Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I think that Aussie Rules is probably THE sport if you want to find an elite overall athlete. You need the endurance of runners, the speed of sprinters and the strength of at least rugby players if you want to be in great shape for it.

I've found that it is a great fitness base to go into basically anything else and that an "unfit" footy player is pretty much going to be above average in every other sport, or at least all the ones I've tried.

Rugby is comparable but a more muscular type of fitness than aerobic, which lends itself less well to other sports that the aerobic fitness in footy but most of you know nothing about it so you have missed the boat.

That said, if you can find somewhere to play a competitive game it will knock you on your ass really good.

I'm hoping to catch some this summer when I'm in your fine continent.....they play games in August right?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm hoping to catch some this summer when I'm in your fine continent.....they play games in August right?
They sure do.

Would recommend going to a game at the MCG if you are in Melbourne, will give you the best experience.

Also, probably worth trying to catch a game with someone who knows what is happening that is willing to explain as I'm told that if you have no idea what's happening it is hard to watch. I can imagine it would be, would look a lot like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Also, the game is very much like the NFL where the difference between watching the good and the bad teams will alter your entire perception of the sport. I'd avoid the Eagles like the plague based on their play so far, Cats, Hawks and Bulldogs are probably playing the most entertaining football to the casual fan, if you like physicality, Sydney and Saints are also a good bet.

Also, if you are still here in September, that is when the finals start and it goes up a notch for that.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that Aussie Rules is probably THE sport if you want to find an elite overall athlete. You need the endurance of runners, the speed of sprinters and the strength of at least rugby players if you want to be in great shape for it.

I've found that it is a great fitness base to go into basically anything else and that an "unfit" footy player is pretty much going to be above average in every other sport, or at least all the ones I've tried.
How would you compare Aussie Football players to Sevens players?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would you compare Aussie Football players to Sevens players?
7s are similar to League, probably about 25% of the way to being Aussie Rules compared to League. AFL players would generally be more agile, fitter aerobically but not as big. Speed will vary between positions. They are another bunch of excellent all around athletes. There isn't a lot of 7s over here though so I can't say with genuine certainty, just based on what I have seen.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They sure do.

Would recommend going to a game at the MCG if you are in Melbourne, will give you the best experience.

Also, probably worth trying to catch a game with someone who knows what is happening that is willing to explain as I'm told that if you have no idea what's happening it is hard to watch. I can imagine it would be, would look a lot like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Also, the game is very much like the NFL where the difference between watching the good and the bad teams will alter your entire perception of the sport. I'd avoid the Eagles like the plague based on their play so far, Cats, Hawks and Bulldogs are probably playing the most entertaining football to the casual fan, if you like physicality, Sydney and Saints are also a good bet.

Also, if you are still here in September, that is when the finals start and it goes up a notch for that.
Yeah, I will be in Melbourne for a while, so I plan on catching a game there. I am staying with a friend's brother so hopefully he knows the rules haha....he is an Indian tho, so idk. Won't be there in Sept., probably until late August tho, once I know exact dates I will check out the schedule and hopefully pick out a good game.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, so basically I am looking for some advice about stationary bikes and such. I'm trying to get in a bit of shape (let myself go after knee injuries / giving up soccer for a while). In addition to playing soccer twice a week (5 a side for an hour at a time) have also bought the stationary bike.

Currently I am riding on the lowest resistance as I am trying to lose weight and gain cardio, and just go as fast as I can for 30 minutes, with my best currently being 21Km with burnt calories of approx 490 calories. I know the readouts on the bike are unrealistic but just wondered if anyone knew of any decent things to do / aim for.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't go low resistance the whole time. Higher resistance, only a couple notches up, and a slower pace will most likely burn more calories.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool, was thinking of kicking it up as been on the low resistance for about a month now and feel like I am plateauing there

