Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 6 teams who missed the playoffs in 08...

...who will likely be home again during the 09 playoffs.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=550099

This is the 3rd part of the series that featured the top 6 teams who missed it last year but will get there this year and the top 6 teams who made it last year but won't this year.

This time around we have the following teams:

1.) Jets
2.) Broncos
3.) Redskins
4.) Bengals
5.) Saints
6.) Packers

So, to straighten this all out, according to Florio's past few "top 6" lists, the 2009 playoffs will look like: (In no particular order)

AFC:
Colts
Pats
Steelers
Ravens
Texans
Chiefs

NFC:
Cowboys
Bears
Seahawks
Eagles
Falcons
Panthers

Just out:
(AFC)
Dolphins
Titans
Chargers
Jets
Broncos
Bengals

(NFC)
Redskins
Saints
Packers
Vikings
Giants
Cardinals

Thoughts?

The other two threads:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33862
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33823

Last edited by BeerBaron : 05-22-2009 at 08:51 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, wuuuuuuut? We make the playoffs? With our schedule? He must live in my fantasy land!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Wait, wuuuuuuut? We make the playoffs? With our schedule? He must live in my fantasy land!
Go in the one link there and find what he said about you and why.....I think it's more terrible division than anything else. Pretty sure he even says in there ".500 could win this division."

I personally think it's the Chargers to lose...they're simply too talented not to make it, especially getting healthy this year.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the chargers to lose alright but Merriman has to stay healthy as dose Rivers for them to stand a chance.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No 49ers.. YAY E YAYEEE

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love my Chiefs, but we are not going to the playoffs!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm happy the giants are being doubted again. We've always played better when people questioned us.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes sense Jason Campbell is trash
Old 05-23-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Go in the one link there and find what he said about you and why.....I think it's more terrible division than anything else. Pretty sure he even says in there ".500 could win this division."

I personally think it's the Chargers to lose...they're simply too talented not to make it, especially getting healthy this year.
I suppose so, but on paper the Chargers are the best team in the West. I have no doubt that a .500 season will win it but there is little hope, with the way our schedule has been made (thanks, NFL!) that we will have a better record than the Chargers. He doesn't have us with a wildcard spot, which imo would be much more believable.. he has us winning the west outright. Insanity I say!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-23-2009 at 02:36 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

LT finally healthy
Sproles to have a bigger role
Rivers one of the best QB's in the league
Merriman is back
You got a great rookie in English
Gates and the wideouts are healthy

Whats holding the Chargers back?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:30 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cowboys over giants, saints, redskins, cardinals all doesnt make sense to me at all.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
LT finally healthy
Merriman is back

Like I said above and in the previous threads, it's the Chargers division to lose. But if they're going to find a way to lose it, right there is your likely reason.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
LT finally healthy
Merriman is back

The HC who is nothing special. With Turner in charge, you cannot put your money on the Chargers.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
I'm happy the giants are being doubted again. We've always played better when people questioned us.
If by people you mean BeerBaron then you are right but I hardly think the vast majority of people will not have the Giants as favourites to win the NFC East.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was from sportingnews not from BB

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
If by people you mean BeerBaron then you are right but I hardly think the vast majority of people will not have the Giants as favourites to win the NFC East.
It wasn't me. In fact, if you actually read the past threads, you would have seen that I strongly disagreed with the Giants being left out.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
cowboys over giants, saints, redskins, cardinals all doesnt make sense to me at all.
lulz, but they're the cowboys!!!!11one!

In all seriousness, I believe that a lot of the Cowboys success is going to depend on Roy Williams chemistry with Romo, who steps up at #2 WR, and how much they're effected by the personnel changes on defense. Who knows about that Saints defense. Skins still have Campbell starting. Sadly, people still dog the Cards, which is ridiculous.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints are NOT a bottom 5 team. What's wrong with this guy? The Saints will win the division imo.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
The Saints are NOT a bottom 5 team. What's wrong with this guy? The Saints will win the division imo.

The Saints have done what? They made the playoffs one time in the last four years and didn't even look like threatening the Panthers or the Falcons last year.

Tampa has been a more threatening team as of late. While yes, they've got the best passing offense in the division that doesn't automatically trump the Falcons who've got a great running game, or any of three defenses in the NFC S which are superior to the Saint's units.

Every year the Saints are picked to take the division and every year other than 06 they've floundered. They sign a corner here or there, or pickup some other team's defensive cast off and it's going to be a revolution.

They're the texans of the NFC South every year they're picked to be the next big thing but every year nothing happens. So don't get outraged when they're not picked to be the cream of the NFC South crop, because right now they're still the third most likely team in that division to make the playoffs.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Giants? I think they're the NFC favorites at this point. They had an insanely good defense last year, lost no one off of it, but add Umenyiora, Boley, Canty, Bernard, and Sintim. I could see the Chiefs considering the success of rookie head coaches lately; the fact that they came close to sweeping the Chargers last year; they add a newer, better QB, and they added some good talent in Zach Thomas, Tyson Jackson, Mike Vrabel, and Bobby Engram. There could be a 7 or 8 win team winning the AFC West this year.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 05-23-2009 at 09:27 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt be surprised to see the skins "first out". i think second out is more likely but its probable i think that we got either 8-8 or 9-7. unless the defense turns out to be top 3 which is possible.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It wasn't me. In fact, if you actually read the past threads, you would have seen that I strongly disagreed with the Giants being left out.
Sorry for missing it, I appologize. If this is the Sporting New's prediction, I'd rate their knowledge as below average not only for the Giants but for the Seahawks and Chiefs as well. At least 5 other teams, the Ravens, Cowboys, Chicago, Carolina, and Falcons are not close to being a sure thing.
That's the trouble with predictions based on little research including the fact that at least 6-8 new teams usually make the playoffs every year based on schedule alone. Just another peice of junk that wasn't worth posting in the 1st place.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

titan hater
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
The Saints have done what? They made the playoffs one time in the last four years and didn't even look like threatening the Panthers or the Falcons last year.

Tampa has been a more threatening team as of late. While yes, they've got the best passing offense in the division that doesn't automatically trump the Falcons who've got a great running game, or any of three defenses in the NFC S which are superior to the Saint's units.

Every year the Saints are picked to take the division and every year other than 06 they've floundered. They sign a corner here or there, or pickup some other team's defensive cast off and it's going to be a revolution.

They're the texans of the NFC South every year they're picked to be the next big thing but every year nothing happens. So don't get outraged when they're not picked to be the cream of the NFC South crop, because right now they're still the third most likely team in that division to make the playoffs.
The Saints have won 25 games the past 3 years. They narrowly missed the playoffs in 2007 and finished .500 in 2008 (despite injury struggles). They have a dynamic (and young) offense and a defense that should improve with Gregg Williams coaching and some additions to the secondary.

Tampa has been a more threatening team as of late? We have 3 less wins in the past 3 years.

No one's expecting a revolution. The Saints have had one of the league's best offenses since Payton and Brees joined. They have the pieces to be a playoff team, and it will be difficult to keep up with their offense once their secondary improves as I anticipate.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the article says the Packers Defense took the fall as if to imply it was unfair. Were they going to shake up the 5th ranked scoring offense?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote