Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who doesn't have a job next season?
Dick Jauron - Buffalo Bills 38 34.55%
John Fox - Carolina Panthers 11 10.00%
Lovie Smith - Chicago Bears 4 3.64%
Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati Bengals 45 40.91%
Wade Phillips - Dallas Cowboys 55 50.00%
Gary Kubiak - Houston Texans 5 4.55%
Jack Del Rio - Jacksonvill Jags 20 18.18%
Brad Childress - Vikings 58 52.73%
All Keep Their Jobs 2 1.82%
Other 6 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who's in the hot seat

In the poll are the ones I consider Not safe the Poll is for who won't have a job in 2010.

EDIT: Note you can make more than one choice.

Ken Whisenhunt - ULTRA Safe. - Whisenhunt took over in the 2007/2008 season one year later he takes them from the laughing stock of the league (even worse than the Lions) to less than two minutes away from a Super Bowl win. His Job is close to the safest in the NFL

Mike Smith - Safe - Second year coach this season he took his team that was picking 3rd in the draft the year before and now they made the playoffs. Nothing short of an 0-16 season loses him the job.

John Harbaugh - Safe - Copy paste Mike Smith's and change 3rd overall pick to aging team who looked like they were on the down turn.

Dick Jauron - Very Hot - Juron is in his 3rd year he doesn't even have a playoff berth the choke job they did last season didn't help I'd say it is playoffs or your fired Jauron this season.

John Fox - Warm - Yes they did make the playoffs and win the division last season but at some point that isn't good enough. A bad season could have Fox on the firing block.

Lovie Smith - Warm - It is hard to see Lovie Smith ever go but the level of play in Chicago has dropped a little they finally got Smith a franchise QB. Smith always had a hard on for his guys at QB is that writing on the wall?

Marvin Lewis - Very Hot - The Bengals have only had one playoff berth since 2003 when Lewis took over. Also you could field a team with the number of prima donnas and players that got arrested. I'd say its playoffs or bust for Lewis this season.

Eric Mangini - Safe - Very very rare for a first year head coach to get canned.

Wade Phillips - Hot - There have been excuses every year to why the Boys had so much talent and yet never made it far into the playoffs. Now the scapegoat TO is off the team they have a very capable replacement in Roy Williams the "Coverage Liability" Roy Williams is also gone and yet still they are one of the more talented teams on paper. I'd say they at least have to win the East or make it deep into the playoffs or else we could see Wade out the door.

Josh McDaniels - Safe - See Eric Mangini but if there ever was a first year HC to get canned I think McDaniels might be it.

Jim Schwartz - Safe - See Mangini

Mike McCarthy - Luke Warm - Started in 2006 has a playoff berth and an NFC North Championship. Also has a new defensive scheme to learn so even if on the rare chance the Pack falls on their faces this season I really don't see McCarthy going anywhere.

Gary Kubiak - Warm - Every year since he started the Texans have gotten better under Gary Kubiak otherwise he'd be in the boiling water by now. If the Texans were in almost any other division they'd have made the playoffs a couple of times. I don't see Kubiak being let go after this season.

Jim Caldwell - Safe-ish - See Mangini

Jack Del Rio - Very Hot - Del Rio is a good coach very classy and all that but I think that we are looking at a situation where it is playoffs or bust for Del Rio.

Todd Haley - Safe - See all other 1st year coaches.

Tony Sparano - Safe - Second year head coach who made the playoffs after a one win season. He's safe.

Brad Childress - Very Warm - .500 record going into his 3rd season. A very talented team around him. I think ownership is looking for a bit more than a playoff berth this year.

Bill Belichick - HAHAHAHAHA - There could be pictures leaked of Belichick having sex with a sheep and he'd still have a job next year.

Sean Payton - Luke Warm - A horrible season MIGHT cost him his job but I think he's pretty safe.

Tom Coughlin - Safe - A superbowl buys you three years.

Rex Ryan - See other 1st year coaches

Tom Cable - See above.

Andy Reid - slightly cool - I don't know maybe because I'm too close to the action here in Philly but there has been talk of this being Andy Reid's last year for a few years now. But I think he will make that decision.

Mike Tomlin - Safe - Superbowl wins buy you at least 3 years.

Norv Turner - Very Warm - I mean They hired Turner to go where Schott couldn't deep in the playoffs. he hasn't really done it yet.

Mike Singletary - Safe - See others

Jim L. Mora - Safe

Steve Spagnuolo - Safe

Raheem Morris - Safe

Jeff Fisher - Safe - Great season last season.

Jim Zorn - Safe - It is only his second year anything better than the #1 overall pick should net him his job back.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-28-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are we "seeing above" for Cable? He could go any week of the season on the whim of Al Davis.

As for the list itself, I voted Childress, though as a Bears fan I truly hope he never ever leaves Minnesota.

I will say though that for that list, it's playoffs or bust for them all imo. They make the playoffs, they're safe, they don't, and I think they're gone. The lone exception might be Marvin Lewis because the Bengals are just weird....
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

Bill Belichick - HAHAHAHAHA - There could be pictures leaked of Belichick having sex with a sheep and he'd still have a job next year.
lol, very true..disturbing, but very true.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread comes up 9 times every off season.

Edit: Also, just see the other 8 threads for why Marvin could possibly keep his job. Myself, P2CJ and several others have posted why.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
This thread comes up 9 times every off season.

Edit: Also, just see the other 8 threads for why Marvin could possibly keep his job. Myself, P2CJ and several others have posted why.
For the record, i did mention in my post that the exception to the "playoffs or bust" feeling I have for those listed coaches is Marvin Lewis...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Lewis, Wade, Del Rio, and Childress. Lewis I don't think is going to do any better than third place and probably a 6-10 record or so at best. Wade I can't really see sticking around, I think they'll go with Shanahan or something after the season. Tough division too. With Del Rio, again, tough division, only an average team, I don't think Jones-Drew plays very well without Taylor. Probably a third, maybe fourth place finish. Childress could keep his job if he gets Favre and maybe makes the playoffs/wins a game there, but for now I'm going to say he starts Tarvaris and Rosenfels, both disappoint, and he's fired at the end of the year.

Maybe Dick Jauron gets to keep his job because of that extension he signed, but I think he'll need to make the playoffs. He could do it with T.O. though, that offense looks dangerous even with the Lynch suspension and Jason Peters missing. It was close for him but I went with no. I'd be surprised if Fox or Lovie gets fired. Not really surprised with Kubiak, but I don't think they'll be THAT bad. As for a dark horse, I'll throw in McDaniels and Mangini. Neither seems to be a good head coach yet and they were pretty good coordinators but probably no more than that in New England.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Wade. The Cowboys are opening the new stadium and they want that place to hold a winner. If the Cowboys are absent from the playoffs again, which I think they will be, then Wade will be looking for a new job.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
For the record, i did mention in my post that the exception to the "playoffs or bust" feeling I have for those listed coaches is Marvin Lewis...
I was referring more towards the entire poll. And to clarify further, I'm not saying anyone shouldn't put him on hot seat polls. Discussion should never be discourage, I was just adding to the thread by letting people know that every time Lewis gets brought up in the hot seat discussion, there are several Bengals fans who lay out the recent trends / facts to back up why it's possible Lewis doesn't get fired.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for other...the other being Norv Turner. If the team continues to be sub par with all their talent, I could see him getting the axe in favor of one of the coaches coming available next year. The Chargers have to be feeling like they need to win now as LT ages, so if they don't make a deep playoff run this year he could be gone.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Last edited by the decider13 : 05-28-2009 at 09:49 PM.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I voted for other...the other being Norv Turner. If the team continues to be sub par with all their talent, I could see him getting the axe in favor of one of the coaches coming available next year. The Chargers have to feeling like they need to win now as LT ages, so if they don't make a deep playoff run this year he could be gone.
kind of off topic, but I hope that the chargers don't get desperate for a "win now" attitude based on L.T.'s age. They got a good thing going there, even with Norv Turner, and it seems like a pretty big mistake to rush him out the door to preserve the 1-2 years that L.T. has left (especially when the team will most likely need to get acquainted with an entirely new type of scheme if they change coaches).
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As this kid says

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted before I let optimism get the better of me. He's already been around longer than any coach since Levy, but it doesn't look good for Jauron. Dropping the West divisions from our schedule and needing at least 9 wins to be saved... it'd be something to see. I hope I do.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went for Jauron.He has the offensive weapons and been building up the defense. It waill also be Trent Edwards third season and if there isn't a big improvement both good be gone. There's also the fact that he allowed two offensive line starters to walk, Marshawn Lynch could be suspended and the the whole T.O factor. Really to me it doesn't look good in Buffalo for this year and I thought he should've been fired after they fell apart last year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the question "who doesn't have a job next year" because I think the Panthers can have a good season, but that being said as I've mentioned else where Fox does need to deliver this season.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
In the poll are the ones I consider Not safe the Poll is for who won't have a job in 2010.

EDIT: Note you can make more than one choice.

Ken Whisenhunt - ULTRA Safe. - Whisenhunt took over in the 2007/2008 season one year later he takes them from the laughing stock of the league (even worse than the Lions) to less than two minutes away from a Super Bowl win. His Job is close to the safest in the NFL

Quote:
I agree.
Mike Smith - Safe - Second year coach this season he took his team that was picking 3rd in the draft the year before and now they made the playoffs. Nothing short of an 0-16 season loses him the job.

Quote:
I agree again.
John Harbaugh - Safe - Copy paste Mike Smith's and change 3rd overall pick to aging team who looked like they were on the down turn.

Quote:
Seems very safe.
Dick Jauron - Very Hot - Juron is in his 3rd year he doesn't even have a playoff berth the choke job they did last season didn't help I'd say it is playoffs or your fired Jauron this season.

Quote:
Jauron will be sacrificed for his owner's failure to retain the left side of his OL. Poor owner = a lot of fired HC's.
John Fox - Warm - Yes they did make the playoffs and win the division last season but at some point that isn't good enough. A bad season could have Fox on the firing block.

Quote:
Safe as can be IMO.
Lovie Smith - Warm - It is hard to see Lovie Smith ever go but the level of play in Chicago has dropped a little they finally got Smith a franchise QB. Smith always had a hard on for his guys at QB is that writing on the wall?

Quote:
I agree, with Cutler on board, the seat may be getter warmer.
Marvin Lewis - Very Hot - The Bengals have only had one playoff berth since 2003 when Lewis took over. Also you could field a team with the number of prima donnas and players that got arrested. I'd say its playoffs or bust for Lewis this season.

Quote:
Not sure when Lewis's contract is up but he is totally safe until it is. Brown is too cheap to ever pay 2 HC's at thje same time.
Eric Mangini - Safe - Very very rare for a first year head coach to get canned.

Wade Phillips - Hot - There have been excuses every year to why the Boys had so much talent and yet never made it far into the playoffs. Now the scapegoat TO is off the team they have a very capable replacement in Roy Williams the "Coverage Liability" Roy Williams is also gone and yet still they are one of the more talented teams on paper. I'd say they at least have to win the East or make it deep into the playoffs or else we could see Wade out the door.

Quote:
I'd rate Phillips as very hot but since Jerry Jones is becoming a look alike with Al Davis without the personal talent to pull it off, a yes man like Phillips may be more safe than people think.
Josh McDaniels - Safe - See Eric Mangini but if there ever was a first year HC to get canned I think McDaniels might be it.

Quote:
I think he is on the hot seat with any doubts. The Denver fans won't take kindly to a terrible season after he traded his next year's #1 pick, especially if that pick turns out to be a top 5 or top 10 pick. He has already used up his year of grace IMO.
Jim Schwartz - Safe - See Mangini

Mike McCarthy - Luke Warm - Started in 2006 has a playoff berth and an NFC North Championship. Also has a new defensive scheme to learn so even if on the rare chance the Pack falls on their faces this season I really don't see McCarthy going anywhere.

Gary Kubiak - Warm - Every year since he started the Texans have gotten better under Gary Kubiak otherwise he'd be in the boiling water by now. If the Texans were in almost any other division they'd have made the playoffs a couple of times. I don't see Kubiak being let go after this season.

Quote:
Considering the finished 8-4 after their stadium was damaged and they had to move their homes games elsewhere and got of to an 0-4 start. I'd have to say he is safe.
Jim Caldwell - Safe-ish - See Mangini

Quote:
I think he is on the hot seat right from the start. The expectations are too high in Indy and he had better bring the bacon home.
Jack Del Rio - Very Hot - Del Rio is a good coach very classy and all that but I think that we are looking at a situation where it is playoffs or bust for Del Rio.

Quote:
I expect the team to rebound and he should be safe.
Todd Haley - Safe - See all other 1st year coaches.

Tony Sparano - Safe - Second year head coach who made the playoffs after a one win season. He's safe.

Brad Childress - Very Warm - .500 record going into his 3rd season. A very talented team around him. I think ownership is looking for a bit more than a playoff berth this year.

Quote:
I think he is safe if he makes the playoffs.

Sean Payton - Luke Warm - A horrible season MIGHT cost him his job but I think he's pretty safe.

Tom Coughlin - Safe - A superbowl buys you three years.

Rex Ryan - See other 1st year coaches

Tom Cable - See above.

Quote:
Oakland will have to show considerable improvement because Al has a short fuse about HC's.
Andy Reid - slightly cool - I don't know maybe because I'm too close to the action here in Philly but there has been talk of this being Andy Reid's last year for a few years now. But I think he will make that decision.

Quote:
Safe as can be unless he decides to retire.
Mike Tomlin - Safe - Superbowl wins buy you at least 3 years.

Norv Turner - Very Warm - I mean They hired Turner to go where Schott couldn't deep in the playoffs. he hasn't really done it yet.

Quote:
I think he is holding this team back and any falter could easily cost him his job.
Mike Singletary - Safe - See others

Quote:
They had better improve because his antics could grow thin very fast.
Jim L. Mora - Safe

Steve Spagnuolo - Safe

Raheem Morris - Safe

Quote:
Anytime you take over a 2 time playoff team, expectations are high so I'd say lukewarm at this point.
Jeff Fisher - Safe - Great season last season.

Jim Zorn - Safe - It is only his second year anything better than the #1 overall pick should net him his job back.
Quote:
When you work for a nut case like Snyder, you had better produce or he'll look to sign a big name replacement. I'd therefore rate him as warm.
Of course, 6-8 new teams will make the playoffs which mean 6-8 old teams who made the playoffs last year won't repeat so their HC's could all be feeling the heat.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 05-29-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dick Jauron, Marvin Lewis, and Brad Childress, I think, are on the hottest of seats. If Jauron can't reach the playoffs or if his team collapses like they did last year then he's gone.

I like the Bills, I like the way their built but Jauron is not going to be the guy that gets them over the hump.

Marvin Lewis should have been gone.

Brad Childress has built a very good team that's a QB away from a Super Bowl. His gamble on Tavaris Jackson and now Sage Rosenfels is going to cost him his job.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must not know the redskins very well, if the redskins dont make it to the playoffs he is gone
Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
What are we "seeing above" for Cable? He could go any week of the season on the whim of Al Davis.

As for the list itself, I voted Childress, though as a Bears fan I truly hope he never ever leaves Minnesota.

I will say though that for that list, it's playoffs or bust for them all imo. They make the playoffs, they're safe, they don't, and I think they're gone. The lone exception might be Marvin Lewis because the Bengals are just weird....
While true with Al Davis nothing is certain but Cable is still kinda a first year Head Coach right? He was only interm head coach last year. So I think he is pretty safe in spite of working for Al Davis.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last year on Wade Phillips' contract. So I think he's gone no matter what happens. He'd have to have a really good season to get a new contract. I also picked Marvin Lewis. I think Cincy really appreciates him taking them out of obscurity, but this year may be the end of the line for him. The NFC North has two of the best teams in the game, and I bet that Cincinnati's front office wants to stay competitive. I know alot of people will scream for Childress to go, but I have a feeling that Minnesota likes to keep coaches around for their whole contract. Is he on the last year of his contract, or does he have a couple of more years left? Tom Cable is also another potential victim with Al Davis around, but Al Davis is a wild card. You never know with that guy. He could fire Tom Cable to hire Bob Satellite tomorrow, or he could keep Tom Cable around for 15 years just to spite everyone else.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've been thinking Lewis would be fired for years yet he still remains. Im given up expecting him to be fired, until his contract expires.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
We've been thinking Lewis would be fired for years yet he still remains. Im given up expecting him to be fired, until his contract expires.
That's what happens when you have one of the worst owners in professional sports .. and he's cheap so Lewis should likely stick around 'til that contract is up.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not whether Lewis gets fired, it's whether he quits imo. The job is his.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It's not whether Lewis gets fired, it's whether he quits imo. The job is his.
But why...I too have been wondering about this for years. That organization has transformed itself into an utter embarrassment. How long does this contract last?

I heard CP on the radio yesterday and he got asked about Sanchez: there was more than a little bitterness under the surface. "It must be great to be drafted that high, but still go to a quality organization dedicated to winning" etc. etc. I won't be surprised to see Carson finagle his way out of signing an extension with Cincy as soon as he can. He would be one shining jewel of a FA, even given his recent injury history.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say because Lewis is already under contract and he also carries the burden of wearing more than just the head coaching hat. The problem with the Bengals stems from the top.

I wish Carson the best. The sooner they can get rid of that idiot Chad Johnson, the better. He must go imo.

Don't underestimate the effect of Carson being the oldest guy on the offense and having this new influx of younger players, I say. Your stars set the tone for the rest of the team.

So when you have two ridiculously egotistical diva receivers, and you couple that with trying to make shortcuts to success by drafting players with high-end talent by questionable character, it creates a combustible situation that might hit the jackpot if everything can just go right (2005) but blow up in your face otherwise.

But once they finally rid themselves of the lunkhead, the team and the franchise will be Carson's through and through. And that will bode well for the Bengals and their future. It's still tough for them though because no matter what, two of their division rivals in the Steelers and the Ravens will have better front offices for the foreseeable future.

But Cincy had a very good draft this year, I thought. Could easily be a great draft class if guys live up to their potential.