Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Do the ploymetrics thing that is in P90x workout. 1:15 hr, of time you need but its a good way to burn fat. Hmm sprints, but you can't run. Have you tried biking? Jump rope, complexes, cycle training with machines.
I'll check out the p90x polymetrics. A friend of mine recently gave me all the videos for it. I just haven't look at them though.
I don't own a bike, I jump rope sometimes but that can get painful after a bit.
I haven't cycled with machines... doesn't seem effective. Maybe I'm not giving it a fair chance.

What are complexes?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I have stuck with the same stuff for months. But you could rotate if you want to.

I dont think there is an amount of weeks you do it. Well at least DeFranco didnt state it. Also I usually try to move up in weight for my maxes but some days I dont feel it so I just stay at the same weight.
you all jacked and ripped now? also you do the conditioning?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Brent, give this a read regarding complexes: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ded_physiqu e

I recommend using the "Evil 8" with around a 95 lb. bar (at the absolute most to start imo) if you consider yourself fit

With regards to keto: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/ze...emain-1196334/

Give that a read.....tons of great info from insanely knowledgeable people answering an abundance of questions.
Complexes its awesome.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you all jacked and ripped now? also you do the conditioning?

If you want to be jacked and ripped do a body building routine. WSB4SB was built for athletes to bulk up. I did gain weight while on it though.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I'm more into the power lifting anyways. Thats why I love my explosive lifts like Cleans, squats and deads.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have any of you done muscle ups before? I've finally been able to do 3 sets of 10s now. Also is there a better effective way to lose oblique fat?
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, just did my first complex today.
I was drenched in sweat and it felt great!
Loved it, I'm definitely keeping it in my routine now.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Holy ****, just did my first complex today.
I was drenched in sweat and it felt great!
Loved it, I'm definitely keeping it in my routine now.
What did you do?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I did the Cosgrove's Evil 8 with 95 lbs like Rob S recommended.
I dragged my friend with me to the gym for it, you should of saw his face when I told him we still had one more set to go... haha, priceless

Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves View Post
Have any of you done muscle ups before? I've finally been able to do 3 sets of 10s now. Also is there a better effective way to lose oblique fat?
There is no such thing as targeted fat loss. Your body is basically programmed to lose and put on fat in a specific way. Which is why females tend to get fat in the hip area and the triceps and males tend to get it in their stomach. Fat burning workouts and proper diet. But you can target areas with resistance training, resistance bands or light weights are good for obliques. By toning those muscles under the fat, it will look tighter.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 12-03-2010 at 06:50 PM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cosgrove's complex+normal bis/back workout+ab ripper x=me dead. Holy ****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 12-04-2010 at 03:18 PM.
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hurt my back doing squat-cleans at the gym. I haven't done many cleans since high school, but i felt like my form was still pretty good. Maybe it was just because I haven't done them in a while?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying a new diet to A) get healthy, B) Feel better, and C) Build muscle. Very tight budget, here's what I'm doing.

3 slices Whole Wheat Toast with 2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
1 Banana
1 cup Green Tea

1 can Tuna in water, no preserv.
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Broccoli

1/2 c Oats
3 oz Hazelnuts
(A very simple granola blend)

2c Whole-Grain Spaghetti
1c Veggie Juice

1# Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2c Edamame

Total approx. values are 2800 calories, 92g fat, 233g Carbs, 240g Protein
Approx. 31% fat, 35% carb, 36% protein

Things I like about it; cheap (about $210 a month), has soy protein, animal protein, fish protein, wheat protein, nut protein. Pretty easy to eat; tuna is the hardest part for me and I just drain it, sear the **** out of it on a flattop with lots of spices and garlic, then fry the rice right into it. Lots of veggies, no/very little preservatives, lots of very healthy foods. Pretty low maintenance and I'm shocked I got to such good caloric numbers at an affordable price without protein shake.

Things I don't like: Not exactly the easiest daily eating schedule; it's a ******* lot of healthy, bland food. Fat content is above ideal but considering 46 grams of it is from nuts I can live with it. Tuna; nasty to eat and sneaky bad for you in large amounts (mercury, nooo!)

Been having stomach problems lately and I'm hoping this diet acts as a detox and good muscle builder all at once.

Opinions? I'll be sure to update after I've been on it for a week or so to let you guys know how I'm feeling. I'm really hoping it boosts my energy level, how good my body feels, and my results from weightlifting.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-08-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're gonna eat the same thing everyday? I would come up with at least 3 different meals for each course. And I personally wouldn't start a new diet in the winter. It's tougher to be active and you lose energy, making it a lot easier to eat crap
Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
I hurt my back doing squat-cleans at the gym. I haven't done many cleans since high school, but i felt like my form was still pretty good. Maybe it was just because I haven't done them in a while?

is it a sore from working hard or a I screwed up my back sore?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
is it a sore from working hard or a I screwed up my back sore?
Screwed up my back sore. It seems to have gone away for the most part, must have just tweaked a muscle
Old 12-26-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any advice on the best liver detoxiant? Just dont want my liver to explode lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* stretch marks never go away. What is the best way to get them out?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-26-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
******* stretch marks never go away. What is the best way to get them out?

surgery. Other than that no real cure, deep tans, coca butter, rubbing vitamin b into your marks.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
surgery. Other than that no real cure, deep tans, coca butter, rubbing vitamin b into your marks.
Doesn't surgery leave it's own marks?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-26-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Doesn't surgery leave it's own marks?
nah its the skin stuff, where they take ur ass skin and place it over where you have marks. Either that or something else to remove it.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
nah its the skin stuff, where they take ur ass skin and place it over where you have marks. Either that or something else to remove it.
Surgery doesn't make sense. I think the best way is laser. I'll just get a tan.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think this thread would be buried this deep.
Anyway, the reason I'm bumping it is that I need to buy new post-workout supplements. I don't know much about MRP, so I might get one of those or lean protein like IsoPure (zero-carb) or BSN syntha-6.
If anyone used these, what do you think about it? And which one should I go for?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I might need to go back to supplements as well now that Im taking a weight training class.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greek yogurt or some cottage cheese has always been my favorite post workout supplement.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote