Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Gameday Thread: 49ers at Cowboys.

Whoops. No one made this. And it's already halftime. We're up 28-3. So that's good. Run defense looks horrible as Murray has almost 100 yards in the first half. But who needs a run defense when you can have four turnovers. I guess. Offense looks great all around other than some minor protection issues.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15 yard penalty for posting. Automatic first down Dallas.

Good stuff NFL.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win. Something things that stood out:

- Carlos Hyde is the real deal. Can't wait to see what he can do in an extended role.

- Colin seems steady as ever.

- Secondary played well despite losing three corners to injury throughout the game. The one big goof was that deep pass from Romo.

- Dawson better get his **** together.

- The offensive line wasn't that bad. Colin only got sacked once, which was on Martin. Speaking of Martin he did a good job overall. Yeah it was against Dallas, but he held his own for the most part.

- Justin Smith showed real leadership today. At one point during a timeout by Dallas I believe, he rallied the troops and got folks fired up.

- We have to clean up the penalties, although a couple of the calls against the 49ers seemed bogus.

- I feel good amount the receivers. A lot more confident compared to last year, even though Colin passed for 400 yards in the opener against the Packers.

- The rush defense is alarming. Things got a tad better in the fourth quarter, but overall it was unsettling and has to be improved moving forward. I'm praying that it was just a combo of Murray and the offensive line winning at the point of attack. I'm not sure. It is a cause for concern though. Adjustments need to be made before Aldon and Bowman come back.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This.....days like today is why I'm still fuming over Baalke letting go of Morris. We lose 3 CBs in one game. I should be happy we won but I just jeep shaking my head, knowing we have to deal with another good pasing attack next week and Brock, Cully and now Ward are big question marks heading into next week. You can never have too many capable CBs. An extra D-Lineman was not needed.

Offense sputtered in the second half but we also got some awful calls go against us. Martin and Looney looked like back-ups most of the day but not too awful for their first start. Tackling was the worst I've seen under Fangio. Soooooo many missed tackles. Murray's a good back but the misssed tackles were ridiculous. We made him look like Earl Campbell. Defense wasn't sharp but with all the new faces, I predicted it would take us about 6-8 games to gel and find their way. Johnson looked surprisingly good for rookie pressed into duty. Lynch also looked good rushing the passer. Those two have a bright futures.

Hyde is going to be awesome for this offense. He's just so much more explosive than Gore. He's quicker and his burst is amazing for his size. Couple of games of experience under his belt and I expect him to really take the league by storm. Good win to start the season.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is our defence for real, 3 int against the cowgils? Dayyyum baby! I disnt get to watch the game was at work but really 3 int in the first game. Isn't Romo suppose to be elite what that big contract he to lol.

What's this dumb new rumour a bit about Jim and the licker room? Is it stupid media stering up **** or is it a real concern?
Old 09-07-2014, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

LOL Romo to Willis.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2014, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So much awesomeness in one photo.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
Great win. Something things that stood out:

- Carlos Hyde is the real deal. Can't wait to see what he can do in an extended role.

- Colin seems steady as ever.

- Secondary played well despite losing three corners to injury throughout the game. The one big goof was that deep pass from Romo.

- Dawson better get his **** together.

- The offensive line wasn't that bad. Colin only got sacked once, which was on Martin. Speaking of Martin he did a good job overall. Yeah it was against Dallas, but he held his own for the most part.

- Justin Smith showed real leadership today. At one point during a timeout by Dallas I believe, he rallied the troops and got folks fired up.

- We have to clean up the penalties, although a couple of the calls against the 49ers seemed bogus.

- I feel good amount the receivers. A lot more confident compared to last year, even though Colin passed for 400 yards in the opener against the Packers.

- The rush defense is alarming. Things got a tad better in the fourth quarter, but overall it was unsettling and has to be improved moving forward. I'm praying that it was just a combo of Murray and the offensive line winning at the point of attack. I'm not sure. It is a cause for concern though. Adjustments need to be made before Aldon and Bowman come back.
- Hyde looked like Gore did years ago.
- Kaepernick was solid. Can't complain about him.
- Agree about the secondary and we should have kept Morris. Two interceptions and a fumble recovery TD by our secondary. Can't complain.
- Like I said in the off-season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dawson become the 2012 version of Akers. Hopefully, that doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.
- OL wasn't as good as it should be. Boone not playing at all was a disappointment. Martin and Looney were decent at best. And it was Iupati who gave up that sack as he went to double team the outside rusher instead of picking up the inside rusher. Unless he becomes dominant, I don't see us re-signing Iupati and can't argue against that.
- Justin looks refreshed and 100% healthy.
- Agree in regards to the penalties.
- Definitely happy about our WR core. Surprised Patton was inactive today.
- Rush defense doesn't worry me that much. Aldon, Bowman and Dorsey are out and we had a big lead and were more concerned about not getting beat with the pass. Rush defense will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya
This.....days like today is why I'm still fuming over Baalke letting go of Morris. We lose 3 CBs in one game. I should be happy we won but I just jeep shaking my head, knowing we have to deal with another good pasing attack next week and Brock, Cully and now Ward are big question marks heading into next week. You can never have too many capable CBs. An extra D-Lineman was not needed.

Offense sputtered in the second half but we also got some awful calls go against us. Martin and Looney looked like back-ups most of the day but not too awful for their first start. Tackling was the worst I've seen under Fangio. Soooooo many missed tackles. Murray's a good back but the misssed tackles were ridiculous. We made him look like Earl Campbell. Defense wasn't sharp but with all the new faces, I predicted it would take us about 6-8 games to gel and find their way. Johnson looked surprisingly good for rookie pressed into duty. Lynch also looked good rushing the passer. Those two have a bright futures.

Hyde is going to be awesome for this offense. He's just so much more explosive than Gore. He's quicker and his burst is amazing for his size. Couple of games of experience under his belt and I expect him to really take the league by storm. Good win to start the season.
Agree 100%. Should have kept Morris but I wouldn't have released a DL. After all, Carradine and Dial were inactive today. Granted, maybe one of them would have played but I would have released Gabbert instead of Morris especially since it appears the third quarterback will always be inactive.

And don't forget, CB Chris Cook was inactive for the game even though I don't know why.

In the end, a good win in which we were able to cruise which is exactly how I like us to win games like these. :D
Old 09-07-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The rush defense was doo doo from the jump. Not when we had a substantial lead.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really worried about the run defense. I am not even sold on the pass defense. Romo made a few mistakes but outside of those, the Cowboys weren't having much trouble moving the ball. A bend-but-don't-break defense that hopes for turnovers cannot hold.

I can't say much about the offense yet. The Cowboys defense is terrible and 14 of our 28 were defensive points, counting the interception that we ran back to the two.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

There were the most rushing yards the 49ers have given up since playing the Texans last year. Let's just hope this was a hiccup and the coaching staff does all it can to fix it. We have Matt Forte and the Bears next week.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I'm really worried about the run defense. I am not even sold on the pass defense. Romo made a few mistakes but outside of those, the Cowboys weren't having much trouble moving the ball. A bend-but-don't-break defense that hopes for turnovers cannot hold.

I can't say much about the offense yet. The Cowboys defense is terrible and 14 of our 28 were defensive points, counting the interception that we ran back to the two.
I'm not really worried. We missed a ton of tackles. And Dallas has one of the better O-Lines we'll see all year. I expected the defense to not be as sharp the first part of the season. We have alot of guys playing different roles. Takes time to develop that chemistry, for guys to know that they can trust that ppl are going to be where they're supposed to. Pass defense was solid IMO. Romo found some holes in our zone but when he tried to force big gains, we made them pay and that's what you want. Aside from the one fluke pass where Cox mis-timed his jump, they got nothinng big through the air.

Run defense was a problem but I think most of that can be shored up. I think we'll be fine. The Cowboys had a top 6 offense last year. We held them in check for 3 quarters and they got a couple of garbage TDs late. Definitely no need for panic in my eyes.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did not expect to see guys like Johnson, Hyde, and Lynch play so well, so soon. All 3 look like immediate contributors (alongside Ward/Ellington). They could start eating more and more snaps from the veterans. Add in McCray/Borland on ST's....plus we'll get Marcus Martin later on. Fantastic rookie class!

I was really disappointed that Carradine and Dial were inactive- both played well in preseason and i think would be better for us than Dobbs/TJE.

Our depth really amazed me today. Without Aldon, Bowman, Dorsey, even Brooks (who seemed to have an uncharacteristically poor game), Cully, and Brock, we still made do on defense. Missing 6 starters and we held them to 3 points before some terrible penalties/garbage time. LIS above, i just hope we can get Carradine and Dial in there for some extra help.
Closed Thread