Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers schedule is ridiculous, and their defense wasn't playing well at the end of last year.

Not to mention John Fox has yet to have back to back playoff seasons. Yea, I let that one out of the bag.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the vikings don't make the playoffs i will pull my pubic hairs out.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the titans missing the playoffs, the offense has done nothing but improve on last year and the defense will not regress a whole lot if anything with haynesworth leaving. yes he was incredible when he was in but when he wasn't the defense didnt crumble. the colts IMO havent gotten any stronger this year. the jags have literally no passing threats bar holts who if you D/T him will be a none factor and MJD hasnt proven that he is a feature back. they may have brought in 2 premier OT rookies but they are rookies and u cant guage their impact. as for the texans until they do something they are the bottom dwellers in the division.

1. Titans - Best OL in the division, most threatening RB and a bolstered receiving corpse. Best DB's in the divison, best overall LB corpse in the division.

2. Colts - Peyton Manning is in a bad situation and they are in a rebuilding mode within the coaching staff. Defense still isnt that strong.

3. Jags - How will the offense do??? MJD has to prove he can carry the load. Holt is their only receiving threat. How will the brand new OL work in their first season together? Defense is still suspect.

4. Texans - Simply they havent done anything to say they are anything better than the fourth team in this division. At least the Jags have had the success you look for in a contender for the playoffs. They are just the sexy pick.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Houston finishes third and just outside of the playoff picture. Jacksonville takes a big step back breaking in a new offensive line and Indy and Tennessee both make it, although I am a bit shaky on Tennessee with the geezerness of Kerry Collins and the loss of Haynesworth.

If Schaub and Co. can stay healthy, the Texans will be a dangerous team and could easily unseat the Titans
Old 05-20-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only way the Titans don't make it is if:
A: Kerry Collins single handedly brings them down. but he usually saves his major suckage for playoff time
B: The replacements for Fat Al suck majorly
C: The Colts run **** and go captain insane-o on everyone.

A is the most likely.

oh, and the Giants there is just silly for many aforementioned points brought up by fans of rivals...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philadelphia. Offense looks really good if those new tackles hold up(which I think they will) but the defense without Jim Johnson and Dawkins just isn't the same, how could it be. McNabb will have to play lights out IMO and well the NFC East is the NFC East.

Dolphins: Pennington is the magic man when everyone doubts him, but as soon as you expect something from him, bam he disappoints. Dolphins will still be a decent team but just miss the playoffs.

Vikings: Only if the Bears are who we thought they were and the Packers suprise early with the new 3-4 defense. That pesky QB play will always leave doubters no matter how good the rest of your team is.

Titans: Its more than just losing Haynesworth,but believe me losing a stud DT does have an impact. Collins is like 80 years old. And may the Schwartz be with you Detroit.

Falcons: Offense is again great especially with Tong G but that defense just lacks in the back 7 for me and Carolina/New Orleans could both take it. Plus you play the NFC East and AFC East along with your division so that opens things up for teams like Min/Chicago/Green Bay to steal a wild card spot. Plus I don't like their depth and somebody gets hurt at some point, doesn't Mike Peterson get hurt every year. They'll be a good solid team, but might just miss the playoffs.

Pittsburgh: Nah just kidding but that would be cool.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post

Titans: Its more than just losing Haynesworth,but believe me losing a stud DT does have an impact. Collins is like 80 years old. And may the Schwartz be with you Detroit.
Wha'eva dude! We gots his replacement right here:

Get you some!

:D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
4. Texans - Simply they havent done anything to say they are anything better than the fourth team in this division. At least the Jags have had the success you look for in a contender for the playoffs. They are just the sexy pick.
I think the division can really be a toss up. The only team I would be surprised by would be the Jags. The Texans definately have the talent to win the division if they can stay healthy. The WRs are very good, Slaton was beasting, the D has lots of nice pieces, and Kubiak is an excellent coach. They are definately on the brink. Wouldn't be shocked to see them push for a wildcard spot.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I've always kinda liked the jags, I picked them to go to the superbowl for two straight years before last season, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they have a big season. I think i their oline gels they'll be a productive offensive team even if they lack big play ability from their passing game, although I think Holt will be a great influence on their young guys and I'm looking for Dilliard to make a big impact as their slot guy. And defensively I think their DL will be huge to their success, if they keep Henderson fresh and studly their Ends should be able to wreck havoc on many teams. Add to that a good solid LB corps. and a secondary with talent, Reggie Nelson better freakin break out this year I was too high on him for him to play as badly as he has been.

I know they're not a team that sticks out but I think they have a very good chance to be strong along both lines, smart and tough. Which can get you into the playoffs with some luck and careful play.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see the titans missing the playoffs, the offense has done nothing but improve on last year and the defense will not regress a whole lot if anything with haynesworth leaving. yes he was incredible when he was in but when he wasn't the defense didnt crumble. the colts IMO havent gotten any stronger this year. the jags have literally no passing threats bar holts who if you D/T him will be a none factor and MJD hasnt proven that he is a feature back. they may have brought in 2 premier OT rookies but they are rookies and u cant guage their impact. as for the texans until they do something they are the bottom dwellers in the division.

1. Titans - Best OL in the division, most threatening RB and a bolstered receiving corpse. Best DB's in the divison, best overall LB corpse in the division.

2. Colts - Peyton Manning is in a bad situation and they are in a rebuilding mode within the coaching staff. Defense still isnt that strong.

3. Jags - How will the offense do??? MJD has to prove he can carry the load. Holt is their only receiving threat. How will the brand new OL work in their first season together? Defense is still suspect.

Unfortunately this is rubbish. The Titans offense is weak, nice OL, nice RB's but where is the championship QB??? Teams that lack a franchise QB practically never repeat for a playoff postion especially if their schedule is significantly tougher and I don't think they will be getting a .479 opponent SOS again with their 2 toughest opponents coming at the end of the season.
I actually expect that by game 6 or 7 you are going to see VY back as the starter.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Note: That means the Cowboys are going to get in.

Which I don't see happening. Who's going to get in from the east? Obviously the OP (not BB) says the giants aren't... who then? the skins? the iggles? no. cowboy overrating.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Philadelphia. Offense looks really good if those new tackles hold up(which I think they will) but the defense without Jim Johnson and Dawkins just isn't the same, how could it be. McNabb will have to play lights out IMO and well the NFC East is the NFC East.

Quote:
I'll be shocked if Philly finishes 1st in the NFC East. Philly dominated the early 2000's when McNabb was one of the few franchise QB's in the NFC but even then, he had a lot of problems winning the big playoff games and rarely made it to the SB. So, I have to question if he can win the Big game??? IMO, their defense will be improved not worse than last season. This is still a veteran team who should be right there with the Giants but I agree, I doubt they are.
Dolphins: Pennington is the magic man when everyone doubts him, but as soon as you expect something from him, bam he disappoints. Dolphins will still be a decent team but just miss the playoffs.

Quote:
Miami drew one of the easiest schedules last year as a last place team from the year before. They won't be so lucky this year and while I agree they finish 2nd to NE, I suspect they will be lucky to win 8 games even in that weak division. As for Pennington, it has been injuries that have struck him down not performance.
Vikings: Only if the Bears are who we thought they were and the Packers suprise early with the new 3-4 defense. That pesky QB play will always leave doubters no matter how good the rest of your team is.

Quote:
Outside of Detroit, the NFC North is suddenly looking a lot tougher with Cutler and an improving Rodgers in the division. I agree that the Vikings will have a difficult road to hoe to win the division again.

Falcons: Offense is again great especially with Tong G but that defense just lacks in the back 7 for me and Carolina/New Orleans could both take it. Plus you play the NFC East and AFC East along with your division so that opens things up for teams like Min/Chicago/Green Bay to steal a wild card spot. Plus I don't like their depth and somebody gets hurt at some point, doesn't Mike Peterson get hurt every year. They'll be a good solid team, but might just miss the playoffs.

Quote:
Well done. Solid analysis!
Pittsburgh: Nah just kidding but that would be cool.

A solid top 5 likely to bomb out.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I really disagree with this ranking.

First of all, I don't see the Titans winning the division again. When Haynesworth came out of games last year the defense held up but he was always coming back. VandenBosch, Kearse and Bullock are all a year older and offensively the can run the ball but until the prove they can go stride for stride with the Colts in the passing game I can't put them ahead of them.

Secondly, the Colts have brought in a new RB and slot WR and bolstered the DT position which should shore up the run. And they have Peyton Manning and as long as he's there the Colts will start the season as favourites for the divison.

Thirdly, the Jags have done bolstering their offensive line this offseason but they just are not explosive enough to stay with the Colts and Texans if it becomes a shootout. Their main receiving threat is Torry Holt who is 33 and hasn't been is usual standard this last two years.

And finally, the Texans have significantly improved each year in the last 3. If Schaub stays healthy they will have a very good passing game with Johnson and Daniels mainly. Slaton showed what he could do last year. Defensively, Antonio Smith will anchor left end especially on run downs with Barwin being a pass rush specialist.

Overall, the Titans have gone backwards this year, no matter what people say, with the loss of Haynesworth.

My question is this, if all of those teams where behind in the 4th quarter. Which QBs would you be comfortable with? Manning, definitely. Schaub, fairly comfortable. Collins, nervous. Garrard, resigned to defeat.

I would rank the South as

Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
The Panthers schedule is ridiculous, and their defense wasn't playing well at the end of last year.

Not to mention John Fox has yet to have back to back playoff seasons. Yea, I let that one out of the bag.

The NFC South could be completely backwards from last year. The Atlanta Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons in the history of the franchise.

That division has easily the most parity in the NFL. Since reallignment no team has won back to back division titles. Tampa is the only team to win the division and then have a winning record the next year...they finished first at 9-7 in 2007 and then 3rd at 9-7 in 2008.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I really disagree with this ranking.

First of all, I don't see the Titans winning the division again. When Haynesworth came out of games last year the defense held up but he was always coming back. VandenBosch, Kearse and Bullock are all a year older and offensively the can run the ball but until the prove they can go stride for stride with the Colts in the passing game I can't put them ahead of them.
*Bulluck, with two U's.

I don't mind the Colts being out in front of us, but the reasoning for it is ludicrous. Because the Titans can't throw the ball as well as the Colts? Well, the Colts can't run the ball as well as the Titans, so why is their superior passing attack make the difference?

Quote:
Secondly, the Colts have brought in a new RB and slot WR and bolstered the DT position which should shore up the run. And they have Peyton Manning and as long as he's there the Colts will start the season as favourites for the divison.
Manning doesn't auto-crown the Colts as the division favorites, and I respect Manning as much as any other player in the NFL. What Manning does is keeps the Colts in contention for the division. But, while they've added talent, their coaching staff was completely unturned.

Quote:
Thirdly, the Jags have done bolstering their offensive line this offseason but they just are not explosive enough to stay with the Colts and Texans if it becomes a shootout. Their main receiving threat is Torry Holt who is 33 and hasn't been is usual standard this last two years.
If the Jags OL is healthy, it is the 2nd best OL in the division. They'll be able to run the ball with MoJo Drew/Greg Jones, and while Torry Holt isn't the player he once was, he'll still give Garrard a viable receiver. Their defense depends on the progression of their young DE's Harvey and Groves. If those two players come into their own, that defense will be good.

Quote:
And finally, the Texans have significantly improved each year in the last 3. If Schaub stays healthy they will have a very good passing game with Johnson and Daniels mainly. Slaton showed what he could do last year. Defensively, Antonio Smith will anchor left end especially on run downs with Barwin being a pass rush specialist.
No they haven't significantly improved. They've gone 6-10, 8-8, and then 8-8. That's not significant improvement. Going from 8-8, to 10-6, to 13-3 is significant improvement. In fact, Texans owner Bob McNair has actually spoken with dissatisfaction with Gary Kubiak, insinuating that he's on the hot seat.

This is the Texans... Open slowly, and go 2-6/3-5. They're notorious for starting slow, and that typically takes them out of the Playoff hunt right off the bat. Plus, Matt Schaub has miss 5 games each of the past two seasons, which means Dan Orlovsky will likely see the field. Antonio Smith was a solid signing, but he's not a great pass-rusher, which means they'll be relying on a rookie DE to take pressure off of Mario Williams.

The Texans still have the worst OL in the division, the worse secondary in the division, an injury prone QB, and zero depth on defense.

Quote:
Overall, the Titans have gone backwards this year, no matter what people say, with the loss of Haynesworth.
No one's arguing they haven't, but they've brought in a DT in FA, upgraded the WR corps a deep threat WR in FA, and drafted a WR and DT in the Draft. It's not as if the Titans sat on their hands this offseason, yet Houston brings in fricking Antonio Smith, their draft class, and suddenly become the 2nd best team in the division?

Quote:
My question is this, if all of those teams where behind in the 4th quarter. Which QBs would you be comfortable with? Manning, definitely. Schaub, fairly comfortable. Collins, nervous. Garrard, resigned to defeat.

I would rank the South as

Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags
1) Colts
2) Titans
3a) Jaguars
3b) Texans

This is how the AFC South looks entering the season.

The Colts lost their coaching staff, but according to Geo and the Colts Team Leaders, it will not make the team decline. They bring their key players back, and had a solid draft.

The Titans are second, and while they lost a DPOY candidate in Haynesworth, their DL is still the deepest in the division going 4 deep at DE and 5 deep at DT. It won't be as good as last year's without Haynesworth, but even without Haynesworth, their DL is still better than Houston or Jacksonville's entering the season - they're not depending on rookie and FA starters like Houston, and the development of 2nd year players to produce a lot like Jax. Add in the additions in the passing game, the best coaching staff, the best OL, the best rushing game, the best secondary, the best OLB's, and the best depth all around, and they're slotted at 2nd in the division.

The Jags and Texans are unknowns. Yes, if Matt Schaub stays healthy the entire season and their OL finally comes together in pass-protection, then the offense will be very good. But, Schaub still hasn't been healthy for a full season, and the OL wasn't upgraded. Their defense will be dependent on a rookie DE to provide an effective pass-rush, despite only playing DE for one season, a rookie OLB, and a FA DE who didn't even start the entire season for Arizona - yet he's supposed to lockdown the opposite side of Super Mario? Plus, their secondary is the worst in the division and the one stud in Dunta Robinson is injury prone and unhappy with his contract. The Jags are dependant on their OL coming together and their young defense developing (Reggie Nelson, Harvery, Groves), but if they do, they'll be better than Houston. Both teams need to work on their consistency, especially at winning games they should win.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only team in the AFC West that can keep the Chargers from making the playoffs is the Chargers they will have to just fall apart.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It never ceases to amaze me how, year after year, without fail, analysts and general fans rank the Texans ahead of the Titans. It happened non stop last year. Somehow the Texans are always the up and comers despite proving absolutely nothing, and the Titans the lucky overachievers despite proving plenty. "They lost Drew Bennett", "They lost Bobby Wade", "They lost Travis Henry", "They lost Travis LaBoy", "They lost Antwaan Odom". None mattered in the slightest as the Titans ascended the NFL power rankings. Now, AH is of a much higher caliber, but don't they deserve at least *some* benefit of the doubt? at least enough to be ranked higher than the freakin Texans? Good god.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how, year after year, without fail, analysts and general fans rank the Texans ahead of the Titans. It happened non stop last year. Somehow the Texans are always the up and comers despite proving absolutely nothing, and the Titans the lucky overachievers despite proving plenty. "They lost Drew Bennett", "They lost Bobby Wade", "They lost Travis Henry", "They lost Travis LaBoy", "They lost Antwaan Odom". None mattered in the slightest as the Titans ascended the NFL power rankings. Now, AH is of a much higher caliber, but don't they deserve at least *some* benefit of the doubt? at least enough to be ranked higher than the freakin Texans? Good god.
I know the feeling.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I know the feeling.
Didn't you pick the Texans to make the Playoffs in your NFL Truths thread last season? ;)

In fact, I'm pretty sure you had every AFC South team making the Playoffs, aside from the Titans...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ya the media hates the Cardinals we get it, but until proven otherwise we are the best team in the NFC
They were the best team last year. Has nothing to do with this year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
They were the best team last year. Has nothing to do with this year.
As long as we're using that logic... Browns for AFC North Champene!

I have Arizona by a mile at this point. They swept the division last season, and reached the Super Bowl. The Seahawks and Rams are breaking in new Head Coaches - even though I love Spags. San Fran switching to the 4-3 will be interesting too. It may not be theirs to lose in some peoples' opinions, but they're still the best team in the NFCW.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
As long as we're using that logic... Browns for AFC North Champene!

I have Arizona by a mile at this point. They swept the division last season, and reached the Super Bowl. The Seahawks and Rams are breaking in new Head Coaches - even though I love Spags. San Fran switching to the 4-3 will be interesting too. It may not be theirs to lose in some peoples' opinions, but they're still the best team in the NFCW.
San Fran is not switching to the 4-3, they'll be a base 3-4.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
San Fran is not switching to the 4-3, they'll be a base 3-4.
My mistake. I've been hearing that they played a hybrid last season, and will be using 4-man fronts even more this coming season - almost predominantly at some point.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think u are underestimating the Seahawks TitanHope. The Seahawks lost like their starting QB, all their WRs, the whole OL was injured and the defense was riddled by injuries with guys like Kerney missing. Getting Hasselback back with TJ and the WRs and having Kerney and Curry in the defense their are not far behind the cards

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
The only team in the AFC West that can keep the Chargers from making the playoffs is the Chargers they will have to just fall apart.
Yah they tried to do that last year but it ended up not working out, they made the playoffs anyway. hopefully this year they actually try to win games the whole season long.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote