Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Buying a second TV

I am looking to buy a cheap, lightweight tv to bring with me to college thsi year, because I cant lug my big/old tv with me anymore. I was looking at a cheap, but good looking tv in a 19' dynex tv for $159 at bestbuy. I am a little thrown off by such a low price. Does anyone have any experience with Dynex products.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

tC's are pretty cheap cars, yup ;)
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
tC's are pretty cheap cars, yup ;)
Thanks for noticing my typo, much appreciated.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Yup. Dynex is pretty crappy. Get Insignia, Best Buy's home brand. I think it's made by Panasonic. I have one that I got for like $80 on sale and it's pretty solid for the price.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$400+ 27" LCD from Panasonic. I'm prolly going to buy one with my brother's employee discount. Woot.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was a freshman in college I dropped like 500 on a Sharp Aquos 15 inch LCD haha. I thought it was so awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For graduation/birthday I got a 26inch Dynex plasma or lcd. Just wait for the graduation money to pour in, and you'll be set to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
For graduation/birthday I got a 26inch Dynex plasma or lcd. Just wait for the graduation money to pour in, and you'll be set to buy one.
Were you happy with the TV's performance/durability/etc?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Were you happy with the TV's performance/durability/etc?
I have yet to set it up because I just got it and I already have a TV in my room, but its the same brand and model that my parents got I think both of my grandparents for christmas. They seem to like it, and I believe it has gotten good reviews. I also think it's under $400.

Here is the link to the best buy page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1194052042561

Under 300

One customer review:
Quote:
"If you are looking for a great tv for an amazing price than this is definantly what you want. I bout this tv about 4 mounths ago and was shocked with the quality. I was at first wanting to go with an "on brand" tv, untill i did a little resarch. this tv is made by philip exclusivley for Best Buy, Philip is a good name in tv's and it is almost the exact same as theire more expansive "on brand" tv's. when i got this i pluged it in' and i have basic cable and it even gave me some hd chanels with exelent picture and the sound quality is good. over all it is a great tv for a small room or people just on a tight budget."

Quote:

Last edited by bearfan : 05-22-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have yet to set it up because I just got it and I already have a TV in my room, but its the same brand and model that my parents got I think both of my grandparents for christmas. They seem to like it, and I believe it has gotten good reviews. I also think it's under $400.
Thanks. I was just curious if Dynex Tv's were total crap that no one would buy and that are lemon's that break really quickly. I feel like the biggest endorsement is continued consumers with a single brand. The price is right with a 40 dollar sale, so I guess ill give it a try.

Thanks to everyone for the input, and if anyone has anything else about Dynex good or bad, I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Thanks. I was just curious if Dynex Tv's were total crap that no one would buy and that are lemon's that break really quickly. I feel like the biggest endorsement is continued consumers with a single brand. The price is right with a 40 dollar sale, so I guess ill give it a try.
I updated the post for you, and I am now even happier with my new tv after the reviews

Quote:
Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I updated the post for you, and I am now even happier with my new tv after the reviews
Yeah I just read the reviews for that Tv along with the smaller one that I am now most likely getting, it seems like everyone seems pretty satisfied so I am pretty confident in my purchase.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still watch on my tube tv I have had since the 90's. Will you buy me a Dynex too?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am looking to buy a cheap, lightweight tv to bring with me to college thsi year, because I cant lug my big/old tv with me anymore. I was looking at a cheap, but good looking tv in a 19' dynex tv for $159 at bestbuy. I am a little thrown off by such a low price. Does anyone have any experience with Dynex products.
Honeslty, that isn't too great of a price. When you consider how (relatively) small the screen is, you can go to Wal-Mart and get a TV with a bigger screen for not much more at all. I'm not sure how much the weight issue garners, but even a 27" TV isn't heavy. Serioulsy, look on ebay or craig's list. I've seen 19" TVs for 40 bucks on there (craig's list) and nothing is wrong with them except they have been used.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy a Proxima projector and just use an entire wall as your screen. It's what we did in Iraq
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What ever you do dont buy a Westinghouse...It WILL eat your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought at 35 inch 720p Dynex this past November, and I haven't had any problems with it. The high def picture on it is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought my Dynex 32inch HDTV flatscreen last summer, and i love it. Never had any problems with it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I just bought the TV. If it disappointments me, everyone who recommended Dynex better be ready for massive neg rep to offset the positive that I gave out.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn. I didn't get any graduation money I don't think. Maybe like $100 or $200.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Your family doesnt love you :p

But I also have my birthday within two weeks of graduation, so they kinda combine. I actually havent gotten money yet, but from what I hear its a pretty good amount that gets added up. I would be happy with $200, but then I would have to spend it on stuff for college lol

Quote:
Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My buddy just got a (used, still perfect picture and everything) 42" flatscreen last night for $225, off of a guy on craigs list. He saw it last evening, called the guy, and since his car isn't big enough, we used my van to pick it up. The picture is of the highest quality, but the only negative is its size. It isn't heavy, but it'd be hard for a person to carry by themselves. If you've got two people though, its nothing. It came with the stand too, so he got a major steal.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
that's more than I got. I got a pat on the back and a "well it was about damn time you got your diploma"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
My buddy just got a (used, still perfect picture and everything) 42" flatscreen last night for $225, off of a guy on craigs list. He saw it last evening, called the guy, and since his car isn't big enough, we used my van to pick it up. The picture is of the highest quality, but the only negative is its size. It isn't heavy, but it'd be hard for a person to carry by themselves. If you've got two people though, its nothing. It came with the stand too, so he got a major steal.
Damn that is one hell of a deal. Do you know what brand it was? You can always find good deals on forum sites or CL, got my 80 gig PS3 with 8 games for $500. And that was back in the day when a brand new PS3 cost $400, maybe it was $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Unless its 60 inch flatcreen LCD/DLP you're not trying