Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: NFC East vs. NFC North: Who Would Win In A Head-to-Head Matchup?
NFC East 43 41.75%
NFC North 60 58.25%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Brown>Asante Samuel in coverage.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel was only thrown at only 78 times. Samuel usually covers the best WRs the majority of the time for Philly, he only gave up 4 tds.

And what the heck are talking about that Hester burnt Samuel? Maybe on one play. 3 catches for 27 yards. One 20 yard catch. Ok he burnt him lol. 27 yards great game for Hester.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=9643
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Samuel was only thrown at only 78 times. Samuel usually covers the best WRs the majority of the time for Philly, he only gave up 4 tds.
Samuel doesn't cover anyone most of the time. He plays a ton of short zone. Brown was significantly better than Samuel this year.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And what the heck are talking about that Hester burnt Samuel? Maybe on one play. 3 catches for 27 yards. One 20 yard catch. Ok he burnt him lol. 27 yards great game for Hester.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=9643
Hester burnt a lot of people last year, usually only to have Orton severely over/under throw him or the ball would hit right off of Hester's hands.....

.....1/2 of that problem will be fixed this year with Cutler who has some deep ball accuracy. If Hester works on the other half, he could be damn scary.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
5. Sheldon Brown, Philadelphia Eagles
Season Totals: 63 attempts, 4.84 YPA, 44.44 Forced INC%, 0 TDs, 1 INT

My two cents: I have been calling Sheldon Brown overrated for a few years now, but he sure did shut me up this season. Among CBs with at least 40 attempts, Brown was behind only Brandon Flowers, Samari Rolle and Corey Webster with a 4.84 YPA. In a must win situation during the Eagles Week 17 game against Dallas, Brown was dominant. Brown was thrown at five times, allowed nine yards, and intercepted a pass.
Quote:
20. Asante Samuel, Philadelphia Eagles
Season Totals: 78 attempts, 6.51 YPA, 41.03 Forced INC%, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

My two cents: I would say that Asante Samuel is probably the least deserving player who made the Pro Bowl. Samuel didnít play badly, he just wasnít special. Teammate Sheldon Brown outplayed him to a ridiculous degree, yet Samuel got the Pro Bowl nod because of a couple of highlight reel INTs. Brown had better numbers across the board, save for Samuelís three more INTs. Maybe Samuel and Antoine Winfield can talk about how they stole Pro Bowl spots from two of the best CBs in the league.
Thanks for stopping by.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And don't bet on that for long. I'm not trying to take away from Witten here, I think he might honestly have a claim as the best all around TE in the game, but Olsen is twice the athlete and I expect a huge year from him coming up here.

Just thought i'd point that out....
Oh please, let's not even go there.

"Don't bet on it for long" ?

Yea because Witten is real old huh? Twice the athlete is a huge stretch and even if it wasn't being an athlete hardly makes you a good TE, ask Vernon Davis.

I still voted North, but Witten is a dominant TE and you can't obviously expect someone like Olsen to go from 500 yards and 50 catches a season to surpass Witten anytime soon, or far from now.

Witten has been putting up HOF numbers to start his career, Olsen doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as taking over the TE throne yet...I love Olsen, but let's not pump him up that much yet.

I say the same thing to people who talk about Bennett and Witten the same way, and Martellus is twice the athlete that Olsen is or will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was really far fetched BeerBaron. Olsen is nowhere close Wittens level

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Oh please, let's not even go there.

"Don't bet on it for long" ?

Yea because Witten is real old huh? Twice the athlete is a huge stretch and even if it wasn't being an athlete hardly makes you a good TE, ask Vernon Davis.
Dude....seriously. I clearly said "not to take anything away from Witten" because I wasn't taking anything away from Witten.

Jesus Christ...seriously? Where were you a few months back when I seemed to be the only damn human being on the board arguing how good Witten was to much distain from others....i think in one of the probably dozens of "underrated" threads.

My entire point was the it was being made out like Witten was clearly better than Olsen, and right now, yes, true. If Olsen has the type of year I expect out of him, it won't be so cut and dry next year. That was my total point.

And don't go and compare him to Vernon ******* Davis. Olsen already did more last year than Davis has in his whole career.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just having a hard time seeing Cutler have any time to throw at all with the East's pass rush. You've got Osi, Tuck, Haynesworth, and Bunkley as your base front four. Plus DeMarcus Ware whose a crazy good blitzer in his own right. And then you can bring Trent Cole in on obvious passing downs? Yeah, that's brutal. Cutler would be knocked silly.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Dude....seriously. I clearly said "not to take anything away from Witten" because I wasn't taking anything away from Witten.

Jesus Christ...seriously? Where were you a few months back when I seemed to be the only damn human being on the board arguing how good Witten was to much distain from others....i think in one of the probably dozens of "underrated" threads.

My entire point was the it was being made out like Witten was clearly better than Olsen, and right now, yes, true. If Olsen has the type of year I expect out of him, it won't be so cut and dry next year. That was my total point.

And don't go and compare him to Vernon ******* Davis. Olsen already did more last year than Davis has in his whole career.

Well Witten is clearly better though, I was just responding to that "Don't bet on it for long" comment as if Olsen had a few good years somehow he would over take Witten...Like I said I love Olsen and have been calling him a breakout candidate since 2008 but for now he's just a rotational TE with great receiving abilities.

Even if he broke out this next year, and Cutler turned him into a more dominant weapon, I don't see any reason why Jason Witten would get worse...Sounded to me like you were saying if Olsen has a good year or two he'll be the best TE in the NFC, that's just pushing it to me even for a guy that loves Olsen's game.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Thanks for stopping by.
Yeah I read that article. Its some random guy. You can't tell what the coverage was to blame fault for those completions, if the safety should have helped out, if he's playing zone, if the catch was short of a first, how the pass rush was. Too many varialbes. Its faulty stats on percentages and doesn't take into account who was covering which receiver. Plus again Samuel usually on the better receivers but not all the time obviously. Plus Samuel as a Patriot was pretty sick too. Samuel can force a turnover, Browns not the greatest game changer. Agaisnt Cutler, it would be nice to have someone that isn't stone hands because Cutler will give you an opportunity to make a pick. Samuel is definitley in the argument at least over Brown and Webster defintiely.

As for Webster, I'll take guys with track records of more than one year. Newman if healthy and Rogers on that guys list was number 8. Redskins pass rush compared to the Giants changes some things.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

NFC East pass rush would be on Cutler alot. Imagine blocking Osi with Ware blitzing. Yikes.

Giants Oline is 3/5s of the Oline and they've had some trouble with the Vikings in the past. So Eli wouldn't have much time either. Thats why I think McNabb in an Andy Reid offense would be much better for the East. Quicker passes with Cooley as an H-back, Westbrook out of the backfiled, Witten underneath, working the middle. Thats the East best bet. Jam Roy Williams and he's done for the most part.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think the east OL is so much better than the North's that while the east DL will devour the North's OL, the east OL has a chance against the North's DL. Plus the east has a better secondary to cover those superior skill positions the north claims while the north can be attacked through the passing game as winfield isn't the corner he was and those safeties are just good.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFC East pass rush would be on Cutler alot. Imagine blocking Osi with Ware blitzing. Yikes.

Giants Oline is 3/5s of the Oline and they've had some trouble with the Vikings in the past. So Eli wouldn't have much time either. Thats why I think McNabb in an Andy Reid offense would be much better for the East. Quicker passes with Cooley as an H-back, Westbrook out of the backfiled, Witten underneath, working the middle. Thats the East best bet. Jam Roy Williams and he's done for the most part.
This isn't a 53 man roster. You can consider Cooley and McNabb on the team as back-ups.

Just as you could consider the weapons the North has as their backups as well.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when did we vote on the nfc east team
Old 05-17-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
when did we vote on the nfc east team
People put together All Pro teams by division a while back.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-17-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
This isn't a 53 man roster. You can consider Cooley and McNabb on the team as back-ups.

Just as you could consider the weapons the North has as their backups as well.
True, I guess if I put Cooley in as halfback/fullback, you could put Forte in too as a receiving threat RB. Cooley is a weapon all his own though, very unique like Westbrook but he's technically a tight end so its Witten.

Although this league is really a 2 back league. So you would have to consider Portis(or Barber) and Forte would play alot. And 3 WR sets, I guess would be DeSean Jackson and Berrian or Driver.

Two tight end sets, you get Cooley in there and I guess Shancoe/Donald Lee.

I still would use McNabb at QB over Eli. I know Elis won one Super Bowl and is a franchise QB obviously, but McNabb has had one heck of a career and runs Reids offense very well which is the best offense because it works with less receiver talent and fits Westbrook the best. A little mobility never hurt either when facing that Dline.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I still just think it's pretty ridiculous to have AD and Calvin on the same offense, those guys are difference makers, elite ones at that, and I think that would present problems for even the strongest D's.

Cutler would be able to utilize Calvin to his strengths, and he'd still dominate probably every East corner...The East on offense is just meh, I don't think they would score enough to keep up and the North have a beastly D-line on their hands.

Still looks like this will be a close vote.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook would do absolutely nothing against that DL. Nothing about the East's offense really impressed me, but they do have a sick defense, with the lone weak spot being in the LB corps.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Westbrook would do absolutely nothing against that DL. Nothing about the East's offense really impressed me, but they do have a sick defense, with the lone weak spot being in the LB corps.
It's a good thing that Westbrook never catches passes.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, I forgot teams don't utilize the ground game anymore...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Or that the East has an exquisite OL, especially at run blocking, and the best TE in the league.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the North. Here's how I see things:
QB: North
RB: North
WR: North
TE: East
OL: East, but not by as much as some people are making it out to be.
DL: I give a slight edge to the North, but this is as close as it can get.
LB: North
DB: East

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I went with the North. Here's how I see things:
QB: North
RB: North
WR: North
TE: East
OL: East, but not by as much as some people are making it out to be.
LB: North
DB: East
DL edge should be East

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote