Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

DenverDex needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Great comeback, this reasoning is solid but I still think Denver is in serious trouble and I'm not sold on McDanials delivering the goods. I think his inexperience is too obvious to ignore and I don't think he is ready yet to deliver. I'll be very surprised if his inexperience doesn't sell well to his players and they leave him hanging out to dry once they realize he is in way over his head. Sometimes hiring exceptionally young HC's has serious drawbacks and I think it will soon be obvious that McDanials was a bad hire.
I think McDaniels can be an excellent head coach in this league. The question is, is it with the Broncos? Do his players buy into what he's selling with some of the larger mistakes he's made? Its hard to know. I'm more positive than most on it because the fact that with the exception of Tony Scheffler, Jays best friend on this team, no one on the team said anything positive about Cutler as he left or negative about McDaniels when the big trade went down.

I think this means a lot, its been pretty common news that Cutler wasn't the most popular guy on the team. At least not popular to the defense. I'm actually not worried about the defense buying into the system, because I think the combination of Dawkins bringing leadership and the opportunity for a fresh start with a new coaching staff will help.

All the new offensive players should buy it, but for the most part can our O-line and receiving groups buy into the changes? We'll have to see. I personally think we're going to have an average year which is 7 or 8 wins. We won't be in the AFC west cellar though.

Last edited by DenverDex : 05-26-2009 at 03:05 AM.
DenverDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDex View Post
Haha, Russel, QB of the future? Good luck with that Somebody that has all the physical talent in the world, but has no brains to play in today's NFL. I'll give you that I might have undervalued your TE. But my point is, everyone putting the Raiders over the Broncos based on soley the QB position is a JOKE.
Hmmmm if i can recall didnt you guys trade away your franchise quarterback of your team? I think its far worse to trade away a proven young pro bowl quarterback then putting some faith on a young quarterback who still has a lot to prove. What denver did was pretty much throwing away the lottery ticket to be contenders in the division year in and year out for 10+ years with that trade. Denver's only highlight last year was Cutler and yes one player will drastically change your team especially when that player was the face of the franchise and the leader of that team. The Games you won was due to Cutler's being able to keep that offense on that field and scoring points we both know Broncos D couldn't hold a high school team out of the endzone let alone any team from the NFL.

So with that said, how will your team fare any better then they did last year? Has the defense improved? Who is compensating for the talent they traded away in Cutler who btw was the best player on your team? I just think there is no room to talk, yeah people will bash for what the raiders have done now and in the past with bone head moves, but they never traded away a young franchise quarterback who was the best player on the team for a couple of first round picks lol. Now good luck with that!!!

Last edited by Kurve : 05-26-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think McDaniels can be an excellent head coach in this league. The question is, is it with the Broncos? Do his players buy into what he's selling with some of the larger mistakes he's made? Its hard to know. I'm more positive than most on it because the fact that with the exception of Tony Scheffler, Jays best friend on this team, no one on the team said anything positive about Cutler as he left or negative about McDaniels when the big trade went down.

I think this means a lot, its been pretty common news that Cutler wasn't the most popular guy on the team. At least not popular to the defense. I'm actually not worried about the defense buying into the system, because I think the combination of Dawkins bringing leadership and the opportunity for a fresh start with a new coaching staff will help.

All the new offensive players should buy it, but for the most part can our O-line and receiving groups buy into the changes? We'll have to see. I personally think we're going to have an average year which is 7 or 8 wins. We won't be in the AFC west cellar though.
Also keep in mind that when the season starts McDaniels will be in his element. He has had a tough run so far as HC and many people questioned his experience to handle this role, but there is no-one knocking his skills when it comes to Xs and Os. If he shows that he can hold his own once the play-calling starts, then all this off-season stuff will be forgiven (and the experience will make him a better coach for it). Players as well as fans like winning, and if he shows that his game plans are capable of that (even if he doesnt have the horses to get him the wins just yet), then the players and fans will be onboard pretty quick. If Denver goes 0-16, well then he may have an extremely short coaching career, but I dont see that happening. I think he is on the right track, but it isnt a track that will bring immediate results.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
Hmmmm if i can recall didnt you guys trade away your franchise quarterback of your team? I think its far worse to trade away a proven young pro bowl quarterback then putting some faith on a young quarterback who still has a lot to prove. What denver did was pretty much throwing away the lottery ticket to be contenders in the division year in and year out for 10+ years with that trade. Denver's only highlight last year was Cutler and yes one player will drastically change your team especially when that player was the face of the franchise and the leader of that team. The Games you won was due to Cutler's being able to keep that offense on that field and scoring points we both know Broncos D couldn't hold a high school team out of the endzone let alone any team from the NFL.

So with that said, how will your team fare any better then they did last year? Has the defense improved? Who is compensating for the talent they traded away in Cutler who btw was the best player on your team? I just think there is no room to talk, yeah people will bash for what the raiders have done now and in the past with bone head moves, but they never traded away a young franchise quarterback who was the best player on the team for a couple of first round picks lol. Now good luck with that!!!
I never said this team will be better than last years. But then again last years only won 8 games. So getting 7-8 wins shouldn't be out of the picture.

Put the Broncos at 3rd or 4th for all I care. I don't see how we're worse than the Raiders though and I don't see how people think the Raiders are a team on the rise. The Raiders didn't trade away a good QB? Wow, that's cool, since they don't even have one to trade away. I'd suggest you clearly read my posts, because I've answered most of the points in this post. Our defense even if it stays at rank 32 is no way going to be as bad as last years. Its virtually impossible.

Oh and let me remind everyone while we had a top 5 offense, we still were only 16th in points scored. Hopefully the addition of some running backs will help our red zone efficiency when we actually get there.

Last edited by DenverDex : 05-26-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Also keep in mind that when the season starts McDaniels will be in his element. He has had a tough run so far as HC and many people questioned his experience to handle this role, but there is no-one knocking his skills when it comes to Xs and Os. If he shows that he can hold his own once the play-calling starts, then all this off-season stuff will be forgiven (and the experience will make him a better coach for it). Players as well as fans like winning, and if he shows that his game plans are capable of that (even if he doesnt have the horses to get him the wins just yet), then the players and fans will be onboard pretty quick. If Denver goes 0-16, well then he may have an extremely short coaching career, but I dont see that happening. I think he is on the right track, but it isnt a track that will bring immediate results.
No one thought Crennel and Weis wouldn't be good HC's either and neither of them has a job now. Mangini has been fired once already and is looking shaky in Cleveland. BB's coordinators actually have a poor track record as HC's so whose to say McDanials is any better???
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do believe the Chargers finish first, with Merriman now back and picking up solid players in the draft they will cruise in the afc west. I think Mcdaniels will struggle in Denver, Oakland can be a wild card team if the defense gets stops and the offensive line plays better, and the Chiefs i havent quite understood some of the moves they have performed in the off season but its all on Cassel IMO
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be the ugliest division in football by far. If San Diego doesn't win at least 5 of the 6 division games then they should see it as a failure
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sold on the Chargers winning this division. I've got the Chiefs going 4-2 in this division (sweep Oakland and split the others). But that doesn't mean they win it.

People are underselling Denver by a lot. This is just a side effect of how much people are railing on McDaniels. He made a personel decision that most people don't agree with, that doesn't mean the entire team is turning to ****. The Broncos are insanely talented and did nothing but add to that talent level in the off-season. Their defense will be better by leaps and bounds, and the offense will be different, but just as (if not more) productive.

San Diego...not sure what to think. They underachieve all year, then hit a soft spot in their schedule and pull a playoff seed out of their ass. Then **** the bed in the playoffs. This is nothing new from this team or from Norv Turner. If they start slow again, don't expect another great rebound because the other teams might not be amazing, but they're all much better organized than they were a year ago.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I am not sold on the Chargers winning this division. I've got the Chiefs going 4-2 in this division (sweep Oakland and split the others). But that doesn't mean they win it.

People are underselling Denver by a lot. This is just a side effect of how much people are railing on McDaniels. He made a personel decision that most people don't agree with, that doesn't mean the entire team is turning to ****. The Broncos are insanely talented and did nothing but add to that talent level in the off-season. Their defense will be better by leaps and bounds, and the offense will be different, but just as (if not more) productive.

San Diego...not sure what to think. They underachieve all year, then hit a soft spot in their schedule and pull a playoff seed out of their ass. Then **** the bed in the playoffs. This is nothing new from this team or from Norv Turner. If they start slow again, don't expect another great rebound because the other teams might not be amazing, but they're all much better organized than they were a year ago.
The Broncos defense might actually be worse than it was last year. The only one of the free agents that they added that will make any kind of impact is Dawkins, they have like 50 defensive backs over 30 years old, they still have no defensive line, their linebackers are okay at the very best, and Mike Nolan is the defensive coordinator.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Warpig
Rookie

Warpig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I appreciate the Chiefs love but I think people are failing to really look at the bigger picture.

Over the first 8 games we could potentially be 0-8. I know every team COULD be, theoretically, but we realistically could be. This is how our first 8 games go:

@Ravens, Raiders, @Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, @Redskins, @Chargers, @Jags.

Between weeks 3 and 6 we play the entire NFC East. This is a TOUGH schedule. Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if we won 7 games, but anything more than 4 wins this year seems unlikely. Not that I don't like what we've done in the offseason/free agency/draft, for the most part I do, but with anyone would have a tough time with a schedule like ours, and I'm not sure our defense is ready for these teams.
Finally a grounded Chiefs fan!

I agree that this division is the Chargers barring a melt down of epic proportions.

After that, I always go with "defense wins championships". Obviously, the 3 remaining teams in this division won't be winning any type of championships, but I'd rank them according to their defenses.

Oakland - has a pretty solid defense if they can just get the DL to step up. They have arguably the best corner in the league and a solid LB corps. They also have explosiveness on offense...though perhaps somewhat inconsistent. It all relies on Russell.

Denver - Denver and KC went back and forth trying to be the worst defense in the league last year. But Denver still has Champ Bailey taking away one side of the field and they brought in Brian Dawkins at Safety. They also have a very good LB corps. Their D-line was the weakness last year and injuries to the LB corps. They still have playmakers at all the offensive skill positions and a game manager (think Trent Dilfer) in Orton. I just don't trust McDaniels.

Kansas City - Yuck. Questionable O-line. No consistency at WR (yes, they have Bowe but I believe he led the league in dropped passes last year). You can say they brought in Engram, but he's a 36 year old posession guy who will not help you forget about losing Tony G. A huge question mark at QB. I am in no way sold on Cassel and I think he is greatly overhyped. What's gonna happen in the backfield? Will LJ straighten up? Use Jamaal Charles like JJ Arrington? Now...let's talk about the lack of a defense. Talk about forcing square pegs into round holes. They have a solid, young secondary, but how long does it take before Pioli and Haley overhaul that with "their guys"? They don't have any LB's that fit a 3-4 system other than Zach Thomas who is collecting SS checks at the moment. Vrabel is a no show and is also on the wrong side of 30 and it wouldn't surprise me if he retires! DJ is a 4-3 LB...and yes, there is a difference so he probably won't last long. Then there is the d-line...or lack thereof. You have 1/3 of what you need for a 3-4 d-line in Tyson. And he was a HUGE reach where they drafted him. All the other d-linemen they have are 4-3 guys. This is gonna be an atrocious team.

I know everyone has those offseason rose colored goggles on, but I honestly don't see anyway the Chiefs can win more than 3 games. Sure...ANYTHING can happen on any given Sunday. But on paper, these guys are a joke.

I think the division plays out like this:

1 - Chargers
2 - Broncos
3 - Raiders
4 - Chiefs (possibly picking #1 overall in 2010)
Warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
The Broncos defense might actually be worse than it was last year. The only one of the free agents that they added that will make any kind of impact is Dawkins, they have like 50 defensive backs over 30 years old, they still have no defensive line, their linebackers are okay at the very best, and Mike Nolan is the defensive coordinator.
There is no way. It is impossible, our 2008 defense was the worst defense ever put on a field in the NFL. Mostly because of the scheme we ran. We got rid of the worst coordinator of all time. Our defense might still be bad, but it wont be that bad.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just noticed that the line on the Broncos wins this year has opened at 7.5 in Vegas. I assume that all the people lining up to anoint the Broncos as the new worst team in the league are now gonna put their money where their mouth is and jump all over the under on this?????
Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no way. It is impossible, our 2008 defense was the worst defense ever put on a field in the NFL. Mostly because of the scheme we ran. We got rid of the worst coordinator of all time. Our defense might still be bad, but it wont be that bad.
No, you added the worst defensive coordinator of all time. Get ready for constant 5 defensive back sets with the linebackers playing 10 yards off of the LoS.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
No, you added the worst defensive coordinator of all time. Get ready for constant 5 defensive back sets with the linebackers playing 10 yards off of the LoS.
NOPE. Bob Slowik holds that title =p. Nothing beats lining a safety up 30 yards down the field and giving the other team 10 yard cushions the whole game.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just noticed that the line on the Broncos wins this year has opened at 7.5 in Vegas. I assume that all the people lining up to anoint the Broncos as the new worst team in the league are now gonna put their money where their mouth is and jump all over the under on this?????
I would have no trouble taking those odds and betting against Denver. The book makers know that most of the money bet on any game comes from home town fans and they try to suck as much money out of them as possible before telling anybody what they really think.
If your so convinced that Denver will met those odds, why don't you take out a sizable bet on them. I'd be willing to bet, you aren't as confident as you say.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
I would have no trouble taking those odds and betting against Denver. The book makers know that most of the money bet on any game comes from home town fans and they try to suck as much money out of them as possible before telling anybody what they really think.
If your so convinced that Denver will met those odds, why don't you take out a sizable bet on them. I'd be willing to bet, you aren't as confident as you say.
When did I ever say anything that even resembled a claim that Denver would win 8 games? In fact I said that I doubted any team in the AFC West except SD would win 6 games! My last post is referring to the fact some people think Denver will be Detroit-bad this year because of McDaniels and losing Cutler. It has nothing to do with how good I think Denver will be.

I know there are people like you around that dont read others posts and just like to try and make themselves heard, but come on man, at least skim read everyones post in the thread before saying stupid things.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

Well at least you admit yourself that you don't know what you're thinking. Hm it must be a coincidence that the Chargers started winning when LT, Gates, and Jamal Williams finally got healthy. And seriously, how do you bash their playoff runs? Yah they really sucked barely losing the AFC Championship without their stars...darn they were such a mess last year taking down the Colts, barely losing to the Steelers without Merriman. I make it a point to reserve my neg repping for non-homer purposes and I'll stick to that, but damn please align your opinion with common sense.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers and it won't be close. Last season they finished very strong, at the start of the year their were losing a ton of very close games.

The Broncos finished badly plus they lost Cutler and didn't do all that much to fix the Defense. They will regress.

The Chiefs got Cassell and he should provide some kind of an upgrade. They added a little to the D, but they still have lots of work to move to a 3-4.

And the Raiders are the Raiders.

Easiest division to project by far.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Chargers - The most talented team in the division.

2. Raiders - Finished the season strong by winning their last two games against two teams who were fighting for a playoff spot. Russell looked better at the tail end of the season. McFadden was suffering from two turf toe injuries and i've read that he is healthy and looking fast again. Michael Bush ran for 150+ yards in the last game against Tampa so it's safe to say he is healthy and him and McFadden could be a great 1-2 punch. I think the offense will be better this year. The Defense should be slightly better as well, and the Raiders are good at special teams Higgins/Lechler/Janikowski.

3. I think it's really a tossup with Chiefs/Broncos. I'm not sure what either team will do. Both teams made huge changes and it will be interesting to see how these teams play.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely have the Chargers as the favorite and they could be one of the elite AFC teams if they play consistent and the secondary steps it up. Outside of that its a crap shoot, the Raiders are really talented but who the heck knows what they are ever gonna do, Russell has the skills but no work ethic and lazy QB's never make it. Then the Chiefs and Broncos have so much change that they could go any direction.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When did I ever say anything that even resembled a claim that Denver would win 8 games? In fact I said that I doubted any team in the AFC West except SD would win 6 games! My last post is referring to the fact some people think Denver will be Detroit-bad this year because of McDaniels and losing Cutler. It has nothing to do with how good I think Denver will be.

I know there are people like you around that dont read others posts and just like to try and make themselves heard, but come on man, at least skim read everyones post in the thread before saying stupid things.
Of course nobody knows what the future will bring? What we are saying is that the odds favour Denver flopping this coming season and McDanials having serious problems as a young HC. We base this judgment on a # of things, loss of your franchise QB, disbelief in Orton as the solution, don't believe for a moment that your defense will be much improved as it will have to stay on the field a lot longer without Cutler running the offense, and that McDanials showed his immaturity/inexperience as a HC in the Cutler fiasco and the trade of your #1 pick and that these types of errors in judgment will show up again in his HC duties with his players. Does this guarantee Denver WILL stink, NO, it is only a calculated guess. The games still have to be played out on the field before it really means anything. How we feel about the coming season in the scheme of things has zero impact. However, based on what we believe, we see Denver in last place, very lucky to attain 4 wins. Sorry, but that is how I see it.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course nobody knows what the future will bring? What we are saying is that the odds favour Denver flopping this coming season and McDanials having serious problems as a young HC. We base this judgment on a # of things, loss of your franchise QB, disbelief in Orton as the solution, don't believe for a moment that your defense will be much improved as it will have to stay on the field a lot longer without Cutler running the offense, and that McDanials showed his immaturity/inexperience as a HC in the Cutler fiasco and the trade of your #1 pick and that these types of errors in judgment will show up again in his HC duties with his players. Does this guarantee Denver WILL stink, NO, it is only a calculated guess. The games still have to be played out on the field before it really means anything. How we feel about the coming season in the scheme of things has zero impact. However, based on what we believe, we see Denver in last place, very lucky to attain 4 wins. Sorry, but that is how I see it.
Plus they're switching to a brand new defensive system and will feel growing pains. Switching to the 3-4 doesn't just magically make your defense better, and blaming last year's failures solely on scheme is very shortsighted. Players not plays.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote