Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here crossfit?

Quote:
Crossfit is ideal for building cardiovascular endurance. Or as I like to call it... the ability to lose gains
lol

Last edited by Nalej : 02-15-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I'll hold out for a couple of weeks. I feel like 3 days at the gym isn't enough for me but I will stick to the program.
I would feel the same. 3 is a bit light. There wouldn't he anything wrong with hitting your abs.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weighted in at 215 today. My goal is to move up around 225/230.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How tall are you?

Old 02-16-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 6'2.10characters

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

That's pretty big. I'm 6'1 210. 230 would feel huge.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I'm kind of a lean 215 really. I don't feel that big and I think I have the frame to put up a few pounds.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, forget you guys and all that height.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Short guys have the advantage on most of the big 4, Nalej. At least you have that!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Man, forget you guys and all that height.
You dwarf.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to start up 5x5 again, but can't decided between SL or BS.

I'm not a fan of the heavy, light, heavy days. I love to deadlift, squat, clean, and increase weekly or daily by 5/10 lbs, depending on exercise. Bench press and overhead will have to wait till I get my rotator cuff back healthy...same with cleans.

I did one of them before, and loved it, but I think it was some butchered version. I type in my max in this excel sheet, it said madcow. I did cleans and deadlifts or deadlifts and squat on the same day. It would always increase weight weekly. It was a long time ago, can't remember.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Short guys have the advantage on most of the big 4, Nalej. At least you have that!
True dat!

Quote:
You dwarf.
Don't make me go up there.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Rob should I do incline or military press ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-17-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rob should I do incline or military press ?
I would go with military.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

First day felt pretty good btw. Was really surprised at my bench press result. Didn't lose so much.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
First day felt pretty good btw. Was really surprised at my bench press result. Didn't lose so much.
That's good. Just keep the food up and you should make consistent gains.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

You recommend anything ? eating every 3-4 hours ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You recommend anything ? eating every 3-4 hours ?
From a 700+ pound squatters' guide.

Food! Eat for ***** sake. Probably the best way to improve your recovery is to increase your food intake. Despite what Flex tells you, the road to bulk is not paved with tuna and oatmeal. Eat like you mean it. I often times eat more in one sitting than a crybaby "hardgainer" eats all goddamn day. When choosing what you eat, the first thing you want to look for is a protein. The more the better. Don't worry about 1 gram per lb of lean mass or any of that ********. Chances are if you're reading this, you're not at a level where you even need to consider that. Just get as much protein as you can, especially animal protein. You know like pieces of dead animals. Don't be afraid of fat and carbs either though, those will make you bigger. Here is a partial list of what I consider Growin' Food:

Corned Beef Hash (the grocery stores answer to Anadrol 50)
Chicken (fried, baked, BBQ'd whatever)
Beef
Pork
Fish
Mac and CheesePizza (especially with lots of meat)
Burrito's
Potatoes (mashed, au grattin, red skin, golden, whatever, just shove them down your gullet)

More or less, if it's full of protein, fat and carbs, you want it in your belly.

If you happen to be a skinny **** naturally, then you can go even crazier. Eat a pint of Ben and Jerry’s before you go to sleep. Set your alarm for the middle of the night, get up and down a pre-prepared protein shake and go back to bed. Most ectomorphs who think they're eating a lot aren't eating enough to feed a gerbil. Eat as much as your budget will allow you to. If you have more or less unlimited access to food, eat until you feel sick. When you don't feel sick, eat some more. I'm dead serious. This is especially true if you’ve got a lot of Growin’ Food handy.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Nice! Thanks.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had an amazing lift today. I think tomorrow when I go I will write down all I do and weights, to gauge if I should be doing all that I do. I mix up all lifts and I dont think thats good, but to me its like a surprise and I dont feel as sore.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dude. It is absolutely compulsory to write all of your lifts down. You should be following a program too. Just picking lifts at random is crazy.

You're obviously very genetically gifted because you're strong as hell, but the way you are training is definitely hampering you.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:57 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Dude. It is absolutely compulsory to write all of your lifts down. You should be following a program too. Just picking lifts at random is crazy.

You're obviously very genetically gifted because you're strong as hell, but the way you are training is definitely hampering you.
I am not "random" per say, but I have a list of lifts that work different parts and I just go at them at different times. Say I did behind the head dumbell lift, I switch up and do something after wards that is like a pull down.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Anyone here crossfit?
Funny video, and I'm not going to defend the whole of crossfit, but for me it has been very good. I like working out with others, and it helped me lose a lot of fat while getting stronger last year. I've only ever been to one CF gym so I can only comment on my experience there. The programming and coaching has been very responsible and beneficial. The problem with CF appears to be with their licensing. They'll certify pretty much anyone, so one gym might be great while the one down the street is terrible. Also the CF nerds that can't shut up about it don't help.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Crossfit is a fine workout. It has a lot of issues (cost, the lack of linear progression, kipping, price etc), but it has helped a lot of people get in much better shape. That is a good thing. Will I be joining a gym anytime soon, hell no, but who's to say what works for people?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The controversy over kipping gets under my skin. What's wrong with using your whole body to do some movements? That's no rule that says you always have to isolate movements to certain muscles. Gymnasts kip a lot and are quite strong.