Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abaddon41_80 is correct. VD's hands are the biggest thing holding him back. He drops way too many passes. The team has zero confidence in him. The 9er offense is usually run-run-pass. Well, the team doesn't really target him on third down since they can't afford the drop and subsequent punt.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm, am I the only one that thought this was a thread bumped from two years ago? I didn't think anyone would still be putting Vernon Davis and Pro Bowl in the same sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hmmm, am I the only one that thought this was a thread bumped from two years ago? I didn't think anyone would still be putting Vernon Davis and Pro Bowl in the same sentence.
Seriously. Let's let him become an above average TE before we start talking about him in the Pro Bowl.

For what seems like the millionth time, football is not a track meet.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm trippin but wasn't Vernon Davis a Pro Bowl Alternate?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yes he was a pro bowl alternate last year.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Vernon Davis has short arms. His workout numbers mislead people into thinking it translated into a receiving tightend. It didnt.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
As long as Witten remains productive, the star on his helmet will get him voted in.
Or maybe his numbers, production, and play on the field will get him voted in? I just hate people who continually use this excuse, we weren't politicing players to get into the pro bowl like the Redskins were last year.

Terrance Newman was nowhere to be found in the pro bowl last year, Marion Barber, Tony Romo, but all year people were assuming the same thing about them...We all know the Pro Bowl is a joke, and the more primetime games a team gets the better chance a certain player has to make it, but I wish people would stop acting like Cowboys just get voted in every year just because they play for Dallas.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Or maybe his numbers, production, and play on the field will get him voted in? I just hate people who continually use this excuse, we weren't politicing players to get into the pro bowl like the Redskins were last year.

Terrance Newman was nowhere to be found in the pro bowl last year, Marion Barber, Tony Romo, but all year people were assuming the same thing about them...We all know the Pro Bowl is a joke, and the more primetime games a team gets the better chance a certain player has to make it, but I wish people would stop acting like Cowboys just get voted in every year just because they play for Dallas.
This is a very good point, but I am afraid it is your cross to bear until the memory of Roy Williams fades.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Touche, can't deny that.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

His work ethic is great, he gives 100% and is a solid tightend. The 49ers have failed to use him the way they should, that will change this season. He is one of the top blocking tightends in the NFL, with more balls thrown his way I expect him to move up in the receiving ranks to. As far as the pro-bowl, who knows... The pro-bowl is ********.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like he's having his best offseason yet, and he's starting to get more involved with the offense:

Quote:
--It was a big day of practice for tight end Vernon Davis, who caught a handful of practices during 7-on-7 and team drills. On one play, he leaped to make a catch from Alex Smith about 15 yards downfield, then he shrugged Dashon Goldson to the ground before turning upfield.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...with-rice.html

Quote:
Another receiver who looked good today was tight end Vernon Davis, who seems to be a bit slimmer (read: less muscle-bound) this season. On three occasions, Davis leapt with his arms stretched high to bring down a pass. On one of those catches, Davis was inadvertently knocked down from behind by Washington. This is supposed to be a non-contact practice (tell that to Dominique Zeigler) and the collision was one that Davis, no stranger to practice fisticuffs, might have taken exception to in the past. This time, Davis merely popped back up and continued running down the field with the ball.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/022466.html

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he should do yoga to get more flexible
Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Him living up to his potential is one thing, there's also the Pro Bowl politics. The other guys in the conference.

As long as Witten remains productive, the star on his helmet will get him voted in. Chris Cooley is a Pro Bowl TE. And now Kellen Winslow is in Tampa. Jeremy Shockey has a year under his belt and might be as healthy as he can be, if he puts up really good numbers he could very well get the nod.

Davis needs a breakout season to help him get the cred for next year, maybe. But him being very productive and effective in and of itself is more important than the Pro Bowl nod. If he plays well, you'd hope that sort of thing works itself out and recognition deserved is obtained, although it hasn't yet with Dallas Clark of the Colts.
I completely agree with what you've said, but that got me thinking. With Winslow AND Tony G out of the AFC, do you think Clark might see his time in the sun?

Clark, to me, was always that deserving player but on the fringe as far as popularity goes. When the AFC had both Gates and Gonzalez it would have been hard for anyone to be voted in ahead of them.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-21-2009 at 02:58 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Abaddon41_80 is correct. VD's hands are the biggest thing holding him back. He drops way too many passes. The team has zero confidence in him. The 9er offense is usually run-run-pass. Well, the team doesn't really target him on third down since they can't afford the drop and subsequent punt.
They didn't target him on 3rd down because he was busy being an offensive tackle. He also only had 5 drops last season. It's true that he can improve his hands and his route-running but it's difficult to put up any type of numbers when he's only thrown to 2 or 3 times a game.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it appears that Vernon Davis actually can catch, despite reports to the contrary. Why the Niners didn't force feed the football to him from Day One of his rookie year is beyond me. (Mike Martz is an idiot).

Dropping balls occasionally doesn't mean you can't catch. I like that Terp to Terp connection in SF, hopefully it will pay off for all parties involved.
This is a guy I still believe is capable of putting up WR numbers and really is the 49ers best receiver.

If he stays healthy, he's gonna set franchise highs in TDs and yards, IMO.

EDIT: Franchise highs for the TE position.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 10-07-2009 at 08:27 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis still has at least one drop in each game this year
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon could very well deserve to be a pro bowl this year because of his blocking and improved receiving, but as long as Witten and Cooley keep producing consistently like they have they aren't losing their spots any time soon, although Cooley could be sacrificed because of how bad the Skins are.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If he stays healthy, he's gonna set franchise highs in TDs and yards, IMO.
I assume you mean TE highs in TDs and yards, not overall receiving TDs and yards.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I assume you mean TE highs in TDs and yards, not overall receiving TDs and yards.
haha that would mean he beats out Rice

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Factoring in blocking, Marcedes Lewis is still > Davis.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Wrong conference. Wrong thread.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're dreaming bro

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHA. LMFAO. Marcedes Lewis? Holy ****. That was funny.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Seriously? Vernon Davis is an amazing blocker, he's like having an extra o-lineman out there alot of time. He's actually more known for his blocking than his receiving at this point in his career.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lewis is an average blocker, at best. Davis is one of, if not the best, blocking starting tight end in the league.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote