Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stereotypes in Video Games

Is it just me, or did you notice some stereotypes in Video Games? For example:

Wario = Mexican

Vega = Homosexual

Zangief = Big strong hairy Russian

Can you name any others? Theres gotta be more.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Gears of War:

Very stereotypical black guy

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out was one GIANT stereotpye.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

vega was a ladies man, thats why he wears a mask to protect his pretty boy face. i used to watch the street fighter cartoons on usa growing up.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Mike Tyson's Punch Out was one GIANT stereotpye.
Thats right. How can I forget that, lol. Remember the guy that would make his tits bounce after he knocked you out? I hated that *****.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That guy was from India.

The Asian's last name was Honda

The Spaniard danced around with a rose in his mouth.

The Frenchmen was a p ussy.

The German's name was right out of a Hitler Youth Club.

The Russian would drink Vodka between rounds.

I'll try to think of others.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-08-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
From Gears of War:

The Cole train!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post

That guy was from India.

The Asian's last name was Honda

The Spaniard danced around with a rose in his mouth.

The Frenchmen was a p ussy.

The German's name was right out of a Hitler Youth Club.

The Russian would drink Vodka between rounds.

I'll try to think of others.
Lol, I used to have that game on my computer. Its so stereotypical, lol. I could never beat Tyson. He was impossible.
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the idea is that Wario and all of the human males in the Mario genre are Italians, not Mexicans. But I guess it works similarly.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cybil Bennet – Silent Hill

Quote:
If you’ve played the original Silent Hill (or seen the movie for that matter) then you can’t forget Cybil Bennet. She’s undoubtedly the hottest dead lesbian leather motorcycle cop we’ve seen to date. Sorry, straight boys, to pop your Cybil wet dream balloon, but if this chick likes d**k then Richard Simmons is out there somewhere right now licking some pus*y! Cybil is pleased to announce that she will be the Grand Marshall at next years Dykes on Bikes parade.
Alfred Ashford – Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Quote:
Who love trannies? We love trannies! Especially crazy ones! Take one Alfred Ashford. A seemingly normal (if not a bit pale) military zealot who take his job very seriously. He dotes on his twin sister Alexia and does whatever she tells him. And boy does she rule with an iron fist! Well, lo and behold, come to find out dear sister Alexia has been in a cryogenic sleep for a number of years gestating the deadly Veronica Virus. So Alfred, in a state of grief, begins to take on Alexias’ personality, speaking in her voice and eventually dressing in her clothes and “being her”. Sure, it’s a touch of Norman Bates, but I think there’s a touch of lavender there to! Ting-a-ling-a-ling!
Vamp – Metal Gear Solid Series

Quote:
It seems like Metal gear Solid is just rife with *** characters! From Raidens’ highly disputed sexuality, to Major Raikov’s don’t ask don’t tell relationship with Col. Volgin and crotch grab stun move in Substinence, MGS is an all out ****-fest. (again I won’t even go in the name Solid Snake) Here we have Vamp. Actually a confirmed bi-sexual, he is a member of the Dead Cell faction of MGS and a boss in the second game. He is also the former lover of Marine Commandant Scott Dolph, father of Fortune, one of the games female characters. He sports vampire like attributes, a van dyke beard, and long stringy hair…talk about your Euro-trash! He may suck co*k, but this fancy fellow can take a bullet to the head and still come back for more!

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
snuff

Everyone in Football and Basketball video games are black.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I think the idea is that Wario and all of the human males in the Mario genre are Italians, not Mexicans. But I guess it works similarly.
Na, he's mexican. He rides a lowrider in Mario Kart.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A mexican with an Italian accent aye

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
From Gears of War:

Cole was originally supposed to be a skinny guy. The character was made and everything.

However, when they were interviewing people to do Cole's voice, they found the current Cole, and decided that they had to have him. They then realised his voice didn't match his body, so they pumped him up.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are very few ethnics in any video games, especially the old classics like Zelda. It seems like only the newest console games actually have black/hispanic people. There have always been lots of asians though, of course. How many video games that aren't hip-hop related have a non-white protagonist? It's pretty sad how racist video games are.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

GTA San Andreas. GTA 4 better go back to the Italian Mob idea, rather than the Ghetto Gang idea.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
snuff

Your racist for saying people are racist for not putting different color folks in games.

GTA is racist for having black people living in the hood of LA... and there are no white kids in the gangs...
Old 03-08-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Your racist for saying people are racist for not putting different color folks in games.

GTA is racist for having black people living in the hood of LA... and there are no white kids in the gangs...
I think it's called reverse discrimination.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats right. How can I forget that, lol. Remember the guy that would make his tits bounce after he knocked you out? I hated that *****.
Super Macho Man. I hated him too, lol. He looked like Steve Segal on roids.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

This thread is hilarious. A+
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
lionsfan320
Rookie

lionsfan320 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

as far as MTPO

Glass Joe: Sissy frenchman who begs you to leave him alone
Von Kaiser: German boxer, trained in the military, complete with pseudo-hitler mustache

Piston Honda: Generic asian. at one point in between rounds, he shouts
"Fuji Kamikaze Fujiyama Nippon Ichi" which I think means nothing, just a bunch of gibberish

Don Flamenco: Spanish boxer who dances before each fight with a rose in his mouth. Dances for his lost love, "Carmen."

King Hippo: Generic fat guy with small crown.

Bald Bull: fron Instanbul, Turkey.. can't really think of a turkish stereotype

more later
Old 03-09-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in GTA 3, every single driver of a Taxi was from India or Pakistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Madden:

They have people like:

Jamal
Ahman
Deuce
LaDainian
Anquan
Isaac
Andre
Terrell

All play BLACK RB's/WR's

People like:

Mat
Tony
Drew
Robbie
Marc
Tom
Jake
David

All playing WHITE QB's and K/P's

That's racist, if you ask me!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Germans are always eccentric Nazis who must be slaughtered, in countless WW2 games.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Na, he's mexican. He rides a lowrider in Mario Kart.
And you're complaining about sterio types?
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote