Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-29-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Forgot to check in earlier. 195.6! Bulk starts May 6, just have to stay under 197 until then.

Weighed in at 197.2 this morning. Looking to be 196 by Sunday.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 month bulk within sight. If anyone is interested in a log, I can oblige.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be, but come June my time spent here will plummet, so don't make it on account of me.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started this year at 207, I'm down to 190. I feel awesome that I was able to lose that much weight and kind of embarrassed that I weighed that much (when it wasn't muscle). But I lost quite a bit of strength.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting my Summer Training next Monday after being off for like a month now. I feel kind of garbage so it will be nice to get back into it.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Started this year at 207, I'm down to 190. I feel awesome that I was able to lose that much weight and kind of embarrassed that I weighed that much (when it wasn't muscle). But I lost quite a bit of strength.

I wish I knew more about exercising and nutrition earlier in life. I lost my fat, but I also wasted all those precious noob gains.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would be, but come June my time spent here will plummet, so don't make it on account of me.

I'm embarking on this:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

I might tinker with the assistance lifting a bit, and I'm not going to be as haphazard with my calories (obviously I'll be eating at a surplus, but he's talking 5,000+ calories a day I'd say), but I feel like this should be real nice.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm embarking on this:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

I might tinker with the assistance lifting a bit, and I'm not going to be as haphazard with my calories (obviously I'll be eating at a surplus, but he's talking 5,000+ calories a day I'd say), but I feel like this should be real nice.
Month 3 is going to be brutal. 5x10 with 70% of max right after a ORM sounds like hell.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Especially deads. My hands/shins would be beyond ****** up by the end of that.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Month 3 is going to be brutal. 5x10 with 70% of max right after a ORM sounds like hell.
Quote:
Especially deads. My hands/shins would be beyond ****** up by the end of that.

Can't wait.

/Bart Scott

Designing the template this weekend though, will post it in here.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It is actually more doable than I though, just did some quick calculations. It will still be brutal though.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
It is actually more doable than I though, just did some quick calculations. It will still be brutal though.

Exactly. I actually think the legs days aren't taxing enough months 1 and 2. I'm probably going to add front squats.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Exactly. I actually think the legs days aren't taxing enough months 1 and 2. I'm probably going to add front squats.
I dont know about that. My legs would be jello after 5-3-1 and a 5x10.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I dont know about that. My legs would be jello after 5-3-1 and a 5x10.

It's probably super ambitious. I'll find out Monday. I know Wendler's thoughts, and I know it will be a sufficient work out, but I just can't see myself out of the gym after 8 sets and some ab work. Maybe some iso movements... ***.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It's probably super ambitious. I'll find out Monday. I know Wendler's thoughts, and I know it will be a sufficient work out, but I just can't see myself out of the gym after 8 sets and some ab work. Maybe some iso movements... ***.
Well, I would say Squats and Deads leave it as is unless you had specific weak points you wanted to work on. For bench day though, considering it is your only upper day, I could see throwing in some OHP.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Alright, I'm not going to run a full log since no one wants to see it, but I'll drop in some progress notes...

First, back on creatine. Second, weigh in was 195. Third, I'm sorry for underestimating this Mr. Wendler. I did upper body today, and that 5x10 after the main lift was ******* brutal. I can't see legs being easier.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Alright, I'm not going to run a full log since no one wants to see it, but I'll drop in some progress notes...

First, back on creatine. Second, weigh in was 195. Third, I'm sorry for underestimating this Mr. Wendler. I did upper body today, and that 5x10 after the main lift was ******* brutal. I can't see legs being easier.
Squats will absolutely be worse.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Squats will absolutely be worse.
I know. :/. Extra front squats won't happen. Hoping I can at least work in Good Mornings. Will probably have to settle for iso movements.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been working out as well. I'm at 200, trying to get to 220.

One thing I need to start doing is measuring my body fat. I'm planning to get a Body Fat Caliper soon.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-07-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Workout program starts today. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Haven't lifted in like a month after my earlier program which was every weekday from January-Early April. Hopefully didn't lose too much strength because I was in my peak condition.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

First day back was pretty rough. Did some box-squats and DB Bench Press mixed in with some other stuff. I feel like crap now. First week is always the worst.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

My legs currently equate to jelly.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me how you like Boring but big ATL. I did 531 trimulative and saw good success. But when I switched over to the westside method I am seeing a lot of success. Plus I have more fun in the gym changing up exercises daily as opposed to the same things all the time under 531.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Tell me how you like Boring but big ATL. I did 531 trimulative and saw good success. But when I switched over to the westside method I am seeing a lot of success. Plus I have more fun in the gym changing up exercises daily as opposed to the same things all the time under 531.
I did regular 531 with a clusterfuck of assistance work for a while, but so far so good with this.

Today was:

531 Squats
5 sets of 10 Deads (at 50% max)
4 sets of Romanian Twists
3 sets of Leg Extension/Curls/Calf Work<<<<<<<Probably won't be able to do this when I get to the 60% month.
3 sets of Weighted Sit Ups

8 sets of 30 second running on incline, 30 second rest.

Most I've ever sweat in a lifting based workout. Intense.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you folks changing your diet too? I'm about to start incorporate a diet to suit my goals in the next day or so based on some of the research I've conducted. Unfortunately the workouts won't have much effect without the proper eating. At least for what I want to achieve. Can't wait to face the initial bumps in the road for this...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote