Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-19-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel fat :(

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I feel fat :(
It's ok.

You are fat.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It's ok.

You are fat.
I'm a lineman, I'm suppossed to be fat!

It'll be okay. On the days like today where I do nothing but sit down, watch tv and play video games, these aren't good days. I'll be active again tomorrow and the rest of the week, lifting, running, etc. I'll fell better about myself :)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah Rob, sleep atleast 8 hours a night. It's almost as important as protein in gaining mass.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Oh yeah Rob, sleep atleast 8 hours a night. It's almost as important as protein in gaining mass.
Yes indeed. Sleep i way underrated. ZMA ftw!

I am going to keep a food log here for today:

Breakfast:

2 huge cups black coffee (kind of like a Pre WO drink)
6 egg whites with salsa and ham
1 scoop whey in water

During Work Out

Gatorade/Whey Mix- 2:1 Carbs: Protein plus creatine

Post Work Out Meal / Lunch

Chicken Breast were an sale for 2 bucks a lb so thats my meat of choice for a while. I just bought up family packs and am going to eat on a day which comes out to about 4 lbs.

So, the meal:

~1.3 lbs chicken
Pint of Blueberries
One Apple

Late Afternoon Snack

~1.3 lbs. Chicken
Fish Oil

Dinner

~1.3 lbs. Chicken with a salad
Fish Oil

Pre Bed Shake

1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Table Spoon Natural Peanut Butter
Fish Oil

Last edited by Rob S : 07-20-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yes indeed. Sleep i way underrated. ZMA ftw!

I am going to keep a food log here for today:

Breakfast:

2 huge cups black coffee (kind of like a Pre WO drink)
6 egg whites with salsa and ham
1 scoop whey in water

During Work Out

Gatorade/Whey Mix- 2:1 Carbs: Protein plus creatine
I guess I'll keep one, too.

Breakfast:
2 eggs with hot sauce
Small bowl of fruit (melon)
Small Carton of 1% milk

My daily workout is usually around 7 p.m. ET since I get off of work at 6. I take two scoops of SuperPump with Gatorade before and two scoops of whey with water after.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a job now so my free time has plummeted along with my workout regiment. I am now weak and have no time for a serious workout regiment. Anything I could do with no equipment for like a half hour a day? (BTW I only run to work)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eggs with hot sauce are so f'n good
Old 07-20-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I have a job now so my free time has plummeted along with my workout regiment. I am now weak and have no time for a serious workout regiment. Anything I could do with no equipment for like a half hour a day? (BTW I only run to work)
Push ups. Sit ups. Squats without weights. Do different variations of those and if you can do pull ups somewhere, do those.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I guess I'll keep one, too.

Breakfast:
2 eggs with hot sauce
Small bowl of fruit (melon)
Small Carton of 1% milk

My daily workout is usually around 7 p.m. ET since I get off of work at 6. I take two scoops of SuperPump with Gatorade before and two scoops of whey with water after.
Lunch was a little big today...

Lunch
1 Tuna Roll ( six pieces of tuna sushi )
A small handful of salad with ginger dressing
Hibachi Steak (8 bite size pieces, medium well) and Shrimp (6 medium pieces) with White Rice and Steamed Veggies
Two glasses of Water

I'm probably going to snack on some cottage cheese and pineapple before my workout and figure out something on the fly for a late light dinner.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 07-20-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much put up what I expect to eat over the course of today
Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I pretty much put up what I expect to eat over the course of today
How many times do you take fish oil? I usually take it with breakfast and before my workout but didn't today because I knew I would be having tuna for lunch.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How many times do you take fish oil? I usually take it with breakfast and before my workout but didn't today because I knew I would be having tuna for lunch.
I take it usually 4 times a day.......with my pills that comes out to around 3 grams combined EPA and DHA which is what you want.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Just snacked on a handful of trail mix (almonds, peanuts, raisins, and M&M's). Should give me energy for the gym in about 2 hours. I'm gonna have some low fat cottage cheese and pineapple about 30 minutes before as well.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob why skim milk at the end of the day? I would suggest whole milk. I have talked to wrestling coaches at UVA and they said drink whole milk if you want to bulk up
Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Rob why skim milk at the end of the day? I would suggest whole milk. I have talked to wrestling coaches at UVA and they said drink whole milk if you want to bulk up
I am not really bulking, more eating maintenance, but since I have been cutting so much it feels like bulking and I do expect my lifts to go up. Also, when I do bulk I am an easy gainer so I try to do it as clean as possible or I will gain fat and a lot of it......hence why I dont eat pasta/bread/whole milk, etc. If you have a normal body type tho, you are right, whole milk is full of win. Especially for crybaby hardgainers.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

My Nutritional Breakdown for today:

2,987 Calories

61.3 grams fat

106.4 grams carbs

478.3 grams protein
Old 07-20-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
My Nutritional Breakdown for today:

2,987 Calories

61.3 grams fat

106.4 grams carbs

478.3 grams protein
Where would I be able to do this?

Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where would I be able to do this?
Fitday.com is one place.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about starting to eat 6 small meals a day to help lose weight, each being about 200-300 calories. Any advice?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I use fitday. Thats the way to do it Eagles......diet is most important but make sure you are doing cardio as well. As far as diet, high protein, low card is the way to go. If you can, cut out all bread and processed carbs.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I am tremendously full right now.......that chicken did a number on me. Still tho, if I incorporated more milk and whole grains (stuff like wheat bread, brown rice, etc) and olive oil I could have 5000 easy so I still dont have sympathy for hardgainers.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Today was absolutely terrible. I couldn't finish a couple of my last sets and I felt fatigued very quickly. I had pineapple and cottage cheese before I want along with two scoops of SuperPump250 and a small cobb salad, banana, and protein shake after. My blood sugar was good, I thought. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep? Long weekend, perhaps. Whatever it was, it killed me and I didn't like it at all. I'm pretty upset with myself. Waking up an hour early tomorrow to do some cardio to try to make up for a lackluster workout today. **** Chest and Tris. Tomorrow, I'm hitting legs hard.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who know a lot about lower body plyometrics. How was this work out for lower body explosiveness?

5 set of 30 seconds of switch foot box drill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTj-...eature=channel

5 sets of 10(or 20 depending on how you count) of dynamic scissor lunges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kBYCMFljLM&NR=1

5 sets of 15 Explosive squats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDOs1...eature=channel

I then drilled some wrestling takedowns.

I was wondering is that good for plyometrics? I am teaching myself about plyos so I dont really know if that is a good work out or not
Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add some box jumps, some frog jumps with a medicine ball, and maybe some lateral hops over boxes and then it looks pretty good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote