Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I plan on going bat **** insane in these workouts, will this be enough I am trying to bulk up for football.
Rippetoes is the sex for bulking. Do it for however long, eat a lot, drink mucho milk. Enjoy gains. Cut. Be ripped.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I plan on going bat **** insane in these workouts, will this be enough I am trying to bulk up for football.

workout, and eat
Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depending on what your position is, make sure you run sprints, plyometric drills and do agility drills. The last thing that you want to do is gain all of that muscle and be so stiff that you get beat off the snap all the time.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 01-18-2010 at 10:51 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Depending on what your position is, make sure you run sprints, plyometric drills and do agility drills. The last thing that you want to do is gain all of that muscle and be so stiff that you get beat off the snap.
If I remember correctly, he plays OLB. Either way, maintain your flexibility.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st workout back sucked.....going to be ultra sore tomorrow everywhere.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got done working biceps. Swole as a ************. hahaha

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just took a contrast shower to speed up the healing on my lower back, glutes, and hamstrings..............it sucked balls
Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I just took a contrast shower to speed up the healing on my lower back, glutes, and hamstrings..............it sucked balls
What time intervals did you use? 3 minutes hot, 1 minute cold?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What time intervals did you use? 3 minutes hot, 1 minute cold?
2 and 1........they really suck, ever so effective tho.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
2 and 1........they really suck, ever so effective tho.
You should invest in a foam roller if you haven't already.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
I want one real bad.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

invest in an asian woman. They give good massages. Great post workout

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
they have those at the gym i go to, works wonders.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

they really that good? I never tried it, but it always looked useless.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-23-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

down to 188lbs...

feels good, because december 2008, i was 270lbs.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
down to 188lbs...

feels good, because december 2008, i was 270lbs.
Up to 181.6. Last week I was 178.8. I'm trying to go the opposite way to 190 then cut down to 180 before summer.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I'm starting my third week of creatine use. My gains have been pretty good. Leg press is up 45 pounds. Squat up 20. Bench up 20.

I have to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see how I'm progressing. I feel heavier and I've been asked if I'm gaining weight by a couple friends.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm starting my third week of creatine use. My gains have been pretty good. Leg press is up 45 pounds. Squat up 20. Bench up 20.

I have to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see how I'm progressing. I feel heavier and I've been asked if I'm gaining weight by a couple friends.
In 3 weeks with just creatine? Those are really awesome gains, bench especially. What is your bench at now? I ask because generally gains are real slow once you hit like 2 plates unless your pounding food or just have a beastly natural ability.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up to 168 pounds. I was absolutely floored when I saw the scale. I knew I had gained weight because my bench went up to 170 last week, but I didn't know I had gained that much. This drink a **** ton of milk thing is absolutely crazy. Especially proud considering at the end of summer I weighed 145ish(with a tendency to be less than that even). Pretty sure most of it is lean.

tjsunstein, what kind of creatine are you on? I've played with it before, but damn, those are good results.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I remember I was 98 pounds in 7th grade.

9th- 130
10th- 145
11th- 160
12th- 175

Now- 180

:D

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much daily cardio should I do to drop a large amount of weight? I'm trying to work out six days per week.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
How much daily cardio should I do to drop a large amount of weight? I'm trying to work out six days per week.
Six days a week is a lot, even if you are extremely determined to lose a lot of weight. I would aim for 4 days a week. Less fatigue.

In my opinion, it's best to start out slow, especially if you haven't done a consistent regime of cardio in a while.

Start out running 15-20 minutes on the treadmill, maybe mix in some elliptical work. Then, gradually increase the time on the treadmill while declining the time on the elliptical.

Then, stick to whatever time on the treadmill you feel comfortable with.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually run around a track for like 30 minutes and do ellipticals for 20 minutes 4 days a week. I went from 210 to 195 in 3 weeks doing this.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been looking to get stronger recently, so I looked into buying some supplements. I decided to go with a casein protein. I usually drink it before I go to bed on a lifting day.

I dont know what to expect though. Hopefully good results.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Start with diet. Monitor it closely and set a strict caloric restriction: maybe 2500 on workout days, 2000 non-workout days, get mostly lean protein and healthy fats with some carbs after working out. I would try and do cardio 4 days a week. The key is to keep doing it tho, so make sure you pick something you like, even switch it up if you want with a rotation, much like a lifting program. Keep it new and fresh and do as much as you can in a day......once you are too tired to continue, do a cool down and cut it....the endurance will come, you dont need to kill yourself in the early stages, it will make you want to stop. The weight comes off so easy in the beginning anyway, you probably wouldnt need cardio as long as you get your diet squared away. Its still a good idea to do it, but just get that diet squared away ;) And remember, losing weight is as simple a concept as it gets.....if calories out > calories in, you lose weight.