Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Britt becomes legit...the football gods owe us a great reciver by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I hope Britt becomes legit...the football gods owe us a great reciver by now.
As one of the resident Rutgers fans on the board I think you have a very good player with Britt. I like Washington so I could see Britt overtaking Gage halfway into the season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
The Bills will see a pretty good amount of this class early on.

Eric Wood and Andy Levitre are penciled in as our starting guards.

Shawn Nelson looks like he could easily start based on his catching ability alone.

Jairus Byrd ought to step right into a competition at safety. His starting chances depend a lot on where we feel comfortable playing Whitner.

Nic Harris could be a STer, while Cary Harris and Ellis "The Sex" Lankster will need to find some niche or hope for the continued disappointment of Ashton Youboty.

Aaron Maybin will have a featured pass-rushing role that should grow as the time progresses.

Garrison Sanborn is 100000x better than Ryan Neill at snapping long and I pray that he is our new guy.

The Sexxxxxx ftw
Old 05-23-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only rookies I see making an immediate impact are Kraig Urbik and/or Joe Burnett and Mike Wallace. I see Urbik being the RG from day 1 and Burnett and Wallace taking over the return duties. Hood will bring depth, but not make a great impression in his rookie season IMO. Frank Summers could make an impact too if he is our starting FB and short yardage guy.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta Falcons

1. Peria Jerry-Extremely likely to be our starting NT next to Jonathan Babineaux.

2. William Moore- My money is on him winning the SS spot over Thomas DeCoud. I think the coaching staff/FO would like to see him starting as well. If he doesn't full out start, I think we will still see the field in running downs with DeCoud handling passing situations.

3. Christopher Owens- In my estimation Chris Houston has the #1 CB spot on lockdown as does Chevis Jackson with the nickel. (Supposedly we liked Jackson a lot in the nickel, but don't think he can play outside). So depending on his play, he could be the #2 corner or the #4.

4. Lawrence Sidbury Jr.- Should see a good amount of time in 3rd down pass rushing spots.

5. William Middleton- #4/5 corner back or on the PS. Great speed. Could see him as the #5 while doing some things on Special Teams.

5B. Garrett Reynolds- Backup RT.

6. Spencer Adkins- Backup LB. Great physical tools could make him a good ST player. PS perhaps.

7. Vance Walker- Will likely make the team as pure depth along the DL.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Atlanta Falcons

1. Peria Jerry-Extremely likely to be our starting NT next to Jonathan Babineaux.

2. William Moore- My money is on him winning the SS spot over Thomas DeCoud. I think the coaching staff/FO would like to see him starting as well. If he doesn't full out start, I think we will still see the field in running downs with DeCoud handling passing situations.

3. Christopher Owens- In my estimation Chris Houston has the #1 CB spot on lockdown as does Chevis Jackson with the nickel. (Supposedly we liked Jackson a lot in the nickel, but don't think he can play outside). So depending on his play, he could be the #2 corner or the #4.

4. Lawrence Sidbury Jr.- Should see a good amount of time in 3rd down pass rushing spots.

5. William Middleton- #4/5 corner back or on the PS. Great speed. Could see him as the #5 while doing some things on Special Teams.

5B. Garrett Reynolds- Backup RT.

6. Spencer Adkins- Backup LB. Great physical tools could make him a good ST player. PS perhaps.

7. Vance Walker- Will likely make the team as pure depth along the DL.
I think Jerry will struggle at NT, particularly early. He just doesn't have the strength to be a NT even in the 4-3. But neither does Babineuax. I think the Falcons DL will have some struggles against the run this season. They don't have a starter along the interior DL to take up blockers, and offensive linemen will be able to make it to the Falcons LBs. Thats a tough situation for that DL, and the LBs.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Only rookies I see making an immediate impact are Kraig Urbik and/or Joe Burnett and Mike Wallace. I see Urbik being the RG from day 1 and Burnett and Wallace taking over the return duties. Hood will bring depth, but not make a great impression in his rookie season IMO. Frank Summers could make an impact too if he is our starting FB and short yardage guy.
I'm going to take a guess and say no impact at all. Heh, but really, I think you could see 0 rookies make a start for the Steelers this year. Wallace will battle for the third WR spot, Urbik won't start, but will back-up a few positions. Summers likely won't do much unless an injury happens.

So, other than a possible return guy coming out of this class, I'd say little to nothing.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There will be tons of immediate impact from the Broncos draft class...they had tons of holes, so you could see plenty of starters from this class like last year.

Knowshon Moreno-Will most likely be the starter and the workhorse back.

Robert Ayers- Will be Mr. Everything in a hybrid defense. They plan on playing him at OLB and DE so he should be seeing the field a lot this year.

Alphonso Smith- Champ needs someone across from him...Bly is gone, Smith should start off as the nickel at worst. Will cause lots of turnovers, which was a problem last year.

Rulon Davis- UDFA, fills a need at 5 tech DE. Should be part of the rotation.

Chris Baker- UDFA, will most likely be the starter at NT

Richard Quinn- Should see a lot of time in 2 TE sets opposite of Graham.

Kenny Mckinnley- I like him, but I'm not sure if there is space for him to see much time on the field.

The rest of the guys are going to be special teamers and spend time on the bench learning from veterans.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bengals

Andre Smith - Already our starting RT.

Rey Maualuga - The Bengals will find a way to get him on the field, but it may take a little time. He's currently learning how to play SAM, where he'll backup Jeanty. But as the season goes, he could either steal Jeanty's spot or steal some of Dhani Jones' playing time at MLB.

Michael Johnson - He'll be a third down pass rusher. He's also learning how to play SAM.

Chase Coffman - He'll start the season #3 on the depth chart, behind Reggie Kelly and Ben Utecht, but I guarantee you that he doesn't end the season there. I expect him to emerge mid-to-late in the season like John Carlson did last year.

Jonathan Luigs - Is battling for the starting job. If he doesn't get it, he'll still see lots of playing time whether it be at G or C.

Kevin Huber - Bengals cut the other two experienced Punters on their squad. So the job is officially Huber's.

Fui Vakapuna - Competing for the starting FB spot.

Bernard Scott - Trying to get a job as 3rd down back or as a returner.

Quan Cosby - If he makes the team, it'll be because of his Special Teams abilities.

Chris Pressely - Competing for the starting FB spot.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think Jerry will struggle at NT, particularly early. He just doesn't have the strength to be a NT even in the 4-3. But neither does Babineuax. I think the Falcons DL will have some struggles against the run this season. They don't have a starter along the interior DL to take up blockers, and offensive linemen will be able to make it to the Falcons LBs. Thats a tough situation for that DL, and the LBs.

All about quick one gap penetration. Has to use his quickness much more than his strength. And then just let Curtis Lofton run wild.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Maybin - DE
Likely not to see the field as a starter, but rather as a situational pass-rusher. Once he matures and becomes a more well-rounded player he'll become a starter.

Eric Wood - OG
Already a starting guard on the offensive line. I remember reading that once he understands all the line calls and things like that he'll probably shift over to the center position. The Bills are in love with his study habits and tenacity on the field.

Jairus Byrd - S
May not enter the season as the starting safety, but the Bills really like his ball-skills and this alone will force them to get him onto the field. I expect him to be starting along side Whitner by mid-season.

Andy Levitre - OG
Also a starting guard on the Bills' line.

Shawn Nelson - TE
His main competition is Derek Schouman and Derek Fine. He should be the starting TE by the time the season rolls around.

Nic Harris - LB
The Bills have moved him to the OLB position and should be a valuable special-teamer for us.

Cary Harris/Eric Lankster - CB
Will most likely be practice squad players. The Bills are very deep at the CB position atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins:

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois - I expect him to start in the nickel and then become a full-time starter by week 8 as Green is more of a nickel.

Pat White, QB, West Virginia - Will see 15-25 snaps a game in the wildcat and will be the third string QB as well. Might actually be the backup a bunch of games as we won't want him as our "emergency" QB so Henne might not always be active.

Sean Smith, CB, Utah - Will be our dime back all season and will probably see time against bigger receivers like TO and Moss because of his good man coverage skills.

Patrick Turner, WR, USC - Will prolly spend the season as a number four or five that will get lots of red zone looks.

Brian Hartline, WR, Ohio State - Will spend the entire season as the 5th or even 6th receiver and likely wont play on offense but will be a ST demon as that is what he was drafted to do.

John Nalbone, TE, Monmouth - Will be the third string TE and see time on ST

Chris Clemons, S, Clemson - Will also be a ST ace and will be the primary backup at SS.

Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech - Will probably be the top backup at LT.

J.D. Folsom, ILB, Weber State - Might struggle to make the roster due to the numbers at LB but could stick as a ST guy. Likely ends up on the Practice Squad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everette Brown DE Florida: Hand in the dirt pass rusher... expected to contribute early in a rotational role splitting time as a foursome with Peppers, Brayton and Johnson (who was quietly pretty effective last year). I'm expecting around six to seven sacks as a rookie. Team's and analysts seem to focus on Brown's lack of ability in the run game, but it won't be a factor at all, he's a rotational weapon right now, not an every down player.

Sherrod Martin S Troy: The safety / Corner Tweener will be moved to nickel back where it's expect he can use his physicality as Richard Marshall has done for the last few years to be a punishing inside hitter. Again he won't start and it's expected he's caught out of position a few times changing roles in the NFL but he'll see a lot of field time.

Corey Irvin DT Georgia: Great combo of size and speed with relatively raw abilities means that Irvin will be relegated as a backup to Kemoeatu and Lewis. The Panthers have always worked their scheme on the defense with three tackles and haven't had a reliable rotation guy since losing Jenkins. With Jordan Carstens well and truly out of football Irvin is expected to eventually become the rotation guy who can the big men in the middle for a period to give them a breather. New DLine coach is enamoured with his athletic ability, not so much with his technical ability.

Mike Goodson RB Texas A&M: Likely a big time special teams weapon. At 6-0 and 208 pounds he's hardly a small back. Nick Goings for many years filled in on the Panthers as a kick and punt returner, gunner, blocker, runner, fullback, receiver and probably would've sold programs before the game if the team asked him to. Goodsen will step into this kind of JOAT role initially while he's groomed to contribute more in the offense.

Tony Fiametta FB Syracuse: Heir Apparent to Brad Hoover, not likely to see significant time as a rookie, may push for time due to his receiving ability, Hoover has notoriously stone hands.

Duke Robinson G Oklahoma: It's rare for a team to pick up the best guard in the draft this late, but the panthers managed it. After losing their key backups at tackle and guard this offseason it's likely Robinson will see some form of playing time as last year both Otah (ankle) and Vincent (knee) missed some playing time. Robinson figures to be a guard for the Panthers and will likely be the heir to Vincent's position as he's the only member of the line over 30.

Last edited by BlindSite : 05-25-2009 at 02:24 AM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland Browns

Alex Mack - We had a lot of trouble with C and RG last season and after a few trade backs in the first round, we ended up with Mack who can play either spot. Mack is very smart [Draddy Award Winner] and a very good football player [1 sack allowed in his junior and senior campaigns, 2 penalty's in 850 snaps as a senior, All American]. He should contribute on the offensive line right away and although you shouldn't hear his name much, Lewis and Quinn [who is taking reps with the first team] should be better overall by the addition of Mack.

Brian Robiskie - Losing Jurevicius to injury last season really hurt our offense more than people realize. JJ was huge on third downs, and was to big and physical to leave alone. He was a leader for the team, unafraid to go over the middle and had great hands. This year we're replacing the Cleveland native with another big bodied, good handed hometown guy in Robo. Robo should step in right away in the #2 or at worst #3 slot and should have a solid contribution for the season. He most likely will never be a superstar, but if Edwards [who wants to remain in Cleveland, wasn't there someone who's been saying this all along?] comes back to normal, we don't need a superstar, just a complimentary guy and Robo can do that.

Those should be the only starters coming out of the draft.

Veikune should see time in the LB rotation though in both ILB and OLB. Massaquoi could be anywhere from 2-5 in the WR rotation. Maiva should be a contributor on ST right away although I question how much he'll be involved in the defense. Carey and Francies should be battling for the dime back. Davis is interesting; neither he nor Harrison can pick up a blitz but I'll bet that whoever proves to be the better blocking back will find themselves behind Lewis on the depth chart.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland Browns

1 (21): Alex Mack, C, California - In the AFC North, going up against Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, and Kelly Gregg, we need a good center. Hank Fraley got bulldozed last year, and Mack will make a huge impact from the get go. He will instantly be one of the better centers in the league, and I think he'll be the best in the NFL before too long. He will start.

2 (36): Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State - We really missed Joe J. last year, and Robiskie is a more complete version of him. He has great hands and is a very good route runner. He gives us a red zone threat that we really need. He'll start or be our 3rd wide out from the get go.

2 (50): Mohammed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia - He gives us the potential that Robiskie lacks. He could end up as a number one for us, but he'll be our 4th wide out at best this year.

2 (52): David Veikune, LB, Hawaii - He is very strong, smart, and stout against the run. He'll play both outside and inside for us. He'll be on the field from the get go, but may be limited to passing situations.

4 (104): Kaluka Maiva, LB, Southern California - Small linebacker doesn't fit the 3-4 that well. I see him as a nickel linebacker and special teams demon. He'll play special teams right away.

6 (177): Don Carey, DB, Norfolk State - He is very smart and aggressive. He has good upside, and I think he could end up getting moved to safety.

6 (191): Coye Francies, DB, San Jose State - He is very talented and would have gone higher if not for "character issues". He could be our nickel back right away.

6 (195): James Davis, RB, Clemson - Love the pick. He is a senior back who would have been picked much higher if he had left early. He will be our third back behind Jamal Lewis and Jerome Harrison.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

New York Giants
Hakeem Nicks, WR
I think Nicks will win the third WR spot by the end of camp and will push Steve Smith into the slot when we go three wide. Hearing rave reviews about his hands, focus and tenacity going for the football. I think he has a good chance to be our starter by the playoffs if Hixon doesn't step up or Manningham doesn't explode.

Clint Sintim, SLB
Will be a rotational pass rusher, should battle Maurice Evans and Dave Tollefson for the 4th DE role on passing downs. Has a chance to be a starter next season.

William Beatty, LT
Like Sintim he won't see the field much as a rookie, that said I think he'll be a starter next year if he isn't by the playoffs.

Ramses Barden, WR
Again not expecting much, but we'll use his size and athleticism in the redzone.

Travis Beckum, HB
Won't surpass the boss and his blocking will likely preclude him from the second TE role as a rookie, but he'll be another receiving weapon for eli when we spread the field.

Andre Brown, RB
I think he'll beat out Danny Ware for the third RB role and he has a shot to be our receiving back because of his hands and blocking.

Rhett Bomar, QB
Likely practise squad guy if he can't beat Woodson out for the third QB spot.

DeAndre Wright, DB
Stoney Woodson, DB
Both of these guys look to be our 5th CB/4th Safety so Special Teams is where they'll make their impact if they make the team.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Mike Goodsen RB Texas A&M: Likely a big time special teams weapon. At 6-0 and 208 pounds he's hardly a small back. Nick Goings for many years filled in on the Panthers as a kick and punt returner, gunner, blocker, runner, fullback, receiver and probably would've sold programs before the game if the team asked him to. Goodsen will step into this kind of JOAT role initially while he's groomed to contribute more in the offense.
*GOODSON

C'mon, I thought you were the Panthers superfan? haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona Cardinals

1. Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB - not sure if he will start immediately, but he should see substantial playing time and probably starting sooner rather than later.

2. Cody Brown, OLB - most likely will be a backup behind Okeafor to start the season. If Okeafor falters, he will probably move into the starting spot depending on how he performs and progresses.

3. Rashad Johnson, S - will see some playing time in the nickel package, but other than that he will be the backup FS behind Rolle right now.

4. Greg Toler, CB - backup as the 4th/5th CB on the roster. He will need some time to adjust to the pro game, and with that being said he most likely won't see much playing time his first year.

5. Herman Johnson, OG/OT - Big Herman will be tried out at OT, but I doubt he even comes close to starting. Most likely the backup OG behind Reggie Wells.

6. Will Davis - OLB - depending on if he makes the roster or not (which I assume he will), he will probably be used as a situational pass rusher in the 3-4 on 3rd downs.

7a. LaRod Stephens-Howling, RB - 3rd, maybe 4th string RB who will be used primarily in the role J.J. Arrington had with the Cards last year as a change of pace back and kick returner.

7b. Trevor Canfield, OG - most likely will be the back up RG behind Deuce Lutiu. I could see him getting some playing time, and perhaps move into a starting role if one of the guards goes down to injury.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

New York Jets

Mark Sanchez - 50/50 shot of him starting right now in competition with Kellen Clemens.

Shonn Greene - Will most likely see most of his duty at the goal line and short yardage situations.

Matt Slauson - Will backup both guard spots and maybe backup RT. Also could be demoted to ps.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orakpo will start and play a lot.

Barnes will start the year in the dime but I think will earn his way into the nickle by mid season.

Not expecting much from anyone else this year.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
All about quick one gap penetration. Has to use his quickness much more than his strength. And then just let Curtis Lofton run wild.
He can make those quick plays, but when he takes on double teams (which will happen since he is the NT) he will be neutralized fairly easily, then one of the blockers will be able to peel off of him and take on Lofton a lot easier than if they had a true 4-3 NT. Of course he can make some plays inthe backfield using his penetration, but with better OL up against him, he will have less opportunities to make those types of plays in the run game. He can still do it for sure, but once he has a Linemen latched on him, especially if he is double teamed, he will have a hard time making plays. I think they will get plenty of pressure and sacks with that DL, but with the lack of a true run stuffer on the interior, I think that defense may be vulnerable to the run game there...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SDC

1. Larry English OLB: The plan is to get the boy on the field with Phillips and Merriman, which should be stellar to watch. However, the other advantage is that the Bolts will continue to have a pass rush in the clutch, something that dried up all too often last year. I don't know how much of last year's anemic pass rush would have been solved by Merriman's return, but doubling down and picking up a guy like English takes a lot of the risk out of the equation. I expect him to pick the game up quickly, he looks ferocious.

3. Louis Vasquez OG: The coaches rave, he's huge, can work hard and get a push in the running game, and protect in the passing game. Can't ask for much more, he's challenging for a starting spot in freaking minicamp so I expect him to get on the field this year.

4. Vaughn Martin DE/DT: 6'3 330 and I swear I would have pegged him at 260 or 70. He carries it that well. Freaky Canadian athlete with unlimited ceiling type. This year? He'll see the DE rotation, because the guys in front of him are Ryon Bingham and Jacque Cesaire.

4.b. Gartrell Johnson RB: Yay downhill runner. The Jacob Hester pick last year may have been horrific but at least AJ realized pretty quickly how idiotic it was. There will be plenty of situations for Gartrell to pick up first downs, and he keeps a very fine blog as well.

4.c. Tyronne Green OC: Burly backup center. Fits a need but hopefully won't need to do much.

5. Brandon Hughes CB: Not sure what to expect, the CB package is locked up 4 or 5 deep so I'm betting Hughes ends up on the practice squad.

6. Kevin Ellison, SS: To my surprise and delight, coaches are on the record with their Ellison love and that he'll be staying at safety. It won't take much to beat out Clinton Hart and barring an emergence from Paul Oliver, there's not much behind him. Ellison and Vasquez are the two rookies considered to be in a battle for a starting spot. I'd like to see some big hits out of our safety spots, it's been too long.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Tennessee Titans

Gerald McRath-OLB-He will be the first guy off the bench if Keith Bulluck or David Thorton get hurt. Looks like a good apprentice for Keith and will play alot of ST.
I actually think OLB is 2 deep before McRath - I can see Tulloch being shoved outside and Fowler inside if there is an OLB injury. Other than that, I think Keglar will have the inside track on the first natural OLB backup. Keglar basically was last year's McRath for the Titans.

Fisher hasn't been so reluctant lately in letting rookies jump up the depth charts as he once was, but McRath would have to be very impressive. I think he'll use 2009 as a year to get his body more NFL ready, with some ST work.

Fun facts sponsored by Wikipedia - Stanford Keglar's middle name is "Sherlock", and he was born on July 4th.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He can make those quick plays, but when he takes on double teams (which will happen since he is the NT) he will be neutralized fairly easily, then one of the blockers will be able to peel off of him and take on Lofton a lot easier than if they had a true 4-3 NT. Of course he can make some plays inthe backfield using his penetration, but with better OL up against him, he will have less opportunities to make those types of plays in the run game. He can still do it for sure, but once he has a Linemen latched on him, especially if he is double teamed, he will have a hard time making plays. I think they will get plenty of pressure and sacks with that DL, but with the lack of a true run stuffer on the interior, I think that defense may be vulnerable to the run game there...

I see what you are saying. I thought similar things myself. It's going to be interesting to how we play things. I'm sure TD/Mike Smith had to know this going in, and could have easily drafted someone like Darius Butler if he wasn't a fit. I wish I could elaborate further, but we plan on changing our D to a much more attacking style this season. I remember Keith Brooking saying on a good bye that Lofton was going to be a star not only because of his talent, but because they system was being designed to make Lofton have a Ray Lewis like responsibility. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1(6). Andre Smith - Will be the team's starting Right Tackle with Andrew Whitworth moving out to Left Tackle and Nate Livings penciled in as the starter at LG. Already has began work with the first unit. It seems the plan all along was for Smith to be the team's RT of the future and I'm psyched for that.

2(38). Rey Maualuga - The team has more or less led on that Rey is one of the team's top Linebackers and could be the starter at SLB this year and MLB in the near future. It is possible he is a top backup/Special teamer in his rookie year, but it is more likely he claims either the starting SLB or MLB job by midseason.

3(70). Michael Johnson - Has gotten reps at both Defensive End and SLB early. He will likely be used sparingly as a pass-rusher this year and be groomed further for that role and perhaps even as the team's SLB/DE in time. Don't expect to see Johnson too much outside of Special Teams where his length makes him an asset to block kicks/punts and his athletic ability makes him a nice option on coverage units.

3(97). Chase Coffman - Very uncertain. Coffman really hasn't been able to be penciled in anywhere due to an injured foot. Right now he's #3 or #4 behind Reggie Kelly, Ben Utecht, and perhaps second year pro Adam Sherry. He should be healthy by training camp and should get the opportunity to battle Ben Utecht to become the team's primary receiving TE. Once he gets healthy and absorbs the playbook, he'll likely build a rapport with Carson Palmer and the sky will be the limit when concerning the depth chart.

4(106). Jonathan Luigs - Will be a backup this season at Guard and Center. He played Center all through college but the Bengals would like to teach him to play the Guard positions as well. If starter, Kyle Cook, blows his chance as the starting Center, then Luigs may be able to claim a starting spot. Assuming the line goes as plans this year, Luigs will be on the depth chart as a backup Guard and Center.

5(142). Kevin Huber - With the release of Kyle Larson, the incumbent starter, and Ryan Plackemeier, who the team had claimed off waivers after the season, it looks like Huber is firmly and confidently the starter at Punter. The team has raved about his control and leg strength.

6(179). Morgan Trent - Will be a reserve, but may see time judging by the durability (or lack thereof) of the Bengals defensive backs in recent years. He is likely penciled in as the team's #5 CB behind Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, David Jones, and Simeon Castille.

6(209). Bernard Scott - Explosiveness, quickness, and receiving prowess out of the backfield have Scott likely to make the team. He is going to be the 3rd back behind Cedric Benson and Brian Leonard, but could see touches due to the fact that he really offers something different than those two. If he acts up he may very well lose the active roster spot to second year player James Johnson or DeDe Dorsey.

7(215). Fui Vakapuna - Is currently part of a three way battle for the starting Fullback spot with veteran Jeremi Johnson and UDFA Chris Pressley. Fui offers more out of the backfield than the others, but gives up a bit in strength and polish as a player. Team has been in love with him since his Pro Day and he definitely stands a chance to consistently work his way on to the active roster and field as a 7th Round rookie.

7(249). Clinton McDonald - A late 7th Round rookie with some ability who is certainly unique in his quickness. Due to the loss of veteran John Thornton and trade of reserve DT Orien Harris, he may have a chance at the active roster behind Peko, Pat Sims, Tank Johnson, and Jason Shirley. He also adds the potential to play DE and DT on passing downs.

7(252). Freddie Brown - The least likely to make the active roster due to the logjam that is our WR position. Must beat out Mario Urrutia, Maurice Purify, David Richmond, and Greg Orton to even have a chance. Chad Ochocinco, Laverneus Coles, Chris Henry, Andre Caldwell, and Jerome Simpson will be 5 of the likely active 6, with that 6th spot going to Antonio Chatman or Quan Cosby due to special teams/slot ability.

Notable UDFA's:

Chris Pressley - FB - Wisconsin
- Surprisingly battling for the starting Fullback spot with Vakapuna and Jeremi Johnson. Is a pure lead-blocker. He is smart, tough, and strong and looks like he should have been drafted.

Quan Cosby - WR - Texas
- If he proves himself, he'll make Antonio Chatman expendable and may even have a shot at the active roster. Offers punt return value as well as the ability to play in the slot.

Tom Nelson - S - Illinois State
- A pleasant surprise of the minicamps thus far. Nelson has a chance at reserve Safety/Cornerback job due to surprising maturity, athleticism, willingness to learn, and return ability. A sleeper to not only compete, but win the starting Punt Return job. Could force Quan Cosby (a 6th WR) to the practice squad due to that return ability and position.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote