Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In New England, here are some:

RB Laurence Maroney - Has been injured a lot, has never really gotten enough carries to get into a groove, and dances in the backfield. He'll have a chance to be the starter, but if he gets hurt again, I don't see him on the team after this season.

TE Ben Watson - There's talk they're already shopping Watson, and I believe it, now that they've signed Chris Baker and Alex Smith. Cassel ignored Watson, but Brady targeted him a lot in the red zone, so he might still have a chance.

OG Logan Mankins - We already know he's a solid starter, but he was only average last year and needs to improve if he wants a big deal following this season. I'd rather re-sign Wilfork and Seymour over him. He got knocked around by Jenkins last year.

C Dan Koppen - Same thing as Mankins. Al Johnson could actually be the starter because Koppen is too small to block the nose tackles in the division. He's only an average starter. The team also supposedly really liked Eric Wood in the draft.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
For the Steelers:

Santonio Holmes
i think it's safe to say that Santonio has already put it up.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
For the Steelers:

Santonio Holmes
I had to highlight over this post looking for a hidden 'just kidding'. I don't follow why you think Holmes has to put up or shut up. He is the 2nd biggest reason the Steelers won the Superbowl.

I was trying to think of a guy, it would have to be a lineman, Stapleton or Kemoeatu with Urbik biting at their heels.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Starks needs to show he can be a consistently good tackle.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland is easy...

The whole roster except for Miller, Howard, Asomugha, and Lechler.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Jets:

Brad Smith WR
-Talent, talent, and more talent. I hope now that he is actually getting the chance to be a true WR not Mangini's toy, he will prove how good he really is. He's had more than enough time to learn the position.

Kellen Clemens QB
-He was a 2nd round pick who has shown flashes but has lost the off season QB battle for the past 2 years. Now that Sanchez is here he needs to finally show that he is a NFL starting QB before Sanchez gets the chance to start. I've always said he has the potential, but he needs to start playing up to it.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the Lions it's everyone. I don't want to hear anything from any Lion who doesn't at least try

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
for the Lions it's everyone. I don't want to hear anything from any Lion who doesn't at least try
Even Calvin Johnson?
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
Even Calvin Johnson?
Even Calvin Johnson. Don't run your mouth if you don't run your ass off first.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll add Richard Seymour to the Pats list already covered by AntoinCD & ROP.

He is in the last year of his contract and needs to show he can string together 2 full, healthy, solid seasons to even have a chance at a contract extension at the advanced age of 31 once we hit October.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
i think it's safe to say that Santonio has already put it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I had to highlight over this post looking for a hidden 'just kidding'. I don't follow why you think Holmes has to put up or shut up. He is the 2nd biggest reason the Steelers won the Superbowl.

I was trying to think of a guy, it would have to be a lineman, Stapleton or Kemoeatu with Urbik biting at their heels.
I put Holmes because he hasn't lived up to his potential just yet. I want him to do good and be consistant a whole season, not just the post season where he started to come around. He had a major downgrade season this past season compared to his second season. I think he will have a great season this year, but he hasn't lived up to the expectations that he gave himself.

Edit: I know I put season a lot in my post but too lazy to edit it.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh, about that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with all the ones people have put down for the Pats, but I'm going to re-emphasize Laurence Maroney. He has all of the talent in the world and has shown some flashes, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Now he's saying things along the lines of "people are disrespecting me for saying I'm soft and injury prone." Well Laurence, put up our shut up. There is not many things I want to see more than Brady come back healthy and Maroney put it all together.

Ben Watson needs to learn how to catch. He, like Maroney, has all of the physical ability in the world but hasn't quite put it together. Watson is always on the field, is pretty durable, and has improved as a blocker though. I just want him to see him become the dynamic receiving threat he has the ability to be.

Koppen is a good one too because a lot of people put his name up there when talking about the game's best centers, but he looked awful at times last year. He got abused by NT's like Jamaal Williams and Casey Hampton, and that may not have been all his fault but he needs to step up this year. He had a great 2007 but definitely took a step back last year.

I'll agree with Seymour, although I think he will have a big year this season. He is in a contract year and when people talk about the prototypical 3-4 end his name is always mentioned. I want to see him stay healthy and be the game changing dominant force Pats fans know him as.

How about Pierre Woods? I know he is still young and was a UDFA, but BB has been raving about the kid's potential ever since he got here. We need one of our young pass rushers to step up and Woods definitely has the ability to do big things for us. If we stick with who we have right now at OLB and we don't get a big year from Woods, Crable, Redd, or Banta-Cain we could be in trouble especially if Adailus goes down.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
SF 49ers: Vernon Davis, TE He posted a blazing 40 time at his Combine that shot him up most teams draft lists & almost guaranteed his being a #1 pick. Injuries held him back earlier, then the turmoil in the front office that culminated in Nolan's firing on 10/21 of last yr, Singletary has stabilized this team now, so excuses have run out for this underachiever TE.
What are you talking about? He had 52 receptions in '07, and 31 last year, in an offense that doesn't utilize a TE. This year, he's in a offense that uses a TE more than most.

Quote:
The much publicized public castigation from Singletary in a game when the HC had run out of patience with Davis' arrogant Me 1st attitude + the blown patterns & drops sent him to the bench but I don't think that's his next stop, that would be another team not named the 9ers
That was overblown by the media, any one who follows the Niners knows this. He had to make an example of someone, and he chose Vernon. Hell, even in this year in the off-season he's been one of Vernon's biggest proponents.

Quote:
& they drafted Bear Pascoe last month. Pascoe is considered a "blocking TE" & they have Bajema for that too, but Pascoe has better hands than Davis all things considered, is a lot better blocker though considerably slower, & is a local Northern California guy from Fresno St. & a fan fave, so Davis is on notice to retain his job.
1) Bajema was let go, which is why they drafted Pascoe.
2) He is NOT a better blocker than Davis. In fact, Davis is one the best TEs in the league, with regards to blocking skills. He shut down Joey Porter in that Dolphins game, who only got to Hill at the end because Barry Sims is a worthless OT.
3) I would be shocked if they let Vernon walk when his contract runs out. When you've had as little QB stability as we've had, it's not a surprise to see people under-performing.

Quote:
Maybe there's something in the Davis family DNA chromosomes that makes them disrespectful by nature & gives them instant attitude toward authority, his younger brother Vontae, the Illinois CB, acquired the bad reputation with the "uncoachable" tag hung on him after his Combine interviews.
When has any one ever questioned Davis' attitude? He's easily one of the hardest workers on the team and no one has complained about him being "uncoachable" since he was drafted. In fact, he has gone easy on the weights this off-season, and slimmed down, so he can be more fluid in his running.

I am not saying that Vernon is being given a free pass on this season, because he's definitely going to have to put up some stats, but you're portraying him far differently than the reality of his situation.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Uh, about that.
I don't follow....I'm thinking you think he is the sole biggest reason??

If thats the case, I think it goes: Ben, Holmes, Harrison. Just my opinion, I can definitely see why Holmes would be #1 reason in some minds.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't follow....I'm thinking you think he is the sole biggest reason??

If thats the case, I think it goes: Ben, Holmes, Harrison. Just my opinion, I can definitely see why Holmes would be #1 reason in some minds.
1. Harrison
2. Ben
3. Woodley (2 sacks, 1 pass breakup, clipped the **** out of some guy on Harrison's TD. Not legal, but Harrison doesn't score without it. ;))

Sue me. I'm a LaMarr homer.

As good as Holmes' catch was on the GW TD, Roethlisberger's throw was better.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What are you talking about? He had 52 receptions in '07, and 31 last year, in an offense that doesn't utilize a TE. This year, he's in a offense that uses a TE more than most.

That was overblown by the media, any one who follows the Niners knows this. He had to make an example of someone, and he chose Vernon. Hell, even in this year in the off-season he's been one of Vernon's biggest proponents.

1) Bajema was let go, which is why they drafted Pascoe.
2) He is NOT a better blocker than Davis. In fact, Davis is one the best TEs in the league, with regards to blocking skills. He shut down Joey Porter in that Dolphins game, who only got to Hill at the end because Barry Sims is a worthless OT.
3) I would be shocked if they let Vernon walk when his contract runs out. When you've had as little QB stability as we've had, it's not a surprise to see people under-performing.

When has any one ever questioned Davis' attitude? He's easily one of the hardest workers on the team and no one has complained about him being "uncoachable" since he was drafted. In fact, he has gone easy on the weights this off-season, and slimmed down, so he can be more fluid in his running.

I am not saying that Vernon is being given a free pass on this season, because he's definitely going to have to put up some stats, but you're portraying him far differently than the reality of his situation.
Exactly, Brent! Davis is a Singletary favorite and one of the team leaders. The addition of Bear Pascoe as a blocking specialist allows for Davis to be utilized in an aggressive fashion this season. Davis was only targeted as a receiver about 45 times last season and spent 80+% of the time staying in to block in Martz's deep-drop offensive scheme. New OC Jimmy Raye used Tony Gonzalez beautifully without any other targets on the field and Elvis Grbac throwing him the ball. He will find a way to garner as much production as possible out of Davis. I would still include him on my list because he has, indeed, failed to live up to hype. Unfortunately, he hasn't been given the best of circumstances to do much. He has done quite alot with as few balls as he's been thrown in his young career, but he does need to step up and be a bigger piece of the offensive puzzle.

Other 49ers I would include...

Manny Lawson - OLB - The experimentation and puzzling utilization Mike Nolan employed of Lawson is gone. Coach Greg Manusky promises to allow Lawson to be a 3-down SAM and let him put his hand on the ground, pin his ears back, and rush the passer. If he doesn't take advantage of that opportunity, he will lose his job.

Dashon Goldson - FS - The converted college CB has shown explosive playmaking ability the last few training camps and a ball-hawking FS is something the 49ers have a grave need for. Unfortunately, Goldson has been injury prone an unable to see the field enough to transplant the aging, no-impact Mark Roman. Roman has already been stripped of his role as starting FS and the keys have been handed to Goldson. I expect great things from him if he stays healthy. Sadly, that's a bigger "if" than I'd like.

Last edited by phlysac : 05-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ernest Wilford- The guy was suppose to come in and be our redzone target and a possession guy for us but all he did was stay on the bench or on the inactive list the whole season. Always was getting out performed by the other WR's on the team. Now the coaches are having him work at the TE position some to see if he can add some value there.

Jason Allen- Has all the athletic ability in the world, but he just never seems to get it. Just when you think that little light bulb is finally on, it goes back off.

Paul Soliai- He's an athletic guy for his size and showed some power late last year. He's a guy who never seems like he wants it. Was suspended twice last year but he did rebound late in the season and played decent. Sparano was even impressed with him in the playoff game against the Ravens. Then this offseason he came in overweight.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think Jamal Anderson should have a good chance start living up to his potential, if he doesn't he'll no longer be a falcon in a year and I wonder if the giants might not sign him to see if our DEs and DL coach can't get him to tap into that potential.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
for the bears id say Mark Anderson
Definitely.

Also Nathan Vasher has been pretty publicly called out by the organization about his decline in play since he signed his contract and I would expect him to be cut if he doesn't bounce back.

Tommie Harris is in no danger of being cut anytime soon but I think the Bears are expecting big things out of him this year with Marinelli coaching him up. If he can't stay healthy or productive, I'd have to imagine Jarron Gilbert and Marcus Harrison start getting more attention.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith can be added to the 49ers list also.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
DT35
Rookie

DT35 DT35 DT35 DT35 DT35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Seattle Seahawks: LoJack - can you pass rush?
Original Matty Ice - got anything left in the tank?
Deion Branch - Can you stay healthy?
Colin Cole - Never did anything in GB to warrant a big contract like that, better step it up.

Kelly Jennings - With Lucas being brought in and Wilson probably being the 3rd CB, Kelly might not see much time. He needs to prove he was worthy of that first rounder.
DT35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Garrard - If the offensive line and running game improve from last year but he doesn't, then say bye-bye.

John Henderson - He regressed big time last year. He needs to get back to his dominating self or the defense will continue to be porous.

Derrick Harvey/Quinton Groves - They need to continue to improve in their play in order to help the Jaguars' woeful pass rush.

Tony Pashos - His year was a mixed bag. If he doesn't improve in training camp, then he may get ousted by Britton and moved inside. Then the question will be how well he plays inside. If that doesn't work, then he's also "shut up."

Maurice Jones-Drew - He plays at a high level, but can he play as well as a starter? He doesn't represent a red flag as big as the others, but it's something to look out for.

Jack Del Rio - Not a player, but I'm getting the feeling that it's winning record or GTFO for him.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis Mcgahee for the ravens. I am a firm supporter of this guy, but if he runs like he did in the beginning of the year, he is gone next year. I understand he was injured but this guy is hella talented and should be a 1000 yard rusher for us. I have high hopes for this guy and i believe this is his year to shine or to give up the reigns to Ray Rice

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Let me try to think of some for the Rams.

1. Marc Bulger- While I am still a big supporter of him, a huge rift in the fan base has developed over him. If he is good then he can prove that he is just fine and that no QB would be good on these past couple Rams teams. If he struggles again then it will have been three straight poor seasons.

2. Alex Barron- For the most part he would have to be classified as a disappointment, though I don't think he has been as bad as some others do. It's his contract year and h is being moved to LT, which most feel is his natural position. He needs to play better and severly cut down on the penalties.

3. Richie Incognito- Another polarizing player among Rams fans. Some feel that he an idiot, others feel he is just emotional. Some feel he is a plus player, others feel he is a minus player. Well, we'll see this year.

4. Tye Hill- He is probably on his last life with the Rams. He was solid his rookie season, seemed to get better his second season until getting hurt, and was absolutely horrid last year. I still think he could become something, but I'm in the minority.

5. Steven Jackson- As amazing as it may seem, some Rams fans have a problem with him. In my opinion it's because he isn't Marshall Faulk. I'm kidding about having to prove himself though, I mean get real idiotic small segment of Rams fans.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote