Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
You just had to mention Crabtree... :(
Crabtree would've looked like crap on our team last year. We would've been having this conversation about him not playing up to his potential, so just forget him.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike and Reggie Williams combine for over/under 90 catches and 8 td's this year combined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Mike and Reggie Williams combine for over/under 90 catches and 8 td's this year combined?
Definitely under. One of them probably wont even be there for the opener.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over. Way over. Clearly.

Mike: 61 catches, 925 yards, 10 td.
Reggie: 54 catches, 734 yards, 6 td.

Easily.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way I see one of them not being with the team come the start of the season is if we draft Dez Bryant. Our WR depth is just plain awful, at least bringing in these two gives us an opportunity to make plays along the sideline. So I have to agree with the over prediction. I just don't see 10 TD coming from Mike Williams.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
The only way I see one of them not being with the team come the start of the season is if we draft Dez Bryant. Our WR depth is just plain awful, at least bringing in these two gives us an opportunity to make plays along the sideline. So I have to agree with the over prediction. I just don't see 10 TD coming from Mike Williams.
LOL there is no way those players combine for anywhere NEAR 10 touchdowns. The over under for TDs from them should be set at 3.5.

They were once good college players but the bottom line is that they've both been out of football for a while and were never good pro receivers to begin with.

Anything the Seahawks get out of either of them is an added bonus.

The team likes Obamanu, Carroll says he likes Branch, so I think they'll add a receiver sometime in the draft to compete for a roster spot with the two Williams brothers.

I love Carlton Mitchell.

We also know that good WR gems can be found in the fourth and fifth - they have 4 combined picks in those rounds.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

By the way, I want to comment on the Schedule.

I've been a very pessimistic fan recently, but I think that schedule could shape up to be very favorable.

With Warner gone and San Fran (well San Fran is clearly better on paper but paper doesn't matter) ....

point is I think they could sneak into the playoffs.

C.J. Spiller would be a huge boost that could help the team immediately become competitive in this division.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I just looked at USC's schedule the past two years to see how often Carrol scored through the air in the red zone where the William's would come in handy. I may have missed a couple on accident, but you can see the trends.

In 2009 with a freshman QB they only scored 8 TD's through the air, with 19 TD's coming from the ground game.

In 2008 with Sanchez they scored 23 TD's through the air, with 24 coming from the ground game. Of course, there are like 8 running TD's that came when USC was WAAAY ahead, such as against WSU and *cringe* Washington.

Also, we don't know if the new coaching staff likes Obumanu. The old one did, but I haven't heard anything about any of the receivers except the Williams's and Branch. I don't expect Obumanu to be with the team when the season starts.

Also, there were reasons why these guys were top 10 picks. They have a rare blend of tools that if they finally put it together could lead to them being absolute steals for us. Are they going to? We'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

I think Reggie has a spot on the team as a 6th reciever. He brings really strong blocking and a big target in the red zone which is more then enough to ask for out of a 6th reciever. In my opinion, he's looking at about 200-300 yards and a couple TDs in limited PT. Mike Williams on the other hand has much more potential to contribute, but his floor is much lower. I think if he does end up impressing and making the team, he will end up as somewhere between the 2nd reciever, to the 4th reciever. However, the pessimist in me sees him not even making the team. I'd rather have Reggie on the team then Ruvell Martin, but the competition for the 4th, 5th and 6th spots (that is, if we keep 6 recievers) is between the Williams', Obamanu, Martin and Morey. Morey probably has a spot for his special teams, and that leaves the other 4.

Last edited by MikeTeel : 04-21-2010 at 12:50 AM.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^Jeez. I completely forgot about Morey and Martin. Maybe they won't draft a WR after all...

Well, we were all getting comfortable with OT, Spiller, safety, etc. in some order for Thursday. Now here's a new wrench from an informed source...

SI's Peter King:

Quote:
I know for a fact the Seahawks covet Clausen. They wouldn't seem to be a team with a quarterback desire in the first round, not after making the deal with San Diego for prospect Charlie Whitehurst. But they may not be able to NOT pick him if he's there at 14. Ron Wolf always taught Schneider in Green Bay that you never turn down the chance to pick a franchise quarterback.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
By the way, I want to comment on the Schedule.

I've been a very pessimistic fan recently, but I think that schedule could shape up to be very favorable.

With Warner gone and San Fran (well San Fran is clearly better on paper but paper doesn't matter) ....

point is I think they could sneak into the playoffs.

C.J. Spiller would be a huge boost that could help the team immediately become competitive in this division.
I don't know if Spiller is a Carroll kind of guy, but he would be a tremendous assett in that offense, especially if Pete is looking for his NFL "Reggie Bush", as Spiller has crazy skills on returns and as a sneak-out-of-the-backfield WR like Bush was used at USC. I'm sure that if C.J.'s name was called in the first for the SeaChickens, Hasselbeck would be a happy QB!
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Actually yeah, looking at the WR's I kind of doubt we take a WR early. Maybe if someone like Taylor Price is still there in round 4, but otherwise I don't really see it.

Housh, Branch, Butler, Morey, Martin, Williams, Williams, Obumanu. If either of the Williams actually contributes we could have an almost decent passing game. Well, except we know that Morey is gonna make the team for special teams, not WR skills.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This particular draft is high on WR value, so knowing Pete Carroll, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Heck, you already have an underutilized Bilitnekoff-award-winning receiver on your roster, Mike Hass. I remember (and I know Pete Carroll remembers) him toasting many All-Pro USC secondaries in his Oregon days.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

So Carroll is doing this little draft trivia thing on his twitter account where he gives out songs that apparently correspond to who the team is going to draft. Here's the list so far:

California Love by Tupac
Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
Jump Around by House of Pain
Back Door Man by the Doors
Let the Beat Build by Lil Wayne
Soul Sacrifice by Santana

Is it just me or is this leading to a Taylor Mays/Eric Berry selection?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
This particular draft is high on WR value, so knowing Pete Carroll, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Heck, you already have an underutilized Bilitnekoff-award-winning receiver on your roster, Mike Hass. I remember (and I know Pete Carroll remembers) him toasting many All-Pro USC secondaries in his Oregon days.
Quote:
Actually yeah, looking at the WR's I kind of doubt we take a WR early. Maybe if someone like Taylor Price is still there in round 4, but otherwise I don't really see it.

Housh, Branch, Butler, Morey, Martin, Williams, Williams, Obumanu. If either of the Williams actually contributes we could have an almost decent passing game. Well, except we know that Morey is gonna make the team for special teams, not WR skills.
Excuse me there Hawk fans-I've been trying to figure out the angle to signing Mike and Reggie and I'm coming up blank. What is the deal with signing the Williamses? It's like they want to find out what made these guys top 10 busts. I'd expect a good bunch of that WR lot to be cut around training camp so is it a smokescreen for Dez?

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Excuse me there Hawk fans-I've been trying to figure out the angle to signing Mike and Reggie and I'm coming up blank. What is the deal with signing the Williamses? It's like they want to find out what made these guys top 10 busts. I'd expect a good bunch of that WR lot to be cut around training camp so is it a smokescreen for Dez?
It's really a low/medium/high return for a low risk. If neither of the Williams play well, we cut them and we lose nothing. If either one of them even shows flashes of why they where top 10 picks then we got a steal.

And I'm not too convinced the Seahawks would take Bryant, but you never know. Maybe if they trade down from 6 or 14 and pick up more picks, especially a early-to-mid second rounder, then maybe they draft Bryant. That said, this team lacks a true big-play threat so Bryant is a very real possibility if the talk of him being off their board isn't factual at all.

Last edited by summond822 : 04-22-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we cant get Spiller at 14 we have to trade down, get an early second and turn that into Mardy Gilyard. Its that simple. We need playmakers and the best play makers are the ones who can't count past 15.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL there is no way those players combine for anywhere NEAR 10 touchdowns. The over under for TDs from them should be set at 3.5.

They were once good college players but the bottom line is that they've both been out of football for a while and were never good pro receivers to begin with.

Anything the Seahawks get out of either of them is an added bonus.

The team likes Obamanu, Carroll says he likes Branch, so I think they'll add a receiver sometime in the draft to compete for a roster spot with the two Williams brothers.

I love Carlton Mitchell.

We also know that good WR gems can be found in the fourth and fifth - they have 4 combined picks in those rounds.

I was just looking at some highlights of Carton Mitchell, and I'm not sure sure. Great athlete for sure, but all his catches seemed to be on broken plays where he had a lot of room to run in a straight line. I'd rather have Benn, Gilyard or Jacoby Ford at 60. Assuming Gerhart is gone. Gilyard and Ford would have value at RET as well.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Only having 40 catches scares me. I mean physically he looks really similar to Brandon Marshall, but he still only has 40 catches...

Old 04-23-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Rumor is that they could send #60 to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch.

If they keep the pick, I'd target:

DE
Everson Griffen
Carlos Dunlap

S
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Chad Jones
Reshad Jones

WR
Jordan Shipley
Eric Decker
Carlton Mitchell
Mike Williams

or Dexter McCluster
Old 04-23-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rumor is that they could send #60 to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch.

If they keep the pick, I'd target:

DE
Everson Griffen
Carlos Dunlap

S
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Chad Jones
Reshad Jones

WR
Jordan Shipley
Eric Decker
Carlton Mitchell
Mike Williams

or Dexter McCluster
Bad move bringing in Lynch, i'll guarantee you that Gerhart or Dixon can get as many yards as Lynch for a longer period of time for a lot less headaches.

Not sure why they would target a safety after drafting Thomas. I would focus on a RB/DE/WR in that order in the next few rounds. Some of the names i like:

Tate
Dunlap
Gerhart
Decker
Sapp
Joseph
Cooper
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO LYNCH!!!! I seriously think that would be a horrible investment in a player that can't even stay out of trouble in Buffalo! I mean what the hell is there to do in Buffalo????

And yes, Gerhart & Tate are superior to Lynch in that we don't have to worry about them being locker room cancers.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO LYNCH!!!! I seriously think that would be a horrible investment in a player that can't even stay out of trouble in Buffalo! I mean what the hell is there to do in Buffalo????

And yes, Gerhart & Tate are superior to Lynch in that we don't have to worry about them being locker room cancers.
I love Marshawn, but he is not worth a second. give up our 4th and i'll be fine with it.

Quote:

Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wishlist, in no particular order. And assuming Golden Tate is gone, because if he falls to 60 I'd be ecstatic.

Gerhart. (That one's in "particular order.")

Arrelious Benn, Jacoby Ford, Mardy Gilyard, Everson Griffen, or LaMarr Houston. I'd be cool with Ben Tate at 60, I guess, if all those guys are gone.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

...Colt McCoy falls to Seattle? Could it be?