Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-08-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it shows how much they got beat!
Well in this case it shouldn't really be used. He was used much more as a 4th linebacker type. It was almost like a 3-3-5.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sniper and others are right, IMO. Will Hill would have been a starter last year on most teams, it just speaks to the depth and talent playing in UF's secondary.

I said it last year that Florida has more defensive backfield speed than most NFL teams.

Miami is my surprise team coming into the season and is too low at #21, CLemson and especially UCLA shouldn't even be on anyone's top 25, ( UCLA was God-awful last year and players are leaving that program it seems like every week!), and until Notre Dame finishes a season with more than 8 wins, they should never be included in anyone's preseason top 25.

Sure the Irish have high ranked recruiting classes lately, but that talent rarely shows on the field.

Anyone that has ND over Alabama(!!), LSU, Ohio State, and Georgia is seriously hurting their own credibility.

Ohio State may have lost tons of talent, leadership and experience on defense and offense, but I bet by midseason, except for Wells, none of those guys who left will be missed at all.

I think USC loses at least 2 games this year, and I would have been fine with UM and FSU given a nod in the final 25.

Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins : 06-08-2009 at 03:34 PM.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan's finishing #1. Deal with it.

:D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rodriguez's days are numbered at UM, unless he gets things turned around before the end of this season.

I never thought he was a good fit in Ann Arbor, and IMO Michigan boosters and the AD overreacted to the upset loss to App State.

Too many superstar HS recruits who normally would have gone to Michigan are turning the program down because of that funky offensive system Rodriguez runs that no one thinks prepares a player to excel in the pros.

If Rich doesn't win 8 games this year, I see him getting one more year to fix things at UM, before he's shown the door.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
Rodriguez's days are numbered at UM, unless he gets things turned around before the end of this season.
Maybe, maybe not. He had to start basically from scratch after losing so many players.

Quote:
I never thought he was a good fit in Ann Arbor
A bit early to write him off. Like I said, it took a perfect storm to cause everything to go wrong. Is he to blame? Partly, yes. Does he deserve all the blame? No.

Quote:
and IMO Michigan boosters and the AD overreacted to the upset loss to App State.
Carr was retiring at the end of that season either way.

Quote:
Too many superstar HS recruits who normally would have gone to Michigan are turning the program down because of that funky offensive system Rodriguez runs that no one thinks prepares a player to excel in the pros.
Offensive recruiting isn't really a problem right now.

Quote:
If Rich doesn't win 8 games this year, I see him getting one more year to fix things at UM, before he's shown the door.
Maybe two more years.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
that is not the argument. But everybody seems to agree that ND's wr are pretty good and since our DB's are better they can be no worse than pretty good.
Hence if our WR's are lets say top 5-10 nationally and are DB's are better, odds are that they are top 5-10 nationally as well.

It is a personal statement that they are the best, one you are free to disagree with. I dont take offense in that but I do think it is just wrong to think that is an outrageous(sp?) opinion.
This is terrible, terrible, terrible, and terrible logic.

How highly ranked/good your WRs are have absolutely nothing to do with how good your DBs are. Even if we just assume for this argument that ND has the #1 WR corps in the country, just because ND's DB corps is better (again, we'll assume it for the argument's sake) doesn't mean that other teams' DB corps aren't as good. How different units within a team compare to eachother is completely independent from how they rank against other teams.

Also, your whole argument that "they haven't performed the best as a unit, but they have done well individually, so they are the best" is laughable. How can Blanton be your best DB last season, yet McCarthy was defensive MVP? IDC if individual players do well by themselves or are the best pro prospects ever at their positions, if they can't function together they are not the best secondary.

Notre Dame was 43rd in pass defense in 08, 45th in rush defense, and 39th in overall defense. Now, I know rush D and overall D isn't the tell-all for a secondary, but are you telling me that ND just jumped ahead of 42 teams this offseason in terms of pass defense?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention the teams they played.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not that much teams with really good qbs this season imo.
After McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Locker and Snead things are getting mighty thin.
What about "Swinging Dick" Stanzi at Iowa?

After reading this thread I'm convinced that

a) Steele doesn't know d*ck about college fb, &
b) it's confirmed: there really is no homer like a Golden Domer homer.

& c) It's open season on homers with no bag limit now that college ball kicks off in 13 wks.

I couldn't believe the drivel I read in those posts about ND. The only thing the Irish have to look fwd. to this fall is that Michigan is in an even deeper downward spiral than they are with transferring players leaving on planes/trains/automobiles, & that's a W for ND. All the pundits think the seat underneath Weis is going to heat up unless they get 7-8 wins & a BCS bowl bid. Won't happen, they have one of the worst pass protecting o-lines in Div. 1 & Clausen is going to do a pinata imitation. Athlon has zero Irish players listed in their 1st, 2nd & 3rd All America teams & ranks ND 24th nationally, I think that's way too high.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Stanzi is a top 10 QB.

He had a pretty good first year starting (majority of the season) as a RS Soph. He still has to prove he can repeat/improve this season, improve his decision making, and work on not looking down his receivers. He also has proven that he has adequate accuracy, so he needs to improve that a little bit.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Lizard, there hasn't been a single transfer since Justin Boren and Ryan Mallett of a player in the two-deep. It really isn't that bad.

Tate Forcier for Heisman.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i shall withdraw from this discussion since ND bashing is a thing that people prefer to a serious discussion. Its been a while since I had a serious post on this subject in reply (sniper you did give proper arguments although I disagree with you so dont take this personally) so I shall no longer feed the dogs on this and ill just allow ignorance to prevail

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering here.....do you get little work books with tons of excuses and cop outs when you sign up to be a ND fan?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
i shall withdraw from this discussion since ND bashing is a thing that people prefer to a serious discussion. Its been a while since I had a serious post on this subject in reply (sniper you did give proper arguments although I disagree with you so dont take this personally) so I shall no longer feed the dogs on this and ill just allow ignorance to prevail
Personally, I don't mean to bash ND. I don't know enough about them to say if they are the best or worst at something, except WR where they are easily top 5, but I just want to know your logic in saying that ND's secondary is the best when most other indicators say otherwise. The logic that they are, in your opinion and some others, better than a great WR unit means that they are a top DB unit is really bad. I just don't understand how you can believe that.

That's all I don't understand because it is a completely illogical and irrational comparison.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone pick it up today?
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought Phil Steele and Lindy's last night
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 15 for Penn State? Sure. I don't see a top 5 team this season, although it is possible with our soft schedule. We replace every reciever, replace a lot of olineman, lost three of our best pass rushers, and lost damn near everyone in the secondary. Our front seven and running game will be filthy, though.

Although I like Pitt, I do not see them being a top 25 team. They lost their only offensive player, have no good quarterbacks, and their top wideout might be suspended due to him slapping a girls bootay. Their defense should be good, though.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I bought Phil Steele and Lindy's last night
I should be picking mine up today. Should be nice for my college football fix.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU at 17 is ******* hysterical

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LAWL @ NOTRE DAME.

that's all. ******* domer homer.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
LAWL @ NOTRE DAME.

that's all. ******* domer homer.
As head negro of the SWDC community, I approve of this message.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
As head negro of the SWDC community, I approve of this message.
it's really amazing.

and i'm not biased

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you loons talkin' 'bout? Phil Steele's mag has been out weeks. I got it a couple weeks ago.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
PENNSTATEHOMER
Rookie

PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.

All you have to do to realize that statistics don't mean ****, is look at the statistics for PSU's secondary and proceed to watch USC rape PSU's secondary. Even after the raping PSU took, and it was THAT and much more, I still think PSU was 20 some spots ahead of Notre Dame. AJ Wallace was the #1 CB recruit and a 5* prospect yet didn't even start for PSU at CB so that tells you all you need to know about assuming greatness just because they had stars. Justin King was the #1 CB recruit and a 5* prospect, played very well as a TR SO, but got schooled as a TR JR.

I eagerly look forward to the play of AJ Wallace as a senior, because I'm a big time AJ fan and I think he has all the physical tools to be a stud player at this level as well as professionally, but I'm not holding my breath. Heard great things about his progression, work ethic, and if he stays healthy he is a lock to start, but he has to put it together and play with a purpose/passion that I haven't seen from him while in at CB.

I anticipate big things from some of the younger guys in the future, and think we are beginning to get back to the CBs that are good for PSU (guys that are 6'1-ish 190-205 pounds);

6'1 200 TR SO CB D'Anton Lynn

6'3/6'2 200 RS SO NCB/S Nick Sukay (if he can ever stay healthy - wish he could have been a healthy player and taken off at WR or S...could have been a really good one, may still be)

6'1 215 TR FR early enrollee S Gerald Hodges

6'1 185 TR FR CB Darrell Givens

6'1 185 TR FR CB/WR Derrick Thomas

5'9 180 TR FR Stephon Morris (probably one of my favorite under the radar recruits - doesn't get respect due to lack of height)

--------

Hines; I anticipate we'll be fine on the OLine. I've honestly been touting this OLine as potentially better, and I truly believe it...not as experienced...not as cohesive (obviously), but maybe a bit higher ceiling athletically across the board and I think they'll deliver a better push. Pannell at 6'5 315 as a TR sophomore will be the least experienced but he is going to be on the line somewhere (probable LT), he moves his feet well and I like his leverage (has really long arms too). If 6'5/6'4 325 RS SO (greyshirt) LG Johnnie Troutman puts it all together and gets his conditioning down (hope to see him at 315) he can be a beast. 6'4 310 RS JR RG/RT Lou Eliades is nasty as hell, he just needs consistency and health. Those three along with 6'3 295 TR JR Stefen Wisniewski (stud) moving to center and 6'4 305 RS SR RT Dennis Landolt are going to be formidable after the first few games, IF all remain healthy.

I'm not sold on the WRs at all, we haven't seen Powell or Moye enough at WR, Powell would've probably been the perfect mold for us at CB (6'1 190-ish - dropped weight)...we haven't seen either without DWILL, Butler, or Norwood being on the field at the same time...ditto Graham Zug. I'm sold on 6'6 230 WR Brett Brackett, but he isn't going to blow by anyone and is likely better in a more specialized role or as the 3rd/4th guy. I think he can be a guy that gives you 600 yards and 6-8 TDs if you don't forget about him, but we'll need a legit/true WR or two...someone that can go against a teams #1 or #2 CB and be fairly consistent - hopefully Moye or Powell can do it because Zug just doesn't have the athleticism, quickness, or speed to do so against a #1/#2 CB.

I'm not sure if scheme and relative inexperience as a unit (secondary) won't hurt us more than the actual physical talent that AJ Wallace, D'Anton Lynn and Knowledge Timmons possess at CB. One of the TR FR CBs may be fast tracked if they show early potential once on campus, in case of injury of ineffectiveness with Wallace, Lynn, Timmons. AJ needs to stand out this year...period.

If both 6'5 260 TR SR TE Andrew Quarless and 6'1 195 TR SR CB AJ Wallace deliver, along with players we know will deliver: QB Daryll Clark, RB Evan Royster, WR Brett Brackett, TE Mickey Shuler, OLineman Stefen Wisniewski/Dennis Landolt, DLineman Jack Crawford/Jared Odrick/Ollie Ogbu/Abe Koroma, LBs Sean Lee/Navarro Bowman, than we'll be a one/two loss team if not better. Throw in a healthy Stephfon Green at RB, a healthy Jerome Hayes at DE, a healthy (finally!) RS SO Devon Still at DT, young guns Michael Mauti/Nathan Stupar at LB/and on STs...and you've got talent across the board that is on par with anyone in the Big 10, FOR SURE.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Phil Steele is Charlie Weis's brother. FSU will not be good in 2009, they have absolutely nobody to throw the ball to. I think their future is looking brighter though, for the first time I see somewhat of a glimmer of hope for them to get back to close to what they were.
We have nobody throwing the ball either...

and yes, Notre Dame is better than FSU at this point.