Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-09-2014, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Gameday Thread: 49ers at Saints.

Didn't make a gameday thread last week. My mistake. Well, anyway the 49ers and Saints are the only two teams in the NFL right now with .500 records. And they meet today in a few hours.

Honestly, while I don't think the season is over, I don't see the 49ers winning this game. New Orleans is already hard to play in as it is, and they seem to be clicking right about now. The 49ers just can't get out of their own way. I was thinking the three game stretch between the Rams, Saints, and Giants was going to essentially decide our season. I thought we would take care of business against the Rams and then split two on the road with the Saints/Giants. Now we'll have to wait two straight on the road, and I don't see that happening. The 49ers might not even beat the Giants.

Willis looks like he's going to miss another game too. This could get ugly like in Denver. I wish I could say I have faith in the offense to do something, but with the way the offensive line is playing we can't run the ball or pass the ball very well. Maybe the 49ers really focus this week and we get lucky. I leave for Hong Kong the next day so a win would be nice. Whatever. This team probably isn't going to the Super Bowl this season so I'm just going to look for improvement the rest of the year. Hopefully Harbaugh is retained.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14-0 49ers midway first quarter. Finally, running the ball with Gore and now Hyde. Both have a rushing TD. Roman is thus far getting back to the basics and fundamentals that got this team to where it was the last three seasons.

Defense is playing great without Willis, Bowman, Aldon and Dorsey. Bethea has been a great FA signing with three interceptions this season including one against the Saints.

Team just has to keep it up. Can't become complacent.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay that was another heart attack. Glad we got the win though. Offense is still shaky. Pissed me off with their second down collapse. The defense saved the day yet again. Chris Borland is a monster. 35 tackles last two games. Very good for a rookie filling in for an All Pro. Willis can take his time coming back. And Ahmad Brooks got payback for last season's BS call.

Playing in New Orleans is tough. I'll take a win anyway I can get it. It's stupid we've had to go there three straight years.

Next week is New York Giants who has the lead on Seattle right now in Seattle. Hopefully they win it. We get Aldon back so that is a plus.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Chris Borland. I also can't believe people are trying to argue that Jimmy Graham's offensive PI wasn't a good call.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niner games are bad for the heart

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugly win but a needed one. I'm really baffled at why JH and Roman haven't cured our second half offensive woes. EVERY game this year, we have done literally nothing offensively and it makes zero sense because its painfully obvious why. Seems to be we come out and abandon the run too much. Even today, run game was killing them first half. Come out second half and we're back to throwing on every down. This offense can't do that. Have to remember where our strengths lie. We come out in OT and start running again and go right down the field. Can't keep doing that, you would think somebody upstairs would rectify.

And I have to give Baalke props, I was very weary of him taking Borland over Moncrief but man, he's looking like a genius. That kid has looked great. He's been everywhere. With both Willis and Bowman out, he's been a great story. And Lynch is the real deal. Him and Aldon are going to feast here real soon. Can't believe Boldin dropped that sure touchdown...

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-09-2014 at 09:16 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

If Boldin catches that pass he's gone. He at least gets inside the 5 at worst.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2014, 01:22 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And losing Ian Williams YET AGAIN really sucks. He was having a phenomenal year at NT. Notice Ingram didn't get off until Dial came in. Dial actually didn't look too bad for his first extensive snaps of his career but you could see in the run game, he's not the 2-gapper Williams is, at least not yet. He got moved out of his gap far too easily and too often. I'd like to see them maybe promote Purcell if Dorsey isn't ready. Also Ellington going down hurts too but what's with using Hyde as a KO returner? Having 2 RBs on the roster is dangerous enough but to have Hyde return kicks is just begging for trouble. He does look good as a returner though. A guy that big shouldn't have burst like that....just crazy how explosive he looks with the ball in his hands.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-10-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Purcell looked horrible in the preseason. Constantly getting pushed back like he was on roller skates instead of cleats. No thanks. We need Dorsey back in there.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin had a couple of drops but I think he more than made up for it with some spectacular catches.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Boldin had a couple of drops but I think he more than made up for it with some spectacular catches.
Meh. His drops started to outweigh the good he was doing. He could have blew the doors off in that game the way he was beating he defensive backs too. Shame he just couldn't hold onto the football. At least won the game. I don't expect that to happen again. Although our team probably leads the NFL in drops. I guess I just meant from Boldin.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe Boldin and Crabs dropped 3 consecutive passes on the final 4th quarter drive. Thank goodness Kenny Vaccaro lost his deep-side contain on that pass to Crabtree.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Purcell looked horrible in the preseason. Constantly getting pushed back like he was on roller skates instead of cleats. No thanks. We need Dorsey back in there.
He had ONE bad game. He was solid the rest of the pre-season. I'm not counting on Dorsey playing at the same level he did when healthy and I'm not sure Dial can pick up the slack all by himself. Id like to see them promote Purcell and see if he can show enough in to earn some reps. Couldn't hurt.