Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-19-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO looking "cut" is almost completely about diet.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
IMO looking "cut" is almost completely about diet.
So the whole "less sets higher reps" thing to get cut is a fallacy?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep that's dumb as ****. Less fat+bigger muscles=ripped.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any diet advice? I watch my carb intake, I try to avoid processed foods, I stick to just water now (and coffee, I can't give up coffee), I try to eat more chicken and less beef. More fish. I try to avoid sweets but I'll cheat once a week.

Yet I can't shake off this layer of fat.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all intake vs out so just cut calories. Lots of water. Cut cream out of coffee and do it black. Stop eating past a certain time at night.

High reps isn't necessarily a fallacy. It depends on pacing. It's easier to do high intensity with mid to high reps than with low reps. Really gets the blood pumping and sweat going which kills the fat.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When I get to my desired weight, do I change up from the 5 by 5 program to get cut? Or can you still get definition with that and proper dieting?
Diet is paramount but when I really want the definition I'll do a circuit. Example

10 dips
10 curls
10 pushup
10 lateral raises
10 frontal raises

8 dips
8 curls
Etc

Go down by two reps until reaching zero. No rest or minimal between sets. Repeat the circuit 3 or 4 times. This gets me going much more than 55. I'm doing 5 by 5 to keep my strength but I'll switch at some point. The important thing is pacing, not the exercise. But I like having an upper body circuit and a lower body circuit.

Keeping a static workout isn't the best move for anything.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, start doing HIIT and scale carbs back to just after exercise.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Can I do 5 X 5 and HIIT at the same time? Wait nvm. I thought HIIT was just a ton of intense short period cardio workouts.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Any diet advice? I watch my carb intake, I try to avoid processed foods, I stick to just water now (and coffee, I can't give up coffee), I try to eat more chicken and less beef. More fish. I try to avoid sweets but I'll cheat once a week.

Yet I can't shake off this layer of fat.
Swim more. That'll burn a ton more calories which is key to burning fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Diet is paramount but when I really want the definition I'll do a circuit. Example

10 dips
10 curls
10 pushup
10 lateral raises
10 frontal raises

8 dips
8 curls
Etc

Go down by two reps until reaching zero. No rest or minimal between sets. Repeat the circuit 3 or 4 times. This gets me going much more than 55. I'm doing 5 by 5 to keep my strength but I'll switch at some point. The important thing is pacing, not the exercise. But I like having an upper body circuit and a lower body circuit.

Keeping a static workout isn't the best move for anything.
If you want it harder, toss in a shuttle run or burpees at the end of each round.

Eg
10 pull ups
10 push ups
10 squats
10 curls
10 burpees/pikes/shuttle runs

8 of each etc

Time how long it takes. Sometimes it isn't about adding more reps, but how hard you go at it. For me in terms of intensity, pikes>burpee>shuttle run.

Another option is pyramids w/ a partner:
20 body weight jump squats. Breather while partner does theirs.
18 body weight
2 body weight jump squats
4 body weight jump squats
All the way back up to 20.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Yeah I used to time it. It's been a couple months since I was on a circuit.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My diet has worn on me, about to just be fat for a week and keep working out. Bought a gallon of blue bell icecream and chips a hoy.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Necessary evil.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Outstanding

Old 11-28-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I was 199 at the beginning of the month and am 220 now :-o

Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently just joined a gym. I'm 231 pounds and would like to be at around 190-200 by the summer, but I also want to gain mass. I started looking at supplements. What would be the best and inexpensive one? I was thinking on creatine but not 100% sure.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I recently just joined a gym. I'm 231 pounds and would like to be at around 190-200 by the summer, but I also want to gain mass. I started looking at supplements. What would be the best and inexpensive one? I was thinking on creatine but not 100% sure.
Not going to happen, dude. Pick one and attack the other later.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Not going to happen, dude. Pick one and attack the other later.
You mean losing the weight then the mass, right?
Old 01-04-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any legitimate website that reviews all these supplements?

I feel all these pre-works out are just full of caffeine and market it to people who like bright colors and fancy words. I was trying to find a legit review on it, but its impossible. I've only taken a pre-workout once that was when I was just getting into lifiting and didn't read a whole lot. Took no-explode when it first came out.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
You mean losing the weight then the mass, right?
Or the other way around. It will actually be easier to do it in reverse. Gain the muscle first and then shed the pounds.

I'm assuming this is to look good for summer though, so perhaps shed weight now. Either way, you definitely don't have the time to drop 40 lbs and gain muscle by summer unless you're a total lifting noob.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post

I feel all these pre-works out are just full of caffeine and market it to people who like bright colors and fancy words. I was trying to find a legit review on it, but its impossible. I've only taken a pre-workout once that was when I was just getting into lifiting and didn't read a whole lot. Took no-explode when it first came out.
There are a ton of studies available on the 'active ingredients'. Read those and then compare to what you're actually getting. But, yeah, most pre-WO supps are worthless
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Or the other way around. It will actually be easier to do it in reverse. Gain the muscle first and then shed the pounds.

I'm assuming this is to look good for summer though, so perhaps shed weight now. Either way, you definitely don't have the time to drop 40 lbs and gain muscle by summer unless you're a total lifting noob.
I'm just trynna get back into shape. I walk everywhere I go but I still feel tired and disgusting everyday. So I'm trynna lose the weight but also gain muscle.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone had a sports hernia here? I either have a really bad muscle strain or sports hernia, it has been nagging me since early october.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I would just focus on dropping weight. You will feel healthier and stronger because of it.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post

There were a few. Personally, I'd rather stick with the BB.com forum. There are a lot of company reps there providing info, and a ton of reviews.

A lot of pre's stuff as many things in there as possible, depending on what's the flavor of the year in the market. Most of them basically come down to caffeine, sugar, creatine, and L-arginine (veins popping out). Sometimes it's just cheaper to get a coffee.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote