Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
anyone care for a race to losing 10 pounds as it seems a lot of us are cutting........it is helpful in squeezing out a little extra cardio haha
Me losing ten pounds would make me 160 at 6 foot tall. I don't think I could either, especially gaining mass though lifting. I'll try though. How would we know no one is cheating? I'm probably the least likely here to lose 10 pounds so I'll be completely honest.

Height: 6'0
Weight: 170
Body Fat %: 16.8, one week ago

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyone care for a race to losing 10 pounds as it seems a lot of us are cutting........it is helpful in squeezing out a little extra cardio haha
I've been trying to lose 5 lbs for months. Aint happening.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've lost 8 pounds in the past 2 weeks, but it will probably get a lot tougher now that I'm in the mid 150's.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today I did:

Biceps
Pullups (underhand) - 1 set of 10, 2 sets of 8
Preacher curls - 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 65 x 6
Hammer curls - 35 x 10, 40 x 8
Incline curls - 20 x 10, 20 x 10

Triceps
Close grip benchpress - 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6, 185 x 4
Skullcrushers (dumbbell) - 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 70 x 5
Dips - 3 sets of 10
Cable pulldowns - 120 x 10, 140 x 8

I also played with the wrist roller and destroyed my forearms in between workouts. I'm feeling pretty good right now.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys go to measure your body fat?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bout to go hit the field for my ghetto workout:

10 Forty yard sprints with a chute
There's a pretty steep hill that's about a 15 yard ruck, that i'll run about 20 times.
Some push-ups and sit-ups/crunches

and to top it off i'm going to push this god-awful tire around the field for about 100-150 yds.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:07 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can lose 10 lbs in a weekend if I have to. It's not in a healthy or long lasting way but it can be done
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I can lose 10 lbs in a weekend if I have to. It's not in a healthy or long lasting way but it can be done
could you do it in 24hrs without having to go to a hospital?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
could you do it in 24hrs without having to go to a hospital?
That sounds impossible, have you or someone you know done it? That'd be incredible.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its possible. I used to box and are good friends with tons of really good boxers. You can cut that in water weight. Its really stupid tho and the weight comes right back on anyway.

Maybe the caveat should be that your max bench cant go down or something.

And we can just make it an honor system. Its not that big of a deal really.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 6'1" 219. I don't know my body fat %, but I'll try to race ya'll.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Today I did:

Biceps
Pullups (underhand) - 1 set of 10, 2 sets of 8
Preacher curls - 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 65 x 6
Hammer curls - 35 x 10, 40 x 8
Incline curls - 20 x 10, 20 x 10

Triceps
Close grip benchpress - 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6, 185 x 4
Skullcrushers (dumbbell) - 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 70 x 5
Dips - 3 sets of 10
Cable pulldowns - 120 x 10, 140 x 8

I also played with the wrist roller and destroyed my forearms in between workouts. I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Why do you do bis/tri together. Back/bis or chest/tri works together so nicely.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I'm 6'1" 219. I don't know my body fat %, but I'll try to race ya'll.
cool. I am about 6 foot, 196 right now so we are probably pretty close.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
its possible. I used to box and are good friends with tons of really good boxers. You can cut that in water weight. Its really stupid tho and the weight comes right back on anyway.

Maybe the caveat should be that your max bench cant go down or something.

And we can just make it an honor system. Its not that big of a deal really.
That's true. You're just cheating yourself really.

And as far as working tris and Bis together, it's just not logical since the next day or the day after you're gonna be working chest or back and if you're still sore/tired from working the complementary muscle, you won't be able to do as much of a complete workout. Just my two cents.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Here's what I'll do for this "race." I'll try to gain weight without sacrficing my body fat. It was at 16.8 a week ago and really, I'm trying to add muscle mass. So if I can get up to 180 without gaining body fat then I'll consider it a success. Should we do periodical check ins? Once every two weeks?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

yeah I will post update. Our progress will probably be faster than yours TJ, because losing is easier than gaining, but whatever you want to do is cool with me. Its all about having a little bit of extra motivation.

I am going to try for dropping 1-2 lbs per week.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
yeah I will post update. Our progress will probably be faster than yours TJ, because losing is easier than gaining, but whatever you want to do is cool with me. Its all about having a little bit of extra motivation.

I am going to try for dropping 1-2 lbs per week.
I think I can put on that much per week. I'm buying some protein tomorrow. What's the best whey?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think I can put on that much per week. I'm buying some protein tomorrow. What's the best whey?
Optimum Nutrition imo. Thats pretty badass if you put on that much pure muscle, good stuff.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ONS optimum nutrition

also buy some Casein...though its very expensive for a small jar. But it well worth it when you go to sleep and you need protein for those 8 hrs. It makes a jell like substance in your stomach and digest slowly.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do you do bis/tri together. Back/bis or chest/tri works together so nicely.
I was always told to work opposing muscles together. Biceps/Triceps, Chest/Back. Can't remember why, but it made sense to me when I was told about it. Never had a problem with being too sore either.

And I don't feel like I work my triceps good enough if I'm working my chest the same day.

I can see the arguments for both types of workouts, I just prefer working them on the same day.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
ONS optimum nutrition

also buy some Casein...though its very expensive for a small jar. But it well worth it when you go to sleep and you need protein for those 8 hrs. It makes a jell like substance in your stomach and digest slowly.
Casien is useful, but I find it too expensive for what it does. Some cottage cheese and a regular whey shake with fish oil get the job done just as well before bed.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Casien is useful, but I find it too expensive for what it does. Some cottage cheese and a regular whey shake with fish oil get the job done just as well before bed.
Yeah Cottage Cheese and Greek Yogurt. Casien is a milk derived protein anyways.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah Cottage Cheese and Greek Yogurt. Casien is a milk derived protein anyways.
yup. Milk even works, but I have heard to stay away from Milk before bed because of something regarding insulin.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down for this. Just give me until after this weekend to start. I don't have tennis shoes or anything so once I get a pair of those, I'll be good to go.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That sounds impossible, have you or someone you know done it? That'd be incredible.
when I did powerlifting in HS, I dropped 8 in under 24hrs but I was so tired and dehydrated by weigh-in that I realized it's not worth it haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote