Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, LaRon Landry, Chris Horton, Rocky McIntosh, Chris Samuels, Jon Jansen, Anthony Montgomery, Carlos Rogers.....thanks for the unintelligent comment
Jason Cambell, Patrick Ramsey, Lavar Arrington, Ron Gardner, Kenard Lang, Michael Westbrook.

Although you guys picked champ, so that does excuse everything.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, LaRon Landry, Chris Horton, Rocky McIntosh, Chris Samuels, Jon Jansen, Anthony Montgomery, Carlos Rogers.....thanks for the unintelligent comment

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick ---------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Lavar Arrington, Ron Gardner, Kenard Lang, Michael Westbrook.
Unintelligent, my Crimson Tide ass. I have a Master's degree, do you?

Sean Taylor -- RIP -- I'll give you, Landry was a find true but no Taylor reincarnated, Cooley a young player & a work in progress, the rest has-beens & never-wases. Note that the "good" Skins draft picks were in the top 5, like Samuels from my school & why didn't you mention Lavar Arrington picked next from him? Lot of busts in DC. Kudos to thedecider's post above post ^^^^^ he forgot to mention Heath Schuler though.

And I admit I was a big Arrington & Westbrook fan, heartbreaking busts, both of them.

Didn't dispute that Snyder has have the FA addiction disease, has any team signed more offseason FAs?...... yes, funny you should ask, I'm a Dallas fan. Loved Joe Gibbs though, both times, one of the last highly moral HCs in the NFL who actually won SB games.

Still sticking with my original prediction here, the Skins will have a 4th or 5th rounder removed, that's a wrist slap.

Last edited by LizardState : 05-26-2009 at 04:09 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you read some of his interviews you wouldnt think so.
Pretty sure i would still think so....Would him telling me he's 'going to fulfill his contact' change my thought process? Does he sound like he's ready to go? Lets be serious, he just got a monster contract, he better at least sounds motivated, and damn well better play it. However, take the length of his contract, devide by 2, and hope you get that many years of motivated play.

I never said it is a lock, and you can argue either way. I'm just saying, that is what i'm thinking. Take it or leave it. Words mean nothing.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Sean Taylor -- RIP -- I'll give you, Landry was a find true but no Taylor reincarnated, Cooley a young player & a work in progress, the rest has-beens & never-wases. Note that the "good" Skins draft picks were in the top 5, like Samuels from my school & why didn't you mention Lavar Arrington picked next from him? Lot of busts in DC.

Didn't dispute that Snyder has have the FA addiction disease, has any team signed more offseason FAs?...... yes, funny you should ask, I'm a Dallas fan.
Depends on your definition of a bust i guess. I'd say he listed a bunch of good player. However, putting Jansen in is going back a decent length of time, as he is no pup. Lots of teams could make a list if that is what your going at. How long has Samuels been in the league too?

I would disagree though, as Landry, Cooley, Taylor, and Rogers are (were) highly rated players at their positions. MacIntosh is solid when healthy, and Horton is a good player, and even better when considering his draft position.

I don't agree with either of you fully to be honest and think it is a not so great arguement on either side....

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sean Taylor -- RIP -- I'll give you, Landry was a find true but no Taylor reincarnated, Cooley a young player & a work in progress, the rest has-beens & never-wases. Note that the "good" Skins draft picks were in the top 5, like Samuels from my school & why didn't you mention Lavar Arrington picked next from him? Lot of busts in DC. Kudos to thedecider's post above post ^^^^^ And I admit I was a big Arrington & Westbrook fan, heartbreaking busts, both of them.

Didn't dispute that Snyder has have the FA addiction disease, has any team signed more offseason FAs?...... yes, funny you should ask, I'm a Dallas fan. Loved Joe Gibbs though, both times, one of the last highly moral HCs in the NFL who actually won SB games.

Still sticking with my original prediction here, the Skins will have a 4th or 5th rounder removed, that's a wrist slap.

Cooley a work in progress? This thread should be locked it's not even about Haynesworth anymore and the worst that will happen is a loss of a late round pick which Snyder obviously doesn't give a **** about.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly, after the 3rd round, the Skins FO is throwing darts blindfolded at their board to find players.

Except for Chris Horton, ( Vinny had an inside tip on him from a UCLA DB coach), and Montgomery, the players listed by toddmlazarchick were either top 10-12 picks in the 1st round, or 2nd and 3rd round picks.

As a SKins fan, I don't like putting the franchise's dirt out there in public, but come on, we suck at the draft(!!), and until the Danny stops picking players, pissing away picks and brings in a real GM, the SB will be one long flashback from the 80s.

EDIT: Decider13's list was even worse - all 1st rounders.

It takes real talent to fail on players in the first.

Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins : 05-25-2009 at 07:03 PM.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crap well I guess no one should ever be picked from the Titans because Jeff Fisher and company know all. Dude please. To say that Haynesworth will be less of a player in DC because of the history of players leaving Tennessee is pulling arguments out of your ass and hoping they stick. I have articles from your own players stating the Albert not only brings his game with him but also makes others around him much better. Thats adding to the #4 ranked defense last year.

If he plays better there than he did in Tennessee I will eat my own socks (I will have pictures) and convert to a Lions fan. No way, no how. And yes Jeff Fisher Knows more than your **** for brains owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I said it when he was a Titan. He is a special pass rusher and is def. one of the top DT in the leauge. But he is not this brute agianst the run that the media hypes him up to be. He chases no one but the QB and he is not this consistant game changer week in and out. He wil see about 55% of the snaps a game and is a lock to miss between 2-4 games a season. Great player and I wish he were still a Titan but he isnt the sole awnser for the redskins and if you think he is going to be as good there as he was here his history and the titans history says otherwise.
The thing about Albert was he wasn't a playoff player. He never once made it 16 games without being dinged up, and once he gets dinged up, he's not the same player. He seems to dial it back big time.

Look at the Ravens game - he was a non factor in every sense. He made no significant impact really, and yet that wasn't the reason why the Titans lost. He may as well have not been there. So he's almost always going to be a much lesser player by January, and the Titans don't pay players like that.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Jason Cambell, Patrick Ramsey, Lavar Arrington, Ron Gardner, Kenard Lang, Michael Westbrook.

Although you guys picked champ, so that does excuse everything.
I forgot the Redskins are the ONLY team to never have a draft pick work out as planned. I never said we never had busts but to say we do a horrible job with the picks we have/had is asinine.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:

Sean Taylor -- RIP -- I'll give you, Landry was a find true but no Taylor reincarnated, Cooley a young player & a work in progress, the rest has-beens & never-wases. Note that the "good" Skins draft picks were in the top 5, like Samuels from my school & why didn't you mention Lavar Arrington picked next from him? Lot of busts in DC. Kudos to thedecider's post above post ^^^^^ And I admit I was a big Arrington & Westbrook fan, heartbreaking busts, both of them.

Please you dont want to start comparing my education...

Landry was never supposed to be another Sean Taylor, no one will ever be. Cooley a work in progress? Are you serious? Thats just plain Cowboy bias. Not to mention the fact that your very own Dallas coach was the one who met with Cooley before his draft and told him he was planning on drafting him in or around the 7th round for ST purposes only. Boy am I glad you guys were spot on with that one! Chris Samuels a never was? Its hard to even take you serious. You sure didnt learn a damn thing with that degree did you? Please dont make me dig up the ever increasing list of Dallas Cowboys 2nd round picks. A round where you should find a starter/good depth for your team. What a joke!

2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
Old 05-26-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Pretty sure i would still think so....Would him telling me he's 'going to fulfill his contact' change my thought process? Does he sound like he's ready to go? Lets be serious, he just got a monster contract, he better at least sounds motivated, and damn well better play it. However, take the length of his contract, devide by 2, and hope you get that many years of motivated play.

I never said it is a lock, and you can argue either way. I'm just saying, that is what i'm thinking. Take it or leave it. Words mean nothing.
He will only be playing 4 years of the contract. 4 years and 40 million.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Cooley a work in progress? This thread should be locked it's not even about Haynesworth anymore and the worst that will happen is a loss of a late round pick which Snyder obviously doesn't give a **** about.
He is a Dallas fan. Do you expect him to have any intelligent opinion on any team in the league. He has the Dallas blinders on its evident. It must be nice to have won the Super Bowl like the Cowboys did last year since they were a lock for winning it all no contest....oh wait!

Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, in order to lose a pick, there has to be clear evidence of tampering. Fact is that all of the teams use back channels to get the players in and signed on day 1. Otherwise, how can you explain guys like Kearse, Samuel, Haynesworth, Stacy Andrews, etc. knowing which team to go visit on Day 1 of FA, then signing a big deal that day? I doubt Washington did anything out of the ordinary. The Titans were never going to spend the money to keep AH, but they're being whiny about it regardless.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Otherwise, how can you explain guys like Kearse, Samuel, Haynesworth, Stacy Andrews, etc. knowing which team to go visit on Day 1 of FA, then signing a big deal that day? I doubt Washington did anything out of the ordinary. The Titans were never going to spend the money to keep AH, but they're being whiny about it regardless.
When did "whiny" and "smart" become synonymous, bsaza?

It's called having a back bone and seizing an opportunity. The guaranteed money the Titans were offering was 35 million, and Washington gave him 41 million. Its a 6 million difference.

Facts are...if Washington tampered then they ******* tampered. Not a little bit tampered. Not "Well, who cares cuz he probably wasn't staying in Tennessee." Not "Well, everyone does it, so the Titans should just deal with it." Pats fans excused the Pats video taping the Jets signals because "everyone else does it too." They still forfeited a 1st RD pick for it.

BTW, Haynesworth didn't even take a visit to Washington until after he agreed in principle.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-26-2009 at 01:38 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't say the Titans didn't make a good move by letting AH go.

I also didn't say that Washington wasn't guilty or shouldn't be punished.

My point was that the proof needed to enforce a draft pick penalty would likely be difficult to come by (fact). I then went on to say that the practice is commonplace (fact). To restate an earlier point, most of these "in principle" situations are from back channel negotiations where the player knows he is signing a pre-set deal when he goes to visit (fact).

The Titans could have gotten Haynesworth locked up to a long term deal anytime in the 18-22 months prior to when he left. Their contract offer was made intentionally lower than the Redskins to ensure that AH left and they looked like they placed second in the sweepstakes. They didn't want to pay him and expected to lose him. Some friends of mine who are Titans fans state that Adams is cheap. I have no idea whether that is true, but the Titans knew for sure that AH was going to the highest bidder, and they didn't raise their offer once Washington's came in.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He will only be playing 4 years of the contract. 4 years and 40 million.
Hmm, I wanted to not over do it, but maybe divide even that length of time by, oh, lets say 2.5......or just take the beginning amount, and divide by 4 and get a nice round number!!!

My point is, don't take the actual number i gave as a physics equation, i was really just saying that don't expect to get long-term effort out of him. Only time will tell, and obviously this isn't fact, i'm just throwing it out there.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At his presser, Big Al said he planned on becoming the second coming of Reggie White in Green Bay and wants his career to end in Canton.

And I for one believe him!

Go Skinz!!

Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins : 05-26-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
At his presser, Big Al said he planned on becoming the second coming of Reggie White in Green Bay and wants he career to end in Canton.

Go Skinz!!
What else would he say?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
What else would he say?
"Guys, I'm just Albert, ok?"

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
At his presser, Big Al said he planned on becoming the second coming of Reggie White in Green Bay and wants he career to end in Canton.

Go Skinz!!
Been sayin' that since college, and Reggie is why he wears #92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I didn't say the Titans didn't make a good move by letting AH go.

I also didn't say that Washington wasn't guilty or shouldn't be punished.
I didn't mean to put those words in your mouth, and I don't think I did because I didn't question your opinion on whether it was the right choice to let him go or whether Washington was guilty - just questioning stereotypes that you were repeating. My apologies if it appeared that way.

Quote:
My point was that the proof needed to enforce a draft pick penalty would likely be difficult to come by (fact). I then went on to say that the practice is commonplace (fact). To restate an earlier point, most of these "in principle" situations are from back channel negotiations where the player knows he is signing a pre-set deal when he goes to visit (fact).
Your facts are estimated guesses or theories. We don't know what the NFL knows, or the operations Washington may have used. But, I do think it unwise to try to outsmart the NFL or assume you'll be able to pull the wool over their eyes.

Quote:
The Titans could have gotten Haynesworth locked up to a long term deal anytime in the 18-22 months prior to when he left. Their contract offer was made intentionally lower than the Redskins to ensure that AH left and they looked like they placed second in the sweepstakes. They didn't want to pay him and expected to lose him. Some friends of mine who are Titans fans state that Adams is cheap. I have no idea whether that is true, but the Titans knew for sure that AH was going to the highest bidder, and they didn't raise their offer once Washington's came in.
The bold statement confuses me. Could you reiterate or expound on it?

The way the contract agreement went down, it's unknown if the Titans would have matched the offer. I wouldn't have wanted them to though, as we have more re-signings I would rather have the money spent on (Keith Bulluck, Kyle Vanden Bosch, etc). As for your friends, it depends what their definition of cheap is. No, the Titans aren't FA dynamos, but they invest their money wisely. They take a more conservative approach, while other teams, such as Washington, are more liberal. It's because of that that Bud Adams and the Titans are considered cheap. I'm of the opinion that's it's just smart business, as their conservative approach has helped produce a 31-17 record over the past 3 seasons, including two playoff births. No offense intended to your friends, but they may be the type that see a player they want really badly and want the FO to do anything to get them.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
What else would he say?
Its evident that you are just here to bash the guy no matter what is put forth.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's never just one reason for Sniper to be around. He probably also doesn't like your attitude. :D

I'd be more concerned if Al had NOT once again re-iterated his Reggie White aspirations. They're a little stale but it's all just good policy, it's 100% fan service.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seriously though, if he just said. "im just trying to be average" would that be cool? all the good players say stuff like that.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

I wrote that quote from Big Al at his presser because it was so over the top hype on his part.

I didn't watch every Tennesse game, but I do know the guy is inconsistent, but the difference is Big AL's talent level is so high, even when he's off his game, he going to make more of an impact than most DTs.

The SKins have a bad rep for signing high priced FAs who underperform once they put on the burgundy and gold. If he can play healthy for 16 games, I'd say it was a huge bonus for the Skins.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What else would he say?
...I like big butts and I cannot lie?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote