Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-07-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Phil Steele College Football Preview

Holy **** LAWLZ

*Bold=too low
* Italicized=too high
*Bold+Italicized=Notre Damn way too ******* high

#1 Florida
#2 Texas
#3 USC
#4 Oklahoma
#5 Penn State
#6 Mississippi
#7 Notre Dame
#8 Alabama
#9 California
#10 OSU
#11 Va Tech
#12 Boise State
#13 Georgia
#14 Oklahoma State
#15 BYU
#16 Rutgers
#17 LSU
#18 TCU
#20 Iowa
#21 U Miami
#22 Nebraska
#23 Pitt
#24 UCLA
#25 Clemson
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even i think ND has no bizz being there, they might end up there but let us show it on the field first. The team has all the potential in the world but thats just what it is atm, potential. TBH i think TCU is to low as well. Id also have FSU in my top 25. my stop for nd would be about 18

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
even i think ND has no bizz being there, they might end up there but let us show it on the field first. The team has all the potential in the world but thats just what it is atm, potential. TBH i think TCU is to low as well. Id also have FSU in my top 25. my stop for nd would be about 18
Notre Dame is not better than FSU.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he doesn't rank 'em on how good they are, he does by how he thinks they'll finish logically. Easier schedule + lots of returning starter = good season. I wouldn't put 'em there either regardless though meself.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Steele is Charlie Weis's brother. FSU will not be good in 2009, they have absolutely nobody to throw the ball to. I think their future is looking brighter though, for the first time I see somewhat of a glimmer of hope for them to get back to close to what they were.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Notre Dame is not better than FSU.
Yeah, they probably are.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yeah, they probably are.
Silly me. I guess we aren't then, if you say so.

Please tell me, with your divine knowledge, how they are better.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Silly me. I guess we aren't then, if you say so.

Please tell me, with your divine knowledge, how they are better.
Better offense, most experienced OL in the country, improving defense etc...

No need to be a wise-ass.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Better offense, most experienced OL in the country, improving defense etc...

No need to be a wise-ass.
How many FSU games did you actually watch this year? We will have the better offense this year. Agree to disagree I guess.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
How many FSU games did you actually watch this year?
Wake, Miami, Florida and Wisconsin.

Quote:
We will have the better offense this year.
Who do you have that is better than Michael Floyd, Golden Tate or Kyle Rudolph?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many FSU games did you actually watch this year? We will have the better offense this year. Agree to disagree I guess.
What? You don't have a very good QB, you don't have a RB that's proven anything in a significant role, University of Montana State Tech has better WR's than you guys right now and your OL is incredibly overrated. What (or who?) could you possibly be excited about on offense?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the OL is the only thing FSU has. the rest of their offense is nothing.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
#10 OSU
Michigan homerism aside, I think Ohio State's a tad overrated. (Ha, what else is new?) Pryor will undoubtedly build on his good freshman year, but there are new starters at RB, WR (both), LT, MLB, SLB, and CB1. Ohio State's a deep team, but replacing guys like Chris Wells, Brian Robiskie, James Laurinaitis, Marcus Freeman and Malcolm Jenkins is a daunting task.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, i can see fsu being better than nd this yr. experienced or not, they still are pretty elite as far as having athletes on their roster. they've just had terrible coaching lately. last year it looked like that was changing.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:51 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wake, Miami, Florida and Wisconsin.

Who do you have that is better than Michael Floyd, Golden Tate or Kyle Rudolph?
A running game and a defense.

I think Miami is too high, especially considering how tough their first 4 games are. They have a legit chance of starting 0-4.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:59 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
A running game and a defense.

I think Miami is too high, especially considering how tough their first 4 games are. They have a legit chance of starting 0-4.
our defense is fine. we have the best secondary in the nation (if you dont believe me fine but watch this season, our secondary is SICK), we have good linebackers and our dline is quick and strong but thin.
I think our running game will be vastly improved as well this season (early indications seem to imply that) but that is of course speculation so I'll give you that one. But at the moment ND should be a bit better than FSU imo, not much but a bit for sure.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Steele knows nothing about College Football appearantly
Old 06-08-2009, 07:45 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What? You don't have a very good QB, you don't have a RB that's proven anything in a significant role, University of Montana State Tech has better WR's than you guys right now and your OL is incredibly overrated. What (or who?) could you possibly be excited about on offense?
I don't really see how our line is overrated. You'll have to explain that one. It's the strongest part of our team. You'll see what's to be excited about on Labor Day when we beat Miami by atleast 14.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
our defense is fine. we have the best secondary in the nation (if you dont believe me fine but watch this season, our secondary is SICK), we have good linebackers and our dline is quick and strong but thin.
I think our running game will be vastly improved as well this season (early indications seem to imply that) but that is of course speculation so I'll give you that one. But at the moment ND should be a bit better than FSU imo, not much but a bit for sure.
homer alerts going off all over the place....but this one broke my homer detector.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
homer alerts going off all over the place....but this one broke my homer detector.
really check it out during the season. We have four corners (Blanton, Walls, McNeill and Gray) who would be starters anywhere, we have last years leading tackler McCarthey, an athletic freak in Sergio Brown and a great tackler with good quickness and lateral movement in Harrison Smith. If you are so certain that it is homerific this, please give me a secondary i should take over ours. (spoiler alert, florida wont do, less depth and to small corners)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
florida wont do, less depth and to small corners)
Who gives a **** how big they are if they get the job done? And less depth? Are you ******* kidding me? Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins both **** on anyone on ND's roster. Will Hill, Florida's nickel back/third safety, would start on Notre Dame.

Teams that have a better secondary than Notre Dame...

- Florida
- Tennessee
- Virginia Tech
- Miami
- Auburn

and a whole bunch more. You'd think the "best secondary in the nation" would have finished higher than 43rd in pass D last year. Statements like yours are why people hate Notre Dame.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who were his surprise teams? He usually hits on at least two of them (mainly because he picks like ten but still).

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Who gives a **** how big they are if they get the job done? And less depth? Are you ******* kidding me? Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins both **** on anyone on ND's roster. Will Hill, Florida's nickel back/third safety, would start on Notre Dame.

Teams that have a better secondary than Notre Dame...

- Florida
- Tennessee
- Virginia Tech
- Miami
- Auburn

and a whole bunch more. You'd think the "best secondary in the nation" would have finished higher than 43rd in pass D last year. Statements like yours are why people hate Notre Dame.
LOL at the bolded part.
How about the fact we had a pathetic DLine, mediocre linebackers at best and we had no run game so our D was on the field A LOT. Besides that our best corner (Walls) was out last season. Of course you are free to disagree with me but making it seem like a ridiculous statement just shows your own ignorance because plenty of neutral evaluators (CFB live amongst other) rated ND's secondary amongst the nations best for the upcoming season.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
LOL at the bolded part.
Will Hill is a beast.

Quote:
Of course you are free to disagree with me but making it seem like a ridiculous statement just shows your own ignorance because plenty of neutral evaluators (CFB live amongst other) rated ND's secondary amongst the nations best for the upcoming season.
Super. As we all know, games are played on paper. How'd that '06 pre-season hype work out for you?

I've seen ND's secondary. It's nothing to write home about. And yes, Will Hill would start on ND.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Will Hill is a beast.
kinda like Sergio Brown only smaller

Quote:
Super. As we all know, games are played on paper. How'd that '06 pre-season hype work out for you?
Like Michigan never has been overrated, lol.

Quote:
I've seen ND's secondary. It's nothing to write home about. And yes, Will Hill would start on ND.
Maybe you've seen it but you apparently havent been looking.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin