Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I've just been so unmotivated. I need to break this feeling. Not caring what I eat, just feel bleh.

Eric Church - Homeboy
http://youtu.be/wx-dUsh6OT8
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just force yourself back in there. The hardest part for me is actually going. Once I'm in there, the motivation finds itself.

If something is bugging you, taking it out on the weights is a good way to get over it.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It hasn't been the weight lifting really, I get there. it's just after that I don't care what I eat or anything. I just, don't care. I need to find that determination again.

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same... i am getting back on it now. Ive went more than 60 hours without icecream so i am past the hard part for me

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eating right is harder than going to the gym. There are so many temptations. Do you buy your own groceries?

I just don't buy any sweets or junk food. That helps. Load up on fruit, and just buy a bunch of meat and vegetables to slow cook for dinner.

I've been trying to stick mostly to chicken and fish but good fish can get pricey. And I need beef here and there.

At work just buy a wrap or whatever has as little carbs as possible. Just drink water.

You'll feel better after doing it for a week.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

That seems so easy to me.. but I guess that'd be like 60+ hours without chips, or gummy worms.

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
That seems so easy to me.. but I guess that'd be like 60+ hours without chips, or gummy worms.
It's really not that bad. I'll admit I've never been much of a junk food guy or a sweet tooth so it may be easier for me just bc of my habits.

But after dinner when I'm still hungry or I'm craving something extra, I just grab fruit. It'll fill you up, give you that craving you're looking for, and it won't be terrible for you.

If you love chips, try baking banana chips. It might help.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's really not that bad. I'll admit I've never been much of a junk food guy or a sweet tooth so it may be easier for me just bc of my habits.

But after dinner when I'm still hungry or I'm craving something extra, I just grab fruit. It'll fill you up, give you that craving you're looking for, and it won't be terrible for you.

If you love chips, try baking banana chips. It might help.
I do, just need to load up on fruit.

Really, the times I get myself in trouble is at work.. I work retail, so it's so easy to grab a KwikStar Sandwich and some chips for lunch, or a Snickers for a snack (no excuses though) and on my days off.. I could sit around and drink 7 Pepsis or Mountain Dews, eat a whole bag of Tortilla Chips with a jar of Queso.

Football Sundays are the WORST.

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I do, just need to load up on fruit.

Really, the times I get myself in trouble is at work.. I work retail, so it's so easy to grab a KwikStar Sandwich and some chips for lunch, or a Snickers for a snack (no excuses though) and on my days off.. I could sit around and drink 7 Pepsis or Mountain Dews, eat a whole bag of Tortilla Chips with a jar of Queso.

Football Sundays are the WORST.
Football sundays have to be your cheat day. There's just no other way around it.

I keep a 1L bottle of water at my desk and just keep refilling it. Drinking tons of water helps keep you full and is good for the other obvious reasons as well. That'll help cut back on soda.

Bring an apple or pear or whatever with you to work. That'll cut back on the candy. Whenever I need a quick boost in btw meals (I can't do 5 small meals, I do 3 meals) I just grab a banana or a pear.

I should pack my lunch but I'm awful at that. So I just try to grab whatever the cafe has that's low carb. If they have a fish dish I'm all over it. If I have no other options I grab a chicken wrap or a salad.

It sucks, but once you start building the habit you get over it.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Thanks for the motivation and ideas, buddy.

I just need to DO IT.

The girlfriend and I found these "Tuna Sensations" packets that I just need to buy more of, put on bread for a sandwich or in a salad. An old co-worker also had a bag of Salmon Fillets, just like little snack bites that I wish I could find.

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 03-20-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the motivation and ideas, buddy.

I just need to DO IT.

The girlfriend and I found these "Tuna Sensations" packets that I just need to buy more of, put on bread for a sandwich or in a salad. An old co-worker also had a bag of Salmon Fillets, just like little snack bites that I wish I could find.
If you find out where to get those, let me know. I'll be all over that.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I've been browsing through this website. I might need to buy a few things.

http://www.roguefitness.com/

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 03-20-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant remember the last time i had chips soda or candy. Everyone has a weakness.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alcohol would be mine. And not even in terms of the alcohol itself, I just don't care what I eat once I get a few drinks in me.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Are bath crystals BS? Do they actually work?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Alcohol would be mine. And not even in terms of the alcohol itself, I just don't care what I eat once I get a few drinks in me.
Yeah, that's me too. Haha, after a few beers comes the fried food at the bowling alley and chips.

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 03-21-2014, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are bath crystals BS? Do they actually work?
You mean like the salts added to water for a bath?

Just a destresser for the most part. Time alone for relaxation without TV/computer/internet. Scents can help ppl relax/set the mood.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
You mean like the salts added to water for a bath?

Just a destresser for the most part. Time alone for relaxation without TV/computer/internet. Scents can help ppl relax/set the mood.
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/detox-ba...FQ8OOgod9F4AJQ

That stuff.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
looks like BS>

Do contrast showers.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So I benched for the first time in ages without a Smith machine, and I noticed my stabilizer muscles were activated for the first time in forever. I noticed a much bigger drop off in weight I could bench vs what we were expecting when I squated. When I squated on the squat rack I pretty much kept the same weight, but on the bench, I lost a good 40 lbs!

The first rep I felt my arms shaking a little, so I knew right away it was much harder for me to balance the bar on the bench press vs what I was previously doing.

I guess that's also my fault bc I don't work out my arms. I've been focusing on my back, chest, core and legs this entire time so this leads me to believe that I should incorporate some routine to develop my arm strength so I can bench more. Or at least get em strong enough that I won't have as difficult of a time balancing the weight.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry about arm strength. I should say, it will come....bench is one of the best things you can do for the triceps.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-21-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not talking about anything drastic, maybe just 3 sets of curls on chest day just to kickstart their development. I don't curl at all, it's not been part of my routine but maybe a couple of sets once a week could help a little. No?

It wouldn't take long. Maybe just another 5 minutes once a week.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It's fine if you want to do it. But the suggestion that it will help your bench in any way is false. If your bench is truly what you are worried about, tricep extensions or skull crushers or CG bench will be far more effective.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I don't care about having big arms, I'd just do it to help my bench. The problem with angled bench is I don't feel comfortable doing it yet. Especially since I don't have a spotter. Maybe I should just be patient and let myself build up to a point where I can start taking on more.

My bench was pretty bad this week. I'll chalk it up to my muscles getting shocked.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I don't care about having big arms, I'd just do it to help my bench. The problem with angled bench is I don't feel comfortable doing it yet. Especially since I don't have a spotter. Maybe I should just be patient and let myself build up to a point where I can start taking on more.

My bench was pretty bad this week. I'll chalk it up to my muscles getting shocked.
The bar shouldn't travel in an angle, go back to the Stronglifts website. Straight line for max gains, brahh. Sternum/below nipples area, up and down, don't make the bar travel.

unless you mean line incline bench....then disregard.

Triceps will make them arms look bigger, 3 heads are bigger than 2.