Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Video Game thread.

Ya, discuss XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, Handhelds, old systems and whatever you want in here...

I figured since we have threads dedicated to just one system, why not do one for video games in general?

I'll start it off by giving my top 10 favorite games of all time.

1. Final Fantasy 7 - Best story of any game I've played, great villain and extremely fun, I've replayed it a few times.

2. Ultima Online - Yes I know this may make some of you go what the hell? I grew up playing this game with my cousins and had some of the funnest times playing this game. The game used to be amazing, but they completely wrecked it. If I were to say this game would even be top 100 all time I would be crazy, but when it comes to the amount of fun I had playing this, it could have easily been #1 on my list.

3. Zelda OOT - N64 classic, the best game for the N64 in my opinion and easily the best Zelda game ever. I remember how much hype this game had, and it came out 2 day before my birthday and thats what I got... I was young when this came out so things like the water temple confused the hell out of me, but it was still extremely fun.

4. Socom 2 - This game was the most fun I have had on the playstation 2 and playing a first/third person shooter. The game was fun and in its own way frustrating as hell. It was the first time I played a game that had a headset to communicate with (I played counter-strike but never used it.) It was different and brought a whole new aspect to playing shooters online for me. Not to mention, it was the first time I really used the PS2 online.

5. Counter-Strike - This game set the standards for PC FPS. Another one of those games I grew up playing with my cousins, easily one of the funnest times I've had playing a game.

6. Starcraft - Everyone has played this and knows why its on this list... If you haven't played this then what the hell.

7. Super Mario RPG - Yeah yeah, not the mario game most would expect to see up here on this list, but it is my favorite game from the Super Nintendo.

8. Halo Series - I can't pinpoint which one I should put here, but I feel like that the amount of fun I have had playing this game with friends earns its spot here... It's a great series and the best console FPS ever.

9. Final Fantasy 10 - Great game, plenty of fun. The story was great and the sphere grid system was awesome, I really enjoyed this game and its my favorite PS2 RPG.

10. Warcraft 3 - Another RTS game that was amazing. This game hasn't really aged at all, its the last RTS that Blizzard has released and it has a large community. Not to mention that they have done a good job with an expansion and releasing new content such as tavern heroes online.

Obviously there are many game I could have put in here, and there are many games that I enjoyed, just none as good as these 10 to me.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FFX was the most fun i ever had playing and RPG

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
FFX was the most fun i ever had playing and RPG

Likewise, I wish I could find FF7, I had downloaded it on my laptop, but I don't use it anymore.

Anyway, I'm inbetween finishing KOTOR or starting Morrowind right now
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dark age of camelot, Counter-strike, and the Total War series.

Everything else was forgettable.
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > All games.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 10 video games of all time...

1. Madden, (PS2) from 2001-2005

2. Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Nintendo)

3. GTA San Andreas (PS2)

4. GoldenEye 007 (Nintendo 64)

5. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)

6. WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64)

7. Halo 3 (XBOX 360)

8. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)

9. Gears of Wars (XBOX 360)

10. Maximo Ghosts to Glory (PS2)
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > All games.
I can't wait for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I can't wait for this game.
For as much as I have played games and as many games I have played, I never got around to any call of duty games, that old-style war stuff isn't for me... I might check COD 4 out, I doubt it though.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
For as much as I have played games and as many games I have played, I never got around to any call of duty games, that old-style war stuff isn't for me... I might check COD 4 out, I doubt it though.
Then you will be missing out my friend. I guess it depends on if you even like FPS games though.

Quote:

Old 11-04-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Then you will be missing out my friend.
Probably ;)

The thing is, alot of games are coming out that I want...

My family has a Wii, 360, PS3... So a game that doesnt really interest me would be another game I have to buy, and I don't make enough money ;)

Old 11-04-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Probably ;)

The thing is, alot of games are coming out that I want...

My family has a Wii, 360, PS3... So a game that doesnt really interest me would be another game I have to buy, and I don't make enough money ;)
Yea, if you're not into it, there's no sense spending the money.

Quote:

Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably get CoD4 right after school on Wednesday. Got a 4 Day weekend (thurs. and fri. off), so that is 48 hours of non-stop play!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

I want Assassins Creed... really bad.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assassin's Creed>CoD4> All games

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP Baseball 2005. Conversation over.

Any way, does anyone have NBA 2K8 for the 360? What do you think?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Assassin's Creed>CoD4> All games
That's high praise for a game you have never played.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am an RPG nerd unfortunately :(

There's a game coming out tommorow I'm gonna get. Remember Marth and roy from SSB? Well they started releasing Fire Emblem's in the states and goddamn they are addicting. They're finnaly actually releasing the one with Marth next year (DS) and one tommorow which is for Wii.

I'm such a nerd. Ugh. And FFX is my favorite game of all time. I never really got into FF7, I beat it but I was never really that interested.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
That's high praise for a game you have never played.
Yes I'm what they call hopelessly optimistic about it.

But Portal has been the most fun I've had playing a game in a long while.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
MVP Baseball 2005. Conversation over.

Any way, does anyone have NBA 2K8 for the 360? What do you think?
Man that game was awesome. I played that so much.

I have 2k7, it's pretty good but I don't know how much they changed for 2k8.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assassin's Creed has "huge disappointment" written all over it if you ask me.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I am an RPG nerd unfortunately :(

There's a game coming out tommorow I'm gonna get. Remember Marth and roy from SSB? Well they started releasing Fire Emblem's in the states and goddamn they are addicting. They're finnaly actually releasing the one with Marth next year (DS) and one tommorow which is for Wii.

I'm such a nerd. Ugh. And FFX is my favorite game of all time. I never really got into FF7, I beat it but I was never really that interested.
I'm gettin that too :o
Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I'm gettin that too :o
We have much to discuss...

Not really, but I dunno, there's just something about those games that makes me want to keep playing. Probably subliminal messaging ;)
Old 11-04-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Assassin's Creed has "huge disappointment" written all over it if you ask me.

Jade Raymond can sell me anything though.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Actually, I'm an RPG guy myself. I used to hate first person shooters, and just recently got interested in them. My love for RPG's has dimmed a bit because I just haven't played any really great RPG's recently, although I did hear that I think it's the Elder Scrolls was a really good game.

Quote: