Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks fantastic on the ipad.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iPhone bashers are hilarious. It's like when someone raises their voice in hopes of being heard while they're being completely disregarded.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive had my iPhone for like 2 months. I'm afraid of this update.

Also, I've heard rumors that putting your music on your iPhone makes it run slower. I'm a total iPhone n00b so if you laugh, I will hurt you. And cry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok so Idk if im dumb, but everytime I go to the update I see it but tells me I need 2.9 GB free to download it when its only a 667 MB OS??

Even so I dont even have 2.9 GB total on my phone in apps or photos yet still says Im using 5.2 GB?? Is there something I am not seeing?

Last edited by dunagan15 : 09-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still have to double-click the middle button to multi-task. Annoying.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
ok so Idk if im dumb, but everytime I go to the update I see it but tells me I need 2.9 GB free to download it when its only a 667 MB OS??

Even so I dont even have 2.9 GB total on my phone in apps or photos yet still says Im using 5.2 GB?? Is there something I am not seeing?
The OS takes up a good chunk of space, so you don't have as much free disk space as you would think.

Also, when installing something like an OS, you need free space to have a copy of the install, space for the new install and the current install, and then extra space to thrash around some data.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheres the web search option?!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
iPhone bashers are hilarious. It's like when someone raises their voice in hopes of being heard while they're being completely disregarded.
I'm not really an iPhone basher. I've used an Android and then I wanted an iPhone and got one. From my experience, Android is vastly superior.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it an unavoidable update? I have no problem with how my iPhone currently works.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I updated to iOS 6, my iPad 2 crashed and lost everything.. so I'm kinda worried about updating to 7.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I updated completely in about 20 minutes total. I know a lot of people had issues but mine went smoothly.

Only thing I'm having an issue is with the quick web search. The phone search is there but it doesn't give you the option of searching the web.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys suck at helping and answering questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such a great upgrade. The aesthetics look much better. The mail app looks much better and is much improved, and slowly all your common apps are upgrading their layouts to look more iOS 7'ish and they all just look much better and are more intuitive in their design.

The music integration is much better now, the multitasking screen is better, your photos and their organization is better, just overall a very good job by them.

I was worried they were going to try to reinvent the wheel with the OS and they didn't. They kept their identity while upgrading it and they pulled it off real well. Very pleased with this.

I was considering going back to Android but after seeing this I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with the iPhone and upgrading to the 6 when it comes out.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All my photos are gone yaaaaaay.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
All my photos are gone yaaaaaay.
You're not backed up on the cloud?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am, but for some reason 90% of my photos that were only on my phone and not the cloud weren't showing, the spots for said photos were there but none of the actual pictures showed.

I have them all saved on my comp, and I reloaded them to my phone, but it's just annoying they're all in a different folder on my phone now.

Also all my music was gone yaaaaaaay. But I don't mind that too much as I reload music regularly.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I need to delete the music off my phone and just get spotify. I only have 15 gigs, and I only have 2 gigs of free space right now. I only listen to music in my car so I figure spotify should hold me down, either that or I'll just get an ipod for my car and transfer all my music from my phone to my ipod.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The quick menu when you pull up from the lock screen is pretty awesome, took them long enough to have that.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The music integration in the lock screen improved too. That's one thing I always loved about this phone, hardware and software integration is well done.

And I like the redesign of many apps. The Facebook app looks a lot better now, twitter looks cleaner.

More apps will clean up their design for iOS 7 in the future as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The music integration in the lock screen improved too. That's one thing I always loved about this phone, hardware and software integration is well done.

And I like the redesign of many apps. The Facebook app looks a lot better now, twitter looks cleaner.

More apps will clean up their design for iOS 7 in the future as well.
The problem that developers are having is that iOS7 vs iOS6 is a pretty big jump in both design and behind the scene implementations. Supporting both is a big PITA.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still can't multi task without jamming my thumb through my ******* case into that annoying middle button.

Such a first world problem but it's silly. Why can't the multi tasking be on screeeeeeen.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The problem that developers are having is that iOS7 vs iOS6 is a pretty big jump in both design and behind the scene implementations. Supporting both is a big PITA.
I think there's no need to design for both. iOS 7 is for the 4, 4s, 5 and 5s. Anyone who has an older generation iPhone is due to upgrade their phone anyway.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Still can't multi task without jamming my thumb through my ******* case into that annoying middle button.

Such a first world problem but it's silly. Why can't the multi tasking be on screeeeeeen.
Use the ghost home button.

Or get a new case.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really like how they redesigned the mail app. I had the gmail app bc the old mail app just wasn't very intuitive (i learned to hate it) but the new mail app is well done. Now I don't really have a need for the gmail app, it's redundant now.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think there's no need to design for both. iOS 7 is for the 4, 4s, 5 and 5s. Anyone who has an older generation iPhone is due to upgrade their phone anyway.
Yes, actually there is. The adoption rate will be slower for iOS7 on those older devices. The 4 and 4s were being sold this year. There are plenty of new devices that aren't going to be running so hot with iOS7 for years to come. People will resist that change, IMO.

SO basically, i've got a bunch of features to roll out that are going to be iOS7 only because I am an army of one.