Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Track Advice

I've been bouncing around events, ive ran anywhere from a 200 to 1600,

im a soph

200- 25.something high (ran only once)

400- 55.41

400 Hurdles- 68 (first time and i had only gone over two previous to racing)

800- 2:12 (last year PR ive only ran it 2 times since 2:18, 2:14)

1600- 4:56

Basically what im asking is what i should focus on, I really do like hurdles after my first time but theres no way of knowing how ill do until i learn how to hurdle lol.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 05-21-2009 at 06:29 AM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The mile seems to be your strength.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My senior year PR's
100: 11.2
200: 22.4
400: 51.9
LJ: 21'
TJ(Not state sanctioned): 40+'

If I were you, I'd def run mid distance. Your 55 in comparison to your 200 time is very impressive, and 2:12 is nothing to sneeze at. Keep working on those and you'll see a dramatic improvement. You can still run the 400h too. And this way you can run relays and be on a 4x4 team.

Take it for what its worth though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The mile seems to be your strength.
Really? Because most good mile runners will run around 4:30s. I was going to say 400, unless you think you can shave 10 seconds or more off your 800. Most good 400 runners will be low 50s, with the really good ones sub 50.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO your 400 time is the best out of the 5. Cut 3-5 seconds (takes a lot of work) and you'll be competitive.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Really? Because most good mile runners will run around 4:30s. I was going to say 400, unless you think you can shave 10 seconds or more off your 800. Most good 400 runners will be low 50s, with the really good ones sub 50.
He's a sopohmore, so I was mildly impressed. The longer the distance, the easier it is to improve by leaps and bounds. I took me forever to shave time off my 100/200.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a sopohmore, so I was mildly impressed. The longer the distance, the easier it is to improve by leaps and bounds. I took me forever to shave time off my 100/200.
True, but a shade under 5 isn't that impressive for a mile (no offense Ballin). His 400 and 400 hurdle times look a lot more impressive and from experience, I dropped from a 56 to 53 in the 400 from the beginning to the end of my soph year. Also, a 68 is pretty good for 400 hurdles your first time. If he can improve his form at all, along with conditioning, that time will jump down a good amount.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stick w/ the 400. Seems to be your strength. I went to the Georgia high school state meet 3 years We were runner up all 3 as a team and If you can get your 400 time to around 49-51 you will do very well for yourself.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
True, but a shade under 5 isn't that impressive for a mile (no offense Ballin). His 400 and 400 hurdle times look a lot more impressive and from experience, I dropped from a 56 to 53 in the 400 from the beginning to the end of my soph year. Also, a 68 is pretty good for 400 hurdles your first time. If he can improve his form at all, along with conditioning, that time will jump down a good amount.
none taken, it was from last year, now i think im too big for distance, i ran a 5:10 which was horrible and never ran it again this season.

For what its worth i feel like im actually going to grow, i was 5'6'' 125 and now im 5'71/2'' 145 from beginning of winter track to now. I feel like i can do alot better in everything but my fricken osgood slotters sucks so the mile is almost out of the question. And when i did the 400 hurdles i strained my groin and then ran a 56.48.

I know its kindof ***** to make excuses on injuries but the osgoods is legitimate and the groin went away from adrenaline, its just i literally cant sprint to my full potential or ill feel bad pain.

But thanks for the input all of you.

this is what i think i can do:

400- 54. low 40s
400H- 62
800- 2:08 (i was on pace to be here as a soph and then i went backwards)

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-21-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
thanks BretN, i really felt like i wanted to do the mile after freshman year running that time, but then it all went south from there. There are freshmen running 4:37 (ridiculous)

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Stick w/ the 400. Seems to be your strength. I went to the Georgia high school state meet 3 years We were runner up all 3 as a team and If you can get your 400 time to around 49-51 you will do very well for yourself.
well the best time this year was a 49 in my county, theres a senior on my team that runs a 51 and he only got 6th

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-21-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use to do the 3200 and did 10:13. I would say your 1600 is probably your strongest so far.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

lol getting alot of mixed info

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-21-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Here's the best advice I can give as a former HS track star: figure out what your best event is and if you are kind of split on like one or two, dedicate yourself to it entirely. I was best at 100m and 200m, so I spent all my time working on all aspects of each event. I can't remember how many 300s and ladders I probably ran over the course of high school haha.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ran distance in high school. Your mile time and 400 are impressive. 800's not quite as good as those two.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say your 400. Not bad at all for a soph.

Ask me to run anything over 100m and I am dead tired.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Ask me to run anything over 100m and I am dead tired.
I was the same way. At the end of 200s I thought my body was going to collapse.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stick with the 400 and dedicate yourself to it. High school track is really fun, especially if you are good at it. Your 25 time in the 200 indicates that you might not be explosive enough for short distance and field events but that 400 time is pretty impressive as a sophmore. Plus I think 400 is a lot more fun than a 800 or mile. I think more people watch the 400 and 4x4 than they do the mile too. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I think more people watch the 400 and 4x4 than they do the mile too.
The one that every one watches is the 100m, which of course was one of the reasons why I loved it.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I always loved watching the 100,200,400, 4x1, 4x4. I wasnt explosive enough for sprints so I stuck with the jumps where I could just use good form to be good. It was pretty sad for the distance runners because everyone just left to get food during the 1 mile and 2 mile haha.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
It was pretty sad for the distance runners because everyone just left to get food during the 1 mile and 2 mile haha.
That's because we could get food and you'd not finish before we got back ;)

Also, I could eat junk food the day of a race, down a can of Monster about 30 minutes before I ran and be fine. You had to watch what you ate.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best is being part of the men's 4x4. There is nobody gone warming up and it's a way to go out in style as a runner and as a track team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The one that every one watches is the 100m, which of course was one of the reasons why I loved it.
4x1 n 4x4 are always the exciting ones. Especially when the meet is on the line between 2 teams running the 4x4.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
4x1 n 4x4 are always the exciting ones. Especially when the meet is on the line between 2 teams running the 4x4.
I loved being the 4x1 anchor.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

4x4 is the best event of meets. Not only is it a crowd favorite, but it's so sick to have a meet come down to one race and see two teams run out of their minds to win.