Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on how strong you are, dumbbells. Everyone says that they won't gain the freshmen 15 but they do. You're school may have a gym but you may not be motivated to go to it as much as you'd like. Weights in your room will help when you're bored watching TV and don't feel like going all the way to the gym.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A towel.

Cause you never know...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Chicks in college dig the beard, dont ever go without it. Also, dress for comfort when you go to classes. It's class, you're not there to socialize, you're there to learn. Plus, class is more enjoyable if you are comfortable. Just pray you dont get a random boner.
True story. No one gives a flying **** about what you wear in class.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
True story. No one gives a flying **** about what you wear in class.
Yeah. Or just how you look in general. When I had 8 o'clock classes and I lived off campus, I would literally wake up at 7:45 and just go to class as is.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Yeah. Or just how you look in general. When I had 8 o'clock classes and I lived off campus, I would literally wake up at 7:45 and just go to class as is.
I would do the same lol
Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I would do the same lol
Obviously. I mean, I'm always amazed by the girls in the 8 a.m classes who look like they've been up for 6 hours doing their makeup and ****. Unreal. 8 a.m classes are when you're supposed to see if the girls in your class are hot without makeup.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously. I mean, I'm always amazed by the girls in the 8 a.m classes who look like they've been up for 6 hours doing their makeup and ****. Unreal. 8 a.m classes are when you're supposed to see if the girls in your class are hot without makeup.
When you can find a girl that looks good without makeup on, you've got yourself a real winner.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
When you can find a girl that looks good without makeup on, you've got yourself a real winner.
Wise words of wisdom right there. Are you still in college? I only have one more semester.

scotty, take notes.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scotty, as a freshman, you'll see how many people will not follow the advice we are giving you. follow what we suggest and 1) you'll look like know you what you're doing, 2) chicks will think you're cool because you look like you dont give a ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wise words of wisdom right there. Are you still in college? I only have one more semester.

scotty, take notes.
I'm currently on a break from college but have attended for two years
Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any other advice w/ college girls/
Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
any other advice w/ college girls/
I'm not the person to ask. I had a girlfriend for my first four years of college (that is, the past four years. I'm single now). However, from the looks of it, it's nothing different than with non-college girls. Don't try too hard, don't try the "good friend/guy" angle unless you want an express trip to the "Friend Zone", but don't be ridiculously obnoxious either.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another thing that is great about college is that any thing you were or did in high school is meaningless. if people start talking about how great they were in high school, dont be impressed. why? because no one gives a ****. who cares if they were great a sports in HS, because if they arent on scholarship, it's meaningless.

Also, chicks are easy when they first get to college because they dont have to worry about mom and dad catching them doing something. Oh and as sniper said, dont be their friend. The only girls I was friends with were either my friends' girlfriends, girls I wasnt attracted to and girls in my major that were taken/not attractive. I know that seems shallow but that is a lot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I've done that since 9th grade lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me <3's everyone here.

and i agree 100% with what brent said. nobody knows you (well my rooomie and i went to HS together, applied together, but we dont give a ****). be someone new if you want. i'll admit i was that guy who was always the friend zone guy in HS, but that's all changing at RU. I can't wait <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
me <3's everyone here.

and i agree 100% with what brent said. nobody knows you (well my rooomie and i went to HS together, applied together, but we dont give a ****). be someone new if you want. i'll admit i was that guy who was always the friend zone guy in HS, but that's all changing at RU. I can't wait <3
You and me both scotty...i got some stories that I am looking to never repeat down at Mizzou...

do you guys know if there is a kind of adapter for tvs that lets you hook up two system to a tv at once and then like flip a switch to go between game consoles??

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
You and me both scotty...i got some stories that I am looking to never repeat down at Mizzou...

do you guys know if there is a kind of adapter for tvs that lets you hook up two system to a tv at once and then like flip a switch to go between game consoles??
Yep

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SB-V31G-S.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
Old 07-20-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone here attended community college? I'll be starting in August, just curious if anyone here has had any experiences from there that would be helpful.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Has anyone here attended community college? I'll be starting in August, just curious if anyone here has had any experiences from there that would be helpful.
It's not a social experience like 4-year universities. Take advantage of the smaller classes and generally more apathetic student body, take advantage of the significantly lower tuition, and get your transfer credits out of the way quickly.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
It's not a social experience like 4-year universities. Take advantage of the smaller classes and generally more apathetic student body, take advantage of the significantly lower tuition, and get your transfer credits out of the way quickly.
I had a feeling it wouldn't be as social, which is kinda bad because I don't know that many people here. But I will be moving to a 4 year school after my first two years.

Looking forward to getting a job on campus, they have quite a few. Should be a good way to make some money and not have to work too hard. Woo hoo for that.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 07-20-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe it was on this site that I saw someone describe community college as "high school with ash trays".
Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Can i get that at like Best Buy or something?

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I believe it was on this site that I saw someone describe community college as "high school with ash trays".
That's rough, I don't smoke.

I'm hoping there are some people there like me. I excelled in high school, I just don't feel like having a ton of debt when I graduate. Every time I tell someone I am goingto community college, they try and convince me to do something else.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had fun at JC. You never have to deal with a TA teaching a class and since the professors aren't under any real pressure to publish, they actually get to focus on, well, teaching. Classes are small and you get honest feedback most of the time.

Honestly, JC is even less like high school than freshman year at a 4-year university is in all the ways that most 18 year olds will care about. No one will hold your hand, most of the material will be a significant step up from senior year and the material that isn't is at least a great deal more specific. I personally think it's a great system and is a great choice for people who are willing to sacrifice experiencing the cultural concept of "college life". You will find people who are young and smart, probably way more than you expect. But JC isn't there for socializing, it's there for you to work hard and make the next step to a school you really want to go to.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Community College was great for me. Saved **** ton of money, got all my basics out of the way, as well as a couple classes that I needed for my major at Univeristy. They are really helpful when it comes to what credits will transfer and what won't. It really isn't anything like high school despite the jokes you hear about it. It is a mature environment, great teachers and kids who really want to learn.

Of course if I I could go back and had the means, I would have certainly liked to go to a 4yr university from the start and experience the whole campus life. But CC was great for me and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to save some cash or just wants to get there basics out of the way quickly.

Last edited by Paul : 07-20-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote