Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coaching changes fluster Manning

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...luster+Manning

Quote:
It's not a situation that I'm just thrilled about,'' he said. "I think the communication has been pretty poor in my opinion. Somebody says one thing, then somebody else says another thing.
"I'm not sure everybody's on the same page in this building. I'm just trying to focus on playing quarterback well.''
Assistant head coach and receivers coach Clyde Christensen is overseeing the offense following Moore's departure while Pete Metzelaars, Mudd's assistant, has taken over full-time position duties. The team also hired interns Frank Winters and Ron Johnson to help with the offensive line and receivers, respectively.
"It's not normal not having a full coaching staff,'' Manning said. "I know we hired a couple of guys to come in, but these guys are learning. They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''
Big deal or no?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know Moore had retired, guess I haven't been paying attention. That's a pretty big deal, but I don't think this overall is a huge deal, they've had the same guys in place for so long that any change is going to take some getting used to. They should just let Peyton be OC.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah its a big deal, piss poor coaching leads to bad teams. Unless they are running the exact same offense, and then Manning doesn't need any real help then its fine. But I doubt they are running the same thing.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt Manning needs much coaching at this point. There was talk of Moore/Mudd being brought back as advisors anyway.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a small deal in the long run. Manning is a player, and he'll play and have success on Sundays. He just had a comfort level with Moore/Mudd that is now gone. Change is never easy, especially for a star who thinks he has earned the right to have certain routines. Let's face facts. Changing things up and getting Peyton out of his comfort zone may force him to become even better. The team is making decisions for the betterment of the franchise. It's business. Peyton will get over it and will remain a stud.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They ought to let Manning call his own plays, if he didnt already.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning calls his own plays for the most part, with input from Moore and the staff. The game-planning is the coaching, with input from Manning. Peyton doesn't have the time to break down all of the film and develop the game plan/make quicker adjustments. It's not like the coaches are doing nothing. Peyton just likes having his own team that defers to him and wants to keep the status quo with his power and control. He'll get over it.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say hyper, you say bole:

HYPER! BOLE!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Caldwell helped run the offense, so it will be fine. It will blow over in two weeks or so and Manning will be the leader and all will be fine.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why's no one talking about the offensive line? I can see injuries occurring to that line in the future and no one with the skills to be able to plug in any player and turn them into a starter as easily as before.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
And Caldwell helped run the offense, so it will be fine. It will blow over in two weeks or so and Manning will be the leader and all will be fine.
i have to agree with this. The fact that there has been so much stability for Manning and the offense, they got spoiled and with this change come a sense of nervousness. Maybe after some little roadblocks I see Manning and Co. doing what they always do. Manning will get comfortable before we know it

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
Why's no one talking about the offensive line? I can see injuries occurring to that line in the future and no one with the skills to be able to plug in any player and turn them into a starter as easily as before.
Their O-line has been a little suspect for a while now, they always seem to work around it. I don't see that changing.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Their O-line has been a little suspect for a while now, they always seem to work around it. I don't see that changing.
They were always able to work around it because of Mudd.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
They were always able to work around it because of Mudd.
True enough. However every once in a while something occurs that supposedly precipiates a drop off in the Colts offense (no Edge, injuries, bad Marvin, etc.) and it never follows through. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
True enough. However every once in a while something occurs that supposedly precipiates a drop off in the Colts offense (no Edge, injuries, bad Marvin, etc.) and it never follows through. I'll believe it when I see it.
No Edge, they had Addai. No Marvin, they had Wayne, Clark, and Gonzalez. Manning got injured last year and played worse until he got better at the end of the season. I can see the line still doing well since Mudd coached up a few younger guys from the draft last year and they did well when they started. But a couple of injuries to the line like last year and it could hurt the Colts in the future without Mudd there to coach up some players.

Last edited by whatadai : 05-26-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton should take the Jackie Moon role and be everything for that organization.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Didn't mention the OLine situation. Good points. Once that is solidified, it'll keep Peyton upright and healthier. He'll bounce back to his usual self even without Harrison. Perhaps Caldwell felt like they could benefit from different coaching, which prompted the changes.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''

It's funny how a comment like that can be taken so differently by media and fans depending on who says it. Some players in the league, with stature not too much lower than Peyton's, would get absolutely grilled for that.

Which is probably more a comment on the overreaction sometimes seen than any particular favoritism to Manning.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post

It's funny how a comment like that can be taken so differently by media and fans depending on who says it. Some players in the league, with stature not too much lower than Peyton's, would get absolutely grilled for that.

Which is probably more a comment on the overreaction sometimes seen than any particular favoritism to Manning.
Well when you have one of the best QBs ever, it's difficult to find coaches that would be up to his standards in knowledge of the game. Moore and Mudd were two of the few.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough for someone to come in and try to coach Manning after he had the same OC for how long? His whole career thus far? Not exactly an easy task. I can almost bet that Manning is coaching them more than the other way around.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats what happens when a player knows more than his coach does.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be flustered, too. The coaching changes are unorthodox at this point in the offseason and he's had Moore around his entire career.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I'd be flustered, too. The coaching changes are unorthodox at this point in the offseason and he's had Moore around his entire career.
At the same time, Peyton has got to know the offense backwards by now, and he basically calls his own plays.

PLUS aren't Moore and Mudd coming back as "consultants"?

I'm not too worried about the Colts machine.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post

He sounds like a jerk saying things like that. If this was David Garrard or Matt Schaub, two of the other QBs in the division, they'd be getting some really negative responses.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I say hyper,
ok, that's cool.

Quote:
you say bole:
got it, so you say hyper I'll say bole!

Quote:
HYPER! BOLE!
BO-- what the hell?