Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol as i said, all ya need is pull ups push ups sit ups and running hahah
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this one gets soo crazy
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually some of the best workouts are push ups, dips, pulls ups, and chin ups. They work out your chest, tris, back and bis the most of any workout.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ps_exercise s

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ap_exercis es

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ceps_exercises
Old 04-15-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are good but if you want to get bigger and stronger weights are great as well.

What exercises do you all do for power and explosion? I do power cleans, one arm dumbell snatches, and dumbell swings, along w/ plyo boxes. Anything I should add in?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that 1 leg squats are amazing. It helps balance them out, say one leg is running a 4.6 other is 4.5, you'll end up running the 4.6.

If you have a smith machine and are coordinated enough to do it, put the bench under put enough weight that there is resistance usually 135. Bring it down and push up with all your power enough that you throw it up and it leaves your hands, but be quick to catch it right away and not drop it on your neck,...have the side stoppers up higher.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pull ups, dips and all that stuff are great, do you they're not going to help you out like squats, dead lifts and such. Those guys are naturally jacked, there not skinny guys trying to put on mass.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Pull ups, dips and all that stuff are great, do you they're not going to help you out like squats, dead lifts and such. Those guys are naturally jacked, there not skinny guys trying to put on mass.
those guys obviously lift or used to lift heavy.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
those guys obviously lift or used to lift heavy.
The one dude that was big and not really cut up looked like he did roids at one point too, but damn, some of those guys could be pro gymnasts :|
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have experience w/ complex training?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Anyone have experience w/ complex training?
Rob does.

I tried it ohh man does it kick your ass. Half way through you can't hold the damn bar. I did it with 70lbs, since i never do good mornings. Oh man mid way between the 4th rep after cleans i wanted to drop the bar.

I did the dumbell ones that one is hard to keep your balance in something like good morning if you never done it. I used 25 to start, and usually could do like 3-4 good mornings. So after 2-3 days using 25s, i went to 20 to see how it was it wasn't enough weight. Cause usually after the 1st run through, i'm huffing and feel sweat coming out of every pore.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do complexes one my cardio days. Every third day. I've become a big fan of the cosgrove complex. It kicks my ass every time. I've done 85, can't do 95.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqKysjhHopA

that is some interesting exercises that Polamulu does, i have seen a lot of people disagree w/ it. How do you all feel about it?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I messed up my knee playing soccer so I'm gonna be out of commission for a while. Let this be a lesson kids: dont try and blast a 30 yd. free kick without adequate stretching....both your quad and knee will get destroyed.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I partially tore my MCL on Friday night playing drunk football in the rain. Didn't hurt that bad when it happened, but when I woke up the next morning, I almost threw up because the pain was so bad.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqKysjhHopA

that is some interesting exercises that Polamulu does, i have seen a lot of people disagree w/ it. How do you all feel about it?

ehh it clearly didn't work for him since he got injured that season.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I messed up my knee playing soccer so I'm gonna be out of commission for a while. Let this be a lesson kids: dont try and blast a 30 yd. free kick without adequate stretching....both your quad and knee will get destroyed.
Or just don't play soccer. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Or just don't play soccer. ;)
I was actually reffing the games and just messing around inbetween. I am not going to stop reffing any time soon bc I make 14 bucks an hour haha.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally cracked the 200 lb club with a 205 max on my bench. :)
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Congrats!!
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Good stuff man! Time to get to the 225 lb. club!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what are your favorite lifts everyone?

for me it is the push press, I just love how you lower your level then explode up making the bar your ***** holding it above your head. I love it.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

for me it is the push press, I just love how you lower your level then explode up making the bar your ***** holding it above your head. I love it.
Gotta like the push press.

I'd say my favorite are dead lifts or hang cleans.

they get smoked.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I got back from Bali without doing extra damage to my knee... see the specialist tomorrow to get the whole surgery thing sorted, so not looking forward to a full leg brace and all that comes with a reconstruction...

Meanwhile... today is my last destroying my body day, decided I'm going clean on the diet, alcohol and going to do whatever kinds of weights I can do whilst my knee is ******, don't want to be that guy who gets fat because of an injury... Going to be interesting to see what I can and can't do... plenty of bench and shoulder work methinks... Hopefully will be benching around 250 on reps by the end of the period, hell even more would be nice.

I also realised that I have only worked out like 3 times this year... that is pathetic I is ashamed!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Took 4 days off from the gym to get re-focused and adjust my mindset. I started to slack a little bit in my workout and the last thing I want is to get sloppy with it.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I rly like all the OLY lifts but my favorite is probably squat. It's my best lift too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote