Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made some modifications to my meals yesterday.

Breakfast was 3 scrambled egg whites with tomato and hot sauce
Bowl of oatmeal waith 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and raisins
Banana
Pint of 2% Milk
Tall glass of water

Lunch was a little big as well:
Medium sized salad with Chicken, Cucumber, Olives with Balsamic
Tuna on Rye with lettuce and tomato

Dinner was meh:
Chicken and Scallop teriyaki over rice
6 pieces of sushi (avocado and crab)
3 pieces of veggie tempura

I didn't have any snacks throughout the day. I'm trying to keep the fat in my diet down so what I gain isn't fat although there will be some.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, if you're trying to gain weight...three meals per day isnt going to cut it. You want to be eating every 2 to 3 hours. No, not every meal has to be massive but, they should all be high in protein. Some could obviously be meal replacements, like protein bars or shakes w/e. I tend to actually eat food myself, though. :) But again, you want to eat big total for the day but, it also has to be frequent not, just breakfast, lunch, dinner. My last post should give you a better idea on the last page.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I saw that. Thanks for the advice. I had a protein bar and muscle milk between lunch and dinner that I remembered about. About 50g of protein there. Every 2-3 hours is gonna be tough but I'll do it and let you guys know how it goes.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it kinda stinks, but you need to do it. I am wolfing down over 4 pounds of chicken breast a day.......not easy.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if I am trying to maintain my weight should I do low rep high weight? or high rep of low weight?
Old 07-25-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
if I am trying to maintain my weight should I do low rep high weight? or high rep of low weight?
I like somewhere around 5-8 for my main lifts. I use 8-12 for most assistance lifts.

Anything more than 12 is crap tho imo.

And, if you want to get stronger, lower rep and higher weight is the way to regardless of weight goals.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Only your diet will determine if you gain weight or lose weight.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Only your diet will determine if you gain weight or lose weight.
Incorrect, it is your diet, combined with activity level. Plus there are nutrients and supplements than can slightly effect it.

You can eat "only" 1300 calories a day, but if you are only burning, say, 800, you will still gain weight. You will have guys consuing thousands of cals a day, and can barely maintain their wieght because the claories they burn is just as much...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I eat a low fat diet but I'm trying to gain weight. Since I last posted, I've upped my meals to just about double they were. Anyone reach their summer goal yet?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I eat a low fat diet but I'm trying to gain weight. Since I last posted, I've upped my meals to just about double they were. Anyone reach their summer goal yet?
Mine was just to not be totally repulsive. Considering I am 80% repulsive, I'd say I've partially accomplished it, lol.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What side of the road are you suppose to run on? Into oncoming traffic, or away?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I would just use the sidewalk, but I think you are technically supposed to run with traffic if you are in the road. It really doesnt matter tho since you have to be an idiot to get hit with it being your fault.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

btw, my summer goal of repping 135 on strict OHP has been on hold with the weight loss. Now that I am eating more tho I should get it. I can get 120 with perfect form and 125 with the last few reps being ugly.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did some cleans today at the gym. It's always kind of fun doing cleans becuase most non-athletes don't know what the hell you're doing so everybody is kind of watching. Let's me put on a bit of a show.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Did some cleans today at the gym. It's always kind of fun doing cleans becuase most non-athletes don't know what the hell you're doing so everybody is kind of watching. Let's me put on a bit of a show.
They're so exhausting! + rep for actually doing power cleans and knowing the weird looks you get. I can sympathize.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, I have been there before. Plus I dont really do a lot of weight so IDK if people are looking at me because they dont know what is going on or if they arte like how the hell can he be that weak.

today I did my traditonal 12 set of chest,back,shoulders. but then I went back to go to the gym w/ my friend so I figured I would do a push up,body row ladder.

