Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This year is already starting full of suck. First Arnoux, now Shockey - just ******* great.
you also forgot that the league upheld the Starcaps suspensions so Grant & Smith are out for the first 4 games of the season.

Yeah, this year already blows and we haven't even seen the Saints on the field yet.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
you also forgot that the league upheld the Starcaps suspensions so Grant & Smith are out for the first 4 games of the season.

Yeah, this year already blows and we haven't even seen the Saints on the field yet.
This is true. FML

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good news is is that you have drew brees. quarterbacking extrodinaire.

edit: did i just jinx it?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
good news is is that you have drew brees. quarterbacking extrodinaire.

edit: did i just jinx it?
You *****, LOL. Ha ha that's funny.

Seriously though, if he goes down - you go down.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You *****, LOL. Ha ha that's funny.

did you just announce the fact that you're gonna force AQ to go down on you?

You perv ;)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rehab at the hard rock in vegas is a really fun time. I don't blame him for drinking a bit too much.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's that Shockey trade working out for ya New Orleans?

Thanks for Clint Sintim.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can kiss my grits, bbd.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's embarrassing.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Would my thinking that "He is doing this now and getting it out of his system for when the season starts" be optimistic or homeristic. FML

Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would my thinking that "He is doing this now and getting it out of his system for when the season starts" be optimistic or homeristic. FML
A guy got massively trashed on Memorial Day - and likely the night before as well.... I can think of a lot worse things to happen, especially with a NFL player.

He should be given a medal for not deciding to race his car.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I like you, you're a "The glass is half full" type person.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
being that im from vegas i know REHAB all too well people get carted out for dehydration all the time yes its due to drinking ist the the full problem you can drink your normal limit here in vegas in this 100+ degree sun with an over packed crowed and that is what will happen Shockey isnt the only one that left that day guaranteed every sunday numerous people get carted out of their due to the same problem.

You havent been to Rehab yet then lol....and vegas is never to early or to late to get your drink on.....Rehab will F you up if you arnt careful out there.
Oh, I understand ridiculous binge drinking/impairment and I understand how large crowds exacerbate that, but 2 pm is still a ridiculous hour, 2 am I could understand, that's early still, but I could understand how a non-alcoholic would pass out at that time, but 2 pm is just weird. Which is why I suspect that he was messed up on more than just alcohol.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is really a non-story now that dehydration is the cause of the passing out. Let the guy do what he wants in the offseason as long as he's not causing damage to himself and others. Yes, the passing out was significant, but let the guy handle his business with his family and his employer. No need to sensationalize it...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Oh, I understand ridiculous binge drinking/impairment and I understand how large crowds exacerbate that, but 2 pm is still a ridiculous hour, 2 am I could understand, that's early still, but I could understand how a non-alcoholic would pass out at that time, but 2 pm is just weird. Which is why I suspect that he was messed up on more than just alcohol.

hour doesnt matter the fact is rehab starts from i think 9am till 7pm so you have a few drinks and then sit in this sun and dehydrated and only way you keep your self rehydrate is by drinking alchole then thats what happens to people like shockey. I dont think people understand that or have never been to rehab here in vegas its just like a club during the day out in the pool with crap load of people and just as much drinking but other then it being inside in a club its in 100+ degree sun beaming on them. People get F'ed up every sunday for rehab, most people dont know how to properly rehydrate them selfs when drinking alchole most dont take time to drink water. To you might seem weird but for someone that has been to rehab and know how vegas is ..that doesnt seem anything from being the abnormal person who gets caught drinking to much in the sun.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shockey the Saint has still not really gotten out of the starting gate, but I still believe he can be an impact player.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You can kiss my grits, bbd.
;)

that was such a lopsided trade. i know its revisionist history, but holy crap, we came out like bandits in that trade.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
hour doesnt matter the fact is rehab starts from i think 9am till 7pm so you have a few drinks and then sit in this sun and dehydrated and only way you keep your self rehydrate is by drinking alchole then thats what happens to people like shockey. I dont think people understand that or have never been to rehab here in vegas its just like a club during the day out in the pool with crap load of people and just as much drinking but other then it being inside in a club its in 100+ degree sun beaming on them. People get F'ed up every sunday for rehab, most people dont know how to properly rehydrate them selfs when drinking alchole most dont take time to drink water. To you might seem weird but for someone that has been to rehab and know how vegas is ..that doesnt seem anything from being the abnormal person who gets caught drinking to much in the sun.
It gets 100+ many places outside of Vegas, there are massive festivals where people are drinking in the morning in the sun outside of vegas, just because I haven't been to rehab does not mean I haven't experienced exactly what you're talking about, I'm just sayin that's a ridiculous hour to pass out at, after 5 hours of drinking in the sweltering sun that's really weak for a man of his size and drinking experience.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard he passed out because he just got the news that Atlanta got Tony G and the Bucs got Winslow so now he's the 3rd best Tight End in the division. He got upset so he started drinking heavily. True story.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
I heard he passed out because he just got the news that Atlanta got Tony G and the Bucs got Winslow so now he's the 3rd best Tight End in the division. He got upset so he started drinking heavily. True story.
Shock's not the receiver tony g is, but he's a far better blocker than either of those two.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
It gets 100+ many places outside of Vegas, there are massive festivals where people are drinking in the morning in the sun outside of vegas, just because I haven't been to rehab does not mean I haven't experienced exactly what you're talking about, I'm just sayin that's a ridiculous hour to pass out at, after 5 hours of drinking in the sweltering sun that's really weak for a man of his size and drinking experience.

hmmm im sure in these festivals numerous people get carted out due to alcohol dehydration.There are places that may get over 100 in the summers and i doubt many will sit out all damn day when it gets that hot in other places outside of the south west. Vegas is a dry heat so you lose liquid much faster, and there isnt many places in the US that gets hotter this time of the year then Las Vegas. Tne desert sun is a different type of sun you sometimes dont feel it beause of it being a dry heat and thus people dont drink enough water. Give anyone good amount of drinks in this vegas sun and the biggest and most experienced drinkers can be claimed by this heat happens every damn summer and weekend here. Vacationers sometimes tend to out due the drinking especially celebrities they get everything given bottle services and unlimited of drinks, so as i stated before you have someone sitting out in the pool drinking you have 100+ degree sun beaming down on them, their body says give me water but they go drink more alcohol and then things start to shut down and people pass out. Once those people get rehydrated by the medics they tend to bounce right back and be ok.

I guess its hard for people to understand who havent experienced the dry heat and sun here in the desert southwest. Its not abnormal for someone to pass out and go to the hospital in these desert pool parties with a ton of drinking is involved.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

I know what you are talking about, but proper hydration is something every good drinker learns. I understand desert heat perfectly well, my family loves New Mexico and used to go every year, during the summer and winter so I get what you're talking about, shockey should've known better because he is an experienced drinker, add to that his tolerance profession and it's an even bigger **** up. It very well may just be him being an idiot, but my gut is telling me a guy like shockey would've kept himself hydrated if it was just booze.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2pm... what a *****
Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
;)

that was such a lopsided trade. i know its revisionist history, but holy crap, we came out like bandits in that trade.
We'll see you in Week Six.

kkthxbi
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
she certainly does... wait what?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote