Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Russell or Garcia?

The question is simple, who should start?

Who ya got?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell should start just because we have so much invested in him and it will benefit us in the long haul. I think we would have a better chance to win now with Garcia though.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

It has to be Russell....he made some strides last year with his decision making and with the new additions at WR we should have an improved passing by the end of the year. There may be some growing pains with WR's at the start, but our passing game can't get any worse from a WR standpoint.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why the hell should the raiders give up on a kid with one year playing time with a 60mil contract i sure hope the raiders dont have such lack of faith on this kid.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither? I'd prefer to have a viable option.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter how good Garcia may look in camp, which he hasn't at all to this point, Russell will be leading the team into week one. After that, it will probably be an issue to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, partly because I’m not expecting Russell to be anymore than an above average starter in his second full season. Garcia is the key to a few more victories this season, and we all know how hungry Al and the coaching staff are for success. I’d say this season even moreso than the last few. We could see a few instances where Russell is pulled in favor of Garcia during the second half of games to try and obtain the W. Our pass protection is still a major concern of mine as well as the majority of the receiving core, which shouldn’t help his cause much.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting Garcia means we have given up on Russell, and I havent

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Neither? I'd prefer to have a viable option.
I always enjoy your posts, however pessimistic they may be ..
Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't think Garcia was payed to start.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Yeah I don't think Garcia was payed to start.
I never said who would start, but rather who should ..

Which QB gives the team the best chance to win this season?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion, its not even a question. Jamarcus Russell WILL and SHOULD be your starter next season. I think getting a veteran that actually did something and knows the game very well around him will do wonders. It is also GREAT insurance having Garcia as a backup. As an Eagle fan, I can remember how he put the Eagles on his back and brought them to the playoffs a couple season ago.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why some people want to start Garcia to WIN NOW. That will make us what? 6-10 instead of 4-12?
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
I don't get why some people want to start Garcia to WIN NOW. That will make us what? 6-10 instead of 4-12?
Nah, more like 8-8. Good enough to take this division. :)
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say this, but come on, Garcia gives us a better chance to win at this point. Russell still cant even hit his rb's out of the backfield consistently, and hasn't looked any better in camp.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think it matters if Russell is outperformed in training camp its his third year and Al wants to prove hes right, I'm pretty sure he'll start at the beggining of the season and even if he plays awful I feel he'll be the starter for quite a while this season before he's replaced.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The day Garcia starts, is the same day Tom Cable is on the hot seat.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I always enjoy your posts, however pessimistic they may be ..
Realism: Not everyone can handle it.

God damn it.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
The day Garcia starts, is the same day Tom Cable is on the hot seat.
The day a coach signs with Oakland is the day he's on the hotseat.

After the Raiders finish below .500 again, I think someone will have to talk Al out of firing him.

Then again, he does seem to be a good little puppet. Maybe Al will keep him around for another season.

God damn it.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I hate to say it because I like the guy but Tom Cable seems like the perfect puppet. I honestly think Al is gonna keep Cable around for a few years.

Last edited by NIN1984 : 06-02-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Go Raiders!!!
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

The thing a lot of people forget is that Russell outplayed Garcia in the season finale at Tampa Bay.

There is nothing wrong about the Jamarcus Russell that finished the season very strong last year. I dont understand people bashing the guy when he showed undeniable improvement (just like the team) in the last 6 games. When Mario Henderson replaced Kwame Harris and the 2 young WRs stepped up their play he became very good. I dont see him that much behind the curve like others.

Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada : 06-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Hmm

Very good points.....when you look at his LT and WR help, you can see why he didn't up looking fantastic for the first 10 games.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
bucsfan784

Coming from a Bucs fan, I'd start Garcia. He is a very underrated QB. Garcia knows how to win games, is very mobile, and is smart with the football. Garcia's numbers may not jump out at you like he is an amazing QB because he isn't, but he can get the job done.