I did 9 bodyrow then 1 push up. 8 body row and 2 push ups etc. It is a nice work out, I will do it directly after my work out next time i do chest back shoulders
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I ran today and it sucked.......my jump rope is worn out and I didnt feel like going to the store to get a new one. God I hate running.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I ran today and it sucked.......my jump rope is worn out and I didnt feel like going to the store to get a new one. God I hate running.
Is jump rope a good alternative to running? Or does it work a completely different muscle?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Incorrect, it is your diet, combined with activity level. Plus there are nutrients and supplements than can slightly effect it.

You can eat "only" 1300 calories a day, but if you are only burning, say, 800, you will still gain weight. You will have guys consuing thousands of cals a day, and can barely maintain their wieght because the claories they burn is just as much...
If you are only burning 800 calories a day you are probably like 70 pounds.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Is jump rope a good alternative to running? Or does it work a completely different muscle?
I personally like it better than running. I think it does more work as well, because you can throw in different stuff to work on balance and agility.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Jump Rope is pretty much the best cardio you can do.......if you are a runner tho, you of course need to run. However, for all other athletes, I think jump rope is superior to running for conditioning. Plus like Sniper said, the agility benefits are nice. Plus, talk about people looking at you in the gym in awe, get going on a nice jump rope routine.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone tell me what to add/remove on my lifting routine?
Monday: (Triceps, Chest, And Abs)
Skullcrushers 3 sets of 15
Butterflys (Pec Dec) 3 sets of 15
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension 3 sets of 15
Lying Tricep Extension across face 3 sets of 15
Cable Crossover 3 sets of 15
Tricep Dips 3 sets of 15

Tuesday (Bicep, Back)
Dumbell Alternate Bicep Curl 3 sets of 15
Lying cable Curl 3 sets of 15
Standing Inner Bicep Curl 3 set of 15
Seated Cable Rows 3 Sets of 15
Lateral Pull down 3 sets of 15

Wednesday (Legs, Shoulders)
Leg Press 3 set of 15
Shrugs 3 sets of 15
Windshield wipers 3 sets of 15
Arm Circles with Dumbbells 3 sets of 15
Rotary Calf 3 sets of 45
Seated Leg Curls 3 sets of 15
Leg Extension 3 sets of 15

Thursday (look at monday)
light weight

Friday (look at tuesday)
light weight

Sat and sun (days off)

After each workout i go to the steam room. Then i go to the sauna. Then i go to the hot tub and relax. I would do bench but i had a bad experience with it so im not gonna do it until im ready lol
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have to run to the dentist right now, but that routine is really bad. Aside from most of the exercises being poor, why do you lift 3 days in a row and then rest? Stagger your rest days between lifting heavy. I will help you out some when I get back. But, look at routines like Starting Strength and WS4SB. A good guideline is that if your routine does not contain bench, squat, and deadlift it is no good.

*** What was your bad experience on bench? A spotter can pretty much fix any problems you may have. If it was an injury, your form was probably messed up.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
how many people actually ONLY burn 800 calories in a day... fwiw, the more you weigh/larger your size, the more work your body has to do to maintain it... more calories you have to burn...

in addition, the more food you consume, the more calories are lost by digestive process calories...

According to McClave SA and HL Snider. Dissecting the energy needs of the body. Current Opinion in clinical nutrition and metabolic care (2001) 4: 143-147:
brain: 240 Calories
liver: 200 Calories
heart: 400 Calories
kidneys: 400 Calories
adipose tissue 4.5 Calories/kg
muscle mass 13 Calories/kg

Note: those are rest values, no activity what so ever. it's also been noted that intense studying results in a greater blood-glucose usage by the brain. but to what significant effect is still unknown.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well the spotter caused the injury to my chest because he was slapping me in the face while i was benching.. and ever since everytime i bench i always get the feeling im going to drop the bench bar on my chest..

my ribs was broken due to that experience and i did beat the crap out of him after i was recovered.

Last edited by MiWolves : 07-31-2009 at 07:36 PM.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote