Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
thanks a lot ravens.
hopefully it works for me. I'm tired of being the skinniest kid around lol
Eat. Eat. Eat. Eat. Lift. RepEAT.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, I eat all the time but don't gain weight.
But I only eat healthy foods... rarely do I have anything considered bad (ex: cookies, donuts, fast food, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha, I eat all the time but don't gain weight.
But I only eat healthy foods... rarely do I have anything considered bad (ex: cookies, donuts, fast food, etc.)
You will need to eat more then to gain weight, it's a pretty simple equation. Skinny people who think they eat a lot rarely actually do. If you actually are eating a lot (3500+ calories a day) and can't gain weight, start drinking tall glasses of whole milk throughout the day.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thanks a lot ravens.
hopefully it works for me. I'm tired of being the skinniest kid around lol
remember you gotta eat a lot and drink a lot of milk. Get rest when you can to bulk up. It will take a while but that workout works. I gained 17 pounds in the summer with it. Brian Cushing used it in HS.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelieveable
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
remember you gotta eat a lot and drink a lot of milk. Get rest when you can to bulk up. It will take a while but that workout works. I gained 17 pounds in the summer with it. Brian Cushing used it in HS.
Yeah, I drink milk non-stop.
I wish I had known about this over the summer, because then I definitley would have started it then.
The guy I usually go to the gym with cant always make it on MWF, so I'll have to find somebody to work with and help me with everything

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 09-12-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I always go solo. I love it that way. The only downside is not having a spotter for bench.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unbelieveable
i fixed your link.

you don't copy the whole URL into the quotations. What you copy is in red...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJKuIMOB6i8&feature=related

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 09-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always go solo. I love it that way. The only downside is not having a spotter for bench.
I have a friend who lifts just as identical as I do so we go together all the time. Rarely do I go solo. It's great because we push each other to do more. Sometimes I will have an off day and he'll have a good day but he'll push me to do what he does and I don't want him to make me look bad. Also he spots me on anything that needs spotting, which is good because I can do that "extra" rep and if i fail he's there.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I have a friend who lifts just as identical as I do so we go together all the time. Rarely do I go solo. It's great because we push each other to do more. Sometimes I will have an off day and he'll have a good day but he'll push me to do what he does and I don't want him to make me look bad. Also he spots me on anything that needs spotting, which is good because I can do that "extra" rep and if i fail he's there.
Yeah, thats why I like to go with my friend.
So I know I can push myself my absolute hardest and know that if I fail, he'll be there to help out.

The only problem is that he's a good amount stronger than me. I'd like to find someone who does the about same amount as me on certain workouts but I'm not sure I'm good friends with anyone who is.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been doing the Bear Complex for about a month now, one of the trainers got to me doing it, and it feels pretty natural now. I'm doing 5 sets, 7 reps each, at 185 pounds. Taking decent breaks between sets. The last 2 sets kick my ass all the time but I usually maintain form. The push press after the back squat is always the thoughest. Only problem is that after I finish my sets I'm so damn tired to continue a full workout day.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats why you leave the complexs for off days, or at the end of a workout.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Eat. Eat. Eat. Eat. Lift. RepEAT.
Forgot the 8 hours of sleep part. Maximizes lean mass gain.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

First time did decline dumbbell presses, felt good.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Been doing the Bear Complex for about a month now, one of the trainers got to me doing it, and it feels pretty natural now. I'm doing 5 sets, 7 reps each, at 185 pounds. Taking decent breaks between sets. The last 2 sets kick my ass all the time but I usually maintain form. The push press after the back squat is always the thoughest. Only problem is that after I finish my sets I'm so damn tired to continue a full workout day.
Complex with 185 is straight beastly. Good ****, man.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been only doing complexes and nothing else for my lifting.

I am so goddamn sore every day for at least a month and I love it. I LOVE that feeling of being so sore that walking hurts haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have been only doing complexes and nothing else for my lifting.

I am so goddamn sore every day for at least a month and I love it. I LOVE that feeling of being so sore that walking hurts haha.
I know what you mean. If i end up taking a week or 2 off from working out. And then squat as my first workout....ohh man i get a bit sore right away, but feel good. But when I wake up in the mornin, feelin all good and sore knowing i got a good workout in. Though sitting down on the toilet is a *****, it hurts to squat and sit down on the toilet, and you have to slowly lower yourself. But then getting back up...its like ffuuuuu 1.2..3 exhale and up.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I know what you mean. If i end up taking a week or 2 off from working out. And then squat as my first workout....ohh man i get a bit sore right away, but feel good. But when I wake up in the mornin, feelin all good and sore knowing i got a good workout in. Though sitting down on the toilet is a *****, it hurts to squat and sit down on the toilet, and you have to slowly lower yourself. But then getting back up...its like ffuuuuu 1.2..3 exhale and up.
YES. goddamn I love it. I would rather lift like 2-3 times a week and feel like I am going to collapse form soreness than lift every day.

Also, I am up to 5 miles a day at a 7 minute pace. Suck it bitches.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I'm up to 2 at a bit under 8 minutes!

Changing up my work out a bit. More power and focusing more on triceps rather than chest. So close to abs too ahhhh.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

You guys have any ideas on how to increase my Cleans? I can't seem to get past 110.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

technique technique technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it power or hang clean???
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
technique technique technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it power or hang clean???
Power. I start out in the dead lift position, and then explode up, pull bar up like shrugging, then flip and catch down in a front squat type of position. I come up with elbow pointing forward, bar on chest/shoulders.

My problem when i try 135, is getting past the shrug part and catching it underneath. I can't seem to flip it at 135.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what is your size?

also here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9oUB9VLpI
Old 09-19-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
what is your size?

also here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9oUB9VLpI
5-7, 145. Hmmm I need to record how I do it. I think i might need to lean back.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah thats the best advice. from what it sounds like, maybe you are not lowering your level to catch it quick enough. IDK video taping it would be best.