Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are days when I'm like ugh, I don't want to go, then you feel like you won't go hard when you get there.

But once you drag yourself to the gym, your blood starts flowing and you're golden. The hard part is actually getting up and going.

That's why I signed up for the crap gym I go to, it's 24 hours and literally a couple of blocks away, I have no excuse not to go.

But I'm paying too much for it and the equipment sucks. But the next closest gym is 20 minutes away and that's just too far.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ever since I started working full time, I haven't stepped into the gym in about 3 months. I can't imagine what getting back in there is going to be like. I set myself the goal of getting a routine going before Halloween. Not to mention how terrible I've eaten. I've quite literally watched myself lose all my gains over the last 3 months. Thank god it's fall/winter.
Have to agree with BBD here. Just set one foot in the door and it'll be fine. Or even get that push up app for a smartphone.

Also, if your working week is <120h, you should be able to find time for a brief workout at least once a week.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a lot easier for me to convince myself to go to the gym now that I'm going before work and not after. I'm like 90% asleep while I'm getting ready so I can't even really talk myself out of it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before work? So you're gyming it up at like 4am? I can't do that, it's hard enough getting up to go to work, getting up even earlier to go to the gym is just brutal for me.

Do you sleep earlier than usual now?
Old 10-16-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
There are days when I'm like ugh, I don't want to go, then you feel like you won't go hard when you get there.

But once you drag yourself to the gym, your blood starts flowing and you're golden. The hard part is actually getting up and going.

That's why I signed up for the crap gym I go to, it's 24 hours and literally a couple of blocks away, I have no excuse not to go.

But I'm paying too much for it and the equipment sucks. But the next closest gym is 20 minutes away and that's just too far.
Those are the days where it's most important to go. The days you just don't feel like it, the days where you think you might talk yourself into sleeping a little bit longer or just "relaxing".. those are the days you need it most.

Gotta work through that **** breh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Those are the days where it's most important to go. The days you just don't feel like it, the days where you think you might talk yourself into sleeping a little bit longer or just "relaxing".. those are the days you need it most.

Gotta work through that **** breh.
I know man. I'm getting there. Pains n gains breh. Pains n gains.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first time getting back is always the hardest. I'm going to go to GNC today and pick up supplements (whey, multi, maybe a pre/post) to get myself into that mindset again. I have my workout journal laying around in the open so it's gonna be rough to see what my lifts are now in comparison. Probably going to go with light sets of 135 for everything and slowly work up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Forget GNC. They're a rip off. Just buy some whey off Amazon, and get a cheaper multivitamin.

Those GNC vitamins are grossly oversized and expensive for nothing. You wind up peeing out most of the vitamin dose in those pills.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazon for supplements >>

with my prime I'll get them in 2 days and they usually send me a reminder for stuff in a month or so when I'm getting low to reup.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Before work? So you're gyming it up at like 4am? I can't do that, it's hard enough getting up to go to work, getting up even earlier to go to the gym is just brutal for me.

Do you sleep earlier than usual now?
I'm generally asleep between 9-10 now unless there's a game on I want to watch. Wake up at 5. And I've been less tired now during the day than I was when I was going after.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazon it is. Does anyone go through bodybuilding.com?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. Some of their sales are ridiculous. But I comparison shop between Amazon and BB.com. I got some fancy whey/casein/egg protein blend for pretty cheap because of a sale BB.com was running most recently.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BB is the only one I go through because one of their warehouse's are in Boise Idaho so I get my stuff the next day. They have great prices, and do a good job of setting up packages for people geared on what it is they wanna do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Before I moved overseas (and Amazon Prime started), it was always through BB. One stop shop for everything.

They also used to have WheyCheap, but that shut down =(. There were massive sales there.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trueprotein is really awesome. especially if you enjoy making custom blends and obscure flavors and stuff.

I can get you 5% off if you are ordering, just pm me.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with a bunch of the pre-workouts getting shut down, like Jack3d and apparently now Craze? Are they really that bad? I remember I used Jack3d for a while and thought it was meh, nothing too special, basically had the same effect as a cup of coffee, but then they were outlawed and had to be reformulated.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
What's the deal with a bunch of the pre-workouts getting shut down, like Jack3d and apparently now Craze? Are they really that bad? I remember I used Jack3d for a while and thought it was meh, nothing too special, basically had the same effect as a cup of coffee, but then they were outlawed and had to be reformulated.
The Lean Xtreme precursor (can't remember the product name, but the logo looks exactly like Lean Xtreme) had trace amounts of meth, or a meth analogue in there. This was back in '09. Both are fat loss products.

There's been talk of Craze being spiked as well.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What's a preworkout? Can anyone elaborate for those who are ignorant on the subject such as myself?

I just take vitamins, calcium pills and whey protein. Should I take other supplements as well?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's a preworkout? Can anyone elaborate for those who are ignorant on the subject such as myself?

I just take vitamins, calcium pills and whey protein. Should I take other supplements as well?
Preworkout can refer to any supplement (or food for that matter) that you take (you guessed it) prior to working out. I drink a protein shake with dextrose before working out and one right after.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was always against the idea, didn't think it would do much for me...however it worked wonders when I got hooked to it. By far the best out there is ACG3...

...but I haven't seen it around for a while. Curious if they got rid of it, because it got you pretty damn worked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:

General definition is something to take before a workout (as killxswitch said).

Varies between person to person, but most take products containing caffeine and arginine for energy and vasodilation (pumps). Others will have stuff like carbs, beta-alanine, or BCAAs inside the recipe.

I'm stim sensitive (1 cup of coffee gives me the shakes) so I stuck with BCAAs in the workout.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, ephedra was awesome. I have found everything else really meh and just drink some coffee now.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ephedra was the best. I hate the FDA.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Na trust me, working in the biotech industry, I can assure you that the FDA is a necessary evil. Bc lord knows what we would put in your bodies without their regulations.

They're not perfect, but they are necessary.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What do you guys recommend as a preworkout? I've just been drinking a whey protein shake before each workout.