Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: NFC North vs. NFC South: Who Would Win In A Head-to-Head Matchup?
NFC North 79 74.53%
NFC South 27 25.47%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
The North wins, even with only 10 players on offense.
Pretend Hester is the slot guy....he'd be a sick slot guy in that offense.

It's probably because we have awful fullbacks in the division..
Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nfc north without a doubt... solid team all across the board
LB corp of the south worries me

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a decidedly one-sided fight the NFC North All Stars will move on to compete against the NFC East All Stars.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
QB Jay Cutler (CHI)
RB Adrian Peterson (MIN)

FB Naufahu Tahi (MIN)
WR Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR Greg Jennings (GB)
Cutler(or Rodgers), Purple Jesus, God, and Greg Jennings is just an insane combination. What a absolute nightmare this would be for any defensive coordinator... one of Jennings, Johnson or Peterson is going to burn you. You almost can't stuff the box against the run with Greg Jennings and Calvin Johnson on the outside. But if you don't stuff the box Adrian Peterson is going to tear you up.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 05-14-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
In a decidedly one-sided fight the NFC North All Stars will move on to compete against the NFC East All Stars.
Does that mean we could move on to the next match ups??

NFCN vs. NFCE
AFCN vs AFCE

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant to vote for NFC North, but I'm illiterate, so pardon me...

I honestly think that this would be a blowout win for the North, that defense is just too much for the NFC South...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

6 to 12 all day, every day.
Is that supped to be 6 to 21? Or am I missing something?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

part two to figure out:

I'd put AJ hawk over Greenway. If we're going on pure talent, throw hawk strong side, urlacher in the center, and briggs on the weakside...

AND THEN TELL ME WHOS THE BOSS.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
part two to figure out:

I'd put AJ hawk over Greenway. If we're going on pure talent, throw hawk strong side, urlacher in the center, and briggs on the weakside...
Greenway is the far better player, and it really isn't that close.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greenway is the far better player, and it really isn't that close.
with the front 4 that the vikings have. i could play that well. AJ hawk would be fantastic in the vikings defense.

i'd rather go with the pure talent guy, and that'd still be aj hawk. Next to urlacher and briggs, in that position... chad greenway is good, i will concede that, and AJ hawk has looked bad last year, but so did all of the packers.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a decidedly one-sided game the NFC North All Stars will move on to compete against the NFC East All Stars.

And the AFC North All Stars will compete against the AFC East All Stars.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Pretend Hester is the slot guy....he'd be a sick slot guy in that offense.

It's probably because we have awful fullbacks in the division..
As WRs, Hester doesn't even come close to Driver.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North team looks stacked. Offense is unstopablr with that line, Peterson, those recievers and Cutler. Not to mention that defense is amazing as well.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
North team looks stacked. Offense is unstopablr with that line, Peterson, those recievers and Cutler. Not to mention that defense is amazing as well.
I would argue that OL is the weakness of that team, but that front 7 for the north is pretty crazy.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The North wins, even with only 10 players on offense.
Brees is better than Cutler and Smith and White are still better receivers than Megatron and Jennings.

AP is better than Turner and Williams but constant debate last year showed, not by much.

The North is better, but only slightly. The offense goes to the South, North has the better defense, but again, the secondary of the south is more impressive.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Brees is better than Cutler and Smith and White are still better receivers than Megatron and Jennings.

AP is better than Turner and Williams but constant debate last year showed, not by much.

The North is better, but only slightly. The offense goes to the South, North has the better defense, but again, the secondary of the south is more impressive.
Sorry but I have to completely disagree with you on that. I like all 4 WRs a lot, but Megatron and Jennings are two complete WRs who may not have even reached their prime yet. Smith is a monster, I love how he plays, and White emerged last year, but Jennings has been a top WR for at least 3 years now.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What makes Steve Smith and Roddy still better then Calvin and Jennings? If anything you would call that a wash due to who you preferred, but Calvin and Jennings complement eachother perfectly.