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, kick up the resistance. Just try and go with some variety......the LSD for 30 min. is fine, bit you could switch it up with HIIT by doing sprint intervals at high resistance levels.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Today will be my 1st day in the gym in like 3 weeks......had strep throat and swine flu at the same time and it pretty much destroyed me. I lost 10 lbs. in that time period. Time to see how weak I got!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Today will be my 1st day in the gym in like 3 weeks......had strep throat and swine flu at the same time and it pretty much destroyed me. I lost 10 lbs. in that time period. Time to see how weak I got!
I had mono last year for a solid two months. Took me three months to get my strength back.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
7s are similar to League, probably about 25% of the way to being Aussie Rules compared to League. AFL players would generally be more agile, fitter aerobically but not as big. Speed will vary between positions. They are another bunch of excellent all around athletes. There isn't a lot of 7s over here though so I can't say with genuine certainty, just based on what I have seen.
I've seen a lot of Sevens, due to living in HK for 5 years. They are smaller than 15s players, but tend to be more all rounded in terms of skill and speed. High end cardio seems to be one of the key issues, as those guys never stop running.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

1st day back wasnt that bad.....lost a little strength, but for 10 lbs lost, I will take it.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone try Lipo 6, or Animal Cuts?

I'm thinking about buying a bottle to use for like 3-5 weeks. In three weeks i start another diet/cutting phase. I learned that for me I gotta change diets and things like every 3 weeks. So i have a 10 week plan, with 3 weeks diet, 1 off week, 3 weeks diet, 1 off week, 2 weeks diet. First 3 is natural, the next 3 is with pills, and the last 2 is clean.

I finished a 7 week cycle with 1 cheat week, the first 1 or 2 weeks I went to 142, but now that I fished it I'm at 146-147, with considerable amount of less %fat. I just want to loose that last bit of % or lbs of fat, so I can see my bottom abs and my handles sink in a bit.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wound up spraining my ankle over the weekend playing some ball. nothing too bad, have regained most of my mobility and ability to put weight on it. Right now it is still swollen and bruised pretty good, any advice on how long i should stay off it in a gym/workout sense?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
wound up spraining my ankle over the weekend playing some ball. nothing too bad, have regained most of my mobility and ability to put weight on it. Right now it is still swollen and bruised pretty good, any advice on how long i should stay off it in a gym/workout sense?
I dunno about how long to stay off it, but you can still do upper body workouts.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

I'm thinking about buying a bottle to use for like 3-5 weeks. In three weeks i start another diet/cutting phase. I learned that for me I gotta change diets and things like every 3 weeks. So i have a 10 week plan, with 3 weeks diet, 1 off week, 3 weeks diet, 1 off week, 2 weeks diet. First 3 is natural, the next 3 is with pills, and the last 2 is clean.

I finished a 7 week cycle with 1 cheat week, the first 1 or 2 weeks I went to 142, but now that I fished it I'm at 146-147, with considerable amount of less %fat. I just want to loose that last bit of % or lbs of fat, so I can see my bottom abs and my handles sink in a bit.
What's your regular caffeine intake?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
What's your regular caffeine intake?
0. I stopped drinking soda and coffee for 7 weeks. Even before that I didn't drink soda or tea that much.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Stay away from Lipo 6. It's no different than Hydroxycut or Stacker, just read the label. Animal Cuts should be good, Universal doesn't mess around. Also with Animal Cuts, they split the ingredients into different pills, so if you're sensitive to thermogenics, you can take it out. It also has a diuretic in it, so you'll look pretty jacked after a couple days.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
0. I stopped drinking soda and coffee for 7 weeks. Even before that I didn't drink soda or tea that much.
You might want to watch out on the jitters becamse you might have become stim sensitive.
Other ones you might want to look at are Gaspari's Mitotropin or Cytolean, or MAN Scorch or Controlled Labs REDuction. If they don't have a night time pill, I'd also suggest REDuction PM. I've had good results on REDuction and Scorch.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally benched 245 at 155ish pounds. My bench keeps on improving but my squats and deadlift numbers have been slowing down.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Finally benched 245 at 155ish pounds. My bench keeps on improving but my squats and deadlift numbers have been slowing down.
That's impressive. I didn't mind being taller than everyone until I started lifting. Every lift that much harder because my legs are arms are longer than who I work out with.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
That's impressive. I didn't mind being taller than everyone until I started lifting. Every lift that much harder because my legs are arms are longer than who I work out with.
Haha very true.

In the long run being tall > being short so enjoy it
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Haha very true.

In the long run being tall > being short so enjoy it
idk, I think tall people die earlier than short people.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
idk, I think tall people die earlier than short people.
well, ****.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote