Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I've had really good experiences with OxyElite Pro. Gives you the boost of energy, and really seems to help with shedding weight/slimming down.

Yeah, that or Super HD (new product) stacked with Lean Extreme, should be awesome.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stacks just annoy me because you can build them yourself for way cheaper. I guess you pay for convenience though. I also broke as ****, so once I start working my real job I will be able to afford such luxuries. Then again, I wont have time to work out...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Stacks just annoy me because you can build them yourself for way cheaper. I guess you pay for convenience though. I also broke as ****, so once I start working my real job I will be able to afford such luxuries. Then again, I wont have time to work out...

This is why I'm taking this summer to bulk up. I figure it will be just maintenance after this, being some guy hoping to get to the gym 3x a week. :(
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yeah, that or Super HD (new product) stacked with Lean Extreme, should be awesome.
Is Super HD any better than the D4 Thermal Shock? I really wasn't impressed with the latter.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is why I'm taking this summer to bulk up. I figure it will be just maintenance after this, being some guy hoping to get to the gym 3x a week. :(
No way I'm getting close to 3 days lifting. Maybe a nighttime run. I just wont be able to lift at all. No way.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Is Super HD any better than the D4 Thermal Shock? I really wasn't impressed with the latter.

I got some free samples of Cellucor HD in my last BB.com order. I like it (I use it sparingly on cardio days), but people who are using it consistently apparently really like it.

Quote:
No way I'm getting close to 3 days lifting. Maybe a nighttime run. I just wont be able to lift at all. No way.

That sucks man. Early morning lift (like as soon as the gym opens early)? That's how I roll right now.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I got some free samples of Cellucor HD in my last BB.com order. I like it (I use it sparingly on cardio days), but people who are using it consistently apparently really like it.

That sucks man. Early morning lift (like as soon as the gym opens early)? That's how I roll right now.
Maybe. Idk though, my hours will be brutal. Don't know how brutal yet, but probably 8 - 7 at the very least. Corporate would just grinds you into the ground for the first 5 years or so.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I started doing it this way when I was in University. The gym at school was packed from 10am-10pm and busy from 730-10am. I just got fed up with it so after the end of my 1st semester I said **** it and started getting up at 4:30am on weekdays and hitting the gym every weekday at 6am even if I just went and rowed or biked for an hour because I was too sore to lift. It was so awesome being in (at the time, maybe still I have no idea) best University workout facility in the country (Canada) with only 2-10 other people there.

This kind of solution usually only works for people who have insanely flexible schedules like most non-working University students.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, being in college was awesome. I was allowed to work out and chalk up in the "trainers area" where nobody else was. It was glorious.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I started doing it this way when I was in University. The gym at school was packed from 10am-10pm and busy from 730-10am. I just got fed up with it so after the end of my 1st semester I said **** it and started getting up at 4:30am on weekdays and hitting the gym every weekday at 6am even if I just went and rowed or biked for an hour because I was too sore to lift. It was so awesome being in (at the time, maybe still I have no idea) best University workout facility in the country (Canada) with only 2-10 other people there.

This kind of solution usually only works for people who have insanely flexible schedules like most non-working University students.

The 6-7:45 time frame is really all I have. It sucks waking up, but at least I avoid most of the gym tool bags.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, being in college was awesome. I was allowed to work out and chalk up in the "trainers area" where nobody else was. It was glorious.
The best part for me was the fact that it was always empty at 6am, but every year I was there (still am), it got busier and busier at all of the other hours because they increased enrolment by thousands every year and most of them lived on campus in their first year. Campus security (or someone like that from what one of the trainers told me) have threatened to close the gym for a few hours a few times this year because its been so packed that they were breaking fire safety regulations.

Quote:
The 6-7:45 time frame is really all I have. It sucks waking up, but at least I avoid most of the gym tool bags.
I also enjoy this. Like someone doing curls at the squat rack, sometimes without any weight on the bar.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
The best part for me was the fact that it was always empty at 6am, but every year I was there (still am), it got busier and busier at all of the other hours because they increased enrolment by thousands every year and most of them lived on campus in their first year. Campus security (or someone like that from what one of the trainers told me) have threatened to close the gym for a few hours a few times this year because its been so packed that they were breaking fire safety regulations.

I also enjoy this. Like someone doing curls at the squat rack if they're curling, sometimes without any weight on the bar.
If I am in a rush, I ask people to remove themselves from the squat rack and if they dont do it an employee does so for me.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob S, could you break down what a quality deload week would be? I have been looking online but a lot of them are different and confusing and you seem to know what you're talking about so I'd rather just listen to you lol. Thanks.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Rob S, could you break down what a quality deload week would be? I have been looking online but a lot of them are different and confusing and you seem to know what you're talking about so I'd rather just listen to you lol. Thanks.
Do your normal main lifts (Big 4) at about 50% of your usual weight, same reps. You can do the assistance you normally do if you want, but it isn't necessary. If you do choose to do assistance, lower the sets and weight.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Protein Bar
Protein Shake w/ 4 oz skim milk
~8 oz roasted chicken
Baked Potato
Waffle w/Butter+ SF Syrup (Approx 500 cal)
Fried Chicken (Approx 850 cal)

with 2 scoops of protein for sludge as my dessert later.

Will be around 2,700 cals. I made it tough on myself, but the opportunity for fried chicken and waffles does not present itself very often.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Protein Bar
Protein Shake w/ 4 oz skim milk
~8 oz roasted chicken
Baked Potato
Waffle w/Butter+ SF Syrup (Approx 500 cal)
Fried Chicken (Approx 850 cal)

with 2 scoops of protein for sludge as my dessert later.

Will be around 2,700 cals. I made it tough on myself, but the opportunity for fried chicken and waffles does not present itself very often.
I aspire to one day be like you ATL. Hit 185 on the bench today. Needed some assistance from the spotter but 5 reps.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I aspire to one day be like you ATL. Hit 185 on the bench today. Needed some assistance from the spotter but 5 reps.

In due time, in due time sir. No lifting tomorrow so back to low carbs though. Bleh.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I really wonder how far my lifts have fallen. Haven't lifted heavy in quite a while now.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't lifted in a month. Too much school work and did my military physical readiness test today.
Did well and ran 1.5 miles in 11:28 (min:sec) ... not fast but still one of my best times since I joined the military (been in almost 10 yrs now)

Can't lift this week due to midterms and lab reports needing my full attention but Friday... GAME OVER!
Need to see if I can still lift the 100lbs dumbbells on the flat bench.
If I'm feeling froggy, maybe try the 110's.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumbbell flat bench is the best upper body workout ever.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Dumbbell flat bench is the best upper body workout ever.
DG the only things you lift are donuts, into your mouth.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
DG the only things you lift are donuts, into your mouth.
Seconded. (10)
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

****, I forgot I weigh in tomorrow. That fried chicken and waffle meal better not have ****** me. I miss my food scale, I could have a much better idea of how many cals I'm taking in. 199 plz.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 04-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
****, I forgot I weigh in tomorrow. That fried chicken and waffle meal better not have ****** me. I miss my food scale, I could have a much better how many cals I'm taking in. 199 plz.
We both weigh 199.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Are you also 6'2? (And I weighed in at 200.2 last week, but since this was a deload week and I've been quite strict on the calories, I hope to be at 199 tomorrow)