And honestly I'm going to have a hard time seeing any defense completely shut down an offense with Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson on it. Let alone the fact they there are lots of other weapons, but those two on the same team are going to produce 30 points a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the south is a way better division but the north complements better. There are sick players on the south bench.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North for me. Mostly because of the defense. That front 7 is scary good. The CBs are very good as well. The S are definitely the biggest weakness if the team. Also, AD, Cutler/Rodgers, and Johnson and Jennings would be an absolutely sick offense. You can't stack the box to stop AD, and we all know what happens when you give AD a normal box to run against.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
with the front 4 that the vikings have. i could play that well. AJ hawk would be fantastic in the vikings defense.

i'd rather go with the pure talent guy, and that'd still be aj hawk. Next to urlacher and briggs, in that position... chad greenway is good, i will concede that, and AJ hawk has looked bad last year, but so did all of the packers.
If you are going by pure talent, Nick Barnett should be the other LB. Barnett may even beat out Urlacher at this point in their careers. Urlacher has lost a step, and his back will continue to get worse. Hawk is completely overrated. He is a slightly above average NFL linebacker.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnett and Hawk are overrated, and now in a 3-4 they're going to be play worse, Greenway is really underrated and is one of the better 4-3 OLBs in the league, he is stout against the run, and is pretty decent in coverage too, maybe its the Vikings D-line but he has played great and is really underrated.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Barnett and Hawk are overrated, and now in a 3-4 they're going to be play worse, Greenway is really underrated and is one of the better 4-3 OLBs in the league, he is stout against the run, and is pretty decent in coverage too, maybe its the Vikings D-line but he has played great and is really underrated.
I don't see how that is relevant at all to this since the defense for these teams is a 4-3. And Barnett is definitely not overrated. Last year he had a bad year and then got hurt, but his first 5 years in the league he was very good. Really since 2005 he's been one of the better MLBs in the league. If anything he's underrated. There have been at least two times he's been snubbed for the probowl and he was never given the respect he deserved in the media. Lofa Tatupu took his spot in 2005 and 2007 without playing nearly as well in those years. For some reason Tatupu gets all the recognition when Barnett has been better than him for a longer period of time.

However I don't have a problem with Greenway on there. It should be an OLB there, and Greenway has been better than Hawk so far. Someone said that Barnett could maybe be over Urlacher at this point, and had Barnett had a normal year I would agree with that, but giving the down/injured season I'm not going to argue with that.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC North used JORDYZZZ,

it's super effective!

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't see how that is relevant at all to this since the defense for these teams is a 4-3. And Barnett is definitely not overrated. Last year he had a bad year and then got hurt, but his first 5 years in the league he was very good. Really since 2005 he's been one of the better MLBs in the league. If anything he's underrated. There have been at least two times he's been snubbed for the probowl and he was never given the respect he deserved in the media. Lofa Tatupu took his spot in 2005 and 2007 without playing nearly as well in those years. For some reason Tatupu gets all the recognition when Barnett has been better than him for a longer period of time.

However I don't have a problem with Greenway on there. It should be an OLB there, and Greenway has been better than Hawk so far. Someone said that Barnett could maybe be over Urlacher at this point, and had Barnett had a normal year I would agree with that, but giving the down/injured season I'm not going to argue with that.
I wasn't saying how Greenway should be there over them in a 4-3 I was just stating how their play won't be as good in a 3-4. It had nothing to do with the original topic, just me expressing how I think Greenway is a better LB than both players.

I agree with 07 Barnett but, 05 Tatupu was a beast I gotta disagree with that one.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smith and White are still better receivers than Megatron and Jennings.
I don't see how you can possible say one group is better than the other definitively. Way too close. It's preference. Smith and Roddy had a bit more yards. Jennings and megatron had similar yardage and a good deal more TDs.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote