Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the best way to get rid of fat? I know diet but I mean as far as working out goes. I read so many conflicting reports that you never know what to believe, then you try to incorporate a but of everything and get no results.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
What's the best way to get rid of fat? I know diet but I mean as far as working out goes. I read so many conflicting reports that you never know what to believe, then you try to incorporate a but of everything and get no results.
It's simple actually. Take in less calories then you burn during the day. When it comes down to it, unless your doing keto, calories are still king for losing weight. Don't feel like running, cut out some food. Run an extra mile, you can eat more. It's not hard conceptually. I prefer HIIT or jumping rope because I can get it done quicker/it's more fun, but if you like LSD then go for that as long as you burn off your target.

Everything can get far more complicated than the above, but for a "normal" guy, the above is just fine.

Also, why dont you just do keto for a while?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It's simple actually. Take in less calories then you burn during the day. When it comes down to it, unless your doing keto, calories are still king for losing weight. Don't feel like running, cut out some food. Run an extra mile, you can eat more. It's not hard conceptually. I prefer HIIT or jumping rope because I can get it done quicker/it's more fun, but if you like LSD then go for that as long as you burn off your target.

Everything can get far more complicated than the above, but for a "normal" guy, the above is just fine.

Also, why dont you just do keto for a while?
I don't have the money/resources and time to go on a keto diet. I'm a college kid and then i've got to go home in a month, work all day and eat what my mom cooks... that's it lol. Plus, I really hate doing specific diets. I'm rather just eat relatively healthy (complex carbs, fruits and vegetables, lean meats) and hope that is good enough.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to cut my workout short today so I merged my deadlift and shoulder press into one workout... deadlift to power clean to press
holy ****... never done it before... wore me out!

I know some people do it that way all the time... is there any benefits to doing it this way?
I felt like I didn't get as good as a back workout since the weights were much less when compared to when I do deadlifts solo.
Not sure though... definitely was sweating at the end of it. Forearms were on fire too.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Rob! Sorry I havent been on much, mom had complications with her surgery.

So I have been living off eating ham and cheese on wheat bread and pb sandwiches, drinking it with a cup of skim milk and chocolate milk for every meal. A lot better then pizza, pepperonis, and chicken huh? haha.

Ive been lifting weights 4 times a week, even though I still dont do it right. I work out every muscle instead of working on specifics, and to be honest Ive already been seeing a little change in toneness in my arms,
Old 04-08-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No carbs/caloric defecit

Breakfast: Protein shake 3 sunny side up eggs, 3 burger patties, 8 strips of bacon

Dinner: ~6 oz pork, ~5oz chicken, ~2oz beast

Tonight: 2 scoops of Protein for sludge

~15 g carbs
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats sludge?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
whats sludge?

Low carb day ones suck. It's basic just casein or a blend protein, and water. Stir , pop in the freezer for a bit, and it comes out nice and think.

On bulking days, they are a great way to get protein in a more enjoyable way. Some pudding mix, greek yogurt, couple scoops of protein (casein or blend), nut butter/cream cheese, just all put in a bowl and stir, the pop in the freezer for a bit. Then you can use that as the base and top with things like cereal, cookies, basically whatever sounds appealing and fits your macros.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
195. Wut. I don't even.
That time again. Weigh in tomorrow.

Hope: 195.6
Guess: 196.8

I've been on point with my calories, but I dunno. Just not feeling it.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
That time again. Weigh in tomorrow.

Hope: 195.6
Guess: 196.8

I've been on point with my calories, but I dunno. Just not feeling it.

Forgot to check in earlier. 195.6! Bulk starts May 6, just have to stay under 197 until then.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My close grip floor press is stronger then my regular floor press and my close grip bench press is the same as my regular bench press. Anyone have that happen before
Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
My close grip floor press is stronger then my regular floor press and my close grip bench press is the same as my regular bench press. Anyone have that happen before
Nope. That makes very little sense. Are you using far too wide a grip for "normal" bench?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pinky on the smooth part for bench and regular floor press, I did illegal wides for a cycle and it increased so I figured my chest strength is increasing but still no luck.

I am a skinny guy at 5'10 170 IDK if that has anything to do with it.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Your triceps are just overdeveloped then.....too many dips, OHP, CG Bench and not enough regular bench.

If you can lift more though with CG, just use that grip regularly.....who cares?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My chest is the weakest. My triceps get bigger and stronger but my chest lags.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

If you can lift more though with CG, just use that grip regularly.....who cares?
True but I just want to get every muscle as strong as possible. I am going to test my 1 rep for bench in 2 weeks if it is more then my CG then I wont be too nervous bout it.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yall wanna put on some weight and gain a lot of strength heres basically a program i got from the university for football players

Monday/Thursday (Push)
Bench Press
Squats
Rack Lockouts
Squat Lockouts or Push press
Shoulder Press
Abdominals (your choice)

Tuesday/Friday (Pull)
Power Cleans
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Bent over rows
Lat Pull down
Abdominals (your choice)

heavy lifts on monday tuesday lighter on thursday friday... eat well after workout and drink as much milk and water as ur body can hold... no need for supplements
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Felt like I was starting to look/feel too skinny (think I was dieting too hard considering my goals) so I decided to get me through the last two heavy lift weeks (started yesterday) of 531 I was going to bulk up. Then on my deload week, I'd cut any extra weight to hit my goals, considering I'm not lifting as hard, and I have 5 days worth of Super HD samples left over.

I must say, it's glorious to be eating a lot again. My breakfast today: Protein Shake, 3 Eggs, 5 egg whites, 5 oz turkey ham, corn muffin, and a cup of cereal.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Rest of the day was sludge w/ 100 calorie pack and roasted chicken. Brought me to approx. 2,100 calories and obviously hit my protein target. ~2900-3000k maintenance. Had to get at least 10% surplus. 1 pint of Ben and Jerrys. 1100 calories. Awesome.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just do a ton of cardio man. Run/Bike/Walk everywhere/play pickup b-ball games. Don't be sedentary and watch what you eat.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Build Muscle (in the area)
2. Cardio.
3. Eat better (better food, more frequently, small meals)
4. Cardio.

building muscle doesn't require a gym. If you mean belly fat, just do situps.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
( more frequently, small meals)

Doesn't matter.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I lost a ton of weight eating one normal meal and one bigish meal for the past few years.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea I lost a ton of weight eating one normal meal and one bigish meal for the past few years.

^. Five 600 cal meals or two 1,500 cal meals? Doesn't matter. Whatever suits you.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
1. Build Muscle (in the area)
2. Cardio.
3. Eat better (better food, more frequently, small meals)
4. Cardio.

building muscle doesn't require a gym. If you mean belly fat, just do situps.
This is completely incorrect. You can't spot-reduce fat.