Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we need a bat for the middle of the lineup that isn't significantly passed his prime, and Hanley Ramirez seems to be unhappy in Florida, I say we bring him out West to join the G-Men. He's got a big salary as he's signed long term, but not a huge one for the superstar he is. Let's give up Bumgarner in a package to get em. It'd be worth it as we could use a major upgrade at SS.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they would never trade Hanley Ramirez for something worthwhile

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, but it's great just to think about it. What a great fit he'd be on the Giants. At least Torres has been swinging a great bat lately. I hope him and Shierholtz continue to progress.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh my god win a ******* game. 5 in a row? gtfo.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Aye. This has been a painful week for the G-Men and their fans. They need a legitimate bat (or really two) to help this team get to the playoffs. I was optimistic with their FA signings, but DeRosa with his surgery (that he apparently knew didn't go well) has been a bust and Huff has been good, but not what they really need at 1B. Combine that with the Panda's slump and horrible patience/pitch choice at the plate, and the outlook to get to the playoffs isn't good. The ****ing Dodgers just blew by them in the standings. Hate it!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posey might be called up manana:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extraba...san-francisco/

Excited to see him get some ABs, wonder where Boch bats him in the order.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Posey might be called up manana:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extraba...san-francisco/

Excited to see him get some ABs, wonder where Boch bats him in the order.
Batted 6th and went 3-for-4 with three RBIs. Great beat down of the D-Backs to celebrate the Posey promotion. Boche acknowledged that it might be a temporary stay for Posey but he should get to play 5 days a week while he's up.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

BUSTER!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I like the Chris Ray deal. We get a decent mid-relief guy in exchange for a guy who is no longer needed thanks to Buster.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the giants have been frustrating to watch recently.

Torres, Sanchez, Huff, Burrell, Uribe, and Posey have all been great and are all playing at a playoff contention level, but guys like Rowand, Sandoval, and the Starting rotation have been really hurting us lately.

Hopefully someone in that rotation will spark some fire and get the rest of the rotation rolling as well. (I'm really hoping Bumgarner will get that spark).

Thank God we god rid of Bengie, he was decent during his time here, and i think he managed the best starting rotation in baseball very well, but everytime i saw him running around the bases I cringed at his speed.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Molina was his slowest ever at the plate and around the bases this year, which is sad to say. He indeed could call a good game but with the starters slumping, Buster in waiting, Whiteside proving he can be a good spot-starter, and the fact that they got some value for him, it was time for Molina to go. His leadership will be missed but it's time for a youth movement.

The crappy thing is that if the Giants keep losing over the next two weeks, they'll be sellers all the way before the trade deadline, instead of buyers. If they can just find a way to make the playoffs, I think they have the kind of team that can win, anchored by the great pitching.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night's win made up for last year's Rockies game SF dropped. That was AWESOME! Hand Posey the ROY.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Bochy has his moments. Awesome move when he called out Mattingly.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, last night's win was, umm, full of WIN.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bochy has his moments. Awesome move when he called out Mattingly.
If Donny Baseball is gonna ever make the move to full time skipper, he better stop making brain fart mistakes like that.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

When is the last time there been some good bulletin board material posted by a player from the bay area? Last one I could think was Julian Peterson against the Cowboys in '05.
Quote:
Yet Sanchez really opened eyes with his comments after today’s game.

“We are going to make the playoffs,” Sanchez said, without an ounce of prompting.

Asked again, for clarification, if he was guaranteeing the Giants will make the playoffs, Sanchez said, “Yeah, we will.”

“San Diego has been winning series all year. … But we’re going to play San Diego now and we’re going to beat them three times. If we get to first place, we’re not going to look back.”
I know Dirty no hit them last season but he is one guy that shouldn't be writing checks his a** can't cash. Especially with one series before the Pads even come into town. Friday can't get here soon enough.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
When is the last time there been some good bulletin board material posted by a player from the bay area? Last one I could think was Julian Peterson against the Cowboys in '05.

I know Dirty no hit them last season but he is one guy that shouldn't be writing checks his a** can't cash. Especially with one series before the Pads even come into town. Friday can't get here soon enough.
I'll be in town and I have tix to that game and for Saturday as well. Looking forward to them kicking some Padre a** and taking possession of first place for good.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some thoughts on the Giants over the past month or so:
-We are a better team than the Rockies, Dodgers, and Reds. We just don't seem to play near our potential against the Padres, Braves, and Phillies.
-I really like all the moves Sabean has done to get us some help. Ross and Gullien are great for depth and some extra juice for our lineup, but they are old and slow as ****.
-If we make the playoffs, Buster Posey is the ROY and our MVP. If we don't make the playoffs and the Rockies/Padres do, Sabean should be fired.
-Were a better team than the Rockies in every way, the only guys that they have that are better then us is Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki.
-The G-men bats are miserably inconsistent. One day were a slugfest team scoring runs like they're nothing. The next day we get absolutely shutout, scoring a single run is just not possible.
-We desperately need some speed. If we can get 3 or 4 guys in the lineup that are actually a threat on the bases, we would be ahead of the Padres right now.
-The Padres are leaking oil. Leave it to the crappy Dodgers to not get a win against them after the Pad's were on a 10-game losing streak.
-Our starting rotation is great. The only guy in our rotation that is pitching average is Zito.

We've got a pretty soft schedule coming up againist the Brewers and Diamondbacks. The G-men gotta step it up and smash these much weaker teams. That 3-game series vs the Padres at th eend of the season is looking like its gonna decide the playoffs for us.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Good observations Hawkeye. The Giants have ZERO excuses to not make the playoffs. I'm calling it now that the Giants win the West and the Rockies beat out the Padres for 2nd place and possibly the Wild Card spot.

My Posey jersey is arriving this week so I'll have it for the stretch run and the playoffs. :)

Old 09-12-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a miraculous season when you reach September & the Giants aren't having their postseason dreams annihilated by the hated Dodgers.

Splitting a couple of 1-0 games with the Padres is like a win-win to me, they're not dorking up a good season with bumbling the last 10 or so games.

It will be great to see the Giants in the postseason again, October fog in McCovey Cove, maybe Posey will hit that coke bottle & win a million $.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First place! So, assuming we do make the playoffs, what does our rotation look like? Zito, lets face it, has been terrible the last 1.5 months while Cain and Sanchez have both been great.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
First place! So, assuming we do make the playoffs, what does our rotation look like? Zito, lets face it, has been terrible the last 1.5 months while Cain and Sanchez have both been great.
Amazing they are back in first. I thought, about a month ago, that Giants most realistic shot was at the wild card and I wanted to wash my hands of Sanchez after the Padres start. And now the Giants are back in first after his brilliant start.

Looking ahead the final off day for SF is Aug 27th and I could see them reshuffling the rotation to set up the big guys for the final Padres series of the year. But, right now, I would be looking at a 3 man rotation with Timmy, Cain, and Sanchez. With only 2 games back to back and it being a 5 game series I would cut it down to our 3 most consistant guys.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

They have a battle down the stretch ahead, but right now I see the playoff rotation as such: Lincecum, Cain, Zito, Sanchez. First place! YES!!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

that is likely the playoff rotation; however, given Timmy's ability to never ice his shoulder and pitch every day, I would love if it were:

Lincecum
Cain
Lincecum
Zito
Lincecum
Sanchez

Old 09-26-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So at least the Giants won and Lincecum/Cain have looked fantastic recently. If Zito does not get bounces behind Sanchez at least I will be angry to say the least
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote