Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-01-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Im start this in 2 weeks. It just looks like 12 weeks of the same thing, isn't a good idea. The Starr one, goes to a 3x3 after 6-7 weeks. Well I'll do something different if that happens, along the lines of the 5x5.
What I did was modify fridays (my 3rd training day). What I would do is go for the normal 5x5 for my first three sets on all lifts then for my fourth do a heavy triple, then finish with my 8RM. It worked really nicely for me.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot get my dead lift form down. I'm just so damn lanky that it's hard for me not to arch my back... Any tips?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I cannot get my dead lift form down. I'm just so damn lanky that it's hard for me not to arch my back... Any tips?
Try looking up, or at least level. Also drop your ass lower to the ground a little bit. Those are just some things i think would work, as I've heard that. I really am not sure how well it will work, as I am 5'8 and "lanky" is the last word anyone would use to describe me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drop the weight and work on form.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Drop the weight and work on form.
yeah, this. Plus, being long actually is the best build for DL because you can keep the bar right on your shins and still have your shoulder behind the bar.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hear that man. Being 6'0 and deadlifting is very awkward.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I hear that man. Being 6'0 and deadlifting is very awkward.
really, the best dlers are always tall guys with long arms.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well I've only been lifting on a routine for a month and a week so maybe it's just weird for me. Also, do you take a protein shake before AND after your workout or just after? And what other supplements have you had success with?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Well I've only been lifting on a routine for a month and a week so maybe it's just weird for me. Also, do you take a protein shake before AND after your workout or just after? And what other supplements have you had success with?
I lift in the morning about an hour after breakfast so I have either a protein shake or egg whites in me before my workout. Its not critical tho. After is critical, take some protein and about triple the grams of protein in carbs.

As far as other supps, a good multi and fish oil are must haves, creatine and zma are also pretty unanimously well reviewed.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.

So im posting this in this thread cause i figured you guys may know about injuries
i was running very fast in my house cause im a gangster, had only socks on and slipped on some tile, when i fell i fell agianst the wall and hit my back really hard and now my left shoulder hurts when i use it or put pressure on it like doing a pushup
any idea what i did/how to fix it?
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

time and ice. Alternate ice/heat if you want. If it still hurts a lot after a week or so see a doctor because it may be serious.

If you are in intense pain now, see a dr. asap.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA View Post
So im posting this in this thread cause i figured you guys may know about injuries
i was running very fast in my house cause im a gangster, had only socks on and slipped on some tile, when i fell i fell agianst the wall and hit my back really hard and now my left shoulder hurts when i use it or put pressure on it like doing a pushup
I did that, is your collar bone swelled up. I got a lidocaine shot in it.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Try having a torso and legs that are too long for your own good. It makes Olympic lifts hard.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA View Post
1. Stop running in your house; you aint gangster.
2 RICE
Rest - don't exert any undue pressure
Ice - ice for 20 off for 40 (don't do heat just yet - ice only - wait 48 for heat, then make sure it is a wet heat)
Circulation - rotate your shoulder slowly to keep the blood moving around the area of the joint - I'm assuming where the humerus meets the clavicle
Elevation - shouldn't be a problem with your back and shoulder, but what ever you do, do not relax in a declined position)

Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Damn you CJ, I was about to post that same middle school health class lesson.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Dude, I had a college professor (in human physiology) try to slip that by us. What was sad,was there were a few people who didn't get it.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eating:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=stein/090701

What Pro-Riders go through. a 9000 Calorie day.

On race days i think i eat 6000. AWESOME, these guys are eating machines.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Eating:

My friends who ride are almost constantly eating, most of the time it is small stuff, but it is crazy. And I doubt they are anywhere near the 9,000 or even 6,000 calorie area. I can't imagine what that'd be like.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Eating:

I have a ***** of a time eating 3500. Though if I get my day started earlier it wouldn't be as bad. I start at 10:30, and eat last thing at like 9:30.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have a ***** of a time eating 3500. Though if I get my day started earlier it wouldn't be as bad. I start at 10:30, and eat last thing at like 9:30.
Really? I eat nearly 4000 every day no prob.

they get smoked.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I can easily eat any amount of calories I think (within reason. Something like 9000 would be tough)......I wish I were a hard gainer type.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-02-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did that, is your collar bone swelled up. I got a lidocaine shot in it.
Did you get it from Roger Clemens?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Race

• PowerBar (4)
• Fruit cake (100 gr)
• PowerBar carbo drink (4000 ml)
• PowerBar energy gels (4)
• Coca-Cola (400 ml)
• Turkey sandwich (2)
• Water (1000 ml)

Post-race

• Recovery drink (500 ml)
• Turkey sandwich (1)
• PowerBar (1)
• Coca-Cola (330 ml)
• Fruit cake (100 gr)
• Water (400 ml)"

energy gels = super easy to get plenty of calories.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I'm starting SuperPump today on my bi's and back day. Heard good things about it.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
wait 4000 clean calories, like not empty carbs, complex carbs that last in your stomach for a long time. Potatoes, Wheat based stuff, milk, yogurt, oatmeal.