Yay.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. 1.5 games back going into a great road series against the division leader(s). What a position to be in right now and this is where we are really gonna see what this team is made of.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bronson is a beast. Man, this train needs to keep rolling, we are definitely capable of competing for a playoff spot with moderate health.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Harang sucks. 1-2 count on Pujols and he throws a meat pitch right down the middle.
And why the hell didn't Gomes start in LF and Stubbs in CF?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Aaron Harang sucks. 1-2 count on Pujols and he throws a meat pitch right down the middle.
D-U-S-T-Y B-A-K-E-R

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Well the reason those two didn't start was Chris Carpenter. He is a dominate pitcher and just shuts most right handed hitters down. He is even tough on most lefties as well. Dusty was trying to get as many left handed bats in the line-up as he could. I cant fault him for that. Dickerson had a very strong spring and made starting him against righties a viable option. We all have to remember Stubbs only hit just over .260 last year when all was said and done. He has a bright future but he is still young and a work in progress. Lets all just be happy Taveras wasn't out there again this year:)
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

woohooo thanks for bringing this one back to life.

PO'd I didn't get to go to opening day but it was fun despite the L. As always, I start the season off fairly optimistic. Can't wait for tomorrow nights game.

Also think Homer could be in for a really solid year.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Homer will start to show the ace he can be, Chapman will emerge as dominant and Leake will show his crazy potential too

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack