Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
What are the chances that Carroll and Schneider are kicking themselves for pulling the trigger on Whitehurst? I know hindsight is 20-20, but the chances of Clausen dropping to #6 just went way up assuming some team doesn't try to move in front of Seattle to select him.

I have a nasty little feeling we're going to see Clausen drop quite a bit now.
1 thing I've been thinking is maybe they are planning on dealing Hasselbeck, drafting Clausen and having him sit for a year behind Whitehurst. The way it's looking, Clausen could be there at 14. Maybe Whitehurst is just a backup plan in case Clausen gets taken before 6? We all know Hass won't make it past week 3, so something had to be done at QB.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
1 thing I've been thinking is maybe they are planning on dealing Hasselbeck, drafting Clausen and having him sit for a year behind Whitehurst. The way it's looking, Clausen could be there at 14. Maybe Whitehurst is just a backup plan in case Clausen gets taken before 6? We all know Hass won't make it past week 3, so something had to be done at QB.
I doubt they would invest nearly $10 million in Whitehurst to have him bridge the gap for Clausen - if that was the plan, why wouldn't they just keep Hass, who seems like he'd be perfect to be the veteran mentor anyway?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They got the second pick in the 5th for Rob Sims.

What is the O-Line looking like now?

LT: Draft pick
LG: Wrotto?
C: Spencer?
RG: Unger?
RT: Locklear?

or

LT: Draft pick
LG: Locklear
C: Unger
RG: Spencer
RT: Willis

..........?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I doubt they would invest nearly $10 million in Whitehurst to have him bridge the gap for Clausen - if that was the plan, why wouldn't they just keep Hass, who seems like he'd be perfect to be the veteran mentor anyway?

Well considering its an uncapped year, and 10 mill over 2 years isn't much if at all above the going rate for a backup QB, I don't think his contract is an issue.

Well my thinking is that they might not want to have to throw Clausen to the wolves, Hass will be hurt by week 3 and Clausen would be thrown in. I think WHitehurst gives us a better chance of keeping a healthy QB on the field so Clausen can sit and learn. At this point, being a mentor/coach might be all he Matt is good for.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't know - I think it's far more likely that they didn't do their homework and are indeed now kicking themselves knowing that Clausen will likely be there at #6 and could definitely be there at #14 than that they wanted to throw away 20 spots and 3rd for a bridge QB.

If Sanchize AND Clausen are both franchise QBs in a few years then and Whitehurst doesn't pan out...

...yeah, that would be bad.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Oh I'm not saying I think that is what they were thinking, just that it's a possiblity. I do think they gave up too much for Whitehurst. Unless of course they are certain he's going to be a top QB and just absolutely couldn't let him go to the Cardinals.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that I actually am beginning to believe is that Clausen is going to drop to 14. Washington brought him in for an interview and soon after went and traded for McNabb. Now, maybe I'm reading a little bit too much into this, but if you thought that Clausen had a chance to be a franchise QB, you don't do that trade for McNabb. I think that something about Clausen scared them away.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
One thing that I actually am beginning to believe is that Clausen is going to drop to 14. Washington brought him in for an interview and soon after went and traded for McNabb. Now, maybe I'm reading a little bit too much into this, but if you thought that Clausen had a chance to be a franchise QB, you don't do that trade for McNabb. I think that something about Clausen scared them away.
I could definitely see it. I have a feeling Chan Gailey wants someone else to run his offense. Whether we take him or not, that's another thing.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to spring practice today, some observations:

Montana has pretty good zip on his short and intermediate stuff. His deep ball floats a lot though.

Our pass catchers still drop an alarming number of passes. Even during drills they were dropping a lot more balls than they should have been.

Sark does not waste any of practice time, and he's right in the middle of everything being vocal.

Jake looked like Jake.

Although I was hoping to see something, Sark didn't give us any 3-4 looks. He mentioned it in an interview and we have two big boys to play nose in Ta'amu and Tokolahi.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Random thought: Why not just offer T.J. Housmandzadeh and a 5th for Brandon Marshall? Have Paul Allen eat the bonuses and there is no cap....
Old 04-09-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Also, recruits that were in attendance who I noticed/can remember:

Lakes-
QB/DB Cedric Dozier
OT Zach Banner

Bellevue-
RB/DB Dakota Jones
RB/DB Joey Moore (my memory is a little fuzzy on numbers and I can't find a picture)

Issaquah-
Nik Landdeck

and then Taniela Tupou who committed.

Last edited by Cicero : 04-09-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Clausen, who left Notre Dame after his junior season and was unable to work out until now due to his toe injury, went directly from his pro day workout into a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks, who were represented Friday by offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch. Clausen was scheduled to fly to Buffalo for a visit with the Bills after Friday’s workout.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/09/notr...of-toe-injury/
Old 04-10-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Clausen, who left Notre Dame after his junior season and was unable to work out until now due to his toe injury, went directly from his pro day workout into a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks, who were represented Friday by offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch. Clausen was scheduled to fly to Buffalo for a visit with the Bills after Friday’s workout.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/09/notr...of-toe-injury/
Yeah, I have significant doubts that they'll take him at 6 unless he showed them something that they loved in that private workout, but I still think that he is a very real possibility at 14, and if he falls to 14 then I have a hard time seeing us pass on him.

Quote:
Random thought: Why not just offer T.J. Housmandzadeh and a 5th for Brandon Marshall? Have Paul Allen eat the bonuses and there is no cap....
I like this idea

Old 04-10-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A buddy of mine is a huge Seahawks fan and he's been telling me for last couple years that they need a DT. I like Mebane but they need someone next to him. What would you think about Dan Williams at #14? Did Colin Cole or Red Bryant show enough to prevent them from adding a difference make in the middle?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Cole wasn't really all that bad last season. And they have some young guys.

They really need help in so many other areas, so I think they may address DT at some point, but most likely not in round one.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Another random thought about Marshall (I think they really want to add him because of the visit - they also need a WR badly)...

Maybe they are waiting to see if a certain coveted player will fall to pick #14 or not (C.J. Spiller maybe).

If the target isn't there, they'll look into dealing that pick to Denver for Marshall. Maybe the deal would involve Denver giving up Marshall and a 3rd for #14.

If Spiller goes 13th, I'd be OK with ^.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Another random thought about Marshall (I think they really want to add him because of the visit - they also need a WR badly)...

Maybe they are waiting to see if a certain coveted player will fall to pick #14 or not (C.J. Spiller maybe).

If the target isn't there, they'll look into dealing that pick to Denver for Marshall. Maybe the deal would involve Denver giving up Marshall and a 3rd for #14.

If Spiller goes 13th, I'd be OK with ^.
Well I don't see Spiller coming to Seattle. Everyone is mocking him there, and yes he is a difference maker that will tempt the hawks and would make an immediate impact, but I just can't see it happening. Dez Bryant maybe, since he fills a position of need, but not Spiller when they already have two guys who aren't great between the tackles. The only way I see them taking Spiller is if they are planning on drafting a bigger RB to help him carry the load and releasing Jones, but that involves drafting two RBs when we have so many other positions of need...

Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Way to be an upstanding citizen Leroy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ahawks_24.html
Old 04-12-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Way to be an upstanding citizen Leroy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ahawks_24.html
saw this. What a prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Ya, I think it's pretty safe to say that he's getting suspended for 4 games at least from just the marijuana part...no idea how much more this is gonna add on.

Probably getting traded too.

Last edited by summond822 : 04-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

On a different note, am I the only one who really doesn't want Derrick Morgan at 14? I watched some tape of him and I just don't see an explosive playmaker. I see a solid DE, but to be honest, he reminds me of Chris Long. High floor, low ceiling. He's never going to be a 10 sack guy.

I personally think we already have a guy like him in Lawrence Jackson, so why would we need two?

Just some thoughts about the mocks I keep seeing. Knock me off my train of thought as you see fit.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

I'm not really a fan of Morgan but picking him wouldn't really upset me.

This Marshall trade makes me wonder.. If we do end up trading pick 14 for him who do you want at 6? The more I watch Spillers game tape.. The more I want him in a Seahawks jersey. If Berry's gone at 6 and we trade for Marshall I'd be happy using pick 6 on Spiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I would be thrilled using the 6th pick on Spiller regardless of anything. Those types of players not only bring excitement but score points. And scoring points is the name of the game.

I like Derrick Morgan. 18.5 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks last season. Plus he can play the run.

He may not be a perennial Pro Bowler but I think he'd be a solid starting end for the Seahawks and a good pick at #14.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

But guys... I would be pretty surprised if they didn't select an OT at #6.

All signs point to them taking Bulaga or T. Williams at that slot.

After that, the 14th pick could be used on just about anything... should be interesting.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I'd be excited to bring in Spiller, I just can't see it happening. I mean I think that he would be a bigger game changer than Marshall, plus we wouldn't have to deal with the extra baggage that Marshall would bring. My main issue is that Carroll has repeatedly said that he wants to bring a bigger back who can run it between the tackles. I just don't see us spending two picks on RB in this draft. Maybe they sign a veteran RB like Thomas or Fargas. They both seem like ZBS runners, the only problem is their health.

And as for Morgan's stats, Jackson his senior year posted 60 tackles, 17 TFL & 10.5 sacks in 13 games. Thats 5 more tackles, 1.5 less TFL, & 2 less sacks in 1 less game. So I think they are really way too similar to spend a draft pick on Morgan.

Not to mention that Morgan was completely neutralized against Iowa in the bowl game. They moved him all over trying to get him into 1-on-1 match ups and he didn't win those match ups. Not all of them were against Bulaga either.

Last edited by summond822 : 04-12-2010 at 11:46 PM.