Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-12-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Gameday Thread: 49ers at Rams

San Francisco sports weekend in St.Louis! All capped off by a matchup between the 49ers and Rams. The longtime rivalry continues Monday. Not sure what to think of this game. I think we definitely need a win here though because after this it's on the road against the Broncos where the 49ers certainly won't be favored.

The Rams D has 1 sack so far this year which is crazy with how much they were pumped up in the offseason. Yeah Chris Long is out, but Quinn has nothing. I pray that they don't turn their act around against the 49ers offensive line that has struggled in pass protection. I think the Rams have been pretty soft against the run. Wouldn't mind using Gore and Hyde to pound the rock down their throats. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The run game has worked well the last two games.

I will say that Austin Davis these last two weeks has looked better than Sam Bradford did in four or five years. He isn't afraid to stand in that pocket and heave it down the filed. He's putting up some nice numbers although a lot of them are in garbage time. I do think he's a bit of a wildcard. The defense needs to get in his face. We've hardly been able to pressure anyone. This would be a good time to turn up the heat.

Not really afraid of their run game seeing as we have the number 2 run defense in the NFL I think. And...who do they have anyways? Has Zac Stacy done anything this year? Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. Not worried though. All in all I think we'll win this game with some stout defensive play and a nice ground and pound approach. 49ers 24 Rams 14. I'll be really pissed if we don't win this game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks lost to the Cowboys. We better not choke tonight.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 02:18 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin Davis has been impressive thus far, but I think he makes a few mistakes that ends up winning the game for the 49ers. I love his gunslinger mentality though.

I'll go 31-24
Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense has been too good recently for me to think the Rams will keep it that close, or score that many points. The strategy for this game should be the same that it has been the last two weeks: a lot of Frank Gore. I do not want him worn out by the end of the season but I think he can handle 15-18 carries per game and still be fine. I expect him to get those carries and turn them into 90 yards and a touchdown. Kaepernick will throw a touchdown and Hyde will punch another one in. 49ers win 27-17.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Great win!!!! It was a little rough in the first half, but that bomb to Lloyd set off a spark for the rest of the game. The defense got 5 sacks, Colin spread the ball like crazy by having 300 yards on 22 attempts with 3 touchdowns/no interceptions. The touchdowns were all to different receivers as well. Would have had four if it wasn't for Vernon and Vance colliding into each other. Sigh. Oh well.

We got banged around a little bit. Iupati and Willis got hurt. Gore was nicked up a tad along with Jimmy Ward. Vernon Davis was also clearly rusty.

Anyways, on to Denver to face Manning and the Broncos. Should be fun.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2014, 01:04 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good comeback win for the 49ers but those last several minutes of the game were horrible. 24-14 should have been 27-14. Bad play calling on those goal line plays on all four downs. Seeing that gave me flashbacks to when we lost to the Rams two years ago due to that backwards pass to Ginn. Sometimes the plays that Roman/Harbaugh call just make no sense at all.

Thankfully, it didn't bite us in the ass. 4-2 going into Denver is good. Hopefully, we'll sneak out a road win this Sunday.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Good comeback win for the 49ers but those last several minutes of the game were horrible. 24-14 should have been 27-14. Bad play calling on those goal line plays on all four downs. Seeing that gave me flashbacks to when we lost to the Rams two years ago due to that backwards pass to Ginn. Sometimes the plays that Roman/Harbaugh call just make no sense at all.

Thankfully, it didn't bite us in the ass. 4-2 going into Denver is good. Hopefully, we'll sneak out a road win this Sunday.
Going for the TD was the right call. They needed a yard and players failed the execute. If they get nothing it's still a two possession game like it would have been with the field goal. Plus the other team is backed up in their own endzone. If we score it's a three possession game.

I'm ticked at that opportunity because Vernon and Vance were ******** and we couldn't get a ******* yard on three straight carries into the endzone.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2014, 03:47 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man it Sucks I had to work tonight. And I have to work freaking Sunday night. Just Sucks when Sf gets on night games and it's my turn to work nights ugh! I hope next is a good game. I dunno if our defense can stop Manning tho it will be tough.

What is the new bs media rumour that Frank gore was told that his job was in jeopardy before the season started?? I swear nfl. Com has if in for th 9ers this year first the locker room bs and now this crap wtf nfl n.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little worried about the running game but everything else last night was fantastic. That was one of Kap's best games. The Rams stacked the box and told Kaepernick to beat them and he came through. He should have had another touchdown but Davis and McDonald ruined it. The defense played great after those first two drives. I hope the rest of the NFL saw that selling out to stop the run is not going to work against us because Kaepernick can take over the game passing the ball.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I'm a little worried about the running game but everything else last night was fantastic. That was one of Kap's best games. The Rams stacked the box and told Kaepernick to beat them and he came through. He should have had another touchdown but Davis and McDonald ruined it. The defense played great after those first two drives. I hope the rest of the NFL saw that selling out to stop the run is not going to work against us because Kaepernick can take over the game passing the ball.
Its not that they were selling out to stop the run, its that Gregg Williams is still a idiot who has no clue all these year's after The Catch III. CK has the highest QB rating of ANYONE in the entire league against the blitz. When you blitz CK, you simplify his reads. He knows excalty where to go with the ball...doesn't have to think or dissect anything. So what does Williams do? He dials up all these blitzes. That's why Roman kept going empty backfield....he was daggling the carrot in front of the rabbit and the rabbit(Williams) went for it everytime. Rams don't have the CBs to keep up with our WRs one-on-one nor a saftety that can match up with VD. If VD were his usually self and McDonald doesn't cough up that fumble, we put at least two more TDs on the board easy. CK was finding guys open all night. And the fact that they thought Ogletree could spy CK one-on-one was amusing.

I must admit though, I talked alot crap about Baalke signing Lloyd but he's really been looking good. He's such a savvy route-runner and just has a way of getting behind defenses, even though he isn't a burner by any stretch of the imagination. But he's a good deep ball guy. He tracks the ball extemely well and makes contested catches look routine. Its an embarssment of riches we have a WR....couldn't be more night and day from last year.

But what I truly LOVE about this team is that our defense is still playing at a high level, despite the injuries. Imagine how good these guys will look when we get healthy? Scary. I don't ppl realize how hard it is to lose TWO All-Pro LBs and have your best CB only play 1 quarter the whole year, while incorperating 3 new starters in the secondary, including a rookie as your nickelback and STILL maintain a top 5 defense.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-15-2014 at 09:31 AM.
VAfy-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Its not that they were selling out to stop the run, its that Gregg Williams is still a idiot who has no clue all these year's after The Catch III. CK has the highest QB rating of ANYONE in the entire league against the blitz. When you blitz CK, you simplify his reads. He knows excalty where to go with the ball...doesn't have to think or dissect anything. So what does Williams do? He dials up all these blitzes. That's why Roman kept going empty backfield....he was daggling the carrot in front of the rabbit and the rabbit(Williams) went for it everytime. Rams don't have the CBs to keep up with our WRs one-on-one nor a saftety that can match up with VD. If VD were his usually self and McDonald doesn't cough up that fumble, we put at least two more TDs on the board easy. CK was finding guys open all night. And the fact that they thought Ogletree could spy CK one-on-one was amusing.

I must admit though, I talked alot crap about Baalke signing Lloyd but he's really been looking good. He's such a savvy route-runner and just has a way of getting behind defenses, even though he isn't a burner by any stretch of the imagination. But he's a good deep ball guy. He tracks the ball extemely well and makes contested catches look routine. Its an embarssment of riches we have a WR....couldn't be more night and day from last year.

But what I truly LOVE about this team is that our defense is still playing at a high level, despite the injuries. Imagine how good these guys will look when we get healthy? Scary. I don't ppl realize how hard it is to lose TWO All-Pro LBs and have your best CB only play 1 quarter the whole year, while incorperating 3 new starters in the secondary, including a rookie as your nickelback and STILL maintain a top 5 defense.
Haha, love the Roman carrot analogy!