Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
I got about halfway through writing down my back/bi routine before I realized that I don't know what half of the exercises are called.
That's a very bad sign.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goblet squats are a great way to do squats and don't require anything but a dumbell or kettlebell. They can be a time saver too, because there's no waiting on a rack or loading and unloading of a bar.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
That's the one thing I hate about my gym, they don't have a squat rack, just a Smith machine. And I love squats. It was by far my best exercise when I started lifting weights in high school.
The deadlift has always been my favorite, but the squat would be a close second. There's something inherently awesome about picking up heavy things.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone release the gas in my head right now

Was curling yesterday and the guys on each side of me were doing shrugs and bench pressing with dumbbells. We were all doing the same weight. Couldn't help but smile on the inside.

Then today I'm doing shoulder press with some random guy who ouweighed me by probably 70lbs; on the machine which you load up plates onto. We both kept raising the weights on each set and on the last one, he took some weight off and was like, "Alright, I can't keep up with you anymore"

Can't help but feel great about my progress so far this year

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel good because today I can tell that my biceps are starting to have that bump without weights, so its gonna be nice to have.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hurt my heel a couple a months ago landed hard on it while playing basketball. Every time I hit my heel it re aggravates it and walking hurts for a day or two, it's been one of the longer lingering injuries I've had and not sure how to strengthen it. It doesn't effect me jumping or running it's weird only when I'm walking bare foot is when I really feel it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I hurt my heel a couple a months ago landed hard on it while playing basketball. Every time I hit my heel it re aggravates it and walking hurts for a day or two, it's been one of the longer lingering injuries I've had and not sure how to strengthen it. It doesn't effect me jumping or running it's weird only when I'm walking bare foot is when I really feel it.
Have you tried Epson salt? I promise you if it is a bruise it will help it out. Get in warm water, pour the salt, and go into it.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:00 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That's a very bad sign.
Meh, I don't need to know the names of the exercises i'm doing as long as I'm improving consistently. I know what I'm doing, and I know I'm doing it correctly.

I just don't know the name of the little T-bar lookin' dealie that you slap plates onto and lay your chest into* at a 45 degree angle to do rows. Or what the exercise when you grab the cables with the opposite hands and essentially do flys for your back is called. Obviously the main exercises I know.

So long as I'm lifting cleanly and heavy, I'm happy. My diet could use some work, on the other hand. I don't eat enough, but for my size I'd say I'm pretty strong. I was reppin' 225# more than Anthony Barr before I got injured, at least!

Last edited by NotMyJob : 03-06-2014 at 01:46 AM.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, I don't need to know the names of the exercises i'm doing as long as I'm improving consistently. I know what I'm doing, and I know I'm doing it correctly.

I just don't know the name of the little T-bar lookin' dealie that you slap plates onto and lay your chest onto at a 45 degree angle to do rows. Or what the exercise when you grab the cables with the opposite hands and essentially do flys for your back is called. Obviously the main exercises I know.

So long as I'm lifting cleanly and heavy, I'm happy. My diet could use some work, on the other hand. I don't eat enough, but for my size I'd say I'm pretty strong. I was reppin' 225# more than Anthony Barr before I got injured, at least!
Rear deltoid row, then reverse cable fly?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:44 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reverse cable fly sounds on point, and a quick google confirms it.

And this thing:

Old 03-06-2014, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just don't know the name of the little T-bar lookin' dealie that you slap plates onto and lay your chest into* at a 45 degree angle to do rows. Or what the exercise when you grab the cables with the opposite hands and essentially do flys for your back is called. Obviously the main exercises I know.

OK, yeah. I assumed your weren't writing workouts down which is a sure predictor of the failure of any routine.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, why haven't I been deadlifting before? I feel like I used muscles for the first time that I haven't used before with isolation exercises. Feels much more effective.

When I switch gyms, I'm assuming I'll get the same feeling with squats. Right now when I squat, I feel it mostly in my quads/hamstrings, but I don't feel like I get the ab/back muscles going at all.

I'm curious to see how different a normal squat feels like.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It will be way different. Not the same exercise at all.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

your lower back will feel like jello after that first set of squats.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Someone release the gas in my head right now

Was curling yesterday and the guys on each side of me were doing shrugs and bench pressing with dumbbells. We were all doing the same weight. Couldn't help but smile on the inside.

Then today I'm doing shoulder press with some random guy who ouweighed me by probably 70lbs; on the machine which you load up plates onto. We both kept raising the weights on each set and on the last one, he took some weight off and was like, "Alright, I can't keep up with you anymore"

Can't help but feel great about my progress so far this year
That's awesome! Congrats man! Always feels good to see guys that appear bigger than you try to keep up with you.

I'm stoked on my progress this year also! I've went up quite a bit of weight on reps.

Now, I just need to get this midsection in place. Less junk food would be nice.. but lets face it.. good luck to me. Hah.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reverse cable fly sounds on point, and a quick google confirms it.

And this thing:

Probably different muscles but I do it without the cross bar and just grip at the base.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the purpose of that exercise?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What's the purpose of that exercise?
Isolated standing row. Hits mid-back really well, and also factors in lower back strength. Alternative would be single arm dumbbell row with a knee on a bench. It can also be done with a barbell that doesn't have a fulcrum point on the ground.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Isolated standing row. Hits mid-back really well, and also factors in lower back strength. Alternative would be single arm dumbbell row with a knee on a bench. It can also be done with a barbell that doesn't have a fulcrum point on the ground.
That's what I do. On back day, I do dumbbell row, lat pull down, close grip cable row, and now I'm starting to dead too.

Dumbbell row seems to be the most effective for me.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Probably different muscles but I do it without the cross bar and just grip at the base.
I wish we had those bars at my gym.. I don't do them because I don't get full motion.. seems like I'm always hitting my junk (which surprises me, not that impressive).

Old 03-06-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked rows but I have trouble not hinging too much with my lower back to get the weight moving.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's what I do. On back day, I do dumbbell row, lat pull down, close grip cable row, and now I'm starting to dead too.

Dumbbell row seems to be the most effective for me.
If you were doing the 5x5, you should be doing barbell row.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I've always liked rows but I have trouble not hinging too much with my lower back to get the weight moving.
Most people have come to the conclusion that this is fine once you hit a certain level. Rows are generally one of the few lifts where cheating a bit seems to help gains.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I had a great arms day today. I'm tone already but it's getting to the point where you can see every muscle in your shoulders and arms move when I move. It feels good to get my body fat level down to 7% and seeing myself bulking.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
OK, yeah. I assumed your weren't writing workouts down which is a sure predictor of the failure of any routine.
Yeah, it's written down. It's just in a way where I understand it - "T-bar dealie" was literally in my booklet for that particular exercise.

Bout to go hit chest/tri and get depressed at the loss of gainzz.